New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1336
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: World of Warcraft - Interbellum (OOC Thread)

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Oh crap, I haven't responded! I'll do that tonight.

I dunno. Everyone in my classic guild was going crazy over the cinematic. I watched it and was just like, meh? Warcraft Jesse Pinkman having a whinge he was used for evil, Thrall trying to cheer him up and some mental woo? I dunno, it wasn't for me I guess hah.
    How dare you, that's my son.

I guess I like dramatic scenes more than you do! Anduin has excellent reasons to be traumatized, and I love tragic stuff. The music, and Thrall back in fine form - the shoulders, the braids - in keeping with the return of Chris Metzen to the head of the table. It's fun.

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Titan in the Playground

I know some of us are narratively really badmouthing Mor'Lag...

But yeah, I guess it's hard to understand the ogre's perspective and whatnot. Should Isaera come face to face with the scourge that killed her family, she would probably feel the same way.

But yes! Still good roleplaying on the part of Feathersnow.. and the ridicule is the price of that VP.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh it's totally IC, not an iota meant as OOC hostility! Please Feather understand it's purely role playing.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Woo, a big ol' double post as the night proceeds! You may react to as much of that as you like for RP's sake; but if you decide not to post at all, please let us know here so I'm not left wondering.

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Cool, new story bits! I will make a quick post then update it a bit later

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Sorry I was missing these past two weeks. I guess Mor'Lag was sulking and missed the big announcement.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Sorry I was missing these past two weeks. I guess Mor'Lag was sulking and missed the big announcement.
    That's up to you! There's enough hubbub after it that she could wander back in and catch up quickly enough. But also, no pressure, I know you're busy right now. Looking forward to having you back when we can.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Ok I am alive and am pushing myself to overcome my depression. If I don't post soon, assume Mor'Lag persisted in sulking
    GNU Terry Pratchett

9. - Top - End - #1299

DruidGuy

I noticed a roll for Bertelis' mental state: is that for a different game?

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

That is, yes. Sorry, this was my first game here that required a roller but I use it to throw in rolls from all my games rather than have 6 different roller threads I'm keeping alive in there.

I will advance the scene some this weekend!

11. - Top - End - #1301
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Well... It wasn't that weekend... but I'm squeaking it in at the end of the year.

All I can do is apologize again. I appreciate your toleration, guys. My excuse is lame - I sort of found myself the Admin for the Discord of Lava Lash, the main RP server in the current Season of Discovery expansion of WoW. I thought we'd get like 40 members and then I'd give it up and merge it with someone else's discord; but somehow there's like 600 people in there now and I'm anxious about trying to make it.. accommodating and helpful, and it stole much of my attention, and made it easy to rationalize neglecting my posts here. Sorry.

Are you guys all still around? Merry Christmas and Happy New Year, by the way!

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Titan in the Playground

Oh wow, a discord mod? Sounds worse than herding cats.

Well thanks for the new years present.

13. - Top - End - #1303
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by WindStruck View Post
    Oh wow, a discord mod? Sounds worse than herding cats.

Well thanks for the new years present.
    It's been pretty hairy, that's for sure. :D

Some forum dysfunction has come and gone, but I'm holding off on posting again in case Marion and Jakk'ari intend to post. I know BananaPhone has been having some time scarcity, and I'm trying to get back into my own post rhythm here. But... consider this a bump.

Feathersnow, you make me feel very sad for Mor'Lag when you post about their loneliness and loss. Which is good, because I life feeling sad from stories, so keep doing that. :)

And Windstruck! I tried REALLY hard to finesse you into giving Shandara a mask like the other elves and to create the elven cinderella moment I'd been angling to set up since I concocted that flim-flam about needing an especially plain dress for the base of an illusion spell. But you thwarted me. You thwarted me! There's only so much I can do without railroading directly. :D So now she withdraws in good order and everyone she me knew it was her, instead of having mysterious notions of the Quel'dorei mystery dancer who vanished at midnight. Now they'll know where to send their fan mail; I hope you're happy. :D

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I have been shameful in how long it took me to realise I owe a post to this game!
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MrAbdiel View Post
    And Windstruck! I tried REALLY hard to finesse you into giving Shandara a mask like the other elves and to create the elven cinderella moment I'd been angling to set up since I concocted that flim-flam about needing an especially plain dress for the base of an illusion spell. But you thwarted me. You thwarted me! There's only so much I can do without railroading directly. :D So now she withdraws in good order and everyone she me knew it was her, instead of having mysterious notions of the Quel'dorei mystery dancer who vanished at midnight. Now they'll know where to send their fan mail; I hope you're happy. :D
    Firstly, you probably meant Isaera, not Shandara.

