New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 10

"It's about to be a book about ash. Kadör Ah-" Leff choked as one of the Blue Not!Dragonborn lifted a claw. A flurry of rose petals from Sirthis shot to disrupt the counterspell, and the other blue lifted a claw toward his throat, but Eris swung Black Ice, trained to hone in on the weave as it disrupted the spell most of the way to its target. "Hash."

An explosion rocked over the table, washing over both Blue Not!Dragonborn and one of the whites, who shrieked. The book's pages were aflame, and the blue creature holding it scowled.
    "Well, they have counterspell. Annoying." And Blue One stepped away until it was eighty feet away from Leff. It read out from the book, and the air all around the chamber seemed to get... red, almost. Nothing... clearly changed. '

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I believe that will be Eris.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

As Eris got on Aklah, the instant she was with twenty feet of the blue creature, it’s staff craced and four bolts of lightning shot at her. Aklah maneuvered her around two of them, but the third and fourth zapped Eris out of her Saddle and pushed her into the table, then through it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eris takes 14 and 15 Lightning damage and is pushed back 30 feet as soon as she is within 20.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

"Tch! Won't be enough to keep me down!" Eris yelled, flying after the Not!Dragonborn- but when she tried to Misty Step, it didn't work.
    "Wh- my spells don't work!" she warned the others, pulling out her bow to shoot at the book holder.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Yeah, you know what she did. Her and Aklah are currently 10 feet apart.

Aaand
    20 to hit, 8 damage
    12 to hit, 4 damage
    Crit for 12 damage

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

The blue not!dragonborn hissed in pain, but managed to maintain the red aura.

"We're in an anti-magic field," Leff realized. "But it's massive. I'm glad that book's burning."
    The head of a young blue dragon poked out of the door behind them, cutting off escape.
    "Now, that sounds like my cue."

A little bit behind Eris and to her left, the other blue one went into melee with her, because that seemed like a good idea. It whacked her on the elbow with its staff, but this mostly just alerted her to its aggression enough to let her smack aside its head as it lunged for a bite, its teeth crackling with lightning.

Spoiler: Antimagic Field
    Show
    I believe you are basically aware of how it works, but to be sure: Your magic items are intert. Black Ice is an ordinary greatsword, your armors lose any extra bonuses, and Sirthis's Strength is 8 or something awful like that and he cannot fly. Divine Smite is out but Improved Divine Smite is apparently fine.

Eris takes 7 bludgeoning damage, it's Sirthis. I have rolled Takadox's brat into the Initiative order.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

"How cute" Sirthis pulled out a knife "He thinks we are trapped with him" he went ahead and tried to stab the not!dragonborn attacking Eris, but he missed spectacularly.

"Way too long that I don't use a knife"

Show
    Natural 1 on the attack.

No bonus actions.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-14 at 01:06 PM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Mávro did not seem disturbed by losing... all of her abilities. She pulled a dagger from her belt and turned toward the dragon with no fear. She leapt at it, and actually carved off a few scales to the dragon's surprise.
    "My, my. It seems some of you can at least move, not that you can do any real damage. White Abishai! Swarm the tiefling, keep her away from me. She is the only one of them that is a threat in this field. Erek! Can you keep this up even if you are away?"
    The book abishai nodded once.
    "Then go."

The blue dragon turned its head toward Aklah, and a lightning bolt shot out toward her. "Stupid creature. Did the giants truly believe something so simple and weak could oppose us?" And a lightning bolt came from its mouth, striking right at the wyvern.

The Abishai gathered around Eris and Sirthis, attacking with sword and claw and surrounding the bard and barbarian along with the other blue.

Spoiler: Damage
    Show

Eris
    (1d20+6)[11]/(1d20+6)[21]; (1d8+3)[5]
    (1d20+6)[15]/(1d20+6)[8]; (1d10+3)[12]

(1d20+6)[21]/(1d20+6)[15]; (1d8+3)[8]
    (1d20+6)[24]/(1d20+6)[20]; (1d10+3)[10]

(1d20+6)[7]/(1d20+6)[22]; (1d8+3)[5]
    (1d20+6)[13]/(1d20+6)[24]; (1d10+3)[7]

Sirthis
    (1d20+6)[13]/(1d20+6)[8]; (1d8+3)[5]
    (1d20+6)[18]/(1d20+6)[13]; (1d10+3)[5]

(1d20+6)[17]/(1d20+6)[7]; (1d8+3)[10]
    (1d20+6)[9]/(1d20+6)[25]; (1d10+3)[9]

Aklah's dex save is to halve 66 lightning damage.
    It's Aklah.
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-06-14 at 03:39 PM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah's eyes fixated on the dragon, flaring with anger and hunger. Hanger. She shrieked and flew right in his face- but there was no clawing, no biting. She wasn't 'just' a wyvern, but a battle-hardened one- she spun downwards and with a rapidity that common wyverns can't even dream she stabbed the dragon's neck with her stinger twice, pumping lethal poison in his circulation.

