New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 10

Chocolate mewled sadly looking at Sirthis close the way there and could only be comforted by gold to eat.

"I can't even read this," Leff said, passing the scroll back to Sirthis. "I think that potion would be good for Eris in the big fight, though." Leff pointed out one of the potions of speed.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis obliged giving Chocolate the gold he took from the mini-hoard. Hell, he could eat until he was full given they already got a decent lot.

He also nodded to Leff and passed both Speed potions to Eris "I figure Aklah too would benefit, even if less compared to you" the other two dragons were a tad too big compared to Aklah.

Eris then started leading the way again like before.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    How many exits are there?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

There were two doors on the back, one with the guillotine still at the bottom of it.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

"Mmm..." Eris frowned "I'd love to know why he tried the guillotine door- I guess if the dragons trapped that door with the idea of not passing through it we should take the other one?" she proposed- if there was no objection, she would open the door without the guillotine. Or rather the one that presumably was without one.

"I have to say, I don't like the fact that he could get behind us like that. We've got no guarantee Takadox and her partner haven't sneaked away, do we?" Sirthis asked "Or rather, that they aren't doing that right now. I guess it's safe to say that she wouldn't have left her kid in charge by himself"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

"Dragons won't leave their hoards without a way back, not even blue ones," Leff said. "Maybe she can get past us, but there's no way she can transport all of her stuff through here without us noticing. Remember, she's already at her absolute peak, probably only has a few centuries left, and her treasure is her afterlife. If she wanted to flee she'd be better off eating her hoard at this point."

Through the non-guillotined door, the pathway went right and also left. To the right there was a stone door and to the left another branch of pathways.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

"Almost makes me feel guilty. If she wasn't, you know, evil" Eris said as she looked left and right- ultimately she chose the stone door though.
    "Interestingly, that was the first door without a trap. It may mean that there's an actual correct path- I really thought everything was booby-trapped"

Sirthis nodded at what Leff said, keeping his security distance from Eris as she opened the door.
    "I see... I'd take a couple chests and flee, but my afterlife doesn't care about my money so I can see why she wouldn't want to leave it. And of course she probably hates us now"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

They opened up into... a tomb, coated in glyphs. Before them was a sarcophagus. As the stone slid aside, Eris felt the air grow thick with a poison that her sacred oath to her goddess pummeled into pieces, but there were also rumblings up above as the ceiling broke, leaving twelve more, much less elaborate, stone sarcophagi in front of them. Preserved mummies of Dragonborn burst out of all fourteen sarcophagi as they hissed out promises in Draconic.
    Spoiler: Draconic
    Show
    "Our service, eternal. Our sacrifice, infinite. Our regrets, absent."

The central sarcophagus, with a gold dragon head in place of a human face, rumbled aside and a mummified golden dragonborn sat up.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    Revenant Group A (1d20+2)[16]
    Mummy Lord (1d20)[5]
    Leff (1d20+2)[17]
    Mávro (1d20+4)[18]
    Show

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

"...wrong room!" Eris exclaimed.

Show
    I bet they smell horribly.

Eris (1d20+3)[23] adv. (1d29+3)[23]
    Aklah (1d20)[18]
    Sirthis (1d20+11)[17]

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

"There's poison! Don't enter! Aklah stay!" Eris told the others and rushed in by herself- confidently she strode forward and her blade cut into the mummy lord's body.
    "Right, translation: don't enter, poison!" she added for Mávro.

Aklah, whining, stayed put.

Sirthis didn't need to enter anyway.
    "Those other dragonborns- they are revenants. They'll keep protecting the body so go ahead and destroy them" he lifted his hand towards the mummy lord and a barrage of force beams shot out "For what's worth mummification is usually meant to stop undeadification, so by defeating the lord you're doing them a favor!"

Show

Eris will Rage then Attack the mummy lord.
    32 to hit, 20+3+5
    Crit for 39+9+5
    24 to hit, 20+4+5 slashing+radiant+necrotic
    Total of 79 slashing, 16 radiant, 15 necrotic.

Aklah Dodges

Sirthis will Eldritch Blast and Spiritual Weapon (lv.4) the lord
    18 to hit, 12
    27 to hit, 11
    29 to hit, 15
    16 to hit, 12
    28 to hit, 11 force
    Total of 71 force damage.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

It didn't look like a favor as Eris chopped the Mummy's head off, and then Sirthis blasted the head across the room to fracture into dust against the wall.
    Leff gripped a miniature star. "Clustering wishes will bring rest to these lost souls as a new shining star! Become the light that shines over them! My very soul, Zohär Holäh!" And she flung the star into the middle of the room with Eris. It blasted out cancerous rays of light that caused a little over half of the present revenants, one of which was severely injured by Sirthis, to scream in pain.
    Mávro fired three beams of crackling grey energy at the same target as Sirthis, blowing its knees off. As it crawled toward Eris, she conjured a great spectral beak that stabbed down into its spine. With a final convulsion in Leff's burning star, it collapsed, unmoving as it slowly turned to dust.

