New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: The Dark Heart Chapter 3

Baba Mona smirks.

Which ones? she asks, rhetorically, before returning to her hut.
    Click the spoiler to see all the great games I design:
    Spoiler
    Show

Who Beats Who? the hilariously geeky game of hypothetical battles.

Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

Matrix Solitaire, likely the best Solitaire game you will ever play.
    Spoiled Flush Games

Twitter... where I talk about game design and beer.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Issian

"When dealing with evil, a helpful hand can quickly turn into a knife in the back. Such is the reason why I do not associate with evil, unless I absolutely have to. When a person is not bound by morals, how can one put faith or trust in him?"
    Hi. I'm Me.

"78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature."
    - Truth be told, the players didn't reach the inn until about 10 minutes into the game.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Andas

Because, maybe, I swore I would? Because I am bound by my previous oath to assist you? Or perhaps because I have negotiated that the powers I channel from Nagumi literally can not harm you?
    He throws his hands in the air in frustration. How can I help if you don't trust me not to kill you simply because my Morals have been corrected from yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by Terraneaux View Post
    Adventurers. Murderous hobos with near-deific power who are both merciless and incredibly competent at personal combat.
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gaurd Juris View Post
    Baba Mona smirks.

Which ones? she asks, rhetorically, before returning to her hut.
    Stimpas

"At this point, whichever listen and help without harm." he says, to the closed hut.

Stimpas looks to Issian. "Issian, Koros and Reo are mighty, yes, but I do not think we should turn down help. We do not know what powers Baba Mona invoked, and if local spirits are more adept at dispelling things such as that, it might be wise to include them." He then looks to Andas. "You did indeed bargain to never harm us, but will you again swear to Issian that your magic will not harm him, specifically to this?"
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Issian

In a modest and honest-sound tone, Issian says:
    "I believe you, Andas, but not Nagumi. I trust you, but not her. I know, that in your heart, you are not a follower of evil. I do know, however, that you have touched Nagumi, and have been tainted by her presence, at least to the eye of the divine. You radiate evil where-ever you go now, and I do not know if it is only your aura which have become tainted.
    You can never trust evil, not even through swears and oaths. If you swear, as Stimpas say, that her magic cannot harm me, I will believe you, for you are my friend until you give me a reason not to think you as one. However, I have seen what the influence of evil can do to a person, and it will be a long while from now, before I start trusting evil."
    Last edited by Xanos; 2007-11-19 at 03:35 PM.
    Hi. I'm Me.

"78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature."
    - Truth be told, the players didn't reach the inn until about 10 minutes into the game.

6. - Top - End - #96

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Andas

He shakes his head, even though he is realizing the gestures are wasted effort before the blind paladin. That's because I am no worshiper of evil Issan. Nor is Nagumi truly evil. She does what she must to survive here. Old morality doesn't apply here. This won't be clean. In any case, I did bargain with Nagumi before she blessed me. Her harmful magics will not affect you, but I will be able to aid. I can not yet channel her magic towards removing curses, but I can restore, and I can lend her strength and my power to Stimpas' casting.
    Adventurers. Murderous hobos with near-deific power who are both merciless and incredibly competent at personal combat.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97
    Barbarian in the Playground

Matthew

Sitting off to the side, Matthew watched the discussion about Issian's eyes, rubbing at his temples, knowing something was different, but not what.

Getting up and walking over to the others, "Sometimes evil does good. Is hiring an assassin to kill a murderer evil?"
    Still here, just a little busy to social post

You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til you understand who's in ruttin' command here. ~ Jayne Cobb

Spoiler
    Show

Avatars by: drKarling, The_Chilli_God and The_Chilli_God

8. - Top - End - #98
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Issian
    Issian reacts to Matthew's voice. "Using an evil method towards a good cause is evil, indeed. I see your point, Andas, and all this arguing will get us no-where. I will rather have results than our party split."
    Hi. I'm Me.

9. - Top - End - #99

Valtar

Silent throughout the various exchanges, Valtar takes tally of the things the crone took. Issian's glow.. and his eyes, blood from Andas, my taste of salt and sugar... such odd things to collect.

Knowing little to none of arcane matters, Valtar dismisses the train of thought, instead focusing on the development of some religious debate. "I agree, Issian, for what little it matters. We all have to deal with things we are not comfortable with in a land such as this. Perhaps it is as our newly religious friend has said; maybe morality works differently in a place where different gods are stronger."

Valtar shrugs. "As for me, I hold little to deities and spirits. Rarely to never has one intervened in my life to any great degree. On another note, shall we take advantage of the crone's offer and stay here the night?"

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Soondra

I think we should stay. Stimpas, and possibly Andas, will need to pray. Since we have a reletively safe place, we should take advantage of it.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    keeping the thread alive. happy thanksgiving to my American friends
    Spoiler
    Show

Who has two thumbs (up) and a board game coming out from Rio Grande? This guy. Gladiators (Rio Grande)

PIZZA IN SPAAAAACE! Cambridge Games Facotry and Spoiled Flush Games Cosmic Pizza coming soon.

