New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Travels Through Time: The Wizard and the Paladin IC

Celdur Hanicen - Grandpa?

Celdur paused in his return to the battle, spotting the stone moving as James Windrider entered the room. Instead of returning to the fight, he instead stood protectively over Jessana, and once acknowledging who he was, immediately saw fit to put his cloak around his mother's body, so as not to have her dishonoured such a way in front of his.. grandfather?

He then raised his greathammer and attempted to smash the chains in the confusion.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Okay! Chains have Hardness 10 and 5 hit points, so let's see if we can't break 'em!

Attempt 1

Damage 1 - (1d12+6)[12]

Damage 2 - (1d12+6)[15]

Edit: Whoops, forgot to apply my magical weapon damage to it. That's +1 on both, making it 13 and 16. Also, merciful damage can't apply, as I misread it, so I removed the rolls.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Parrallathan; 2008-04-15 at 06:22 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Master Yoda - 99% (Wow. Talk about similarities. )

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Bugbear in the Playground

Jessana Windrider

Jessana was quick to grab the cloak, barely giving Celdur a thankful nod before turning to her father. "Your man? I can't believe you associate with scums like this! That you lacked any sense of responsability made no doubt, but this is..." Her voice was drowned out as Celdur hit the chains, but when the noise died, her voice still carried on "And don't you dare touch Zephyr! He's been more loyal than you ever were!"

Fezim Aulm - Happily Surprised by the Situation

Finding the cave a moment after James Windrider entered, Fezim was... quite happy with the situation. A bit disappointed Jessana had a cloak, certainly, but he remembered enough to know what was under. Hesitating on the next course of actions, he noticed Celdur was raising his hammer to free his mother. Might as well help him while he makes enough noise to cover me.

Still under his invisible spell, he strolled idly into the cave and began casting the moment the hammer hit the chain. He kept his voice low, the metal-against-metal-against-rock cacophony being more than enough to cover his next - and perhaps last - spell: another Knock. As Celdur's hammer hit the chains a second time, all of Jessana's chains opened together.

Jessana Windrider - The Hell?

Giving a surprised looked at the chains, Jessana glanced to Celdur questioningly, but decided not to ask. She kept a tight hold on the cloak as she weakly raised on her feet, using the stone wall as a support. A quick survey of the cave told her her equipment was close, but she didn't dare go before she knew the vile paladin was dead.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

James touch the head of horse and start to incantate rejoin your plan and heal yourself..

Spoiler
    Show
    DISMISSAL WILL DC:23

4. - Top - End - #274

Jessana Windrider

Jessana had a moment of scare when Zephyr disappeared, but her instincts kicked in quickly when she realised Jack was free to move around. She cursed, dashing for her things while keeping the cloak tight around her. The first thing she picked up was her pants - which she could easily slip on while keeping the cloak. Dressing with the swiftness of one used to urgency, she made a fine job at keeping herself out of sight as she put on basic underclothes.

Fezim Aulm

... Much to Fezim's disappointment. Unable to attack without reappearing, out of useful spell, the Enchanter sighed and found a wall to lean on and wait while the events unfolded. Perhaps he should warn Celdur he was there as well but... the paladin might've already noticed the unexplained chain opening. No point in distracting him any further.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen

Celdur followed Jessana as she moved over to her belongings, guarding her all the way as he did, his large armoured form shielding her from the two men in the room. However, he had noticed something a bit strange about when he struck the chains...

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using Spellcraft to try and identify the Knock spell. DC 17!

Spellcraft - (1d20+13)[14]

... Well, Dang.
    Last edited by Parrallathan; 2008-04-15 at 08:15 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

6. - Top - End - #276

Jessana Windrider

Jessana let out a relieved sigh once she'd put her clothes back on, and picked up her longsword. A confident smile made its way to her lips as she once again held the holy weapon, and she turned towards Jack, stepping forward next to Celdur. "Let's finish this."

