New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What? The World needs saving AGAIN? IC Thread 10

"Nothing" Eris mentioned simply- she was, perhaps understandably, not too keen on talking right now. Her gaze stayed fixed on Leff's corpse and Sirthis' hand on her, the cleric holding his Sune symbol with the other hand to channel divine light through it and down into Leff.

"Leff... Hugged me... After I died..." she struggled for more words then, first ones she offered without being prompted "I... Want... To do the same..." and hopefully this time they would be hugging without one of them being an undead.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Malyanna's diamond took on a rosy hue in Sirthis's hand as healing light bled through and shone over Leff's body. Though there was an hour of wait, no one was in the mood for looting, except possibly Malyanna who was using Anna as a duplicate to get to the egg and conceal it with magic.

Leff's magic, still in Eris, Sirthis and Aklah's system, healed them completely as they watched her wounds superficially heal and, after an hour, heard a pained groan from the genasi's scratchy throat.
    Mávro leaned down and put a hand over Leff's back. Black lightning sizzled through her, becoming white dust as it left her hand. As Mávro grunted in pain, Leff's more horrible injuries sealed up, keeping her stable even as her groans continued.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Eris joined Mávro into healing Leff with her paladin's touch while Sirthis put his Symbol away for his druidic bells- at the ringing of the bells he called "Quinaire, Quonarie and Quanaire, come! There's a job for you!" and he touched Leff's body, three ephemeral green builder wasps springing into existence at his command. They got to work rapidly as they started rebuilding Leff's body- it was nothing those three little spirits couldn't handle.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Eris will dose Lay on Hands on Leff until all her healing is used up (75 hp) while Sirthis casts Regenerate.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-21 at 10:25 AM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Leff's eyes and mouth started working as she stared at Eris. "Er... ughh..." she groaned as the wasps worked their way across her body. The process looked painful, but Leff kept staring at Eris, breathing in and out carefully, remaining still like a good patient until her body had been knitted back together or regrown.
    With Eris's help, Leff stood up and held her wife close in a tight hug. Leff cried, gripping Eris, her body shaking against her wife's.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Eris held Leff thight, kissing her cheek and tears now that her heart was back in its place- she felt like her breath had finally returned. She cried tears of joy, though she had been crying until now so the difference was hard to note.

"Welcome back...Leflabah Lelahinn" she whispered and with her tail she nudged Aklah to pull their daughter into the family hug too, stroking Leff's hair lovingly.

Sirthis cleared his throat.
    "Water" and just held up his waterskin, patiently waiting since he figured Leff right now wanted Eris more then she wanted liquids.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah started licking Leff, her throat rustling in joy.
    "Hey... there’s my brave girl." Leff’s words came out weak, but clear. "Both my dragon slayers."

Sirthis got a Sending through his earring. It wasn’t Mab. It was
    "La! La! Lalala!"
    Show

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

"You were a hero, Leff" Eris kissed her cheek, then looked around to make sure Malyanna (the real one) wasn't near and whispered "Malyanna was panicking at the idea that you weren't coming back. I..." she glanced at Takadox's corpse "I... Only saw red until Sirthis said he could bring you back. But nobody will hurt you again today- in fact, I think a long and relaxing time at home is due for us" Eris smiled at Leff "Our home with our family"

Sirthis stifled a chuckle from the Sending, thinking this was really not the time for that.

Hey Cleph, stole Mommy's earring did you? Good girl. I'll be back soon, you know!

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Leff looked at Malyanna, then noted her forehead. "I'd like that," she said. "Aklah, you've been a wonderful girl but there's nothing to worry about. Why don't you go eat that dragon?" Leff pointed at Takadox. The words "eat" and "dragon" registered in Aklah's brain, but she looked at Eris first.

Ma-ma! Cleph recognized one word there. Sirthis got a new Sending.
    I have secured the egg. If you come to me we could put it into a Demiplane that you could access from the Fortress. Mine is already open for treasure which we can split later.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

"Go eat dragon, Aklah" Eris nodded "Leave mommy in other mommy's hands" she stroked Leff's hair giving her some more kisses.

Yes, Mama! What about A-li-fa? Sirthis Sent, straining to keep the two sendings separated as he replied to the second I can't access Demiplanes, Malyanna. But aside from that it sounds good- where are you? Inside the currently opened Demiplane? he left the flask by Eris' and Leff's feet, stretching.

