New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 122728293031323334353637
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 1110
  1. - Top - End - #1081
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (IC) HtV STL by Night

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Caitlyn tells Jen to meet her at City Loafers, a shop on the South side of St. Louis that started as a bakery, but has become popular for its pizzas and sandwiches. They recently started serving brunch and Caitlyn explains she's been wanting to check it out since she heard about it. Bill responds saying he'll be looking forward to it.

After washing up and taking care of her morning rituals, Jen drives over to City Loafers. It's a small, no frills place with minimalistic decoration and just a few more than 5 tables. Caitlyn is already there, waiting in a line leading up to the cash register, a mimosa in hand. She gives Jen a hug as she approaches and says, "They say it will be about 30 minutes before we're seated. You can pull a menu up on your phone. Someone will come by if you want to order a drink while we wait." She takes a sip of her mimosa and grins. "Thanks for coming," she says, "how have you been? I started the new job. So far so good!" She gives a girlish squeal of excitement.
    "I really needed this," Jen said as she took her first sip.

"I'm starting to look for another gig," she said, then took a few bites of food, "oh, you started finally? You'll have to tell me everything."

It was nice to get a dose of normalcy after the total weird her life had become.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #1082
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Caitlyn raises an eyebrow and asks, "New gig? Things aren't going well with the engineering job? What's going on?"

Later, in reply to Jen's interest, Caitlyn will explain how she completed training, how she likes her new boss and how she kind of thinks that he might be interested in her, in more way that one. She goes on to say how she'll mostly be operating in the greater Missouri/Southern Illinois area, but that she'll be making trips every once in a while farther out to Chicago and Nashville, and a couple of other places. She seems genuinely enthusiastic about her job, and the longer Caitlyn talks, the more the young girl who Jen befriended pours through.

(OOC: Is there anything in particular you want to try to accomplish with this scene? Let's not end it yet, and don't let me forget to give you back a WP for it)
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #1083
    Titan in the Playground

Caitlyn raises an eyebrow and asks, "New gig? Things aren't going well with the engineering job? What's going on?"

Later, in reply to Jen's interest, Caitlyn will explain how she completed training, how she likes her new boss and how she kind of thinks that he might be interested in her, in more way that one. She goes on to say how she'll mostly be operating in the greater Missouri/Southern Illinois area, but that she'll be making trips every once in a while farther out to Chicago and Nashville, and a couple of other places. She seems genuinely enthusiastic about her job, and the longer Caitlyn talks, the more the young girl who Jen befriended pours through.

(OOC: Is there anything in particular you want to try to accomplish with this scene? Let's not end it yet, and don't let me forget to give you back a WP for it)
    Jen laughs.
    "That engineering job ended like three months ago... Guess this means we need to catch up more often," she replied, "Are you really going to try to sleep with your boss? You know there's about a million ways that can go bad."

Spoiler
    Show

(I'm ok to run concurrently with the cult scene. We can wrap up whenever Daishain finishes his stuff.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #1084
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Caitlyn chuckles, and coyly replies, "Well not yet." She takes a sip of her rose and shrugs. "I mean, right now it's just good to... feel wanted again," she says with a chuckle. Then Caitlyn will lean forward, lowering her voice a little and say, "I know romance isn't really your thing Jen, but really, what's going on? There has to be more to your life then work, right?"

Jen knew this side of Caitlyn, just like she knew Jen. Her best friend wasn't accusing her of being boring, but was accusing Jen of holding back, of not telling her whatever was really going on.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1085
    Titan in the Playground

Caitlyn chuckles, and coyly replies, "Well not yet." She takes a sip of her rose and shrugs. "I mean, right now it's just good to... feel wanted again," she says with a chuckle. Then Caitlyn will lean forward, lowering her voice a little and say, "I know romance isn't really your thing Jen, but really, what's going on? There has to be more to your life then work, right?"

Jen knew this side of Caitlyn, just like she knew Jen. Her best friend wasn't accusing her of being boring, but was accusing Jen of holding back, of not telling her whatever was really going on.
    "I've been doing some shooting, some exploring," Jen replied, "thinking about finally getting my driver's license. Though unless I find some work soon it might be a better idea to get a motorcycle license."
    She laughed at her own joke.
    TC for short

6. - Top - End - #1086
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Frank awakens the next morning to a voice message. The message is linked to his business phone, and is from Peter Cho, the well dressed librarian from the other day. The message states that his colleague, presumably a member of The Lodge, would like to meet Frank. Cho doesn't provide a name or any further information, but leaves Frank a number to call.