7. - Top - End - #277
    Orc in the Playground

You know you are really stubborn you two, I will repeat myself and they will be no other time, THIS MY COMBAT.he start to incantate and if nothing is done Jessena and Celdur are blocked by an invisible wall

Spoiler
    Show
    Wall of Force, Fézim is with Jack and James
    Last edited by calijames; 2008-04-15 at 08:47 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278

Jessana Windrider

"Your combat?" Jessana answered "We're as caught in all of this than you are!" She began advancing, only to have her sword clang against the wall. Scowling, she banged the hill on it once, before glaring through the wall of force at her father. "I know where I take my stubborness from." She muttered, looking back at Celdur. "Ideas?"

Fezim Aulm - On the Wrong Side of Things

Fezim clucked his tongue as the wall of force appeared, frowning slightly at being stuck on the fighting side of things. Not that he feared much, invisible as he was, but one never knew...

He couldn't help but smile at Jessana's reaction and continuous anger - which wasn't directed at him for once. As he continued to observe her, however, his smile turned into a small frown, then back into a wide smirk. Well, well... that's interesting. His eyes flicked to Celdur, then back to Jessana. Someone will have a few questions to answer.
    Last edited by Annalia; 2008-04-15 at 09:08 PM.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen

"Not many. I'm not much of a magician, I can't pull this wall down. But hasn't it only got a limited area?" Celdur asked, scouring his mind for any knowledge of the spell.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Let's see if I'm anymore successful Identifying this spell... :P

Spellcraft - (1d20+13)[28]
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280

Jessana Windrider

"No idea. I'm no wizard." Keeping sword at the ready, she walked along the wall, running a hand on it. "Nothing stops us from testing, however." She will moved to cave's wall, then back all the other way, searching both ends for an opening.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen

"Hm. It's a wall of force. It's a fairly potent spell - only a few things can get rid of it, and none I'm capable of. It's got a limited range, but given the proportions of the cavern, he's likely blocked us off." Celdur reported unfortunately.

"C'mere, we may as well use the opportunity to get you armoured until the spell dissipates." Suggested Celdur, picking up a piece of her full plate.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Provided Jessana agrees, Celdur will help her Don her Armour hastily, thus taking two minutes - or twenty rounds.
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282

Jessana Windrider

Once again banging angrily her sword hilt on the wall in a futile attempt to make it disappeared, Jessana let out a sigh and turned to Celdur. "I suppose there is no other options." Following him to the armour pieces, she allowed him to help her put it on. "Do you know where we are, Celdur? I can't remember being brought here."

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen

Celdur set to re-armouring Jessana. "Afraid not. I was unconcious when I was brought here."
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284

Jessana Windrider

Jessana sighed as she continued to strap the armour on. "Makes two of us, and I'm not going to ask." She glanced at her father, before adding "I'm not sure what is going on, Celdur, but if this my father's doing... I'm sorry you were caught up in it. You had better to do, I'm sure."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Orc in the Playground

the face of James was full of anger Now you are going to tell me two things first why this guy is still alive ? And then why did you kidnapped my daughter? Becareful if you don't respond correctly you'll die

First of all I was planning to blackmailing and be nominate at the top of the organization because you are too weak, you have something call pity that make you weaker than you already are, maybe it's because you have a daughter, by thinking of it that Fezim have no taste for women at all, he could have find a sexiest woman the body of this one, and believe me I looked very close, his not that beautiful. He is a desperate man to have choose her. he said all of this enough loud that everybody in the cave could heard him.
    Last edited by calijames; 2008-04-16 at 09:36 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286

Fezim Aulm - Witness Wis 5

Fezim listened to the man on the ground with amusement at first, but his smirk soon turned into a frown, and then into a scowl. "Desperate?! You visibly have taste only for what is barbaric and unrefined! Jessana is a beautiful woman - in fact, even that two-month-pregnant belly sits well with her!"

He'd acted impulsively, and fell silent the moment he realised he'd just warned everyone about his presence in the cave. Well... might as well say it all, hm? "As for desperation, you're the one on the ground here, and I doubt you'll live very long. Even if he doesn't kill you, there is no way you'll escape. Jessana..." He sighed, stopped himself. After this, Celdur would probably never allow him around anymore.

Fezim clutched his cocktail tightly, and moved out of the cave, staying around the entrance.
    Last edited by Annalia; 2008-04-16 at 06:43 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287

Jessana Windrider - Do Pity Her...

