New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Star Wars: Rendezvous at Ord Mantell

You all recently disembarked from and old interstellar passenger shuttle named Endurance on the Outer Rim World of Ord Mantell in the frontier settlement of Great Rock. It has been a long and tiring flight, as you walk the dusty streets you realize that you have ten days until you next shuttle arrives, and that you should look for a place to stay and maybe some work to supplement you dawdling credit reserves, But first its early after noon and your hunger you find your selves gathered at a table together in Qexi’s, an absolute dive of a bar filled with the dregs of the galaxy. Most of the customers are Human, though a number of Rodians, Sullustans, Bothans, and even a pair of Trandoshans are present as well.

Suddenly a woman interrupts your peaceful afternoon by sliding into an open seat at your table. You didn’t see her come in, and she isn’t dressed like a local—in fact, her clothes look pretty expensive, though they’re spotted with mud and torn in several places. You also notice some recent bruises and scrapes on her arms. Before you can open your mouths, she puts a finger to her lips and glances furtively across the room. Then she turns back to you and says in a low voice, “Interested in helping out a girl in trouble?”
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-08-19 at 10:01 PM.
    here's the link to the mando'a language

Character links

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: Star Wars: Rendezvous at Ord Mantell

J-25-B

After the girl finishes her question, the conglomerate 'droid looks at Car'ul Var and says "Well, sir? {in Ryl} You know me, I'm in for it."
    The rules of boxing in Hawaii and throughout Polynesia were quite simple, opponents would take turns exchanging blows until one of them quits or is knocked out. Opponents are not allowed to block or dodge the punches.

Talk about fun!

Brimstone, Warforged Warlock

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Joron

Joron leans forward, resting his elbows on the table. That would depend on several things, among them what helping you entails, and why you require help.

4. - Top - End - #4

Car'ul Var

After the girl finished her question, Car'ul looks her over. He makes mental notes of her clothing and accessories, calculating their value to try and figure out how much he can earn from helping her.

Then, in answer to J-25-B's question, he says {Ryl} Looks like this could be worth our while. {Basic} Why, of course I'd be interested in helping a beauty such as yourself. Well, as long as there's something in it for me. He adds a charming smile to the sentence. And just like this fellow over here... he gestures toward Joron I'm rather interested in what you require help with, before I set a pricetag.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greystone View Post
    No fair framing me for something that looks like something i'd actually do!
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koolmie Shaad

Perhaps this is why... he thought as he finished forcing down a glass of blue milk. Disgusting by his expression, but the healthiest thing on this damned junkyard.

Although he wasn't facing the motly group, but he had seen them come in, and he could hear the new comer speak but just barely. ...yes, after weeks of searching for a way off of this dump this must be it.

6. - Top - End - #6

Emmanuel

Emmanuel is looking quite happy at the bar, he is drinking down the strongest stuff possible to try and knock his sense of smell out, before the smell knocked him out. Finally he managed to overhear something at the next table, it didn't seem like something he should be doing but he couldn't help but be interested by this.

Hmmm... so it seems there is something exciting everywhere you go, now I wonder if this is an honest job or a dirty job.

Just when Emmanuel was about to forget about everything around him and get lost in his drink that tingling feeling came to him. He let out a little groan, he knew this feeling. That damn feeling he got when he was about to either do something stupid or good... sometimes both. With a little sigh he shakes his head and tries to ignore everything around him.
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

Deny a monochrome future!!! -Radio Gosha-

7. - Top - End - #7

Car'ul Var also noticed that she has nothing other then the clothes on her back.

“I’m a visitor to this world, and I seem to have fallen afoul of the local crime element. I could use some help getting back to my ship. I can’t pay you anything now— I have no credits on me—but I can promise a reward of 500 credits apiece as soon as I get to my ship. “If you’re interested, we need to get started right away. Can you help me?”
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-08-22 at 11:41 AM.

Character links

8. - Top - End - #8

Car'ul Var

Car'ul stops to think for just a second, and then looks at J-25-B. {Ryl} We should tread carefully... Even if this is just a "local crime element", they might still be fairly powerful here. He then turns back to the woman. {Basic} Well, before we join forces, I would very much like to know what kind of "local crime element" you've happened to anger. I usually never get on the bad side of a crime syndicate unless I know they're not powerful enough to send an army bounty hunter after me. Usually anyway. He smiles wickedly at the last part.
    Currently practicing the art of pushing boredom to the point where it turns into a psychedelic drug.

9. - Top - End - #9

Emmanuel

Scraping the chair really loudly as he got up, loud enough to bother people in the cantina Emmanuel gets up slightly lopsided and then rights himself before complaining about a head rush. After he stands for a moment with his hand on his forehead he shambles over to the woman.