Second! I had no idea what you were planning on doing... You know what probably would have worked? The night before when she talked with the others, Zalael brings up the thing about masks and conspires so that they can know who's wearing what mask.

But in any case! Isaera's probably going to have to live with a little bit of shame being caught out in a very plain dress briefly. But only briefly. I will still humbly accept my fan mail and coronation as queen of the Armistice Ball!

16. - Top - End - #1306
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Dammit, mixing up my Windstruck elves. Isaera, Isaera, Isaera!

Haha, I’ll consider this a lesson for the next time i scheme. As for queen of the ball… well, perhaps no one will know; since the ceremony got terminated and the golden envelope abandoned!

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ill post this evening. I had half a post but a windows upgrade attempt ate it.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-01-27 at 12:15 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1308

DruidGuy

Sorry for not posting recently, forgot about the game for a little bit. All the holidays and professional sports broadcasting didn't help either. I'll post soon.
    Playing as Hercules in Marvel Cortex Game
    Playing as Jakk'ari in WOW M&M
    Playing as Dr. Kalispell Hagerty in SCP M&M
    Playing as Tavaris in the Crystal Cult

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by BananaPhone View Post
    Ill post this evening. I had half a post but a windows upgrade attempt ate it.
    Boo winders. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Plaids View Post
    Sorry for not posting recently, forgot about the game for a little bit. All the holidays and professional sports broadcasting didn't help either. I'll post soon.
    No worries!

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'll let WindStruck decide if Marion catches up with Isaera or not. If not, Ms Mars will return to the rendezvous tent.
    Last edited by BananaPhone; 2024-02-04 at 10:06 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I hadn't really expected everyone to already be back at their tents and out of the party by time Isaera changed her outfit. At this rate, I might as well have just fled back to our little meeting spot!

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Titan in the Playground

I'm assuming Marion is speaking to Isaera after she's changed into the dress more appropriate for the ball?

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm assuming Marion is speaking to Isaera after she's changed into the dress more appropriate for the ball?
    That was my assumption as well .

24. - Top - End - #1314
    Titan in the Playground

There is a priest class in the tent where Isaera is at, right?

Are they able to help Matthean recover from that awful nose job? I don't mean with just an ice pack, I mean actual divine healing and whatnot?

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

There is a priest class in the tent where Isaera is at, right?

Are they able to help Matthean recover from that awful nose job? I don't mean with just an ice pack, I mean actual divine healing and whatnot?
    Hm. I think I'm going to have to assume yes...

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Woop! Sorry, I meant to reply but the site’s still haywire and it slipped my task order. They don’t have a healer in that tent, though you can reasonably assume they can sort that out for themselves over a longer timescale. Potions and whatnots. But as far as immediate relief goes, no, he’s just going to have to cop the broken schnozz.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Just checking in guys. I think I know everyone's still active, but our thread sort of dropped under the radar - the choppy instability of the website doesn't help.

I think Jakkari might be up, mostly, to translate for Roshorn just briefly, but you can take this as an opportunity for a little quest: strike out into Aszhara and find what has become of the Winterspring chapter of the Opal Collocation.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Yeah. I hope to continue, but I've had... a rough month. On top of that, the state of the forum has led to me not being online as much as I was.
    GNU Terry Pratchett

29. - Top - End - #1319
    Ettin in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Feathersnow View Post
    Yeah. I hope to continue, but I've had... a rough month. On top of that, the state of the forum has led to me not being online as much as I was.
    You’ve been having rough months for a while, Feather. I know the well wishes of a distant internet nerd friend isn’t worth a hill of beans in terms of actual help, but… well. I hope things start trending up and staying that way, for you.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Seconding the well wishes towards you Feathersnow, I hope things get better for you IRL .

I too must confess I've been lax in replying. Marion is having a slight sook and is feeling sassy as a result.