New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Cosmic Hunters (OOC)

Ask and you shall receive.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

There we go :D
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ogre in the Playground

Happy new year, mates :)
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

4. - Top - End - #724
    Firbolg in the Playground

Happy new year!

5. - Top - End - #725
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey guys, do you read the Order of the Stick?

Man, that last strip

6. - Top - End - #726

Oh, please. 'tis but a flesh wound giant angry Evil dragon the Epic-level character is visibly afraid of! Nothing to worry about there!

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, pretty much. Nothing our characters would have been afraid of, though but I'm wondering how damaged they are going to get out of that encounter.

8. - Top - End - #728

Sorry for any and all delays, folks! The Forums are a pain lately, in terms of reaction speed..

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    Yeah, pretty much. Nothing our characters would have been afraid of, though
    I know someone would probably grumble about how it must somehow be Myriad's fault, though.

but I'm wondering how damaged they are going to get out of that encounter.
    I1m guessing "quite", but unlike some, I expect no casualties.

9. - Top - End - #729

Finally managed to get in contact with Biscuit. They've had to shift apartments more than once since the tree incident, and haven't had wifi since you can't register internet service here except for the address where you have residency registration paperwork for. Which they don't have because they are still operating under the old lease with the old address. With the holidays having most places closed, the weather preventing easy access, and the constant shifting, making her way to somewhere with wifi has apparently been rough. They're in their new official apartment this week though, and will have their paperwork and wifi situation rectified soonish.

I've also been slacking on my post rates, but I have no excuse except that annual December/January 'meh' feeling. I can only blame the holiday slump and apologize. My bad.

10. - Top - End - #730

…and there's definitely a reason why if offered the power of reading minds, Delja would start running the other way fast. Myriad continues to be worth her weight in silver keys.

Quote Originally Posted by Geeksthenewsexy View Post
    Finally managed to get in contact with Biscuit. They've had to shift apartments more than once since the tree incident, and haven't had wifi since you can't register internet service here except for the address where you have residency registration paperwork for. Which they don't have because they are still operating under the old lease with the old address. With the holidays having most places closed, the weather preventing easy access, and the constant shifting, making her way to somewhere with wifi has apparently been rough. They're in their new official apartment this week though, and will have their paperwork and wifi situation rectified soonish.
    Do give her my "I wish thee strength"-s!

11. - Top - End - #731

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    …and there's definitely a reason why if offered the power of reading minds, Delja would start running the other way fast. Myriad continues to be worth her weight in silver keys.
    I can't help but imagine Delja getting telepathy against her will and immediately deciding to use daggers as Q-tips to 'make it stop, make it stop!'. lol

12. - Top - End - #732
    Ogre in the Playground

There's definitive potential for quite a bit of goofy RP there :D

Glad to hear Biscuit's progressively getting past the tree incident and its consequences. Thor was right, beware the trees!
    Last edited by remetagross; 2024-01-16 at 04:17 AM.

13. - Top - End - #733

I can't help but imagine Delja getting telepathy against her will and immediately deciding to use daggers as Q-tips to 'make it stop, make it stop!'. lol
    Well. What did you think those 40 nonmagical Medium daggers in her Bag of Holding were for?

14. - Top - End - #734

(Mostly waiting on Myriad to report her findings, by the way.)

15. - Top - End - #735
    Ogre in the Playground

Same stuff here. That chair's damn comfortable, there's no way Ux is moving his butt unless Myriad tells him there's a Baleful Polymorph trap under the pillow. And even then.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright mates I'm going to be away from any sort of computer for ten days or so. I'll be back by the 27th. Be good while I'm gone, kids, and try to post a message or two

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm back, folks!

...though it appears I'm the only one around. C'mon, we don't want that nice PbP of ours dying out, do we?