Six of the revenants surrounded Eris and began punching into her with their fists, their weapons long since rotted and rusted into uselessness. They punched into her again and again, many of their blows bouncing off of her armor but most sinking in.

The remaining five exited the chamber and one pointed directly at Leflabah. All five started surrounding her and punching at her as well. However, in their rage they lost precision and her shield rebuffed all of the attacks that had a chance of getting through her armor.

Spoiler: DAMAGE
    Show
    Eris takes a total of 73 bludgeoning damage.

And they could not roll above an 11 to hit Leff so she is safe.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

"I'm fine by myself! Worry about those outside!" Eris told the others, sword blazing through the revenants.

Aklah shrieked angrily at seeing both her mothers be attacked, and dove on the ones swarming Leff clawing at them and stinging them with poison.

Sirthis got on Briar, backing off prudently.
    "Unlikely, but they might've inherited the mummy's or the room's diseases- try not to be cut?" he suggested firing more beams at those fighting Leff and whipping them into shape.

Show
    Eris will Reckless Attack and keep tanking the hits.
    29 to hit, 18+6+5
    32 to hit, 18+8+5
    18 to hit, 21+5+5
    15 to hit, 20+7+5 slashing+radiant+necrotic

Aklak will, predictably, attack those on Leff
    20 to hit, 15+28 piercing+poison (DC 16 Con save to halve poison damage)
    9 to hit, 12 slashing

Sirthis will mount Briar and Disengage, moving like... 5 feet farther only. Enough to make sure he doesn't have disadvantage on ranged attacks.
    Then Eldritch Blast+Spiritual Weapon on those against Leff.
    Crit for 15
    21 to hit, 14
    27 to hit, 16
    22 to hit, 8
    13 to hit, 18 force damage

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

"I wasn't planning on letting them hit me, but I'll be extra careful now!" Leff told him.
    Eris focused down one fighter, cutting into its spine, its neck, and one arm, but it didn't even seem to care. It was undeterred... until the light from Leff's star intensified and blasted it into ash. Two others of those around Eris found their bodies diminished by Leff's star, though the light didn't reach those outside.

"I think they targeted me because I'm a Genasi," Leff considered, lifting her shield and keeping it between her and the enemies.

Eris's tail sank into the neck of one of those fighting Leff, but the venom pumped into it didn't seem to do anything. Sirthis blasted Aklah's target, but even their combined tenacity could not take down the determined guardian.

Mávro's spectral beak dug into one of those fighting Eris, stabbing into its back, but she otherwise obeyed the tiefling and shot at the same enemy as Sirthis, finally finishing it off.

Inside, the revenants continued to punch at Eris, their trained fists taking advantage of the lowering of Eris's guard. Outside, the Revenants ignored Leff's increased defenses and attacked her anyway, not one of the four landing a damaging blow onto the Genasi.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Leff dodges. Eris takes 81 bludgeoning damage.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

"I was a revenant too!" Eris pushed back against the incoming attacks unflinching, cutting through the revenants one at a time "I will not be felled with these puny attacks!"

Aklah, seeing the poison wouldn't work, resolved to tearing the dragonborns apart with her claws.

"Let me call a bit more muscl- really? Venomous spirits? Eh, I'll make them be enough" Sirthis shrugged as the giant spiders came to his command and sent them after the same dragonborns Aklah was attacking, pitching in with a spiritual attack of his own.

Show
    Eris! Retaliation+Reckless Attack! She still looks substantially fine.
    32 to hit, 19+1+5
    Crit for 34+8+5
    19 to hit, 19+4+5
    19 to hit, 19+7+5 slashing+radiant+necrotic
    The last attack is the retaliation. Focusing those whose body looks destroyed the most I guess

Aklah will keep clawing at a dragonborn
    23 to hit, 13
    23 to hit, 13 slashing

Giant Spiders and Spiritual Weapon possibly on the same target as Aklah
    8 to hit, 9
    8 to hit, 5
    15 to hit, 5
    18 to hit, 9 all piercing damage
    18 to hit, 16 force damage

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Eris tore through one more revenant, leaving only four, none of which resisted Leff's cancerous rays of light as they intensified from the golden furnace yet again.

