New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #511
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [M&M 3e] Defying the Future OOC

Triggered healing (1d20+10)[13]

Resistance DC 27/22 vs. Damage Linked Progressive Impaired/Stunned (roll without Bruise penalties, will be applied afterwards) (1d20+12)[31]

2. - Top - End - #512
    Ogre in the Playground

Helios Triggered Restorative Healing: (1d20+10)[19] Not quite enough to do anything yet
    Last edited by Dorni; 2024-04-09 at 08:07 PM.
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

3. - Top - End - #513
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Spider-Mantis Resistance vs. Damage (DC 25, +10 Perception, +5 Partial Magic Resistance, -5 Weakness, -3 Bruises, -1 Weaken): (1d20+21)[39] Well. Tanks that.

Spider-Mantis Resistance vs. SE Damage (DC 32, +5 Partial Magic Resistance, -3 Bruises, -1 Weaken): (1d20+16)[25] 1 Bruise & Dazed
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-04-10 at 12:35 AM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #514
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler: Some Non-Frightening Rolls
    Show
    (1d20+14)[27]

(1d20+10)[13]
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #515
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Spoiler: And Two More I Forgot
    Show
    (1d20+12)[30]

(1d20+12)[15]
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #516
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

The Raskovnik will Interpose for the first Affliction & Weakens.

Raskovnik Resistance vs. DC 25 (+10 for two-degree Perception): (1d20+24)[42] Full, full resist.

The Spider-Mantis would Interpose for the second Affliction & Weakens... but it was just Compelled to "Stop".

Manchineel Resistance vs. DC 25 (+10 for two-degree Perception, -5 for Weakness): (1d20+19)[21] Impaired & Vulnerable, -4 Effect and Resistance. Oh boy.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-04-13 at 12:12 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #517
    Titan in the Playground

So that tagged her. Good.

At this point, there are a few things I'd like to make note of. Not gonna lie, I was not planning or intentionally foreshadowing any of this. Wish I had been. I just realized after my last post that it all basically fit, and so here we go.

Lily's Blight, like most of her offensive powers, is crafted from a foundation of her own cells, specifically her nectar.

Lily's nectar is established as the most efficient of all of her cells in terms of energy storage.

When I had Lily start working on the Blight, I explicitly noted that the time she spent working on it was night time taken by using her Mundane Physiological Immunity to ignore the need for sleep.

Lily has spent the past week agitating her own weaknesses, conducting dangerous experiments on herself, and concealing the details of what she was doing from everyone who knows her so they didn't try to interfere. She has shown a clear willingness to take risks with her own health to maximize her chance of defeating Manchineel.

Lily is long established as showing an interest in the mechanics behind the powers of her teammates.

Most on-screen discussions Lily has had with Helios on the subject of magic have centered around matters of magical energy existing in the world as natural phenomena.

Lily is a scientist. Taking a natural phenomena and exploiting the rules it works by to her benefit is literally her job description.

Lily is imbued with the same Life energy as Raphael had, and has proven highly resistant to pretty much every spiritual attack that's ever been used against her.

Lily has no capability to perceive or manipulate magical energies.
    Corollary: You don't need to be able to perceive something if you already know where it is. You don't need to manipulate something to get it to do what it is already doing.

Lily will not hesitate to reach for any weapon she can find that might give her an advantage over Manchineel.

Manchineel still has one Complication that we know of that I haven't targeted yet.

And Lily is not, in fact, actually a druid.

So, with all that said:

I am spending my last Hero Point to Edit Scene.

Lily did not concoct her Blight at home.

She concocted it in the dead of night, over the course of a week, in Camp Bubble Brook, by waiting amidst the font of Death magic until it started having deleterious effects on her and then crafting the Blight from her cells while they were exposed, in hopes of her nectar having absorbed and assimilated some of its effects. She was able to survive doing this thanks to Raphael's Life energy mitigating much of the damage, plus her own healing powers.

This is an Edit Scene and not a Power Stunt. To the best of my knowledge Manchineel's Camp Bubble Brook Complication is a Phobia, not a Weakness. I make no claims about what, if any, effect this may have. I am simply declaring it to be true.

If it matters, Expertise (Magic): (1d20+10)[25].
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

8. - Top - End - #518
    Titan in the Playground

Defense roll DC 26 to negate. (1d20+8)[21]

If that fails, Resistance DC 26 vs. Cumulative Entranced/Compelled/Controlled (right now, just to "Stop") (1d20+12)[32]

9. - Top - End - #519
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Spider Mantis Resistance vs. SE Affliction (DC 22, -5 for Weakness): (1d20+10)[20] Impaired & Vulnerable
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-04-13 at 01:00 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #520
    Titan in the Playground

Rerolling Nope's attack vs Manchineel (1d20+10)[25]

11. - Top - End - #521
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Manchineel Resistance (DC 27/22/22, -4 Weakness, -2 Impaired): (1d20+8)[20] ...Take the HP back. Rerolling.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-04-13 at 03:15 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #522
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Manchineel Resistance Redux (DC 27/22/22): (1d20+8)[17] Becomes 27, so full resist.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-04-13 at 03:16 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #523
    Barbarian in the Playground

Imp

Defense Roll DC 26: (1d20+10)[28]
    If Defense Roll fails, go to Resistance DC 26: (1d20+10)[19]
    Last edited by Abracadangit; 2024-04-15 at 10:22 AM.