Fezim's voice was followed by the loud bang of armour clanging on the stone. Jessana had dropped the plate she was about to strap on herself, and colour had drained from her face and her hands were shaking in outrage. She had trouble staying focused, but she nonetheless once again called to Heironeous. The damn mage was invisible, for sure, but she would find him anyway.

From up close, Celdur could see her eyes shine softly as Jessana scanned the room. Her eyes stopped on a figure, which to her now shone a bright red, and she flushed in anger. "Hurry!" She asked Celdur, voice steeled in an almost order-giving tone. She bent, picked the plate she'd dropped, and continued armouring herself with a furious determination.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen - Why do mom and dad keep fighting...

Celdur cursed under his breath at the sound of Fezim's voice. Bloody idiot couldn't keep his mouth shut. Now Jessana would be enraged and senselessly continue her pursuit of 'justice'. Being this close to him would just throw fuel on the fire for weeks to come.

Celdur sighed as he fixed another piece of her armour in place. Fezim would be getting an earful once this entire thing was over.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

So you didn't flee, you know you could have survive, you really more idiot than you look Fezim Aulm. I'll take care of Jack first and then it's your turn
    he prepare the final blown of Jack

So you are here Fezim Aulm wonderful ! You don't know the women of all over the world, there is some women in the east, with a brown skin that can dance for you and make all your desire come true, there is woman in the south that are so pure, that their look like virgins. And all those women are less savages than her, Oh and by the way Jessena do you know what's the nickname of your father ? "The finger of dea..." at the moment he said that word the finger of James shine with a green aura and
    Jack stop breathing.

20. - Top - End - #290

Fezim Aulm - Not going to Fight in front of Everyone

When Jack answered him, Fezim simply stopped walking away and turned back. Less savage, eh? He smirked widely, though no one could see. Truly, you do not understand. That has always been part of her charm.

Still invisible - although Jessana could trail his every movements - Fezim left the cave and about thirty feet out of its opening, slightly to the side to be out of view.

Jessana Windrider - Pissed. At Everything.

"By the Righteous Hand, take that wall down! You want to consider Jack your fight? Fine! But this is mine, and you refused to take part of it months ago! Lower the wall!" With Celdur's help, she would soon have finished strapping the armour on, and visibly did not mean to loose a second more than necessary.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen - The Voice of Reason

"Calm yourself, Jessana - that fury isn't going to do you any good, concentration or conviction wise. Only with a clear head can one truly judge, and pursue justice." Celdur advised as he slid one of her greaves onto her shoulder.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292

Jessana Windrider - Still Pissed... But?

Jessana looked at Celdur, frowning. "You.. you don't realise." She started, her voice quivering, jaw set in anger. Celdur could feel her shaking, and could tell that her most recent experience was taking its toll. As much as she tried to stay straight and strong, she hadn't recovered much from Jack's tortures. "He's here. This is my chance to finish this once and for all."

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

Ok, but when you're goddess abandon you for killing an innocent man, remember that I can still teach you and the kid how to use magic he had a little smirk on his face. Avada Kedavra a green light hit the invisible wall in the direction of Jessena, the wall broke and fell Oh and one more thing this can help you he took and old ring from his finger (look like is wedding ring), and give it to Jessena This was the wedding ring of your mother don't ask how did I have it, just take it , it may help you to not get caught again.

Spoiler
    Show
    ring of protection +4

24. - Top - End - #294

Jessana Windrider

Jessana scoffed at her father. "My God will not abandon me, as he is no innocent." She retorted. "Shows how much interest you had for me that you cannot even tell Heironeous is always depicted as a man."

She could barely hold in place as Celdur finished strapping the last piece of armour, yet she didn't sprint off as soon as he was done. She took a deep breath, squeezed Celdur's forearm in an almost fraternal manner, and then walked off. When she was offered the wedding ring, she scowled. "She should've been buried with this." she remarked instantly, before picking it up. "But I'll take the gift, if only because I cannot stand the idea of you carrying it aany longer."

With these last words, she headed towards the cave's opening.

Spoiler
    Show
    Paused to allow Celdur to react, if desired!

