New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Travels Through Time: The Wizard and the Paladin IC

Part of Fezim Aulm

Fezim saw strange aura coming out from the scroll 10 enchatements, 3 evocation, 2 transumation, 5 abjurations. on the other side of the room, there is shining aura but you distinguish which type of aura it is , surely universal one.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fezim Aulm

Ignoring the bright aura on the other side of the room, Fezim picks each scroll case up one by one, weighting them. He then compared the weight to the empty case he'd already opened, figuring that if any of them had something else than gas inside, it'd be heavier. If this gives any result, he will keep the scroll with him and then move on.

The universal aura was quite interesting. It was clearly visible, and certainly didn't come from a scroll case. Ooh, novelty! He moved carefully through the room, firmly on the opinion that if he could avoid triggering any other trap, he'd be better off.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Part of Fezim Aulm

Suddenly, in the shadow of Fezim a man appear and hit him hard on the back of the head, he lost consciousness. He wake up tied on a chair from feet to hand

Soooooo, you woke up. said the man with a big smiled

4. - Top - End - #94

Fezim Aulm

Trying hard to ignore the numbing, distracting pain shooting forth from the back of his head, Fezim tested his bonds weakly. He had no intention of trying to break out just yet, but it was better to know what he was up against.

That done, he smirked at the tall man. "It would appear so, my friend. Those were quite unnecessary, I assure you. I mean you no harm."

Spoiler
    Show
    Thus begins the diplomacy checks. Diplomacy: 1d20+12=24!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Orc in the Playground

Part of Fezim Aulm

I can't really trust you sir because you break into my house, you destroyed some of my furniture, you destroyed all of my precious trap and you steal some of my precious scroll. Anyway if you try something Gullivert here gonna to cut your pretty face at the moment he said "Gullivert" a little kid appear with a big knife and in a big smiled on the face.

6. - Top - End - #96

Fezim Aulm

"While I am quite glad you find it pretty, I'm sure it will not come down to that." Fezim replied calmly, a smile still etched on his face. "I am terribly sorry about your chairs and table - and find it just as distasteful as you do. There should be seven gold in my pouch - twice that amount is enough to buy you a normal-sized, and it will be more than you need to replace them. "As for the traps... That's what they're here for, no?"

"All that put aside, I quite understand why you have me tied - I personally would not have done it any other way." Fezim nodded wisely before going on. "Now, I only came here for one thing: those holy symbols you stole. I don't know if you realise this, but they will bring you more trouble than money. Paladins and clerics are deeply attached to them; it's their close link to their personal deity."

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

Part of Fezim Aulm

You look quite honest, Gullivert free him, for the derangement I'm gonna give you whatever you want I have lots of scroll as you could see but I keep the 7 GP for the table

Gullivert take the knife and cut the ropes.

8. - Top - End - #98

Fezim Aulm

Fezim stands slowly, hardly believing his good fortune. He rubbed his wrists, smiling wildly at the two thieves. "It was a pleasure dealing with you, friends, and it would seem unfair to leave with an item worth more than what I gave back. I'll leave you be - and wish you good fortune."

Fezim waited to be given back his equipment and the symbols before swiftly walking out of the hideout. Though every step made pain shoot through his head, he made sure to keep them sure and solid. Unsure where he'd next find Celdur, he decided to go back to the tavern he'd first found him in.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Orc in the Playground

Part of Fezim Aulm

Here is you equipement, and this is a master key of my house, you understand I have to leave I have enough money to buy an another one so bye see you later

The two guy disappear. Fezim is alone in the house with the master key.

10. - Top - End - #100

Fezim Aulm

"Err... thanks, I guess." Fezim muttered, before looking around the place. Well... if they're gone. A wide smile appearing on his face, he made sure to explore the wine cave, picking out the two best bottles, before leaving.

Needless to say, he was humming lightly on his way back.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Lady - you are not above the law of this city, and the law has decreed these women are to be allowed to recover from their ordeal without being reminded it happened at all. As a follower of the lawbringer, I suspect you will respect that decision. Otherwise, you will be no better than Aulm - despite your claims and motives."
    Spoiler
    Show
    Master Yoda - 99% (Wow. Talk about similarities. )

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

12. - Top - End - #102

"I will not fall down to the likes of him." Jessana spits out, straightening her back. "Very well, the women may be left alone. Don't tell me, however, that the guard who saw Aulm left is under similar restrictions."

13. - Top - End - #103
    Dwarf in the Playground

"No, he's not. But being a guard, he generally sees a lot of people coming and going, so don't be surprised if he's seen a few people matching your description within the last few days." Celdur added with a dismissive wave.

"If you have no further use of my enquiries, then I suggest you go to your guard. Every second you waste here, Aulm speeds further away."
    Spoiler
    Show

Brilliant Avatar - and alternative version of said avatar - of my Drow, Orthae D'Nilok, by The Stoney one.

14. - Top - End - #104

"Yes, yes. I will find that guard - Northern gate, wasn't it?" She seems about to take off, but suddenly turns around. "Say, you seem to know the law-related ongoings here. Any chance you have heard of thieves dealing also in holy symbols?"

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

"That we have. We're still dealing with the case right now." Celdur assured her. "If you're missing yours, come and find me later and I will inform you of our progress with the matter. But yes - the north gate is where the guard you seek is."
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106

"I am, yes." She answered, looking somewhat troubled. Obviously, her current train of thoughts was not an enjoyable one. "Unfortunately, I can't stay around. If you find mind, please keep it safe - it used to belong to my grandfather. I will come back for it later... once this business is done."

