Spoiler: STAT BLOCK
    Show
    Rosiwyn Billowcloak
    HP: 12 | CURRENT: 52 | AC: 20 | TOUCH: 9 | FLAT: 19
    INITIATIVE: +1 | SPOT: +9 | LISTEN: +13 | FORTITUDE:
    +5 | REFLEX: +4 | WILL: +3
    ACTIVE EFFECTS: None.
    CONDITIONS: None.

"Well, that was weird," the Rosidragon giggles, and isn’t that an odd sound coming from such a massive beast. Not really all that curious about the items left behind by the melting carcass – not like she can really make much use of them, right? – she stays well away from the foul-smelling stone and turns her attention to the latest two documents that hit the ground. Telekinetically lifting them to eye level, she sees if they have anything interesting to say.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Dungeon of Strangeness

They are no mental responses. hard to say how that exactly worked in the first place. Though you're experiences with tentacled horses are probably more numerous than the usual adventuring group you don't seem to get a response.

------------- Two Floating Documents -------------

"Remember to cipher this. The latest batch included some interesting individuals. Perhaps we can get our funds to good use, finally finding out why some people can go toe to toe with a beholder and some not. The batch included the following."

"An immaterial musician. Reminder to put it in special cell. Test the wards."

"A muscular, hairy Lumberjack. Rumored to be a substantial help towards adventurers. Plant some trees."

"A swordsman with a very intelligent snake. Perhaps some kind of spellsword? Get more antimagic dust."

"A rogue, a cutpurse, probably even a bum of a woman with a otherwordly aura. Remember to not give spoons!"

------------- Loot! -----------

The chest is closed. However after some try and error you eventually get it open and you see a piece of paper labeled with FUNDS. Under that are all adventurers best friend. Yes you're right it's "Easily tradable gemstm" with a lot of additional coins. Containing up to

5000 Gold, 500 silver, and 300 Copper coins.

A lot of the other cupboards are filled with documents. Some seems to be in a cipher, letters in common that at the first sign don't make ANY sense. Some are in plain common, some bureucratic endeavor to take the costs and the profits of that place in order which fills an entire cupboard and it's cost are down to the last copper piece.

The remnants of the desk have some spilled ink, some parchments, a weird red button that isn't labeled.

If the remnants of the Manager (mainly the robe) is even touched unvolantarily it's effect is somehow communicated towards you.

- Protects like a Chain Shirt (+4 armor Bonus to AC)
    - If you are posessed or controlled inside the facility you release a 1x per day "Protection from neutral" as a full-round action from the robe to yourself to counter the effect
    - Opens and closes all doors in the facility
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

Brushing against the robe, Labs gets to realize it is, basically, the key. Gingerly lifting it out of the puddle of colors, Labs shakes it out once or twice, but it doesn't seem like the gunk will come off. Face scrunching up once again, he reluctantly puts it on, not feeling great about it. "Well, uh, I'll go and get the angel person out of the cage now. Anyone else want to see who else might be stuck here?" A beat and a sigh. "And the fire-handed drow need to go somewhere as well..."

If no one intervenes, Labs goes to free the angel at the very least.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Firbolg in the Playground

Junk, junk, junk, more junk, boring junk aaaand jackpot. Guys. Kalliste cooes, eyeing the contents of the chest. We're freakin' rich. Five. Thousand. Gold. And more. It's beautiful. It's theirs to take. And some, you know, accounting books, if anyone's enough of a bore to be into that, Labs. And a lot o' stuff in code. Anyway… she stands, her eyes (all four of them) on the chest, but then, then the lumberjack's chronic Feed Orphans Syndrome manifests again. Before she could groan, however, Labs makes a further comment, more to her liking. See? I told you they were nice! she closes the chest and turns around. Hey Rosi! Pick that up and let's get, you know, rollin'! Closed doors and burning elves, 'ere we come!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

When the door to the manager opens with Labs mental command you can see the floors like they were before. It seems no one has realized the change in management. When you get towards the angels cell however things are quite a bit different then they were before. The weird tentacled horse nuzzles the tentacled lady. The two healers that you rescued are near the cell of the angel and they, very, very, carefully scoop some of the weird gunk that had littered the cell out of it and either prey or cast spells over it, which very slowly seems to make it disappear. Despite the slow pace it seems they have been on it a while.

Someone with the weird handling gear oversees the process. This person is also the first who looks towards you, removing the weird mask contraption it seems it's one of the guys who observed you at first.

"Hi guys! The horse let me out of my cell, because it seems I'm okay? I don't really know what to do to be honest, but I'm willing to go with the flow for the moment if that's alright with you?"

Spoiler: Kalliste
    Show
    It's ZZ!

When the door to the celestial opens the two healers (with one seeming a little pale around the nose, but otherwise alright) Help Labs getting the more than manheight plucked angel out of his cell. They carefully get him out of the gunk and before praying over him to get the rest of the stuff away from him congratulate you. "I guess that means we can get out pretty soon? We take care of him, I must admit I never encountered something like that but I think he will make it. We take care of him for now."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    This get's continued HERE!
    Last edited by Alhallor; 2022-05-02 at 04:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridai View Post
    No no no, not speaking while fighting. Speaking with the fighting!

That rabite monk dive-blobbing you in the face, followed by hooking teeth into your belt and suplexing you is a woefully poorly understood way of remarking on how nice the weather is.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

"Thanks for the help, everyone," Labs says to all the people they meet while going to free the angel.

To ZZ: "Well, I am not opposed to you being free. If you could tell us what other people and beings are stuck in here, that would be helpful. Also how to, well, get the more, well, dangerous people away from here. And preferably somewhere where they won't harm innocent people."

Once the angel is freed, he says to the healers: "If you could help us tend to any wounds someone in this place might have, that would be much appreciated. There are still rooms we haven't been in, and some people might need help. You are, of course, free to go as you like, the manager is no more."

7. - Top - End - #247
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kalliste gives the tentacle horse and the other tentacle thing (this place is weird) a friendly wave, but otherwise, she doesn't feel like she'd like to interrupt… Whatever those two are actually doing. Instead, she strolls in through the door energetically. Before she could poke her nose into the weird muck the formerly distressed healer people are working on, however, the weird mask thing comes off of a certain humanoid and her eyes (all four of them) widen. She quickly reverts back into her normal and less unsettling form, and she darts forward, brushing past Labs as the man delivers his monologue about logistics. ZZ! she squeals, giving the researcher a big tight hug. Did you get my message?she pulls back somewhat, to give ZZ a chance to breathe. And don' mind Labs. Except, you know, for the part with the many thanks. (You folks all did an absolutely wonderful job, we'll be forever in your debt. Fig'ratively speakin'.) And the bit where he, you know, told the other guys that, um, we may have reduced the Manager to an icky puddle.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-03-17 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Â, naturally.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

"Yeah, good job everyone," commented the hexblade.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.