"No offense meant but I think I'll take a small share of the hoard and leave now- By the way, we've left tons of stuff behind. This dungeon is choke full of treasure"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-21 at 12:08 PM.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Aklah licked Leff one more time and went up to Takadox's heart, eating.
    Leff kept holding Eris, almost limp in her arms. "Love you."

"Of course," Trinuma said. "This is... plenty, for my and mine's afterlives. After a century of guarding it, I shall eat of this hoard and then challenge Tiamat herself."

Líf! Leeeef! Líf!
    No, I couldn't drag the egg there on my own. If you can get the dragons out of the way my Glabrezu can come get it and move it.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Eris kissed Leff gently, smiling.
    "Love you, forever"

Yes! Lif! Lif! to Clephesia.

To Malyanna instead he replied Right, Plane Shifting to Demiplanes works. Anyway I think I might distract the dragons and either Polymorph it into something else or Plane Shift it.

"Uh, didn't you say there was a specific weapon you were interested in Eris?" Sirthis asked.

"Mh? Yes. I think. Supposedly there is a very powerful weapon different from Tulgither's sentient weapons- but I heard about it in the future. It might not be here at this time"

Sirthis looked at the giant amount of treasure to check "Uuuuhm maybe we'd need the dragons' help to scour this place to find a very specific weapon. Could you?" he looked at them for help.

Show
    If they are distracted Sirthis can try to sneak off and go find the egg, at least.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Leff rested her head on Eris's shoulder. "Hold me forever?" She asked.

Sirthis heard a giggle. Lif! Lif!

Right, great.

"We are going to have to scour this hoard soon enough," Trinuma said. "We may as well start. To begin... those three. Enemies?"

The three dragon ogres had finished off the skeletons and kind of hidden behind a pillar when the three metallic dragons came in.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Eris held Leff tighter "Of course"
    If it's forever she needed to start already.

"No, they are friends. They accepted to join us in exchange for freedom and a better home- you missed them fighting on our side" she assured Trinuma then smiled over at the half-dragons and waved at them "I ran out of Tongues so I can't exactly tell them you aren't going to hurt them"

Sirthis meanwhile started searching, while also heading slowly towards the room Takadox said the egg was in.

Show
    Detect Magic. Despite wanting to arrive at the egg Sirthis is actually interested in what he can find, though he mostly cares about cold hard cash because he needs money for spell components and buying stuff.

Maybe I got you a sister. Another one. I don't suppose you can get mommy on the earring my sweet daughter, uh?

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Leff said something to them in Draconic. "They know. They're a bit shy around dragons, though."

Sirthis found magic under the platinum coins. There was something of a bracer around Takadox's tail. He also spotted magic on two mirrors – one that seemed to be made of pearl, the other obsidian. Tulgither had gathered his sentient weapons as well – the (broken?) dagger of warning, the chilling tempt-axe, and of course Bonesaw "THROUGH THE BONE! OH YEAAAAAAAH!"

There was a weapons rack with a collection of non-sentient weapons that tinged with magic, and he also found a ring and bronze shield that pinged detect magic.

Ma! Ma! Ma-ma! Clephesia Sent, which of course translated to "wait an hour for her to attune again!"
    Show

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh gods sensory overload. Right- Takadox has a magic item on the tail" Sirthis pointed at the items as he mentioned them "Those two mirrors. That shield. Those weapons. That ring. That shield- all under the platinum coins" he went to check the room where the egg was supposed to be.

Eris looked at the rack of weapons "Mávro, think you can check those weapons out? See what they do? Oh and... Thank you for everything" Eris reached to squeeze her hand while her tail wrapped around Leff in substitution "Even if I wasn't reacting I could feel you"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-21 at 02:28 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

Mávro nodded. "Of course." She smiled to Eris and went over to the weapons with her pearl.
    "I... I should help her, right?"
    "No!" Mávro called over in strained common. "Hold you... your... wife!"

Sirthis found himself ankle-deep in dead Hydra, with Malyanna sitting happily next to an egg with a protective layer of what resembled scales. They even had spikes.
    "I thought I'd never get you to myself,"
    Malyanna said.
    "How is home life?"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

"What you should do is stay here in my arms and lament if I don't show enough affection" Eris insisted and smooched Leff before she could reply "Rest, you're the patient right now. You might need to make disks or a Circle later anyway"

That second sentence came out pretty weird since Eris hadn't pulled her lips away to speak.