17. - Top - End - #107
    Dwarf in the Playground

"You have my word. My own has gone missing also, so I can sympathise with your grief." Celdur replied, bowing in farewell.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

Jessana Windrider

She nodded, giving a slight bow in return, before whirling around and departing. The large mass of rich brown hair was for some time easy to follow through the crowd, but it eventually was drowned among other citizens, many heading for the Northern Gate.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Dwarf in the Playground

With that, Celdur breathed slightly easy. If Fezim wasn't here, he wasn't near Jessana. Instead, Celdur decided to return to the Inn he'd been staying in prior, figuring Fezim would likely find him there if he ever came back to plead his case.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Orc in the Playground

When Fezim get out from the house a guard waited from him.
    hello sir I'm here to insure your security, you are now a celebrity.

behind the guard there were a foul of people waiting and screaming

FEZIM, FEZIM, FEZIM
    Last edited by calijames; 2008-02-01 at 01:00 PM.

21. - Top - End - #111

Fezim Aulm

Fezim's first reaction at seeing the guard was to frown slightly - a reaction he quickly replaced by a charming smile. "A... celebrity, you said? What is worth me the honour?" At first he tried to ignore the chanting, cheering crowd in order to better hear the guard (his hit-induced headache had not entirely vanished yet), but eventually he couldn't help but turn slightly towards them and wave in salute.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Orc in the Playground

The guard respond
    You get out from this house alive so that mean there will have no more dead people and no more object dissapearing. you are hero now, the mayor want to talk to you so if you please

the guard showed the way to Fezim.

23. - Top - End - #113

Fezim Aulm

"Ah, the mayor? I will be more than pleased to meet him, good sir." Fezim answered, a wide grin on his face. A hero, eh? That will be such a nice surprise for Jessana when she searches this town. Still, he had better things to do than talk with the mayor at the moment.

He turned to the gathered crowd, a plan slowly forming in his mind. "Before we head towards the mayor's townhouse, however, I feel it my duty to give these brave folks an account of the events." He pauses for a moment, allowing the guard to factor in this idea before advancing an even better one. "In fact! I could create such a perfect illusion of the events than you'd experience them as if you were there yourselves!" He'd declared the second sentence loudly, counting on the crowd's reaction - which would no doubt be a cheer - to pressure the guard into letting him.
    Last edited by Annalia; 2008-02-01 at 06:00 PM.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

The guard looks at Fezim and say
    As you please sir but don't try anything funny, there is guard everywhere looking at you, who are ready to shoot you whenever you make suspicious move. I receive the order to treat you like a hero but a paladin told me that you are an escape rapist and that I had to watch every move you do.
    Last edited by calijames; 2008-02-02 at 04:47 PM.

25. - Top - End - #115

Fezim Aulm

"A paladin, you say?" Fezim repeated with a raised eyebrow. He reflexively scanned the crowd for a mane of thick brown hair, but his mind told him immediately that if Jessana had been there, he would not be standing idly chatting with the guard. "Interesting theory, she has. A paladin." The last sentence had been added in a very doubtful manner, as if he doubted it was true.

He was surprised to find Jessana so close, but he his most recent encounters with Celdur had forced him to stay longer in cities than he intended to. Still, it was an enjoyable turn of events. "Well, folks, watch carefully as you discover the Mysteries of the Cursed House!" Aah, so sad I have to disappoint them all. Oh well, they can always enter that shack themselves. Slowly at first, as if he was building up power to conjure up the wonderful images, Fezim began casting. The pace quickened, his arms tracing sharp symbols around him, but no illusion ever appeared. In fact, Fezim simply vanished from view.

He reappeared in a small alleyway, behind the inn he'd met Celdur in. If it is deserted, he cast another spell and modified his appearance - his hair became straight and brown, his skin tanned slightly and his nose became far more proeminent. The robes tightened until they became pants and shirt, turning into a more dull grey and brown colour. Only Fezim's eyes remained the same.

Satisfied, he walked in the cozy inn and headed into the common room.
    Last edited by Annalia; 2008-02-03 at 07:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

Spoiler
    Show
    With calijames half-agreement, we shall go on!

Fezim Aulm

As soon as the enchanter spotted Celdur in the crowd, he walked up to him and sat down next. Here comes the hard part. Trying to appear nonchalant, he nonetheless felt awkward in the disguise spell. His hands looked rougher - more like those of a fighter than a wizard. Keeping back a sigh, he began talking. "Celdur."

He drummed the table somewhat nervously, but the smile on his face was the usual, confident smirk. "I apologise for the disguise, but I'm afraid it is quite necessary." Taking two symbols out - one Celdur was quite familiar with, the other embossed with Heironeous' symbol - and slid them across the table. "Yours, and your mother's."
    Last edited by Annalia; 2008-02-03 at 07:43 PM.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Celdur took them without too much worry.

"Been impressing the locals, I see."
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #118

Fezim Aulm

"Fleeing, you mean." He replied almost immediately. "I had no idea the house had such a reputation. Now I am forced to walk into someone's else guise."

He shook is head. "Celdur... Jessana is in town. She will want her symbol back, no doubt."

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Oh, I know. I ran into her and sent her to the north gate to throw her off - told her you'd left town. Perhaps you should get out of town, since words of your exploits might reach her."
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #120

Fezim Aulm

Fezim licked his lips, sighing. "She knows already, and as such I do not expect her to leave anytime soon. She must have caught wind of it before she left." He sounded somewhat exhausted, and after a moment he scolded visibly.