Assuming Frank calls the number, a man's voice picks up on the other line; wizened and deep and creaking like a warped door. "Mr. Daughtridge I presume," the voice asks, "You're name has passed my way several times recently."

Caitlyn shrugs. "I can teach you how to drive, if you're interested," she says, then takes another sip. Then that coy grin again, "And I still have that friend who can teach you how to drive a motorcycle. The one I told you about. He is cute."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1087
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Frank keeps his tone relatively formal as he responds, "Yes sir. I do hope I have not caused too much of a disturbance with my inquiries, if there is a proper protocol to making contact, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with it. Mr Cho tells me that you wished to meet?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

8. - Top - End - #1088
    Titan in the Playground

Frank awakens the next morning to a voice message. The message is linked to his business phone, and is from Peter Cho, the well dressed librarian from the other day. The message states that his colleague, presumably a member of The Lodge, would like to meet Frank. Cho doesn't provide a name or any further information, but leaves Frank a number to call.

Assuming Frank calls the number, a man's voice picks up on the other line; wizened and deep and creaking like a warped door. "Mr. Daughtridge I presume," the voice asks, "You're name has passed my way several times recently."

Caitlyn shrugs. "I can teach you how to drive, if you're interested," she says, then takes another sip. Then that coy grin again, "And I still have that friend who can teach you how to drive a motorcycle. The one I told you about. He is cute."
    "Ha, okay now i definitely need to get a license," Jen replied.

Spoiler
    Show
    not much to do here, can continue roleplaying forever but maybe we should move over to the brotherhood. I think Jen wants to find out more about occult stuff now that there's a second happening
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #1089
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There is a pause on the line, before the man replies to Frank. "Mr. Cho told me that you wanted to meet. So did Mr. Black," the man says gruffly, "even though I am sure that you are aware that the very nature of the relationship between me and my colleagues is one that... thrives on privacy." Frank can hear him take a deep breath in and out. Then after another pause he says slowly, "However, I suppose it would be best to arrange a face-to-face. Since you are live locally, why don't we meet somewhere public that offers a little bit of privacy. Have you ever been to Brendan's?"

Though Frank had likely never been, he was likely aware of the cocktail bar. It was an expensive joint in Downtown St. Louis, that had a reputation for servicing the wealthy business men who worked corporate and financial jobs in that neighborhood. From what Frank heard, there was actually a bouncer who kept less desirable would be attendees out, though that sounded a little outrageous if not downright illegal.

(OOC: Jen has been to Brendan's if you want to look that part of the game up)

Jen raises an eyebrow, and grins "So... is that a yes to me, or my friend." There was a devilish look in Caitlyn's eye, and it was clear she was hoping for the opportunity to play matchmaker and stir up some drama. She grabs her phone and starts swiping through it, adding with excitement, "I can show you pictures of him if you like."

(OOC: Let's just resolve this so I know how to set up a subsequent scene)
    Show

10. - Top - End - #1090
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Frank takes a breath, trying to figure out how to phrase this properly, "I understand sir, please know that I would not be nearly so intrusive under normal circumstances, and I have no intention of compromising your privacy as far as others are concerned."

"In any case, I do know the place. My schedule is flexible enough I can be there almost any time, when would you care to meet?"
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-

11. - Top - End - #1091
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The man makes a noise at Frank's promise; perhaps a chuckle or perhaps a guffaw. He replies to Frank, "Do you like oysters? We can meet ofr lunch if that works." Lunch would be in a few hours. Now as an aside, oysters in the Midwest are generally freshwater, larger more muscular pieces of mucous without the salty brine of their smaller saltwater cousins. These generally have to grilled or fried, or covered in herbs and spices.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1092
    Titan in the Playground

There is a pause on the line, before the man replies to Frank. "Mr. Cho told me that you wanted to meet. So did Mr. Black," the man says gruffly, "even though I am sure that you are aware that the very nature of the relationship between me and my colleagues is one that... thrives on privacy." Frank can hear him take a deep breath in and out. Then after another pause he says slowly, "However, I suppose it would be best to arrange a face-to-face. Since you are live locally, why don't we meet somewhere public that offers a little bit of privacy. Have you ever been to Brendan's?"