Sirthis and Aklah focused fire on another revenant and ripped it to pieces. Leff kept up her defense, as the guardians were all helpfully focused on her. Only three remained as Mávro continued attacking, her blasts dealing light damage split between those Eris was fighting and those Leff was holding off.

Despite the openings Eris left, very few of the attacks made it through her armor. Leff's luck, meanwhile, seemed to run out as three punches made it past her defenses and left dents in her armor with the superhuman strength of the mummified guardians.

Show
    Eris takes 34 bludgeoning. Leff takes 28.
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

"You alright Leff!?" Eris asked uncaring of her own wounds as she kept tearing through the revenants "Was I this much of an hassle!?" she lamented, used to enemies dying rapidly.

Aklah, Sirthis and the spiders kept biting, cutting, whipping and blasting the revenants on Leff- Sirthis seemed... Actually having fun.
    "Sometimes it's nice to just sit back and blast over and over again, you know?"
    Not that Leff could understand that at the moment.

Show
    You know the routine.

Eris! Reckless!
    15 to hit, 21+3+5
    29 to hit, 18+7+5
    32 to hit, 21+4+5
    25 to hit, 19+6+5 all slashing+radiant+necrotic damage

Aklah! Claws!
    23 to hit, 18
    21 to hit, 11 all slashing damage

Spiders! Bites!
    23 to hit, 13
    24 to hit, 8
    12 to hit, 8
    6 to hit, 7 all piercing damage

Sirthis! EB and Spiritual Weapon!
    13 to hit, 11
    20 to hit, 8
    25 to hit, 8
    22 to hit, 14
    15 to hit, 15 all force damage

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    At this point I think I'll go ahead and go into narration. These things aren't really a threat.

In an onslaught of blade, blast, and golden light, the revenants became ash. Leff breathed in and out as she let her star die. "How did this tomb even get in here?"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

"Maybe the tomb ended up attached here as a result of Abeir falling back on Toril" Eris imagined "We can expect a lot of stuff to show up around Toril as the four planes join back together. Either that or Takadox stole a building- or she moved in and just left this room be while rebuilding the rest, but I liked my first choice the best" she walked up to Leff and gave her a big kiss "I think they targeted you because you're an awesome Genasi' she corrected her.

"You think the air's good now?" Sirthis asked, checking the room out from outside.

Show
    Anything that looks relatively light and precious? Anything heavy or that takes time to load will be left behind at least for now.

Sirthis is looking from outside the room.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    The various gold artifacts seem pretty heavy.

"No, I mean they were probably at war with..." Leff got kissed and pulled herself tight against Eris. "What was I saying?"
    She looked pretty banged up.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

That the dragonborns were at war with" then Eris kissed Leff again "Exact words"

"Yeah uhm could I heal your wife please?" Sirthis spoke up "I can't do anything if every time I try you slather yourselves all over each other. Not that I mind"

Show
    I don't know how hurt she is so let's go with a Cure Wounds lv.5 for 52 hp.

Toss homewever many Greatberries she'll eat (4 hp each) and let's see how she's feeling afterwards.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Leff held up a hand. "Sirthis, you're being gross. I'll be fine. After Regenerate wears off on Eris and Aklah I'll cast it on Eris and myself, that way it will last for many rooms."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

"As if you couldn't be hurt before their Regenerate runs out. Suit yourself" Sirthis shrugged "Let's go then. That stuff is way too big for a 'quick' haul"

"Give me a moment, I need to check something" Eris went back into the room and checked the sarcophagus out.

Show
    Did the air go back to normal? If not is there anything in the sarcophagus that could be emitting it?

Or on the mummy corpse?

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Eris saw that the mummy was holding nothing, but had a gold scarab pendant around its neck. Well, on the floor now. The poison seemed to have gathered at the floor, spent.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

"Room seems to be enterable now" Eris said, picking the golden scarab up "Well, without being hurt by whatever was in the air. Found this though" she walked back out "We can examine it later, should be valuable. Anyway" she put the golden pendant away, then restarted leading the group- since the stone door was a dead end she went the other way to the intersection, taking the left side at the fork.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

They came to another split – a long hallway with a door at the end on the right, and the path continuing forward before splitting off to the left.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

"Let's check out that door" Eris said going down the right hallway "But if there's yet another battle I'm done opening doors"

Show
    I'm suspicious. Perception check to reveal traps as they go down that way?

(1d20+5)[12]
    Only Eris because everybody else is following at ten feet distance. I figure any trap she doesn't see will blow in her face beforehand.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Eris opened up the door, then vanished.