Spoiled Flush Games

12. - Top - End - #102

DwarfBarbarianGuy

OOC: I am ready to move on to midnight or the eye restoration. Since I need to prepare spells to help with the latter, Midnight first?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #103

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Andas- Midnight

The elf has been sitting and praying calmly since about 8 in the evening. As midnight approaches, he looks up at the others. Well... it's about Midnight. I think she was playing me for a fool... I really don't even know what type of cur- Andas twitches -ah.. Where am I? Did that face give us what we needed? Gah, she must have pulled a number on me. Where's my familiar? He stands up and brushes himself off. Oh, nice robes. Thanks for putting me in them.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Soondra

Soondra looks at the elf in surprise. Uh, you put on those robes yourself. After you made a deal with Nagumi to become her cleric...
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

15. - Top - End - #105

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Andas

Well... I knew I made the deal, but why didn't you wake me up until now?
    Confusion is evident in his voice. And did anyone catch what they said I was supposed to do?
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #106
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Issian

Issian reacts upon hearing the sound of Andas. "Andas? What is going on? Are you.. Back?"
    Hi. I'm Me.

17. - Top - End - #107

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Andas

Back? Where could I have gone.. Other than where you all carried me. Or did That creepy face puddle dump us here?
    He blinks twice. Dear Cleon, what did you do with your eyes?

30 seconds left or so.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Stimpas

"Andas, listen to me carefully. You agreed to become Nagumi's voice in return for our leaving the island. I do not have any curse breaking magics prepared, as we just learned of this today. Nagumi apparently placed a whole new personality on you. I will ask Koros for the new magics in the morning, and I promise you we will break this curse on you. Alright?"
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

19. - Top - End - #109

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Andas

Wait what? I don't feel any different.
    He pats himself. I have to have been out... Can you even do that with a curse? I don't know of anything that could actually rewri- he blinks and twitches slightly -urse I could have even been placed under. And see? Midnight's passed and nothing happened. I ought to rain Nagumi's wrath on her like the.... Why are you all staring at me like I just started spouting gibberish?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

Stimpas

"You have been cursed, Andas. You've got multiple personalities. Unfortunately, I think the only time we can remove the curse is when the other personality is in effect. You'll have to wait up again tomorrow night."

Don't be stupid.

21. - Top - End - #111

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Andas

Wait what? No! That witch gave me another personality to "help"? Damn her! With all the stuff she's pulled on us, we should have her head.
    He points to Stimpas and Issan. As soon as we've got his eyes back, I want you two to help me get rid of whatever Baba Mona tacked on to me.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #112
    Troll in the Playground

Stimpas

Stimpas speaks in a calm voice to Andas. "It may have been Baba Mona, it may have been Nagumi, Andas. It may even be the stress of the area, or something else we don't know. As much as I dislike Baba Mona at the moment for taking Issian's eyes, that does not mean she is responsible for your curse as well."

Don't be stupid.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Issian

Issian looks at where Andas is sitting with a rather blank look on his face, it is impossible to tell his mood. "I will talk to her tomorrow, we are on what I consider good ground, I should be able to have a proper conversation with her. Diplomacy never hurt anyone, and should always be tried out first. Such is the way of Reo, and if it was up to me, such was the way of the world. Too many people have suffered from the brutality which springs from hastiness and rushed conclusions."
    Hi. I'm Me.

24. - Top - End - #114

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Andas

In a flat harsh voice accompanied by a small glare. It wasn't Nagumi. She wouldn't do anything to me. He kneels back down and resumes prayer. She'll help me find a way out of this.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #115

Valtar

Uncomfortable with the rapid, and blatantly obvious, personality changes by Andas, Valtar stares at the wizard - cleric? - with trepidation. Whenever the man glances his way, Valtar looks to be bedding down for the night, although he is keeping an eye on Nagumi's charge.

"Didn't have anything like this posted for the job hiring..." he mutters to himself quietly before turning in.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Chami frowns and mutters to himself.

Dis is bad... bad. I shoulda just stayed on de island...
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiled Flush Games

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

In the morning, Baba Mona once again emerges from her hut. The old woman squints out at you, chewing on something- you're not sure what, maybe something imaginary.

The moon is set. Your time here is over. Are you ready to receive my aid?
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiled Flush Games

28. - Top - End - #118

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Andas

Let us hope it is worth the price.
    His voice is filled with acid. If looks could kill, the elf's would be replicating a Finger of Death spell.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Issian

"Baba Mona, if you do not mind, I - or we - wish to do a prayer first, to our 'foreign Gods of healing'. It will take a while, but then we will be ready."
    Hi. I'm Me.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

I'll allow it, she nods.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiled Flush Games