New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Post The Orrery IC: Anne, Jherek, Rubellite, and Valka

The foyer to the orrery is sleek and elegant, but still impressively grand. Polished black marble floors, granite columns covered with spiraling scrollwork seemingly made of gold. The walls are also flat granite, and the desk that sits at the back of the foyer shares the black marble production as the floor. The air is cool but not cold, and the minimalist design of the structure keeps it from feeling too ostentatious. If anything, it seems quite professional.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Orrery IC: Anne, Jherek, Rubellite, and Valka

Rubellite
    Tiefling Warlock
    AC: 15 HP: 31/31
    PP: 9 PIv: 0 PIs: 9
    Conditions: --
    Concentration: --

Rubellite, finding herself the first person in the room, sort of dances in a simple and child-like version of ballerina movements. Doing little lunges and twirls, her coat arms flapping around, and just enjoying the feeling of the cool stone beneath her feet. Until she bumps into the desk, at which point she decided to lay down on it and greet whoever next enters from that position.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2021-02-04 at 02:07 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

"My, my, tall one, you look like I feel. I love a good frolic. I hope you didn't stop on my account."

A small person has entered the room, walking unhurriedly over to Rubellite. She seems underdressed for these surroundings, with a loose pink blouse and fraying skirt that both look like the fashion from maybe five years ago. She's middle-aged... or perhaps younger, but a little sun-dried.

"I'm glad to see I'm not the first, nor the last one here. I'm Valka. What's your name?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    And yes, I know Rubellite is also pretty short. But she's still got at least a foot on Valka.
    Last edited by Archemist; 2021-02-05 at 03:11 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Spoiler: Portrait
    Show

Jherek
    Human Cleric
    AC: 17 HP: 35/35
    PP: 15 PIv: 0 PIs: 9

Jherek enters the room into the slowly, painfully slowly opening the door. He has expected to beat the others here...had hoped he would, so he could claim an advantageous place to watch and read the others actions. Realizing the room was occupied, he changed his slow entrance into what he hoped was a commanding one. Puffing out his chest and striding boldly into the room. ”Hail Servant of Entropy, and warm greetings to you as well Lady of the Hin. I am Jherek, newly arrived to this place. Good to see that you have arrived for our meeting with the Master. I wonder what we are here for? Must be something of import if he needs so many of us Primewalkers. Yes must be something of import. “

He moves forward and sort of angles himself so as to see both of them at the same time...and try and look as bold and brave and Warrior like as possible. He didn’t like meeting new people.

Spoiler: Performance to appear bold and what have you
    Show
    Performance - (1d20-1)[11]
    Last edited by OnceUponAnAxe; 2021-02-05 at 11:33 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Rubellite
    Tiefling Warlock

Rubellite does a little wave from her position at the two who entered and seems like she's going to lay there and not say anything, just blinking in mild confusion at Jherek's comment. But then she pops up suddenly and hops over and comes to try and shake both of their hands at once.

With an amused smile on her face she says to Valka, "I don't get called tall very often. Don't worry, I'll prance when I feel like prancing." she gives a little giggle at this. Trying to look at both people at the same time she introduces herself, "I'm Rubellite, it's nice to meet you Valka and Jherek." Then specifically turning to Jherek she responds, "I think you've made a mistake though. I don't serve anything named Entropy. Never even heard of em before! My goddess is Heidar, She Who Embraces All. I'd love to tell you about her sometime." Then she tilts her head to the side to a practically comical angle, "Or was I supposed to be Lady of the Hin? Don't know what that means either!" and then she shrugs. Which is rather awkward in the case she's still holding on to two people's hands.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    With an amused smile on her face she says to Valka, "I don't get called tall very often. Don't worry, I'll prance when I feel like prancing." she gives a little giggle at this. Trying to look at both people at the same time she introduces herself, "I'm Rubellite, it's nice to meet you Valka and Jherek." Then specifically turning to Jherek she responds, "I think you've made a mistake though. I don't serve anything named Entropy. Never even heard of em before! My goddess is Heidar, She Who Embraces All. I'd love to tell you about her sometime." Then she tilts her head to the side to a practically comical angle, "Or was I supposed to be Lady of the Hin? Don't know what that means either!" and then she shrugs. Which is rather awkward in the case she's still holding on to two people's hands.
    Valka answers Rubellite, "I'm Hin - it's a word for my people - but Entropy would've been pretty accurate for me, too. Anyhow, I've been called worse things," she adds with a cackle.

She turns to Jherek, and adds more seriously, "Nice to meet you. So you don't know why we're here? I was hoping to finally get a chance to travel. Where do you hail from?" She pats her little backpack and bow.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Show

Jherek
    Human Cleric

He blushed, of course he blushed. It started at his neck and creeped all the way to the tip of his bald head. He shifted uncomfortably in his armor. ”A mistake then. My apologies on my world...my plane...my prime...Mystara. He nodded to Valka as this was a way to answer her and explain himself to the demon.

creatures such as you...”He jestures at the entirety of Rubellite...then runs his hand down his chin, gripping it momentarily to center himself.