Sirthis and Leflabah were left looking into a massive room filled with what looked like hundreds of zombies of genasi, led by ten Wights with sallow scales leftover from their lives as dragonborn.

Show
    Leff will keep Regenerate active on Eris, not Aklah, cuz she doesn't know what's going on with Eris.

Eris, after opening the door, suddenly found herself in the middle of a large, circular, solid iron chamber. She wasn't alone, though. She was surrounded on four sides. In front of her was a huge blue dragon. Behind her, to her right, and to her left were what looked like... giant dragonborn with wings? Or a half-ogre, half-dragon.

Show
    It's initiative. (4d20)[19][15][19][13](66)
    Show

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    There was yet another battle.

Eris (1d20+3)[16] adv. (1d20+3)[12]
    Sirthis (1d20+11)[25]
    Aklah (1d20)[4]

Not sure if the Initiatives of Not!Eris are relevant.

Eris widened her eyes, then narrowed them with resolve.
    "This won't stop me"

Sirthis blinked "Uuuuhm Leflabah? Eris disappeared"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Well, there's the zombies and wights that are attacking.
    All the heroes and then all the undead I've decided arbitrarily.

Leff ran up to where Eris vanished and gasped at all the undead, looking frantically around. "I don't see where she went, we'll find her soon! For now we've got this to deal with!" And she erupted into golden fire.
    Mávro made ready to blast any undead that made it through Leff's barrier of golden heat.

Spoiler
    Show
    I need two DEX saves from Eris.
    (12d8)[69]
    (12d10)[59]

The dragon and one of the dragon opens opened their mouths, inhaled, and with a KRACKOW bolts of lightning shot from their mouths at Eris. They otherwise remained where they were.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

"Maybe leave the undeads to me and worry about Eris" Sirthis suggested mounting Briar- without a second thought he flew right into the undead lines, clutching Sune's symbol.
    "Let's see if I can emulate that trick!" and a wave of divine might erupted from him, washing over the small undead army.

Aklah meanwhile picked the nearest wight, having been left to herself, and clawed angrily into it for taking away her mother.

Show
    Sirthis will fly at least 30 feet past the line of the zombies, preferably a couple more, staying as low as possible. Then he will Turn Undead: every undead in a 30 feet radius needs to make a Wis save against DC 19 or be turned.
    Every undead who's CR is equal or lower then 4 is istantly destroyed upon failing the save.

Briar will Disengage.

They will afterwards stay on the ground in the hope that the undeads swarm them, gathering for an helpful second burst.

Aklah meanwhile will attack a wight if possible without provoking AoOs (80 feet speed).
    Crit for 26 slashing damage
    23 to hit, 9 slashing damage

Eris revolved on herself, the lightning only grazing her- then she took out one of the Speed potions, downing it in a blink and her movements sped up a ridicolous amount and immediately she was downing a second potion, the lightning resistance one, while making aggressive eye contact with the blue dragon. She then flew in his face roaring "I will crash all of you! Mark my words!"

Show
    You know her turn, right?

Drink potion of Speed for Haste, potion of Lightning Resistance with the additional action, then fly in the dragon's face with her new improved mobility. Finish the turn with a Rage.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

Sirthis felt pure beauty radiating out from him over the undead. They stared at him, then started shuddering... shaking... like there was an earthquake inside of them. After another rumbling, they burst, bones snapping as they imploded, leaving only nine zombies standing that Aklah started going for, shredding through one and cutting into another. Mávro joined in firing on them, and the remaining zombies shambled up to be beneath Sirthis, clawing at him stupidly as the Wights controlling them were gone.

Leff nodded and turned down to the floor that Eris had stepped on to open the door. "Hadrackah."

Spoiler: ARCANA
    Show
    (1d20+11)[28]+(1d4)[4]

Two more DEX saves Eris
    (12d8)[51]
    (12d8)[52]

Eris felt two more lightning bolts firing on her.
    "You fools! She's resistant now, you're doing almost nothing!" And the first of the ogres ran up to get behind her. The dragon, however, clawed and bit at her.

Spoiler: Damage
    Show
    Bite. Melee Weapon Attack: +12 to hit, reach 10 ft., one target. Hit: 18 (2d10 + 7) piercing damage plus 5 (1d10) lightning damage.
    (1d20+12)[32]; (2d10+7)[19]+(1d10)[6]

Claw. Melee Weapon Attack: +12 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 14 (2d6 + 7) slashing damage.
    (1d20+12)[32]; (2d6+7)[11]
    (1d20+12)[21]; (2d6+7)[12]
    Show