New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Carrion Crown [IC]

"Go ahead and do it - I think we're alright. If we find a corpse, replace the cover and I will take the blame back at the chapel," responds Kristoph as he continues to look around, also distrustful of the false tomb...

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Dragoslav Cutov
    Human Gravedigger Investigator
    AC: 16 HP: 10/10
    touch: 12 ff: 14 CMD: 16
    Conditions: -

Drago nods, but sighs a bit internally. He was strong enough to lift the lid on his own, he could almost carry the sarcophagus out by himself. But if the thing triggered a trap, he did not want to be the guy that dropped someone's coffin lid onto the floor, breaking it. Regardless, he put the shovel to the side and his lantern onto the floor, so the grave was put into an ominous light as the flame only lit the ceiling, leaving a huge shadow to raise the lid. You guys again wonder how a human can see so precisely in the dark.

The lid is pulled aside a bit, with the typical hollow grind of stone on stone, and it reveals...

Spoiler
    Show
    cue the dm.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Barbarian in the Playground

While Nezumi peers inside the urn, which vaguely smells of incense or perfume long gone, Drago opens the sarcophagus, bracing himself for some kind of trap. The lid slides to the side, and...

nothing.

Well, nothing deadly at least. Inside the sarcophagus however, looks to be everything. Arrows, some silver, others weirdly translucent; vials of water with the holy symbol of Pharasma on the front; potions with a light blue coloration, others faintly green, several rolled up scrolls, and a dark wooden case with an image of a scarab with a single eye glaring from its back—the same design that appears on the cover of the professor's locked book. With no apparent danger from the false sarcophagus, the rest of the party timidly gathers around to examine its contents.

Spoiler: Examining the Contents. Once someone has I.D.'d an item or cast detect magic, everyone is welcome to look at the result
    Show

Spoiler: Detect Magic
    Show

The first round shocks you with the sheer number of magical auras inside the sarcophagus, but on the second round you're able to distinguish 29 magical auras, the strongest of which is emanating from something inside the box that has an aura of moderate strength.

On the third round, you're able to locate each aura:
    Spoiler: Auras
    Show

Spoiler: 6 vials with holy symbol of Pharasma: Faint (DC 18 Spellcraft)
    Show
    6 vials of Holy Water

Spoiler: 5 light blue potions: Faint (DC 18 Spellcraft)
    Show
    These are each potions of Cure Light Wounds

Spoiler: 2 faint green potions: Faint (DC 20 Spellcraft)
    Show
    These are both potions of Lesser Restoration

Spoiler: Scrolls: Faint
    Show
    Each of the 4 scrolls is magical, two identically so. See "Read Scroll" spoilers.

Spoiler: 5 Arrows: Faint (DC 20 Spellcraft)
    Show
    5 Ghost Touch Arrows (Note that while they do have a +1 enhancement bonus to attack rolls due to them being masterwork, they do not grant a +1 to damage since we are using automatic bonus progression)

Spoiler: 2 Arrows: Faint (DC 20 Spellcraft)
    Show
    2 Undead Bane Arrows (Note that while they do have a +1 enhancement bonus to attack rolls due to them being masterwork, they do not grant a +1 to damage since we are using automatic bonus progression)

Spoiler: 5 more auras inside the box
    Show
    Inside, the box is set with padded velvet, and set into it are several objects. First, 4 iron and glass vials containing tiny churning clouds of vapor, along with 6 empty spots for more of the vials. Second, a solid brass planchette, and a fine wooden board marked with each letter of the Taldan (common) script. Each of the vials and the planchette detects as magical:
    Spoiler: 4 vials: Faint (DC 18 Spellcraft)
    Show
    These 4 vials are each Haunt Siphons

Spoiler: Planchette: Moderate (DC 24 Spellcraft)
    Show

Spoiler: Appraise box (DC 12)
    Show
    The dark wooden case is made of Darkwood and is worth 50gp.

Spoiler: Open the box
    Show
    Inside, the box is set with padded velvet, and set into it are several objects. First, 4 iron and glass vials containing tiny churning clouds of vapor, along with 6 empty spots for more of the vials. Second, a solid brass planchette, and a fine wooden board marked with each letter of the Taldan (common) script. See Detect Magic spoiler for more details.

Spoiler: Appraise arrows DC 10
    Show
    22 of the arrows appear to have silver heads, but they are not magical.