18. - Top - End - #738

...though it appears I'm the only one around. C'mon, we don't want that nice PbP of ours dying out, do we?
    Not at all and absolutely not at all! I was merely hoping your time off might give Geek and Biscuit some time to catch up, especially since the team's current assignment (covertly gathering intelligence) is really where Myriad would shine the brightest and Azlin could, in the meantime wonderfully complicate the whole thing by way of meddling with the Dustpeople.

19. - Top - End - #739

I really have no excuse. I should have been sucking it up and just posting, but I let my pessimistic half hold me back.

Between the lag time that I have when loading any GitPG page, my laptop constantly overheating and only recognizing that it even has a wireless network adapter some of the time, and 1/2 the time I get an error when I tri to post here, and the fact that posting from my phone is an exercise in frustration, posting on GitPG at all has just been such a hassle, I've kept putting it off with cheap excuses like "Maybe the lag will be better tomorrow"...but it never is.

20. - Top - End - #740

Just to illustrate my point, take a look at the website when trying to post from my point of view:

This is my view when I try to post. I have no idea what sort of roach-infested Frankenstein amalgamation of rusty wires and chewing gum GitPG uses as servers to maintain its infrastructure, but the fact that this is my view when posting now (no toolbar whatsoever, so everything must be HTML coded by hand) and the fact that I have to reload a dozen or so times before I'm even given that opportunity is why I don't join games on GitPG anymore and use websites that actually work.

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ogre in the Playground

Woah mate, this is dreadful. Have you tried changing the forum settings? Or contacting the support to explain that?

I'm glad you got a post in all the same :)

22. - Top - End - #742

Just to illustrate my point, take a look at the website when trying to post from my point of view:

[IMG]https://i.postimg.cc/gjWKSgBN/Missing-Toolbar.png[IMG]

This is my view when I try to post.
    Does the field also turn a light blue when you click on it to write? I get that one every now and then when things are very slow, but it tends to get better in time.

I really have no excuse. I should have been sucking it up and just posting, but I let my pessimistic half hold me back.

Between the lag time that I have when loading any GitPG page, my laptop constantly overheating and only recognizing that it even has a wireless network adapter some of the time, and 1/2 the time I get an error when I tri to post here, and the fact that posting from my phone is an exercise in frustration, posting on GitPG at all has just been such a hassle, I've kept putting it off with cheap excuses like "Maybe the lag will be better tomorrow"...but it never is.
    Also, that's a lot of very good excuses, actually! Thanks for sticking with us, despite the difficulties!

23. - Top - End - #743
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry about disappearing. Posting was a bit slow so I took the time to disconnect from the world and work on the first step of my dissertation. Hopefully by this time next year I'll be a doctor.

Uh, give me a day or three to get my bearings.

24. - Top - End - #744

Neat! I bid thee swift progress with the doctoral stuff, and thanks for the update! Post as you can, I'm not going anywhere.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Ogre in the Playground

Woah, good luck chaincomplex! Hat's off for having started to get it done.

When we began this adventure, almost two years ago, I was in the process of writing mine. Surfing on GitP was one of my main ways of procrastinating away from it :D

26. - Top - End - #746

The dragonborn raises an eyebrow.
    RETURN of THE SON of THE VENGEFUL DRAGON EYEBROW!!

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ogre in the Playground

I think Ux raising an eyebrow should have the same effect than a 20th-level CW Samurai unsheathing his katana. Everyone rolls against panic.

28. - Top - End - #748

Well, if "getting the hell away from there" is good enough to qualify, between the eyebrows and Myriad, poor Delja didn't even get a roll.

29. - Top - End - #749
    Ogre in the Playground

I can't access my character sheet from work so I'll just roll the dice now and add my Sense Motive modifier later.

(1d20)[3]

30. - Top - End - #750

I can't access my character sheet from work so I'll just roll the dice now and add my Sense Motive modifier later.

[roll0]
    A 2? Oh, man. Ux Utanar will now think the little twit got infected with Myriad and just wants to get drunk or somesuch.