New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Barbarian in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Default Re: IC - Lost Mines of Phandelver

Dremon heads around the wolves, cautiously making his way deeper into the cave.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

The dragonborn chuckles approvingly. "After you, Sir Brodivir," he submits in a hushed, cordial tone.
    “Rule is what lies between what is said and what is understood.”
    ~Raja Rudatha, the Spider Prince
    Golem Arcana

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Tharandiir al'Iriden, Knight of Myth Drannor
    AC: 17 | HP: 11 | CURRENT: 11 | HIT DIE: 1d10 | CURRENT: 1d10
    PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 12 | PASSIVE INSIGHT: 10 | INSPIRATION: None.
    ACTIVE EFFECTS: None.
    CONDITIONS: None.

Tharandiir stepped towards his ward, shielding her from the distracted wolves, "Quickly my lady," he whispered as he took up the rear. He feared that should they be discovered one of the goblin defenders would release the hounds which would then stalk them through the caverns and attack from behind.

4. - Top - End - #154

MonkGuy

Cragmaw Hideout

You step around the wolves who, presently do not seem to be interested in you as they are still focused on the rest of the rations that Dremon had given them. The opening in the east wall leads to a natural chimney that seems to climb 30 feet or so. At the base of the fissure is garbage and scraps that have been discarded through the opening above.
    Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy therefore I am not crazy, isn't that crazy?

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

"So where now? Up the chimey, I suppose?" the young elf said, having skirted past the wolves with all due caution. Never mind the teeth, the mangy creatures probably had fleas.
    And the far stars cried, and the planets yearned;
    But no man may know, for she'll ne'er return.

6. - Top - End - #156

As flickering torchlight augments the steady glow of the cleric's cantrip, Torinn eyes the hollow shape of the narrow passage rising before them.

"Someone sneaky and good at climbing should go first and secure a rope, perhaps?" he suggests, ponderously, as if nobody specific has come to mind just yet.
    Golem Arcana

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Tharandiir al'Iriden, Knight of Myth Drannor
    AC: 17 | HP: 11 | CURRENT: 11 | HIT DIE: 1d10 | CURRENT: 1d10
    PASSIVE PERCEPTION: 12 | PASSIVE INSIGHT: 10 | INSPIRATION: None.
    ACTIVE EFFECTS: None.
    CONDITIONS: None.

Tharandiir's nose wrinkled due to the stench of goblin refuse, "Very well," he spoke quietly, "I can attempt to ascend the chimney, however, given it's use," he looked with disdain at the waste that they had to tread through, "the walls may well be slick. Perhaps a boost and once I make the ascent I can drop a rope down behind me."

Spoiler: Out of Character Actions
    Show
    OOC: I'll assume someone can boost me for Advantage, so my Athletics check, (2d20)[4][11](15)+2=13, and once on top, a Stealth check to remain quiet (1d20+4)[8]. Not great
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2021-04-11 at 08:08 AM.

8. - Top - End - #158

MonkGuy

Cragmaw Hideout

Due to the loose dirt and debris, it is slow goings for Tharandiir, but with a helpful boost and a little time, you all watch as he shimmies his way up the fissure until eventually he gets to the top. Behind you, the wolves seem to be almost done with the rations Dremon had given them.

Spoiler: Tharandiir
    Show
    As you reach the top of the fissure you can see into the room that is casting light through the hole. Sacks and crates of looted provisions are piled up in the south end of this large cave. An opening leads north down a set of natural stone steps, the roar of falling water echoing from beyond. In the middle of the cavern, the coals of a large fire smolder and illuminate the forms of 2 goblins, a large wolf, and a bugbear who is feasting on what appears to be the cooked leg of some bird. None of the habitants of this room seem to have noticed you peeking your head up from the hole in the ground.
    Crazy people don't know they're crazy. I know I'm crazy therefore I am not crazy, isn't that crazy?

9. - Top - End - #159

Torinn watches the Elf ascend, partially admiring his dexterity, but soon grows bored of staring at his skinny hind end. The rattling of chains is a welcome distraction, and he turns to face the wolves.

"Poor pups, look how underfed you are." He holds the torch defensively; his axe hand weighs with compassion, but he steps between the beasts and the others, as his tone softens. "Easy..."

He squats a bit, then says over his shoulder, "would one of you fetch the last of my cured goat flank? Should be near the top of my pack. As the holy man demonstrated, it is better to forfeit a meal than to become one, eh?"
    Golem Arcana