Spoiler: Identify vials with holy symbol of Pharasma DC 10 K. Religion
    Show
    6 vials of Holy Water

Spoiler: Identify the 5 light blue potions with Alchemy DC 16
    Show
    These are each potions of Cure Light Wounds

Spoiler: Identify the 2 faint green potions with Alchemy DC 18
    Show
    These are both potions of Lesser Restoration

Spoiler: Read Scroll #1 DC 21 Spellcraft or Read Magic
    Show
    This is a scroll of Detect Undead

Spoiler: Read Scrolls #2-3 DC 21 Spellcraft or Read Magic
    Show
    These are both scrolls of Hide from Undead

Spoiler: Read Scroll #4 DC 21 Spellcraft or Read Magic
    Show
    This is a scroll of Protection from Evil

In every case that you try to identify a magical item with Spellcraft, you may also attempt a K. Arcana check to find out the school of magic. It won't give you as much information, but the DC tends to be a little lower.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

As Drago places his heavy hands on the lid, Elian mutters a brief incantation. Opening his eyes once more, a faint silver sheen seems to have slid in place over his pupils. Unbidden, he hisses in surprise and discomfort for a moment, his eyebrows furrowed in focus and determination. Almost before it's obvious that nothing immediately dangerous is happening he steps forward. "Stars above, this is a great boon. Old friend, it seems we're still in your debt..."

Now standing over the empty (of corpses) sarcophagus, Elian looks on the cache. "So many auras... almost... Ah, almost too many to keep track of..." Seemingly in a daze, thanks to the effort of maintaining the spell, he begins to root through the carefully stacked contents.

"These are fairly straightforward," he begins, setting aside the clear vials with the delicacy that one typically reserves for fine china or explosives. "Six vials of holy water, no doubt blessed by Pharasma's faithful." He gestures to the light blue jars. "Standard curative draughts. I recommend we each take one."

He turns tot he dark green vials, frowning in thought. "I... I know I've seen these. I know this... They're... damnit, I can't piece it together. I'm gonna kick myself later, though."

He lifts the arrows, placing them by the holy water. "I... I'm still bothered over those vials," the man admits with chagrin. "It's distracting me. But it doesn't take an archmage to figure- magic arrows are for hurting... something.... even better, yeah?"

Almost lovingly, Elian opens the dark box, and gasps again. "Oh my, that's. Wow. This is a great boon, indeed. With this planchette, we can commune with the spirits who have gone before us. If this place is really, truly haunted, ahhh, it could be both beneficial and dangerous..."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Dragoslav Cutov

The alchemist nods and takes the green draughts. It was a bit embarassing to him he did not catch the healing potions but he points at the vials in order.

Holy Water.
    Healing and restoring potions.

The scrolls however elude me.
    he adds after a bit of thought. Hardor? These should pose no challenge for a mage. He passes the scriptures to the wizard.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

At the sound of his name, Hardor seems to come to himself again, a load of stress almost literally draining from his face. muttering a word in Draconic, a silver film similar to Elian's overtakes his eyes as he takes the scrolls from Drago.

As he begins to peruse them, he comments, chagrined "I actually didn't prepare for reading scrolls today, since I feared a more dangerous situation than this one. However, I can tell you that these two both work as a sort of arcane camouflage against the senses of the undead."

After stowing them safely in his pack for further study, the mage joins Elian in earnest in examining the contents of the sarcophagus. Picking up the green potions Elian set aside, he says, "Ah. Lesser restorative potions, useful for minor curses and poisons." After taking one of the healing draughts, he turns to the arrows. "Hmmm. I can't make out what these five are, but these last two... they seem to be enchanted against the undead, and would be especially effective against them. The remainder seem simply to have silver heads."

As Elian opens the box with a gasp, Hardor joins him in examining it. He is able to decipher the use of the vials, which he calls haunt siphons, used to trap the necromantic energy that powers the occult entities. Hardor's companions can clearly see through all of this how much more comfortable he seems rummaging through scrolls and potions than delving the dungeon depths.