"500 credits? Who can pass that up, that might almost buy me a ship off this crappy planet with what I have. You can count on my help, regardless of what those others say... "
    They say hope begins in the dark, but most just flail around in the blackness...searching for their destiny. The darkness... for me... is where I shine. - Riddick

Exile

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Raisharabacca

Raisharabacca stood quietly at the bar, observing the whole scene with an air of disinterest. At the mention of credits, he arches an eyebrow and takes a few steps forward. Foregoing the usual gusto for which most Wookies speak, Raisharabacca speaks slowly and softely, "If you are in need, and offer payment- you can count me in."

11. - Top - End - #11

J-25-B

Looking to the girl, and to his employer, the droid says "Well, 500 credits would be the normal price that I ... We would charge" (guestures with one hand to his partner) ""But, since you cannot offer any cred up front, I'm ... we're going to require a slight extra charge. You understand, it's just buisness. I'd say... 50% extra, so 750 sounds like the match"
    The rules of boxing in Hawaii and throughout Polynesia were quite simple, opponents would take turns exchanging blows until one of them quits or is knocked out. Opponents are not allowed to block or dodge the punches.

Talk about fun!

12. - Top - End - #12

Car'ul Var

After his friend has made his offer, Car'ul decides to try and help convince their potential client. Of course, we would not only be more willing to help you, we'd also ask less questions about you or your past. And we might just work a little bit harder as well. He looks her straight in the eyes.

{OOC}Persuation roll: (1d20+9)[15]{/OOC}

13. - Top - End - #13

The woman seams to think it over a minute, OK 750 each it is, but i can go no higher. I guess if your going to work for me you should know my name, I'm Renci Tosh I'm independent stout i was on my way to a job when ship a modified Z-95 Headhunter experienced mechanical difficulties forcing me to crash-land a couple of days way from this town, we should get going soon!

Just a Renci stops talking you notice two goons a Rodian and a Trandoshan wearing crude uniforms burst through the door into the bar and start looking around. Upon seeing Tosh they start to head towards you and Tosh and they start to drew their blasters.

OK Roll those initiative

(DC 12 to spot Renci Tosh)
    Spot check Rodian Goon 1 (1d20+6)[16]
    Spot check Trandoshan Goon 2 (1d20+7)[17]
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-08-25 at 10:34 AM.

Character links

14. - Top - End - #14

Joron

It appears your criminal 'friends' have come to pay you a visit. He leans back and takes a sip of his drink. Let's see if they've noticed you. Despite his seemingly relaxed attitude about this, he's watching the goons intently.

Spoiler
    Show
    Initiative - (1d20+1)[7]
    Ready an action to use Force Disarm on whichever goon makes an aggressive action first or tries to grab Renci. ((1d20+12)[30])

15. - Top - End - #15

Car'ul Var

When Car'ul notices the obviously hostile goons, he readies himself for a fight and draws his blaster, holding it under the table to hide it. (In case the goons make any attempt to attack Renci, he'll shoot at the one that's the closest to him.)

Initiative: (1d20+6)[12]
    Attack: (1d20+1)[19]
    Damage: (3d8)[13]

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Raisharabacca

Drawing himself up to his full height, Raisharabacca draws his vibroblade and lets out a low growl. "Fun."

Init: (d20)[10]

17. - Top - End - #17

J-25-B

J-25-B perks up as the two people walk in, and when they start to draw their blasters, he goes into action. Standing up, seemingly nearly instantaneous, he draws his pistol with his left hand, and braces with his right. At the same time, his right sub-arm unfolds, revealing a Light Repeating Blaster built into the arm.
    He speaks, in a different style of voice, saying " Targets: Acquired.
    Trandoshan. Rodian.
    Hostile. Armed.
    Subdue Protocol: Initiate.
    "

Switching the blaster pistol to stun mode, and fires at the nearest one.
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[9](2d6+1)[3]

After firing, he says "Attention Hostiles: Remove your weapons. Evacuate from this premises. Otherwise face termination."

Talk about fun!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koolmie Shaad

So it seems she was telling the truth... he thought to himself.

Woman, perhaps you require the assistance of a Jedi. he says while standing up from his table, the whole time keeping his hand on his lightsaber hilt attempting to scare the thugs off if nothing else.

(1d20+6)[19] - Initiative

19. - Top - End - #19

Tired of the bloodthirstiness of the group Emmanuel decides a different approach might be of use.

"You criminals should reconsider, we have the advantage in numbers. I am sure we can talk this ut before someone gets hurt."

