New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Post Trying to find Book 1/2 and Book D?

So I recently got back into re-reading OOTS over from the start - I bought books 1 to 5 (plus -1 and 0) some years ago, and they sat on my bookshelf for aaages, making me feel bad for not reading them all the way through. I've read the first 3 books now, and nearly finished on Book 2. ^^ Loving them sooo much!

But I was wondering, if there is currently anywhere that I can buy both (or either) Book 1/2 and Book D? I've tried the most obvious places after the Ookadook shop - Amazon, eBay - with no luck, apart from one eBay seller who is selling Book D along with 5 of the other books for almost £240, which seems a bit steep (and doubly so as I have those other books already xD)

Any ideas for other places I could try? :)

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: Trying to find Book 1/2 and Book D?

I think both of these are out of print. I don't think there's any official digital copies of Snips Snails and Dragon Tails but the Gumroad store sells digital copies of Good Deeds Gone Unpunished.
    Last edited by Errorname; 2024-05-11 at 11:19 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Here's the link for book 1/2 - https://richburlew.gumroad.com/l/ootsgdgu

Book D is pretty rare these days, and with the other books ij as well, that's actually cheaper than I'd expect. Though please keep in mind that i have zero interest or dealings with anything OotS other than the forums and these are just my own personal thoughts.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 1

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Those books are all going to be hard to find in print. You are basically looking for a used seller at this point.

Book 1 and 2 can be bought in digital form at Gumroad (and IIRC, have a bit of extra commentary beyond the print version, as the digital versions were published years later):
    Book 1: https://richburlew.gumroad.com/l/ootsdcf
    Book 2: https://richburlew.gumroad.com/l/ootsncfpb

Snip Snails and Dragon Tails has never had a digital version, and the print version is long out of print. Hopefully Rich will do a digital version at some point, but that's not the case now. So yeah, you'd just have to look for someone selling a used copy.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's a bit weird that there's no PDF of SS&DT yet - it was being held back because the physical version was exclusive to one retailer, but it's been out of stock/out of print for a while now.

Maybe the Giant is waiting for the Xmas season or somesuch.