7. - Top - End - #127

Stealth 1 - (1d20+10)[23]
    Stealth 2 - (1d20+10)[19]

Nezumi Perception - (1d20+5)[16]
    Hardor Perception - (1d20+2)[6]
    Drago Perception - (1d20+7)[14]
    Elian Perception - (1d20+7)[10]
    Kristoph Perception - (1d20+1)[6]

As the party joyfully examines the tools the late professor guided them to, the false crypt finally reveals it's denizens. From out of the empty alcoves of the upper room slither 2 mani-legged insects the size of a man, slipping in through the narrow crevices in the stone. Hearing the party's examinations below, and finding themselves rather hungry after a disappointing hunt, they stealthily slip down the stairs, intent on making lunch of Kristoph before you finish your examinations.

Insect Initiative - (1d20+2)[3]

Both attack Kristoph in the surprise round:
    Bite - (1d20+2)[16]
    [roll=Damage]1d6-1[/roll
    Bite - (1d20+2)[15]
    Damage - (1d6-1)[0]
    Spoiler: If either attack hits
    Show
    Make a fortitude save for each successful hit.

Those who beat either of the insect's stealth checks may act in the surprise round. Don't worry if you're low in the initiative, we'll resolve any discrepancies when the round is over.

Skill Prompts:
    Spoiler: BUGS! K. Nature DC 11
    Show

These two are giant centipedes (vermin). They tend to be skittish, but they are carnivorous.
    Spoiler: Beat the DC by 5
    Show
    Their bite carries an immobilizing venom.

Spoiler: Beat the DC by 10
    Show
    Their best save is Fortitude, and their best stat is Dexterity

8. - Top - End - #128

Damage reroll:

(1d6-1)[3]

9. - Top - End - #129

Sorry for the triple post

Looks like I'll be able to put the map in the IC after all.

Initiatives:
    Nezumi - (1d20+4)[11]
    Hardor - (1d20+4)[15]
    Drago - (1d20+1)[20]
    Elian - (1d20+3)[6]
    Kristoph - (1d20+3)[17]

Link to Map

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Dragoslav Cutov

Drago quickly turns around picking up his shovel and tries to shoo the beasts away. It seems he has gained a somewhat precise understanding of how a shovel can be used in combat, as his swings rival those of sword fighters. If asked, he would admit his massive frame and strength was a considerable factor too.

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+6)[15]
    (1d8+6)[13]

11. - Top - End - #131
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Nezumi Taylor
    Nezumi was disapointed that their wasn't anything hidden in the urn. He turns around as the others start listing off what sound like a veritable trove of equipment when he suddenly hears someone curse something. Looking around it looks like some large bugs had decided to drop in "Crawlers!" He pulls both of his blades a short sword and dagger out and prepares to rush over.
    Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move and Standard action to draw blades.
    end turn
    Ooc:yeah I don't have much to do this round

12. - Top - End - #132

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Round 1, Kristoph's Status
    Show
    Kristoph Harrisson
    Male Lawful Good Half-Elf Paladin 1, Level 1, Init 3, HP 10/13, Speed 30 ft. Base
    AC 16, Touch 11, Flat-footed 15, CMD 14, Fort 4, Ref 1, Will 2, CMB +3, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Longsword (N/A) +3 (1d8+2, 19-20/x2)
    Studded Leather, Heavy Steel Shield (+3 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex)
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 13, Con 14, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 18
    Condition Smite Evil (0/1 Used)

"Ow! Look out, everyone!" cries Kristoph as he hops to the side, draws his sword, and slashes at the centipede that bit him. "Filthy scavengers! That hurt!"

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Fortitude Save - (1d20+4)[24] (auto-pass from the natural 20)

5-ft step out of the middle of the room
    Move action to draw longsword
    Standard to attack the centipede that bit him: (1d20+3)[19] to hit, (1d20+3)[4] (19-20/x2), (1d8+2)[3] slashing damage, (1d8+2)[5] critical strike damage (probably a hit, not a critical)

13. - Top - End - #133
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Not able to suppress a slight yell at spinning around to see the man-sized creatures, Hardor reacts almost instinctively, following his first yell with a second, calling forth a translucent bolt of energy that smashes into the bug closer to him.

Spoiler: Magic Missile
    Show

(1d4+1)[4]

14. - Top - End - #134
    Titan in the Playground

A little slow on the uptake, Elian eventually realizes the party is in danger despite his awe at the spirit planchette. For better or worse, he's in the thick of it, and draws his sword cane to make use of it. A little uneasily, he lunges with the thin blade, hoping to help Kristoph handle the attack.