Show
    Moving 60 feet towards the Dragon, Attack.

18 to hit, 10+18
    22 to hit, 9+30 piercing+poison
    Total of 67 damage.

Then healing 14 hp with Second Wind.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

The dragon roared in anger and gasped in surprise. "I..."
    "Mávro! Help Aklah!" Leff lifted her shield and pressed it down on the dragon's claws, holding down one claw.
    "What?"

The blue abishai with the book tossed the burning book to one side and backed up toward the south wall where there were two doors. It selected the one to the left and as it pushed it open, Takadox's son shouted; "No, not that door!" A long blade fell from the doorway and chopped the Abishai's arm off. It screamed as the red in the air faded away.

Show
    It's Eris.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

When the spellcaster tried to bite Eris she smashed the longbow in its face.

"Mávro, help Aklah!" Eris translated for her, as she cut through the blue abishai (she threw away the longbow, unsheating Black Ice instead) she knew could cast spells- regardless of the outcome, she flew above the others ignoring the pain and joined the others against the dragon.
    "What, surprised the wyvern, created to fight dragons, is capable of hurting a dragon? She fed on bigger ones then you"

Show
    Alright, the attacks will go on the Blue Abishai until it's dead, then on the dragon.

If the abishai doesn't die she will still fly to the dragon, in order to stop him from escaping.

Fighting Spirit also.

14 to hit, 16 bludgeoning+radiant damage

16 to hit, 28
    31 to hit, 27
    29 to hit, 27
    23 to hit, 28 slashing+radiant+necrotic damage

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

On her way out, the heavily wounded Blue Abishai bit into Eris's tail, biting the tip off with a jolt of electricity traveling up her. Her tail started healing itself even as she flew and faced the dragon.

The other blue pointed at Eris and cast a spell, lightning crackling in its claws that was burned away still in its hand as Leff laughed at it.

Show
    Sirthis!
    Show

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis looked at the small amount of enemies in front of him and grinned, backing off so that he wasn't within Counterspell range of the farthest abishai (the one that wasn't busy cutting Eris' tail off).

"Leflabah, let me deal with the small ones, alright?" and with a wave and sound of bells portals opened as all kinds of beasts swarmed the abishais- chittering bats, skittering centipedes, stampeding horses, growling wolves and so on.
    "Yes! Yes! The pet army's back!" he laughed loudly as his animals started what was a veritable bloodbath.

Show
    Alright, Sirthis will mount Briar (she should be back now right?) And back off where he can't be Counterspelled if possible. Then Conjure Animals.

WOLVES ON THE BLUE ABISHAI THAT BIT ERIS, EVERYBODY ELSE ON THE WHITE. Focusing one at the time down while acting as a wall between the dragon fighters and the whites.

On blue abishai:
    19 to hit, 6 damage
    12 to hit, 10 damage (all piercing)

On whites:
    Crit for 14
    21 to hit, 5
    16 to hit, 9
    10 to hit, 7 (all bludgeoning)

22 to hit, 4
    18 to hit, 5 (all slashing)

6 to hit, 5+7
    18 to hit, 5+15 (both piercing+poison, DC 11 Con save to halve poison)

22 to hit, 5
    9 to hit, 10
    16 to hit, 5
    18 to hit, 3 (all piercing)

17 to hit, 6+6
    12 to hit, 4+7 (both piercing+poison, DC 11 Con save to halve poison)

Bonus action... Nah.

Sirthis will fly back into Counterspell range.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

"That’s enough!" Shouted the blue one in the back, on the ground and cradling its bleeding arm stump. "We’re going." It stood, and the blue dragon snarled.
    "You’re not going anywhere, Devil. We have a contract!"
    Lightning struck from the blue abishai’s staff, hitting next to the blue dragon and manifesting a long scroll.
    "Read the fine print." In infernal it shouted; "contract fulfilled!" And the Abishai vanished in a hiss of cold air or lightning.

Mávro jumped on the dragon’s other claw, leaving it wide open.

Spoiler: Mávro Action
    Show
    She Helps Eris attack the dragon.

"Well... I’ll be going, then." And the Blue Dragon attempted to break free and run.
    Show
    It’s Aklah... and the Blue is disengaging and running.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

As the dragon turned to leave Eris yelled "Oh no you don't!" And stabbed Black Ice through the claw Mávro was holding, pinning him into the ground.

Meanwhile Aklah gurgled happily and stabbed her stinger in the paw Leff was holding, then she lifted and with uncharacteristical focus she pierced right into the dragon's blood system, pumping the poison right into his arteries.

