New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Default The grand return: Building a PF1e encounter

Hello there! I know I haven't been active lately (more like about a month) but I decided to build a Pathfinder 1e encounter, because why not? It'll be a basic goblin camp with a few changes, though.

1. These goblins are EVIL
    These goblins are pure evil. How do I know that? Because I'm making the encounter. But here's the group of goblins:
    Goblin Chief - Template: Hellbound Creature
    3 Goblin Sneaks - 3 Wizard Levels. +4 INT for a total of 12, as well as +2 HD. Spells: 0 -level: Acid Splash, Ray of Frost, Resistance. 1 level spells: Alter Winds, Break, Burning Hands, Dazzling Blade, Invisibility Alarm. 2 level: Demand Offering, Fire Breath. Template: N/A

Tactics: They will start by using Alter Winds if they see any boats, using the wind to push the boats away. The chief won't fight, they'll just hang back until the goblin sneaks are dead. The goblin sneaks will also, after using the debuff spells, apply Invisibility Alarm. They'll also make sure to hide while the PCs aren't watching.

Treasure: The Sneaks will have spellbooks that a party Wizard or Magus can copy out of for the spells that the goblins used. The chief also is using a negative Greyflame + Flaming Burst longsword, which the PCs can get, if they want. The others are using pretty generic equipment, although one of them has a ring that gives a +1 spell damage.

So, is it any good? First attempt at building an encounter for any RPG, really.
    Hello! I hope you're all having a good day. I make homebrew, could you look at it?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The grand return: Building a PF1e encounter

Nite the very small area of alter winds, and it's immobile to boot

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The grand return: Building a PF1e encounter

One thing about PF1 goblins is that they absolutely and violently loathe writing. That makes them much more likely to be sorcerers rather than wizards.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!