Spoiler: Elian, round 1
    Show
    Elian Evenstar
    M NG Dhampir Mesmerist 1 (Spirit Walker), Level 1, Init 3, HP 9/9, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 13, Flat-footed 13, CMD 12, Fort 1, Ref 5, Will 3, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 0
    Sword Cane +3 (1d6, x2)
    Dagger +3 (1d4, 19-20, x2)
    Sling +3 (1d4, x2)
    Studded leather (+3 Armor, +3 Dex)
    Abilities Str 8, Dex 17, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 12, Cha 19
    Condition None

(1d20+3)[13] sword cane attack
    (1d20+3)[14] CC (23, x2)
    (1d6)[5] damage
    (1d6)[4] crit bonus

15. - Top - End - #135

Drago is the first to respond, wheeling around and braining one of the monsters with his shovel and leaving a clanging noise ringing in the air. Meanwhile, Kristoph recoils away from the bite and brings down his sword on the other insect, though the growing numbness emanating from the bite seems to slow his swing slightly. It rises up, screeching, before a flash of light from a frightened Hardor knocks it over backwards. Both of the creatures grow still, and do not move again besides the occasional twitch from one of their dozens of legs.

End Combat, 80 XP each

16. - Top - End - #136

NecromancerGuy

With a fencer's salute, Kristoph acknowledges Drago's excellent hit. "Well done, everyone. I'm glad no one else was bitten - it hurt, and I think I can feel the tell-tale signs of poison. I'll be alright, I think, but it could have been much uglier," he says, looking at the remains of the centipedes for a moment before turning back to the treasure. "The professor wasn't kidding - this is quite a trove. I think there is plenty here and that we will need it checking out the prison. Let's go thank the clergy - especially Mitch - and get up to the ruins. It's better to explore a place like that during the daylight. We can see how bad it is and then decide when to eat lunch and how far to explore..."

The paladin takes a potion of CLW, a vial of Holy Water, and then looks at the planchette for a moment. "How does it work?" he asks, mostly to Elian, but open to anyone else to answer as well. "The box looks well made, probably worth a good fifty gold coins or so."

Spoiler: OoC and Mechanics
    Show
    Kristoph isn't able to add much, but maybe I can appraise the box: (1d20+1)[12]. Otherwise, I think we are good to go. We don't have to RP thanking the Pharasmans, but Kristoph would do so on the way out of the cemetery to look at the prison ruins.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Elian is as surprised as anyone by the rapid dispatch of the vermin. "I see I was right about you, Drago," he mutters with a smile. Having not even gotten to use the blade, he doesn't bother to clean it before re-sheathing it. "Indeed," Elian replies. "The other Pharasmins will be good friends to have, and horrible enemies to make. I'll gladly go with you to express our gratitude, though they ultimately weren't tremendously involved."

A moment later, he glances back down at the brass device in question with an unreadable expression. "It's ah, simple but complicated," the lithe man responds. "In short, we can use it to ask a question of the spirits that inhabit a place. They.... uh," he smirks with a little hint of danger, "They don't usually like to be forced like that. Sometimes they attack your mind, and sometimes they lie to you, but they almost always answer.... for better or worse."

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

Dragoslav Cutov

It would be pretty ironic for a Pharasman to meet their end in a Boneyard of their Lady, and by the way of creepy crawlies no less. Drago answers Kristoph. He turns to Elian's praise. Lorrimor employed me mainly for my direct approach to trouble. the butch man responds, though you can see him firming his muscles a bit, being proud of the compliment.

His move having sprayed most of the innards of the beetle onto the crypt floor, Drago stands on the bent shovel, trying to bend the iron back into shape. As this is finished, he picks up a centipede, twisting its head off with his fingers. A satisfying - or spine-chilling - pop and crack makes it obvious to the onlisteners that he was successful. The Pharasman gravetender needs to keep a better eye on vermin. They are far more likely to inhabit graves and threaten visitors than undead. he adds with true concern.

He picks the bodies of the creatures up, wanting to tidy up the mess they made. I take these with us. Corpses only attract other vermin again. Mitch will be ever thankful for our generous gifts. Maybe he wants to catch one for riding. Drago smiles softly.

19. - Top - End - #139

NecromancerGuy

Kristoph smiles. "Many Pharasmans lack the...fortitude, shall we say...to enjoy some good-humored ribbing. Mitch seems like he might, though. And you are right about the vermin, though these are unusually large - most graves have their share of worms and such, but they don't usually grow like these did." The paladin shrugs and helps clean the remains a little, though he seems less concerned in the false-tomb.