Show
    Eris' Sentinel Strike!
    30 to hit, 27 damage

Aklah stabs!
    18 to hit, 13+11 damage (poison already halved)
    Crit for 19+23 damage (poison already halved)

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

As everybody could expect, there were no final words. Aklah wasn't Eris, nor Sirthis. She couldn't speak, nor she particularly cared.

But what she could do was shriek triumphantly as the dragon's body slowed from the venom- in a flash she pounced, claws raking open his throat as she ripped chunks of flesh from its body. But the real finisher was her stinger tail that pierced right into an eye, too slow now to close it, and pumped her paralyzing venom straight into the brain which caused Takadox's son's body to freeze, his heart finally coming to a stop as he tilted sideways and crumbled to the ground.

The wyvern let out a victorious shriek, standing above the first dragon she killed almost by herself. What followed after was a lot of crunching noises because Aklah just killed a dragon and everybody knew what happens when she kills her prey. Lunch happens.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

"But... I'm..." the dragon choked out until the oxygen stopped getting to its brain and it died.
    Leff picked up the contract. "It's Infernal." She passed it to Eris.

It was a pretty standard fiend contract, though it was interestingly enough addressed from
    The Dragon Queen Tiamat the Avaricious. Bane of Bahamut, Nemesis of the Gods. I hereby guarantee the loyalty of these seven Abishai unto my daughter, Lady Takadox the Blue. As part of this guarantee, they shall aid in your research and defend your home, even at the risk of their own lives.
    Blah blah blah "terms and conditions," "in case of injury price may increase," "terms subject to change if the hells face war" and all that.

Show
    Eris make me a perception check.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis was meanwhile Sending.

Spoiler: To Trinuma
    Show
    We don't know how far in we are or where Takadox is yet, but her son ambushed us and we killed him. Thought you should know.

Eris frowned, trying to focus on the fine print. Sirthis threw a Guidance at her.

Show
    Eris is great at Perception.
    (1d20+5)[15]+(1d4)[4]

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Trinuma
    Show
    This is good, yes. Do you have a way to prevent her from getting the corpse for resurrection?

Eris noticed a smudge of dirt in the space between "I hereby" and "guarantee." She looked in close and noticed... something. She grabbed some glass from Leff's component pouch and too a closer look.

Spoiler: ZOOMED IN
    Show
    I herebydo notguarantee
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-07-20 at 06:01 AM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Second Sending to Trinuma
    Show
    A pyromancer, an horde of animals and an hungry wyvern. And Disintegrate. I'll find a way, yes.

"Trinuma suggests to destroy the body" Sirthis said "To prevent resurrection. You can manage, Leflabah, right?" he looked at Aklah and added "Well, I guess what she leaves"

Eris actually laughed.
    "Takadox and her family mustn't have red the contract deeply enough- they missed a 'do not' sentence. As such the Abishais weren't actually loyal to them" she explained, giving back Leff her glass.
    "Good for us. Stay sharp though- Takadox is bound to be angry after we killed her son"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-14 at 06:57 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

"Shouldn't be a problem," Leff confirmed. She put the glass back. "While Aklah eats, I'll go through the books to decide what's good reading and what's good tinder." And she started doing that.

Eris got a Sending.
    Spoiler: Malyanna
    Show
    I have been looking for you for minutes, where have you gone?
    Show

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Chocolate, you smelled gold earlier? Feel free to hunt it down, tell me if you find a chest you can't open or something like that. Be careful though. Sirthis stayed near the kid's corpse, wanting to make sure he could intervene if something happened.

Sirthis told his pet army to follow Leff and bring the books that she gave them to him.
    "Leff, give the tinder books to my animals. I'll help create a nice little pyre"

Spoiler: Reply to Malyanna
    Show
    You probably forgot, wasn't really relevant for you, today we're dragon hunting. Trinuma mentioned that after the Scream Army was defeated. I think.

Show
    I know Malyanna was there, but I don't recall when exactly it was.

Also what's the floor made of? Looks like a dragon could tunnel under and make the corpse collapse suddenly?
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-14 at 07:20 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    The floor is sandstone except for near the wall with the shelves, which is a harder stone.

Show
    And you didn't invite me? Any good treasure?

Leff went through the library, and the immediate flaw in having her do that arrived when she kept deciding that every book was worth keeping. "Ooh! A book on Abeir's history! A journal of potential weaknesses of Tahtorak! Iggwilv's Demonomicon! Look! This is about the Dawn War and the Primordials!"

Chocolate, meanwhile, threw a book off the shelves with his tail. It was actually a false book, in reality a box, and was filled with tiny rubies that now coated the library floor. Then Chocolate sniffed the wall behind the shelves. Behind here, he insisted to Sirthis. The gold is behind here.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Reply to Malyanna
    Show
    If you remember Trinuma didn't want you, otherwise I'd have. Presumably rare books, young dragon's corpse, a devil's contract... Anything interesting? No hoard yet though.