Though Frank had likely never been, he was likely aware of the cocktail bar. It was an expensive joint in Downtown St. Louis, that had a reputation for servicing the wealthy business men who worked corporate and financial jobs in that neighborhood. From what Frank heard, there was actually a bouncer who kept less desirable would be attendees out, though that sounded a little outrageous if not downright illegal.

(OOC: Jen has been to Brendan's if you want to look that part of the game up)

Jen raises an eyebrow, and grins "So... is that a yes to me, or my friend." There was a devilish look in Caitlyn's eye, and it was clear she was hoping for the opportunity to play matchmaker and stir up some drama. She grabs her phone and starts swiping through it, adding with excitement, "I can show you pictures of him if you like."

(OOC: Let's just resolve this so I know how to set up a subsequent scene)
    Jen

"Ah yeah, sure, I'll take a look," Jen replied, "no promises though."
    If he was decent looking she'd allow Caitlyn to suggest he add her on Facebook.
    TC for short

13. - Top - End - #1093
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Turning her phone around, Caitlyn shows her friend a series of pictures of a guy in his late 20s. "His name is Carter," she says, which agrees with the facebook account. He looks fit, has a couple of tattoos and straight hair that's so dark it's almost black. He's handsome enough, though looks a little extreme-sportsy. Caitlyn pulls up the account of his business, "West County Riding Training and Safety", which looks professional enough. With growing excitement, she adds, "He's a lot of fun... and at the least you could learn a thing or two about riding a bike. I know you've been thinking about it for a while."
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1094
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Frank blinks at the man's apparent amusement concerning the possibility of him talking. Great, sounds like these guys also had active measures in place to keep their secrets...

"Lunch sounds like a great idea sir, I hope it will be productive."

15. - Top - End - #1095
    Titan in the Playground

Turning her phone around, Caitlyn shows her friend a series of pictures of a guy in his late 20s. "His name is Carter," she says, which agrees with the facebook account. He looks fit, has a couple of tattoos and straight hair that's so dark it's almost black. He's handsome enough, though looks a little extreme-sportsy. Caitlyn pulls up the account of his business, "West County Riding Training and Safety", which looks professional enough. With growing excitement, she adds, "He's a lot of fun... and at the least you could learn a thing or two about riding a bike. I know you've been thinking about it for a while."
    "Oh, does he actually own the school?" Jen asked. That might be worth looking into.

She added biker-tattoo guy.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #1096
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

There is a pause after Frank's reply. Then the man mutters something along the line of "sure, sure", before the line goes dead.

Frank had a few hours to get ready, or get other things done before his lunch date. But eventually he makes his way to Brendan's. The downtown area of St. Louis brought the term "urban rot" to Frank's mind. Wide open streets were lined with towering high rise buildings for corporations and luxury apartments, but many of the street level facades sported shattered glass windows or were simply boarded up. The pavement was cracked, and the sidewalks were littered with trash. Few pedestrians were out on the street, other than an upsetting number of homeless who camped under awnings, or shuffled up and down the blocks. Whatever new world shine had once radiated from the streets of the downtown area had long since tarnished, and now only the most calcified wealthy chose to come if they had a choice.

(OOC: Not really hyperbolic World of Darkness descriptions either)

When Frank gets to Brendan's he is greeted at the front entrance by a bouncer; a man with a black leather jacket and a few too many facial tattoos. "You have a reservation?" the man asks Frank suspiciously.

The fact that Jen continued to show interest was only fueling Caitlyn's excitement. "Yeah, it's his business," she says with an ear to ear grin. She also gives Carter's personal cellphone and adds, "I'd be happy to introduce you two, if you're interested," her voice filled with both excitement and mischief, "He's cute, don't you think?"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1097
    Titan in the Playground

There is a pause after Frank's reply. Then the man mutters something along the line of "sure, sure", before the line goes dead.

Frank had a few hours to get ready, or get other things done before his lunch date. But eventually he makes his way to Brendan's. The downtown area of St. Louis brought the term "urban rot" to Frank's mind. Wide open streets were lined with towering high rise buildings for corporations and luxury apartments, but many of the street level facades sported shattered glass windows or were simply boarded up. The pavement was cracked, and the sidewalks were littered with trash. Few pedestrians were out on the street, other than an upsetting number of homeless who camped under awnings, or shuffled up and down the blocks. Whatever new world shine had once radiated from the streets of the downtown area had long since tarnished, and now only the most calcified wealthy chose to come if they had a choice.

(OOC: Not really hyperbolic World of Darkness descriptions either)

When Frank gets to Brendan's he is greeted at the front entrance by a bouncer; a man with a black leather jacket and a few too many facial tattoos. "You have a reservation?" the man asks Frank suspiciously.

The fact that Jen continued to show interest was only fueling Caitlyn's excitement. "Yeah, it's his business," she says with an ear to ear grin. She also gives Carter's personal cellphone and adds, "I'd be happy to introduce you two, if you're interested," her voice filled with both excitement and mischief, "He's cute, don't you think?"
    "He's okay," Jen replied, "I'll have to see what he looks like in real life. How did you meet him, anyway?"
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #1098
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Caitlyn shrugs, mischief pouring from her smile and in the twinkle of her eyes. She leans in and says, "A friend of an old boyfriend. Sam and I are no longer talking, but Carter's a good guy." She chuckles and takes a sip of her wine. "Jen, when was the last time you dated," she asks playfully.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1099
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Frank is dressed in his best business attire, a decent looking suit. It didn't see much use, but there were always a few clients that seemed more interested in appearances than anything else.

He gives the bouncer a nod, "I was to meet someone else here, might you already be expecting a Frank Daughtridge?"

20. - Top - End - #1100
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

For a moment it appears the bouncer is about to wave Frank away. But the moment he says his name, the man in the black leather jacket's eyes open wide. "Oh, you're here to see Mr. Levi," he says, half asking. The name immediately triggers memories of researching in the library. Frank had discovered that the leader of The Lodge was a man named Julius Levi. He had seen pictures of the man, stout and hunched and severe. Something about the man's appearance in those photos had reminded Frank of Winston Churchill, or maybe The Penguin from the Batman comic books. The bouncer opens the door for Frank and says, "Just head up the stairs. Tell Jess when you get to the top that you are here to see Mr. Levi."

Frank follows the stairs up, noting the fine dark wooden paneling along the walls and the framed black and white photographs of St. Louis from what must have been practically a century ago. At the top, the hostess Jess is a woman with wild curly hair and tattoos up and down her exposed arms and shoulders. She seems equally impressed when Frank tells her who he's there to see. "Right this way," she says in a husky voice, and leads Frank over to a booth at the back of the club.

Julius Levi sits at the booth alone, his attention drawn to an open newspaper that's half folded over the table. He's dressed in an old and fuzzy looking pinstripe suit, and though the lower half of his face is hidden by the newspaper, Frank can see his blue eyes framed by wire-rim spectacles. He looks up from the newspaper, but does not lower it. "Mr. Daughtridge?" he asks in his now familiar voice, "have a seat."

There is tension in the man's voice, and Jess catches it. She offers to let Frank get settled and says she'll come back in a bit.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1101
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Frank will offer to shake Mr Levi's hand if the man seems open to it, otherwise he'll simply have a seat. "Its good to meet you sir. I want to thank you for hearing me out, I think your... you and your friends might have the sort of information I need right now."

22. - Top - End - #1102
    Titan in the Playground

Caitlyn shrugs, mischief pouring from her smile and in the twinkle of her eyes. She leans in and says, "A friend of an old boyfriend. Sam and I are no longer talking, but Carter's a good guy." She chuckles and takes a sip of her wine. "Jen, when was the last time you dated," she asks playfully.
    "What, like seriously, and not just a fling? Like... years, probably?" she replied, "we'll see how long it takes me to drive this one off too."
    TC for short

23. - Top - End - #1103
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Julius Levi stares at Frank's extended hand for a long second, before making a big fuss of folding and removing his newspaper, standing up, and shaking Frank's hand. "You too," he grumbles as he slowly lowers himself back into the booth with a groan. He motions for Frank to sit, seeming to ignore the rest of what he has to say. Once Frank has sat down, Levi laces his hands on the table and leans forward. Finally he says, "Yes, yes. Well I hear you have been asking around about the Lodge." His breath is sour and smoky as if he's been drinking curdled milk while toking a pipe. "Now what exactly is it that you are... that you think you are looking for?" He raises an eyebrow at Frank, cold blue eyes staring deep into Frank's.