14. - Top - End - #524
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Raskovnik will Interpose for this attack (it can Interpose twice in one round... and probably should've Interposed for Nope's attack, but too late now)

Raskovnik Resistance vs. Damage (DC 29 after PA and Multiattack): (1d20+14)[21] 1 Bruise & Dazed
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-04-15 at 07:53 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #525
    Ogre in the Playground

16 is a miss so I'm going to HP that attack on Manchineel.
    Reroll: (1d20+10)[15] Becomes 25
    Last edited by Dorni; 2024-04-17 at 09:45 PM.
    With your every step, these grand adventures shall grow more distant and faint. And there may come a day when you forget the faces and voices of those you have met along the way. On that day, I bid you remember this... That no matter how far your journey may take you, you stand where you stand by virtue of the road you walked to get there.

16. - Top - End - #526
    Ogre in the Playground

Expertise [Magic] for Lily's Death-signature attack. (1d20+20)[37]

17. - Top - End - #527
    Ogre in the Playground

vs Manchineel's attack, Defense roll (DC 26) to negate, and then Resistance DC 26 vs. Cumulative Entranced/Compelled/Controlled

"Deflect" - (1d20+10)[12]
    "Resistance" - (1d20+10)[15].

18. - Top - End - #528
    Ogre in the Playground

Gonna reroll that Resistance.
    Reroll - (1d20+10)[14] Becomes 24; still Entranced

Edit: Entranced breaks immediately due to active combat but consumes Helios' turn. Using Extra Effort to take an action.
    Last edited by Dorni; 2024-04-17 at 10:04 PM.

19. - Top - End - #529
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Manchineel Resistance (DC 29/24, -2 Impaired, -4 Weaken, -5 Weakness): (1d20+3)[21] 1 Bruise, Dazed, -3 Resistance
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-04-17 at 10:06 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #530
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Whoops, forgot.

Spoiler: Helios
    Show
    So, with that roll, you are able to realize that the Death signature you feel from Lily is the same signature as what is fountaining out of the ground in Camp Bubble Brook. You are also able to make some conjectures about what it's going to do.

On the plus side, such a concentrated force of Death, attached to a poison geared to attack Manchineel and her minions specifically, is going to work potently against Manchineel's ability to self heal. Essentially, Floral gets a bonus Weaken to Manchineel's Regeneration power, meaning that Manchineel's Regeneration is currently at -2 its full effect (due to Regeneration costing 2PP/rank, so -4 to that equals out at -2 ranks).

On the minus side... What exactly did Camp Bubble Brook's death magic do, again? It seems to have killed some of the campers, and then raised them as restless shades. That same Death magic is currently coursing through both Floral and Manchineel. If either of them are dealt enough damage to be knocked unconscious without any countermeasures, there's a non-zero chance that the Death magic might take over--it's weak enough that the takeover will likely be temporary, but it's still an issue. Every time the magic is used, the likelihood that it takes over increases.

So... there's that.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #531
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Because it may effect future action this round:

Spoiler: Rolls
    Show
    Roll 1: (1d20+19)[27]

Roll 2: (1d20+11)[22]
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #532
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Huh. I never rolled for the Spider-Mantis to recover from the Impaired & Vulnerable affliction last round (DC 22, -2 for Impaired): (1d20+13)[18] Not happening!
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-04-18 at 10:02 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #533
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Forgot to roll two things:

Manchineel recover from Affliction (DC 25, -6 Resistance, -2 Impaired, +5 Perception(?)): (1d20+11)[23] No...

Spider-Mantis recover from Affliction (DC 22, -2 Impaired): (1d20+13)[25] Yes...
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-04-18 at 10:44 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #534
    Titan in the Playground

Resistance DC 23 vs. Progressive Dazed & Impaired/Stunned & Disabled (1d20+12)[24] Resists
    Last edited by Ridai; 2024-04-19 at 07:16 AM.

25. - Top - End - #535
    Ogre in the Playground

Resistance DC 23 vs. Progressive Dazed & Impaired/Stunned & Disabled: (1d20+10)[26] Resist
    Last edited by Dorni; 2024-04-19 at 06:48 AM.

26. - Top - End - #536
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Yeah, the Raskovnik will Interpose for that.

Raskovnik Resistance (DC 28/22/22 after Crit Immunity and Bruises): (1d20+14)[28] Keep strengthening that gimmick. Full Resist.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-04-19 at 11:35 AM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #537
    Titan in the Playground

Resistance (DC 23, +5 for Floral Blood, +5 for Partial Poison Immunity): (1d20+20)[37]. Resists
    Last edited by Quellian-dyrae; 2024-04-19 at 11:45 AM.
    A role playing game is three things. It is an interactive story, a game of chance, and a process in critical thinking.

If brevity is the soul of wit, I'm witty like a vampire!

World of Aranth
    M&M 3e Character Guide

28. - Top - End - #538
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Raskovnik Insight (DC 23): (1d20)[3] What is Insight?

That's mostly for fun, because even without failing that Floral's attack just hits.

Raskovnik Resistance vs. Entranced/Compelled/Controlled (eat teh nectar) (DC 20): (1d20+14)[16] Stare at teh nectar. Entranced.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-04-19 at 01:25 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #539
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

The Spider-Mantis will Interpose against that Thread Lash.

Spider-Mantis Resistance (DC 30 after Multiattack, -2 for Bruises): (1d20+13)[32] Well then; Full Resist.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-04-19 at 07:02 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #540
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Manchineel Resistance (DC 30/24 after Bruise, -2 Impaired, -5 Weakness, -6 Weakened): (1d20+1)[10] INCAPACITATED! Also fully brings her down to -10 Resistance from the Weaken
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-04-19 at 10:56 PM.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show