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen - Man, Grandpa, you suck!

Celdur watched the exchange between the two somewhat awkwardly - everyone in the near vicinity of this cave was related to him in some way and none of them were any the wiser. However, Jessana's gripping of his arm made him pause - even if it was intended to be brotherly, it was the closest thing he'd gotten to emotion from his mother, in this world or the last. He resisted the urge to sigh, and merely watched as the two exchanged words. He set eyes on the older man for a moment, dedicating this man's image to his memory - his grandfather had long been dead in the reality he'd come to recognise as his own. Shaking his head at his grandfather, he followed after Jessana.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Orc in the Playground

James looked at Celdur and suddendly the visage of the father of his ex-wife
    You know young man you look a lot like the father of my ex-wife are you a member not known of our great family. he said this phrase with a lot of sarcasm .

27. - Top - End - #297

Fezim Aulm VS Jessana Windrider

Thick mane flying behind her as she stormed out of the cavern, holy longsword in hand. Her eyes still shone slightly, and it took her only a split second to spot the waiting, unaware Enchanter. The red-ish form had winced upon seeing her exit the cavern, but he was now completely still. She scanned passed him, giving time for her magical sight to locate him correctly, before suddenly charging him.

The red form vanished as she dropped her focused, concentrating instead on her strike. She knew where he was. Heironeous would guide her strike. He would deal Fezim his rightful retribution.

Fezim Aulm - Too Young to Die?

One moment, Fezim was thanking the cosmos as Jessana scanned the area, looking past him. The last thing he wanted was another fight, especially with her. He was in enough trouble as things stood without adding to it, and so he remained as still as possible, barely breathing, waiting for her to conclude there was no way she'd find him...

The next moment, Jessana had sprinted straight towards him, eyes fixed on a space that should've been empty to her. He let out a surprised cry and immediately attempted to jump back, to get out of the sword's slash reach. His right foot encountered a small rock, and Fezim found himself slipping.

Except he never reached the ground. Pain flared through his entire body as Jessana successfully ran a sword through him, sticking the blade between two ribs and straight into a lung. Holy energy was running down and up his body, destroying brain and muscles simultaneously. He had to... had to do something. "Aah.." That had been more a gasp of pain than any real word. Try again, Fezim. "I.. I w-would've.. surrendered. T-t-to you.. Or.." He was interrupted by a spasm of pain, but forced a smile afterwards. "C-Celdur. S-s-sor-" He'd tried to reach for Jessana's hand, but never made it - nor did he finish his sentence. His own delicate - and bloodied - fingers had only moved a few inches when he blacked out, and began sliding down the blade.

As Fezim's uncounscious body hit the ground, Jessana remained standing in dazed stupor, blood dripping slowly from her sword tip.

Spoiler
    Show
    I am having So. Much. Fun. Well, seems like Celdur has exactly 6 seconds to heal Fezim (or forcefeed him a healing potion) or he's dead meat.
    Rolls! Well, they're all on Coyotecode, but I lost the link... and search doesn't seem to work just now. Miss Chance was 61, passed. I hit AC 39, Smited him, and dealt a bunch of damage. Which left dear Fezim at... -9. Pretty awesome, eh?
    Last edited by Annalia; 2008-04-18 at 03:54 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

At the moment Fezim touch the ground a young man run into Jessena and by A potion of cure light wound heal him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fezim is healed by 6 points

29. - Top - End - #299

Jessana Windrider

The moment the young boy shoved past Jessana, she reflexively reacted. Her arm sprang forward, grabbing the back of his collar and stopping him dead on. She took one step to the left, easily lifted him off ground and slammed him on the nearby mountainside rather hardly. "What exactly do you think you're doing?" She asked, her voice almost a growl. She didn't even spare a glance backward, focusing on the boy entirely.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur Hanicen - Daddy! Nooooooo!

Celdur had already sprinted into action, having been momentarily stunned with horror at the appauling sight - Jessana's longsword having pierced Fezim's torso with little or no resistance. As she spun away from him, boy slamming into the wall, Celdur lay his hands upon his father, calling Pelor to his aid.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Lay On Hands - 15 HP recovered!
    Spoiler
    Show