(1d20+2)[4] Initiative
    (1d20+2)[12] Persuasion check for Adept Negotiator

Exile

20. - Top - End - #20

As the Goons aproch and there weapon clear there hoilster The Droid J-25-B suddenly stands make its statement and opens fire but the stun bolt goes wide, Almost immediately the Rodian Returns the droids fire but it miss and goes by the droids head by about a centimeter, moments later Koolmie Shaad stands and makes his statement but its to late, seconds later Car'ul Var who had secretly drown his blaster under the table fires thought the table at the Rodian the blast punches a hole though the table and into the the Rodians chest, the hard hit knocks the Rodian back as he fall he drops his blaster he hit the ground in such a way that says he's dead but he could just be out cold, then Raisharabacca gives a wookiee roar of delight, but before the Trandoshan could act, Joron reaches out and the Trandoshan weapon flies out of his hand and into Joron, Joron note that the weapon is a Heavy blaster pistol that seem to have been optimized in order drew faster, for a moment they is very surprised Trandoshan He quickly spots his buddy's weapon but its out of reach so he dive toward it and behind another table, and then Emmanuel makes his plea but its no good.

Round two

Quick drew heavy blaster pistol: any one with the Quick drew Feat its a free action to drew and holster this weapon.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-08-26 at 05:26 PM.

Character links

21. - Top - End - #21

J-25-B

As the fight turns lethal, the droid points the pistol at the ceiling, saying "Termination protocol: Active. Main weapon system: Active." and starts to fire the light repeating blaster arm.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Brace weapon, autofire getting the trandoshan and rodian both.
    (1d20+4)[12](3d8+1)[21]

Talk about fun!

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Koolmie Shaad

Koolmie draws his lightsaber from it's concealed holster, igniting the green blade he then makes a pushing motion directed at the table the thug is behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Object on the Table-
    (1d20+6)[7]

23. - Top - End - #23

Car'ul Var

Car'ul allows himself to smile slightly as his shot hits the Rodian. He immediately aims at the Trandoshan and fires once more. (Though only if he's not already dead by the time that Car'ul manages to get a clear shot at him.)

(1d20+1)[21]
    (3d8)[13]

24. - Top - End - #24

Emmanuel

Emmanuel decides at this point talking would be fruitless as the enemy would be dead before he could say two words. Quickly he rushes up to the Trandoshan and raises his fist to try and strike him. He only hopes he can get something done before the others do.

(1d20+1)[20]
    (1d6)[6]

Exile

25. - Top - End - #25

Joron

Joron takes a quick look around and decides the battle is won. He leans back in his chair and says (to Renci): I think this shows we're the right beings for the job. He sighs. Though I do wish the others wouldn't be so zealous about permanently disabling others.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Raisharabacca

Growling low, Raisharabacca moves in and takes a swing at the Trandoshan (if he is not already dead.)

Spoiler
    Show

To Hit: (d20+4)[13]
    Damage: (2d6+3)[10]

27. - Top - End - #27

With in seconds of J-25-B open fire Both the Rodian & Trandoshan are dead and in the aftermath Five tables and over a dozen chairs stand demolished as the other patrons come out from cover, so dose the Barkeep, with a look of horror on his face turns to all and demands angrily, Who's Going to Pay of this.

Character links

28. - Top - End - #28

Car'ul Var

Car'ul takes a look around the room before answering the Barkeep. Oh, since we were attacked by them, and not the other way around, it's obvious that they should pay. The look on his face shows that he completely believes in what he just said.

Persuation - (1d20+9)[24]

29. - Top - End - #29

The barkeep gets a look of contemplation on his face as he thinks over Car'ul Var point of view, Finally the Barkeep pulls out a data-pad and dose some calculations, Finally he says, I'll except that as long as they have enough to cover the 1200 Credits that it will cost me to replace this mess. but if they don't you'll have to make up the diffance. the barkeep goes and searches the bodies and as luck would have it he finds four chip with a combined amount that will cover the damage. That should do it, if there's any thing they have you want take it now and then get out of here.
    Last edited by Graybacca; 2008-08-29 at 07:42 PM.

Character links

30. - Top - End - #30

J-25-B

The droid walks forward, gun-arm folding away, and holstering his pistol. He rifles through the trandoshan, searching for weapons. He takes off the belt and holster the trandoshan was wearing. Looking up, he says "Well, we should be on our way. Do you have the weapon protocols for that pistol, Sir? If you do, this goes with that blaster. Otherwise... " and the droid taps his blaster.
    Last edited by Statistikx; 2008-09-01 at 02:07 PM.

Talk about fun!