Sirthis nodded Lots of it? As soon as we destroy this corpse I'll ask Eris to break the wall. Or try to, anyway he looked at all the gems and chuckled, asking the wolves and panters to recover the rubies and drop them into the box.

He experimentally Eldritch Blasted the wall Chocolate pointed at.

Show
    (1d20+12)[32] and damage (1d10+6)[13]
    (1d20+12)[24] and damage (1d10+6)[10]
    (1d20+12)[27] and damage (1d10+6)[7]

Eris chuckled "Leff, we need to burn something. Does the Demonicon even have any worth anymore?"

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Leff looked at the demonomicon. "Well... there's Obyrith stuff in here." She picked up another book. "Eris! Eris! It's a study of the flora of Abeir!"

Sirthis put little dents in the rock wall.
    Smells like lots of it.

Show
    Where are you?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

"Leff, you're adorable" Eris giggled "Do we actually need to burn any? I suppose we could take them all given enough time"
    Show
    Calim desert, dragon murdering and plundering their riches. Bronze dragon talked about it if you recall. Will try to pass by later. Love you.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

"We can burn the body with the shelves," Leff suggested. "Put the books in our Demiplane."
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

"Sounds good to me- Sirthis, help me drag. I'll make the Demiplane since I can't use the magic for anything else" Eris said and the two got to work pulling the corpse (leaving the parts Aklah was feasting on, since she could take care of making those disappear) near said shelves.
    Afterwards she went up to a suitably smooth wall, opening it into a... New Demiplane, actually, not the money one.
    "We can use this one to make a personal library" Eris explained to Leff.

Afterwards, assuming everything went well meanwhile, they started emptying out the shelves by putting the books inside the Demiplane.

Show
    Have the animals been able to recover the rubies?

Also this Plane is made out of ice, crystal clear ice that reflects the image of whoever's inside on multiple mirror-like surfaces.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-15 at 09:05 AM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Yeah, the animals can gather it up. 2,000 go worth of tiny rubies.

It took about a half hour of work, after which Aklah was done eating, to load up all the books. Aklah tipped the bookshelves over and Leff lit up the corpse, burning away at it. Then she started scratching Aklah’s neck.
    "Who’s my little dragon-slayer? Who’s my ferocious little girl?"
    Aklah rustled her throat and thumped her tail on the ground in joy, licking Leff and Eris the second she was in range.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

"Heh" Eris giggled at the licks, joining Leff in giving Aklah the nicest of scratches "To think she was so small she fit into my arms"

Meanwhile Sirthis, who's animals had run out by now, went to the spots he marked with Eldritch Blast earlier.
    "Chocolate smells gold through this wall" he explained "I'm going to try opening it" once his left and right hand (Chocolate and Briar) backed off a bit, say 10 feet, he put his hands against the wall.

Show
    Sirthis will use Stoneshape to make a passage in the wall. Note: it fails if the wall is thicker then 5 feet.

I'm betting on the fact that gold smell wouldn't reach Chocolate through more then 5 feet of stone.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-15 at 10:21 AM.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah rustled her throat and wrapped Eris and Leff in her wings in a big ol' wyvern hug.

Sirthis stepped through and came upon a miniature treasury with walls and walls of chests filled with coinage and display cases with other treasures. There was even a small shelf of potions.

Spoiler: Loot!
    Show
    45000 gp, 34000 pp, Gold Cloth Gown set with Jet (2500 gp), Silver Scepter wreathed in Continual Flame (2500 gp), Electrum Chest (2500 gp), Carved Ivory Drinking Horn inlaid with Gold (2500 gp), Dragonscale bound Book (blank) set with Topaz (2500 gp), Spell Scroll (Earthquake), Potion of Invisibility, 2 x Potion of Speed, Potion of Supreme Healing
    Show

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis' mouth actually watered.
    "Right, there's no time to take all this" he decided- you could feel the suffering eyeing all the platinum. Instead he opened his Bag of Holding, taking the Scepter, the Horn, the Gown and the Book since he could move those rapidly.

After taking a look at the other stuff, he turned to the others.
    "Leflabah, is this of any interest to you?" he passed her the Earthquake scroll "I can cast it without a scroll if need be, but if you can use it you should keep it. Mávro" he held the healing potion towards her speaking in Elvish "This should be a powerful healing potion. You should keep it since you can't otherwise heal"

He took the other three- although he wasn't sure what the potion of Invisibility was, since he never actually used it.

Show
    We'll leave the chest and all the coins for now. It should take only a minute or so for the rest.

Also Sirthis will take 6 gold coins for Chocolate to eat since he was such a nice dragon.

Once done, Sirthis sealed the passage again with his Stoneshape.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-15 at 11:51 AM.