20. - Top - End - #140

Lizardfolk

Nezumi Taylor
    Nezumi sheathed his blades thankful he had not needed them. He walks back over to the stash of undead slaying weapons giving a whistle "Geez you wern't kidding about this being a mother load." He picks up one of the arrows looking it over and asks "So you heading back to the professor's house now?Or we going to go talk to these Pharasman guys?"

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

"The day is yet young," Elian interjects. He turns to the paladin with a solicitous expression. "If you'd like, Kristoph, we can return to Mister Copperhill first. Else, I suggest we venture to Harrowstone and pick up where the Professor left off."

22. - Top - End - #142
    Titan in the Playground

Dragoslav Cutov

I will carry these body parts out of here. It is just your call if I bother Miss Lorrimor with them. Drago adds, heavily suggesting the Pharasmites. Besides they maybe want to know of a fake crypt and dangerous critters.

23. - Top - End - #143

Midday, 19 Calistril, 4711 AR, Trust: 21

Once the items have been gathered up from the fake sarcophagus, the 5 of you make your way back into the sunlight and out of the resting place of the dead, however fake. Despite some sidelong glances from at first the party and then later some townsfolk, Drago half carries, half drags the remains of the insects with you back to the Pharasmin temple.

The temple is just as beautiful as you left, it with it's white walls and large stained glass artwork towering above you. The acolyte Myra is still on duty when you arrive, and though now wide awake she has to stifle a gag at Drago's grisly prizes. She's all to eager to go and fetch Inquisitor Copperhill.

Mitch is dismissive of the warnings about critters disturbing visitors, remarking that "They're just Gozreh's half-hearted effort at keeping necromancers away from the dead.", but he seems genuinely surprised that you found anything in the crypt. If anyone mentions the planchette however, his expression sours slightly as he tells you that there's rumors flying around town about angry spirits. Half the town seems to have some random story or another, but best Mitch can tell it all got started by some juvenile prank on the Harrowstone memorial in the southern part of town this morning.

In the end, he wishes you luck in whatever purpose you intend to use the tools you found for, and asks that you not bring the centipedes into the town square, as there are often children playing there.

OOC: You're now outside the temple of Pharasma. What do you do next?
    Last edited by NikolaTesla; 2021-03-15 at 02:39 PM.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Elian frowns at Mitch's commentary regarding angry spirits, deeply concerned for both the value and potential danger of the planchette he carries. Back outside the temple, he turns to his companions. "Let's go see what this 'prank' may have been, and then get on with our investigation of the prison proper. Shall we?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Barring objections, I vote we go to the memorial just mentioned to see what happened and then to Harrowstone

25. - Top - End - #145

NecromancerGuy

"I heartily agree - if we have the tools to investigate unruly spirits, and there is anything really happening at the memorial it is probably connected with Harrowstone. Let's go," Kristoph says as he begins walking towards the memorial.

26. - Top - End - #146

After getting directions from Myra, you set out southward. It turns out that the memorial is more or less on the way to the Harrowstone ruins, set on a hill near the east bank of Ravengro Creek. Now that you know where to look, you can see a glint of bronze as you cross the southern bridge. Elian hangs back slightly as the party crosses to the east bank, appreciative of the idyllic scenery shining in the late winter sun, but quickly hurries after the party when he see's that he's being slightly left behind.

It's at that moment that Elian catches glimpse of something strange. Prints in the moist dirt path. That wouldn't be too remarkable, except even as he watches, he sees new one's being made without any being there to make them, as if some invisible thing were making its way towards Harrowstone. But before he can call out, the prints vanish from the road as if they had never been there. It's perhaps with relief to some members of the party then that you next leave the road, making your way past a ramshackle shack and towards the bank of the river where the memorial is located.

Besides the looming ruins of Harrowstone on a nearby hill to the south, the memorial is Ravengro’s most distinctive landmark; a 25-foot-tall, moss-covered bronze-plated statue that overlooks the river. The statue depicts a proud, muscular human man dressed in leathers and wielding a truncheon; likely a depiction of the Warden. A total of 25 names are printed on a plate at the base of the statue— Warden Hawkran, the guards who died in the fire of 4661, as well as the warden’s wife, who if you inspect the plate find to have been named Vesorianna.