”They serve the Immortals of Entropy. They are the living will of the Chaotic Ones? Well living is a strange concept when talking of spirits and things...anyways Your Heediar serves the realms of Chaos yes? Many Immortals have servants...I simply assumed it was a proper title. Many of the mages I brought to justice had servants or were servants to demons such as yourself. He tries to smile but it seems forced. He did not like learning this way at all. Then an idea struck him and he looked to Valka.

“Does Rubellite serve as your familiar or as a manifestation of Entropies hold on you?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Rubellite
    Tiefling Warlock

As Jherek talks Rubellite's expression gradually morphs from friendly smile to confusion to pouty somewhat upset frown.
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2021-02-06 at 08:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by OnceUponAnAxe View Post
    ...he looked to Valka.

“Does Rubellite serve as your familiar or as a manifestation of Entropies hold on you?
    Valka frowns and side-eyes both Jherek and Rubellite. To Jherek, she asks, "Do... do they not have tieflings where you're from? I admit there aren't many where I'm from either, but I try not to make too many assumptions about new people."

To Rubellite, Valka continues, "You sure don't seem like you're from the Demon Wastes, and you're definitely not MY demon, regardless. Where are you from? You were just waiting for the Orrery's Master, too, right? We can give him a hard time when he arrives for not introducing us properly."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Rubellite
    Tiefling Warlock

Having given a proper moment's pout and letting Valka say something, Rubellite erupts with the following barrage of responses. "Yes, I'm a tiefling, not a demon! Which means if anything my heritage would be the opposite of chaotic! Not that I'm actually related to any devils or demons. Not that being distantly related to either would define who I am! Heidar isn't a servant of anything! She comes from beyond the stars themselves! She doesn't even serve her father or any of the elder entities he's aligned with. I'm from Faerűn! Which apparently is very different from your world where everyone serves everything in neat tidy little.... rows... of....something...? Um... anyway, on my world people aren't automatically servants of other beings just because of their race! Uh.... unless they're actual devils or demons or celestials..... or constructs.... or undead... or...... ok well ok! Lots of things where I'm from apparently are servants of stuff! But not like the people people! Like me. I'm a tiefling. Which is a people! Er, person. Tiiiieeeeffffllliiiiiinnnnggggg. Not demon. Not entropy servant. Tiefling. Person. Um.... person with.... some kind of devil ancestry or descendants of people who made pacts with devils or... other stuff like that. Still! People! With their own ability to choose what other beings they serve like everyone else! And. And! AND!!!!!! Heidar helps those who are stuck serving beings that they don't want to! So.... there! Servanty... servant.... faaaaace?"

Rubellite's words are punctuated with a lot of gesticulation, even if it's rather meandering as she loses track of the point sometimes in her rush to get words out. Despite all the pointedness of her words and volume and animation, it doesn't seem like she's angry so much as annoyed in an affronted kind of way. In fact, this much energy going into the outburst seems like it might just be because she's just an energetic person rather than seriously upset in any way. There's certainly not any genuine anger in her voice or face.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGirl

Valka nods approvingly at the speech. "Hear hear."

"And yes, you'll have to tell us all about Heidar. Sounds a bit like my Traveler," she says, with a finger gesturing vaguely upwards. "The Giver of gifts, the lord of invention, change, and transformation. Not a bad sort at all, though some look down their nose at it." Valka shrugs.

She takes on a matronly-but-small demeanor, the sort all moms get as their kids get taller than them, and she waggles her finger. "I'm sure nobody meant anybody any harm, isn't that right, Jherek? And if we're to be traveling together I don't want none of this nonsense. I'm sure you're both well aware that things aren't always what you might think at first - I mean you literally can't pass through the door here unless you've realized that it isn't a normal door, right?" You don't know whether Valka has kids but you can imagine her in a kitchen, waving a wooden spoon around to help emphasize her points. And she is the oldest one here by a bit, it seems.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Anne enters the room gracefully - or at least, as gracefully as she can, given that she looks to have been going at a dead run. She bursts in, hair immaculate despite her velocity, and she comes to a halt when she sees just other people talking. "Miram. Anne Miram. I don't believe I've made any of your acquiantances," she says by way of greeting, flashing a dazzling smile.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Show

Jherek
    Human Cleric

Turning bright read Jherek weathers Rubellite’s tirade. He stands stammering...stuttering a large tomato stuffed in a tiny suit of armor. I....we...no...it...sun...frown...sorry. “ He stands silent now...his mouth gulping at air like a catfish. He can’t find any words.

He takes a deep breath, tries to center himself, then speaks again.”i...I am new to many things and was unaware that there were creatures in the....universe...cosmos? That resembled demons and were not demons not servants of chaos. I am sorry I mis-labeled you. I am sorry.” Anne entered the room and Jherek felt instantly grateful for something taking the attention away from him.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Rubellite
    Tiefling Warlock

Rubellite gives Jherek an appraising look and then shrugs, "Good enough I suppose." Turning to the Anne she holds out a hand to shake, "Rubellite. A tiefling, since apparently that's new information to some people here. Nice to meet you." and gives her a friendly smile like nothing at all had just happened a moment ago.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Anne shakes Rubellite's hand firmly. "I hope my tardiness hasn't delayed things too much."
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2021-02-10 at 10:44 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew