New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Sisters' Chronicles Thread 2: Nobody likes Abadaius

As they met, Boots saw that Ethrindae -and really, all of the group- stood taller, with more confidence, especially the two humans who had never fought a month before. Though nobody was as overjoyed as the elf, Ethrindae smiling wide as she hugged Boots thight and planted a kiss on her lips.
    "I missed you as well" she said "I love you. You look stunning" Ethrindae added after getting a moment to look Boots up and down.

Meanwhile Elwina advanced.
    "Report-" "Yeah yeah whatever I don't really care, I want to watch some love" Fiamma shutted the bard up, Elwina pouting. She seemed aged- less due to the time and more due to the experience, same as her brother.

After a bit Oegh arrived as well, though he didn't seem changed at all.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Boots pulled some diamond dust out of her pouch and threw it over Xvchimeras, pink glittery light shining over him as she did so. Then she kissed Ethrindae again, barely paying attention to what her spell did to the dragonborn.
    "I love you, too. I... I don't know what my relationship with my sister would be like now if you hadn't talked sense into me."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Distant Greater Restoration.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Titan in the Playground

Firaga gasped and burned the diamonds out of the way, before Boots could cure the dragonborn who hissed and jumped back. There was a tense moment, but seeing that nothing bad was happening Ethrindae cleared her throat.

"I believe that was not on purpose" she said "Clephesia, that spell... Is certainly powerful, and it burns away the infection which is what I believe you were doing. But... Upon a creature that doesn't regenerate burning it away will leave them hurting. Or dead, depending on how tough they are and how deeply corrupted they are. It's a costly yet effective weapon, but used to heal is not enough on its own" Ethrindae finished explaining, then kissed her forehead.

"That said, Regenerate would be a way to avoid that" Firaga mentioned. Fiamma and the fiends didn't have any reaction, and while Ronald had gotten a scare the rest of the people present didn't seem to be particularly rattled now that it had been explained. Except Xvchimkx. He was pretty hard to read, but the very narrow danger the dragonborn just avoided seemed to have left him uneasy.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-11-14 at 06:33 PM.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

"...oh." Boots said. "Does... anyone here have Regenerate?" She looked guilty at Xvchimeras. "Sorry, I just wanted to help you."
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

5. - Top - End - #275
    Titan in the Playground

Everybody shook their head. Fiamma asked "What's that?"
    "Mother, you know what that spell does" "No, you do. I look somewhere far away every time you explain a spell I can't use"
    Firaga sighed.

Xvchimkx looked at Boots for a few seconds, then took a deep breath, shrugged, and smiled at her.
    "He's not holding a grudge" Ethrindae reassured Boots "And... Well, we had hoped Queen Fiamma did, but apparently all of her healing magic is... Explosive in nature"
    "Look I can't be bothered with something as slow as Regenerate" "So you know that spell, Mother" "Shut up"

6. - Top - End - #276
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, I'll get it eventually. Sorry for the spook, everyone." Boots leaned on Ethrindae. "Are you... planning a trip soon?"
    Show

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

"That is the plan" Ethrindae nodded "As soon as we have an objective, at least. Right now we have half an idea to visit the elven rulers or search for the lost monastery of the Art of War- either of them promising an alliance against the darklings could be helpful"

"Ehy maybe we can go together! Unless you've got your own adventure?" Elwina asked.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Titan in the Playground

"I actually do have something in mind. Long story short, The Crimson Smile helped me save Alifa from a corrupted ghost, and now I have to help him out by ****ing up a temple of Abadaius." Boots shrugged.
    "Shouldn’t be a problem."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

"That is so much information in so few words" Ethrindae chuckled and tightened her hug "And how soon are you leaving?"

10. - Top - End - #280
    Titan in the Playground

"We don't have any particular time limit," Boots said, wrapping another arm around Ethrindae.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

"In that case" Ethrindae whispered something to Boots which Fiamma heard just fine because she clapped and said "Go ahead, I only need one person to tell me details I couldn't see anyway"

Elwina left.

While Alifa was finishing up Elwina burst into the room and hugged her, yelling "HI!"

Kat jumped back.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Titan in the Playground

Alifa hugged her back. "Hi, Elwina! You seem stronger now." She nodded to Kat. "This is Kat. She's one of the smartest people I've ever met."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

"Hi Kat!" Elwina exclaimed.
    "Hi" Kat replied with much less entusiasm.

"And yes! I have magic now! Alright sure I'm not particularly great at it, but I'm getting there"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, what have you got?" Alifa asked.
    "If you're looking for ideas on what to do with your power, Monarch Nasa and the Lich Queen Serenity are both gearing up for an offensive march to attack the Darklings and hopefully end the Darkrot. You can ask how you can be of help."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

"I can make clouds of bad smell against bad guys that aren't tough- and I can stun enemies that aren't smart. And just break everything with explosive sounds" Elwina said "Or make someone run away playing magically bad. Oh and heal... Then there's making people tell the truth, making others just universally more competent and see invisible creatures. And Ethrindae has been thinking of visiting other populations to try and find more allies!"

16. - Top - End - #286
    Titan in the Playground

"You can let other people see what's invisible?" Alifa confirmed, looking excited.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh, no" Elwina shook her head "Well, not how I think you imagine it. I can conjure harmless fire that coats everything in light and make invisible creatures appear"

18. - Top - End - #288
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, I see," Alifa said. "Me and boots are going to an invisible temple soon and while I can cast See Invisibility, she can't. I should turn Peter into something with echolocation, too."
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

"That makes sense. Well can't Boots make something with echolocation as well?"

Meanwhile Firaga got back.
    "Sorry for the waiting- I'm ready to finish ny spellscribing"

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh… no, I don’t think so. Oh… Tilly could be something like that, maybe." She waved. "Hi, Firaga!"
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

"Hi. I see that Elwina ran to meet you" it didn't look like he was going anywhere with that since he went back to work.

"Yeah, we're great friends!"
    There was a rumble in the volcano and Firaga looked confused.
    "Uh... Weird. Sorry I've got to leave again" he stood up "Mother says that we're to hold a wedding"

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Alifa got out some powdered silver and her court clothes.
    "Yeah, I expected that. I'll be officiating, alright?"
    Show

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

"I... Uh... Sure...?"

Elwina clapped "I can sing!"
    Kat looked utterly lost.

An acceptable amount of time later, while Boots and Ethrindae were not busy doing anything but getting geared up to leave and go find Alifa for Eth's clothes, Alifa had been shown the underground lake- without informing Boots or Eth, Fiamma and Firaga had gathered a few witnesses. Aizu, Estra, the other two feys, the circus members, Kat and Tilly. Foxfire spirits danced while Elwina practiced, flying around the cave giving it a soft orange glow.

A small corridor had been formed as some kind of aisle to wolk, the borders delimitated by rockbed flowers, a special kind of lava flower found within Faerie.

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    Alifa doesn't have to be there, she'd only need to know where Boots and Ethrindae were expected.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-11-15 at 12:00 PM.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Alifa summoned Peter to view the procession and then ran off to meet Boots and Ethrindae en route.
    "Congratulations!" She said to Boots as she wrapped her in a hug. "And Ethrindae, what do you need? And it should go with your red sash because we're not taking those off."
    Last edited by Xihirli; 2021-11-15 at 12:07 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Titan in the Playground

Ethrindae looked surprised "Thank you. I assume Queen Fiamma told you?" she said, then mused over it and added "I want a an azure dress... Something that clings to me" the elf smiled at Boots "I want something that'll make her both want to look at me and not"

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

"Coming right up!" And folded in her arms was a dress with a mesh made of sapphires right outside of it. She passed it over.
    "That will last an hour."
    "Or until it gets damaged," Boots said mischievously.
    Alifa waved and went back to her place.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

"Thank you, it's beautiful" Ethrindae looked around and started changing right there after Alifa had left to save time "Clephesia... Boots... Could you be a dear and find out where we're expected?" she suggested "I can't speak to the foxfires and if Alifa got us a dress there's probably somewhere she's waiting to hold a ceremony"

Spoiler: Ooc
    Show
    or a Ceremony.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Titan in the Playground

"Uh…" she thought she had something more important going on in front of her, but she asked the Foxfires, in polite Auran, where they were expected.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

The foxfires yapped and started flying around the couple, floating away and coming back to lead them towards their destination.
    When Ethrindae was done, other clothes just straight up discarded on the side of the corridor, she held out her arm for Boots to grab.
    "Shall we go?"

Meanwhile Alifa got a Sending. She had been esorted to wait at the end of the flower aisle, the underground lake at her shoulders with Fiamma waiting besides the spot Ethrindae was supposed to stay on and Aizu besides Boots'. Like handmaidens.

Spoiler: Serendipity says
    Show
    Found books. Look like nonsense but Library Guardian said outsiders capable of reading it. Tell me when free to Scry.
    Last edited by Valmark; 2021-11-15 at 02:50 PM.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Titan in the Playground

Boots looped an arm around Ethrindae’s.
    "Gods you’re breathtaking," she breathed. "Yes, let’s go. I’m tired of not being married to you."

Spoiler: Reply
    Show
    I don’t have Scrying, but if you coupd Dream me in… three hours I would appreciate it.

Alifa beamed, excited for the moment that Boots found out she would marry her and Ethrindae.
    She’s going to love it.
    Show