Still grinning mischievously, Caitlyn replies, "Hopefully long enough to get a few rides in!" She takes another sip of her drink, watching Jen's reaction coyly. After a moment, she will add more sincerely, "Anyways, let me know if you want me to help introduce you guys, or if you wanna like do a double date, or something."
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1104
    Titan in the Playground

Julius Levi stares at Frank's extended hand for a long second, before making a big fuss of folding and removing his newspaper, standing up, and shaking Frank's hand. "You too," he grumbles as he slowly lowers himself back into the booth with a groan. He motions for Frank to sit, seeming to ignore the rest of what he has to say. Once Frank has sat down, Levi laces his hands on the table and leans forward. Finally he says, "Yes, yes. Well I hear you have been asking around about the Lodge." His breath is sour and smoky as if he's been drinking curdled milk while toking a pipe. "Now what exactly is it that you are... that you think you are looking for?" He raises an eyebrow at Frank, cold blue eyes staring deep into Frank's.

Still grinning mischievously, Caitlyn replies, "Hopefully long enough to get a few rides in!" She takes another sip of her drink, watching Jen's reaction coyly. After a moment, she will add more sincerely, "Anyways, let me know if you want me to help introduce you guys, or if you wanna like do a double date, or something."
    “Why don’t we do a double? That sounds like fun,” Jen replied. Of course, it meant she couldn’t bail as easily if the guy was less than suitable. Worst case, maybe she could finally get her license.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #1105
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Put simply, a while back my friend and I stumbled across something that according to all prior experience shouldn't exist, and accidentally set it loose while escaping. We managed to scrape something together and deal with that particular problem, but not before it directly threatened my family." Frank's countenance is firm as he remembers. "I have two young daughters sir, they are my life, and I brought death to their doorstep by stumbling around in the dark. I refuse to allow that to happen again. We have since been given ample hints that our experiences represent but the tip of the iceberg in this regard, meaning I have a lot to learn."

"That is why I sought out the lodge, what I've been able to glean strongly suggests that you have the information I need, or at least more of it than anyone else I have been able to uncover. As for what I can offer in turn, I was hoping that a good start would be offering to add to your own knowledge with a detailed accounting of our experiences with Mo-Tataklee, or at least something that seemed to fit that legend."
    Last edited by Daishain; 2024-04-20 at 01:01 PM.

26. - Top - End - #1106
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"It's a date," Caitlyn says with near ecstatic glee, "I'll try to get something set up based on what works for... everyone. Next weekend work for you?" She's got her phone out and has both thumbs working over time.

(OOC: Okay to end this here, unless there's more you want to explore. Next would be heading to Salem to see the Brotherhood?)

As Frank talks about his experience with The Wytch the man raises an eyebrow, his hard expression meant to portray skepticism. This softens only a little as he talks about his family. As Frank finishes, Levi responds with a long 'hmmmm'. He takes a long breath in and then replies, "Mo-Tataklee? I'm not sure I am familiar." However, something about the man's reply makes that hard to believe. Mr. Levi continues, "And what is it you believe The Lodge can help you with? What is it that you think we are?"

(OOC: Maybe a social roll of some kind might be useful here)
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1107
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

"Honestly sir I do not have a full picture on that. The exact nature of the Lodge is well hidden. I am reasonably certain that you are a collector of... unusual stories and information, but to what end is less clear." Frank pauses a moment to choose his words, one hand under the table rubbing itself with anxiety.

"I might ask after assistance in ensuring that those I care for are safe, but if information that may leave me better equipped to do it myself is all that is on the table, that chance alone was enough to bring me to you."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Presence+persuasion (4d10)[10][4][5][3](22)
    ten again (4d10)[2][9][6][3](20)

28. - Top - End - #1108
    Titan in the Playground

"It's a date," Caitlyn says with near ecstatic glee, "I'll try to get something set up based on what works for... everyone. Next weekend work for you?" She's got her phone out and has both thumbs working over time.