"Uuuuuh this an hydra? I only red of them until now" Sirthis whistled then smiled at Malyanna, flying over to her side "All good. I actually have my daughter chatting me in my ear- well, for as much as she can. Right now she can just repeat a sillable" he turned to the egg "I should see if I can Shift this into your Demiplane so we don't have to worry about anything but ourselves- your demons won't attack it on sight, will they?"

Speaking of which, he realized he hadn't replied to Cleph.
    You're the prettiest! Sorry, Lala was distracted.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

"Wha?" Leff asked, but forgot what she was saying and focused on kissing Eris.

Sirthis didn't get a reply from Cleph – probably Mab had taken the earring back.
    Malyanna shook her head. "My homunculus is there to instruct them. They're to obey it as my second in command for... oh, another four months."
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

"Good- and thank you. Leflabah's all good now by the way" Sirthis tried to touch the egg without getting punctured before Plane Shifting it to Malyanna's Demiplane.

Show
    It(she?) Can't make the save.

Eris is not going to change her current course of action until somebody asks for her attention.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Relief was evident in Malyanna's eyes, but she shrugged. "Good for her. Find any good loot?"
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, it's full of stuff. Wether it's good or not needs to be seen but with a rapid sweep I found two mirrors, a ring, a shield, many weapons and something Takadox wore herself- all magical" Sirthis smiled and wrapped his arms around Maly "But the greatest and most magical loot is right here" he leaned in to kiss her.

"Gotta check treasure for traps and lips are the best way"
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-21 at 03:46 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

"Can't hurt to check again."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Alright. So to sort of wrap this up:

The weapons on the rack are all just +2. There's one of all the types of sword, a glaive, and three javelins.

The ring is a Ring of Shooting Stars.

The shield is an Animated Shield.

The bracer (attunement required) gives the wearer the ability to cast "death ward" once per day. While warded if they would kill exactly one creature instantly with massive damage Death Ward can't stop it.

The mirrors are a matching set. They can scry on each other, audibly and visually, three times per day collectively. Essentially they're a video call. They blink the color of the other one (white on the obsidian, black on the pearl) when someone on the other end is trying to contact you.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

"There's a spinning wheel with a pedestal on top right outside this room and nothing on it- I want to examine it more in detail" Eris told the dragons lifting Leff in her arms "It's just weird, you know?"

Show
    When she gets there Eris will inspect it with Detect Magic.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-06-21 at 04:26 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

It wasn't spinning when Eris went back. It had transmutation magic on it.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh. It... Stopped?" Eris frowned and looked at the way back "...maybe that's what was activating the stone wall over the door. Can you Identify the pedestal, Mávro?" she asked her tapping it with her tail to make sure it didn't hurt on contact.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Mávro stepped up to the pedestal and after eleven minutes said "it powers the lock on the door."
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Titan in the Playground

"Close enough" Eris shrugged.

Show
    Alright, that's done.

If Leff or someone has some empty containers Eris will gather some pieces of skin and some blood of Takadox for Polly to do whatever. Eris doesn't want to know details.

Otherwise everything I've told you on Discord and they can go home! Malyanna's welcomed if she wants to go back with the Lelahinns.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Mávro informed Eris that Polly wanted an eye or two. Aklah was pretty full by the time they were ready to go, and soon they were back in Baldur's Gate, Dahlia helping them load up and get their coin back to Fortune's Wind. Delilah had dinner ready for the whole party, and Sirthis came into the dining room to a hug from his mother.

"Oh, right. That's why I was looking for you," Malyanna mentioned.

Spoiler
    Show
    100 coins per Floating Disk, so 600 platinum coins + magic stuff + Let's say... another 600 platinum worth of gems sound good?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Eris didn't have any issue with taking Takadox's eyes, carefully wrapping them in order to reduce potential damage as best as possible.

When they finally got back Eris gave word to set up lodgings for the bigger half-dragons, and hurriedly handed the squishy and ugly Takadox remains to Polly.

"Ahwwww Maly did you bring them here?" Sirthis asked and hugged his mother, kissing her cheek "Missed you. I've been awfully busy in these days" he looked on to make sure the whole family was there.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Titan in the Playground

"No, they showed up earlier today. Said Marû had requested a druid for Fortune's Wind."

Polly squeed taking the eye and ran off to her lab immediately.
    Show