A clean up crew is hard at work when you arrive, painstakingly scrubbing off what looks like the aftermath of a bad shonen anime battle splattered all over the beautiful statue. Several faces are familiar; the most grumblesome of the cleaners is none other than Gibs Hephenus, the ringleader of the gang that disrupted the funeral yesterday, apparently pressed into community service as punishment for his misbehavior. Other members of the crew include Pevrin Elkarid (the son of the tavern owner Zokar Elkarid), a Pharasmin acolyte you saw earlier when you first met with Mitch, and a few others. The motley crew is supervised by a dusky eyed woman you don't recognize, but who seems to hold herself with an air of quiet or maybe even sad confidence that you haven't seen in anyone else in town besides Kendra. Even then though, where Kendra obviously takes great pains to be perceived a certain way, it's a much more natural aura to this woman. As you approach, she turns to greet you.

"Greetings, travelers. You must be the the ones Vashian mentioned had come to town for old Lorrimor's funeral. I am Councilwoman Shanda Faravan. Unfortunately, this is an embarrassing moment for outsiders to visit the memorial, even if we do appreciate the interest in our heritage. I'm afraid I must ask you to return on another occasion."

Gibs grumbles audibly at the word "appreciate" from his ladder at the statues hip, but the councilwoman looks up at him and he quiets down.

Spoiler: Gibs Hephenus
    Show

Spoiler: Pevrin Elkarid
    Show

Spoiler: Shanda Faravan
    Show

Skill Prompt for Elian only:
    Spoiler: Survival DC 10 on the tracks
    Show
    They appear to be wagon being drawn by a team of horses.
    Last edited by NikolaTesla; 2021-03-16 at 12:42 AM.

27. - Top - End - #147

NecromancerGuy

Kristoph thanks Myra for the directions and walks purposefully in the direction of the memorial. "Councilwoman Faravan, please excuse us. We had heard that there was some sort of...event...happening this morning and were curious to see it. We meant no rudeness by stumbling upon things...Is everything alright, though? No one is hurt?" asks Kristoph with a concerned expression as he looks at the apparent blood splattered around the scene. "Is there anything we can do to help?"

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Diplomacy (1d20+8)[12]

28. - Top - End - #148

The councilwoman shakes her head. ”Unless one of you is carrying around a bucket of Universal Solvent, I think we’re quite alright. No events to speak of, just an offensive mess, more than likely made by some irresponsible adolescent on a dare from his friends.”

The offended voice of Pevrin calls down from the shoulder of the statue, “I told you ma’am, I didn’t do it! Kuthonites flay me if I did it, but I didn’t! And it wasn’t none of the boys in town neither!”

Shanda sighs, then continues without addressing Pevrin’s protests. ”Despite appearances, no one seems to be hurt, though when we catch the one responsible I hope to rectify that.”

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

Elian finds himself at a loss for words as the party approaches the monument. He's blinking rapidly under brows furrowed in confusion and irritation. Several times, he seems ready to say something, but at the last moment decides otherwise, keeping awkwardly silent as Kristoph returns the councilwoman's greetings.

Finally, he smirks at her thinly veiled threat. "On that front, I believe we all agree. There have certainly been too many offenses and not enough solvent to fix it. Please, feel free to think of us if there is anything at all with which we can help. The professor's final request included looking over Kendra and helping to settle things here in Ravengro, and I promise you we all take the obligation quite seriously. In the meantime, we will of course leave you to your duties."

With a winsome smile, he backs away, ushering his companions likewise. "I suppose that means we're off to Harrowstone?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    1: Diplomacy (1d20+9)[26] to improve her attitude
    2: Shanda is precisely the sort of figure Elian would have historically quasi-preyed upon. Obviously, he's not going to be trying to literally eat her in the context of his half-vampire bit, but he is going to be very interested in ingratiating himself to her by whatever means he can. For simplicity (and to avoid any of the not-good ramifications of such), I plan to avoid literally charming her, but it will be a bit of a stretch of his character.

30. - Top - End - #150

Lizardfolk

Nezumi Taylor
    Nezumi on the way over tells the others how he meet the professor and learns about the groups shenanigans.

Nezumi looks at the monument there were a lot of names the fire must have been big and fast. He wasn't sure how sensitive the topic was with the locals. He decides to ask Kendra " "With all due respect to those loss those names on the monument I'm guess none of the bodies were recovered?"