(OOC: Okay to end this here, unless there's more you want to explore. Next would be heading to Salem to see the Brotherhood?)

As Frank talks about his experience with The Wytch the man raises an eyebrow, his hard expression meant to portray skepticism. This softens only a little as he talks about his family. As Frank finishes, Levi responds with a long 'hmmmm'. He takes a long breath in and then replies, "Mo-Tataklee? I'm not sure I am familiar." However, something about the man's reply makes that hard to believe. Mr. Levi continues, "And what is it you believe The Lodge can help you with? What is it that you think we are?"

(OOC: Maybe a social roll of some kind might be useful here)
    "Sure, Saturday should be okay," Jen replied.
    Spoiler
    Show
    yes, to see the brotherhood of mather.
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #1109
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Frank's description of The Lodge seems to tickle Levi, who begrudgingly responds with a small chuckle. He studies Frank for a long second, and then nods as if deciding something to himself. But rather than speak to Frank, the man raises a hand and calls over a waitress. "Two dozen raw please," he says flatly to the woman, adding, "and get me an ashtray if you would dear." Then with a wave of his hand, he excuses the waitress who has never had the opportunity to speak. As she walks away, he says, "Sorry, I'm starting to get hungry. Hope you like oysters. They ship these all the way from Massachusetts and such. The real deal if you know what I mean."

He reaches into the coat of his pocket and removes a cigar, eying Frank again. Rolling the stick in his hand, he takes a deep breath in and sighs. "So then, what is it that you are afraid of. What is it that is threatening your family, that you think we can help you with?" Levi raises a bushy grey eyebrow. His expression is still hard, full of skepticism.

Jen finishes up her meal with Caitlyn; surprisingly good. They set a tentative time and place for the double date and Caitlyn leaves still buzzing with excitement. Leaving the bakery, Jen is hit with the wet humidity of the day and the grey almost smoggy sky. She heads to her car and begins the drive out to Salem.

By the time she gets into town, a light rain is painting the streets. Pulling up to the church, Jen can see a decent collection of familiar pick up trucks parked along the street. Main street is still pretty empty, and even from where Jen's parked across the street, she can hear music playing from inside the church. Out on the steps though are Alexandra and Arnold. The two are (as always) dressed in camo and workwear, huddled together under an umbrella, sharing a cigarette and a can of Miller. They note Jen and Arnold waves to here. "What brings you up today," he calls, a friendly grin on his face.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1110
    Titan in the Playground

Frank's description of The Lodge seems to tickle Levi, who begrudgingly responds with a small chuckle. He studies Frank for a long second, and then nods as if deciding something to himself. But rather than speak to Frank, the man raises a hand and calls over a waitress. "Two dozen raw please," he says flatly to the woman, adding, "and get me an ashtray if you would dear." Then with a wave of his hand, he excuses the waitress who has never had the opportunity to speak. As she walks away, he says, "Sorry, I'm starting to get hungry. Hope you like oysters. They ship these all the way from Massachusetts and such. The real deal if you know what I mean."

He reaches into the coat of his pocket and removes a cigar, eying Frank again. Rolling the stick in his hand, he takes a deep breath in and sighs. "So then, what is it that you are afraid of. What is it that is threatening your family, that you think we can help you with?" Levi raises a bushy grey eyebrow. His expression is still hard, full of skepticism.

Jen finishes up her meal with Caitlyn; surprisingly good. They set a tentative time and place for the double date and Caitlyn leaves still buzzing with excitement. Leaving the bakery, Jen is hit with the wet humidity of the day and the grey almost smoggy sky. She heads to her car and begins the drive out to Salem.

By the time she gets into town, a light rain is painting the streets. Pulling up to the church, Jen can see a decent collection of familiar pick up trucks parked along the street. Main street is still pretty empty, and even from where Jen's parked across the street, she can hear music playing from inside the church. Out on the steps though are Alexandra and Arnold. The two are (as always) dressed in camo and workwear, huddled together under an umbrella, sharing a cigarette and a can of Miller. They note Jen and Arnold waves to here. "What brings you up today," he calls, a friendly grin on his face.
    "Hey, got any more?" Jen asked, "had some time today and figured I would stop by, hang out a bit, swap some stories, and maybe look around at what y'all have been able to collect over the years. Must be some interesting books or reports or something, right?"
    TC for short