New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Cosmic Hunters (OOC)

D.'s good to start where she currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    I'll finally get to try out that wand of Enlarge Animal.
    Nnice!

2. - Top - End - #272

Alright. Let's see how our luck feels today: Will save: (1d20+18)[31]

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Will Save vs DC 27: (1d20+22)[24]

Does Spell Resistance apply (Myriad has SR 25, if so)? Also, is this considered a paralysis effect?
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-11-02 at 04:19 PM.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

4. - Top - End - #274
    Orc in the Playground

Since it's a supernatural effect, SR shouldn't apply. I think it's a paralysis effect? I mean the text doesn't say it is but it's literally an effect that paralyzes, so...

5. - Top - End - #275

I ask if it counts as a Paralyzing Effect because Myriad can shrug that type of effect off once per day automatically when effected (Cunning Body class ability from the Silver Key class). So the distinction is the difference between her being out of the fight for 4 rounds, or being able to act immediately. :)

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

By my reading of the class ability it removes the effect that paralyzes as opposed to some esoteric mechanical object "paralyze effect". So Myriad is good to use it and go.

7. - Top - End - #277

Awesome sauce. That ability can be used once a day per effect. Though she is very unlikely to run into a situation where she is underwater or falling from a great height to activate the waterbreathing or feather fall effects. Shame we're not using the good Silver Key class fix, or it would be a tad bit more useful. And I wouldn't have had to waste a feat on Dodge, which I always forget to declare.

...that said, I'm using O2 as my Dodge Target for a +1 to AC, please.
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-11-03 at 02:28 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278

I have Dodge too. And Mobility (I even noted its effect under Additional Information on the sheet!). Is ist too late to declare her AC 72 T 63 against the Spider for this round?

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok gals, how about you tried and ess with the ominous machinery in the back scene while I keep our friend busy ?

Ux Utanar auto-passes the Will save, and Ereshki : (1d20+12)[19]. She has an added +4 in case that's an [enchantment] effect.

Sorry, that should have been a +15, not a +12. She's good to go in case it's an enchantment only.
    Last edited by remetagross; 2022-11-04 at 04:00 AM.

10. - Top - End - #280

I'm not sure that's a good idea. For starters, there's another obyrith between our folks and that thing and, secondly, there's literally nothing D. can do about that contraption, and while Myriad would likely have a chance at disabling its protections somehow, that's exactly what Chains wants (and was trying to do up until now), so that might not be our best call.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, your second point is a good one.

Then, you should keep on attacking the other guy rather than the one facing me, since that would cancel out the effect of the test of mettle.
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

12. - Top - End - #282

In my defense, my own knight never managed to quite pull her ToM off as yet. If you can lock the Spider down, us going for Chains sounds like the right call.

13. - Top - End - #283

A few questions:

1. What's the DC of the Greater Command? (Will: (1d20+18)[24])
    2. Can Delja really understand Chains this time? Up until now, they spoke in that archaic dialect.
    3. Can Delja even drop her weapon? It's in a locked gauntlet, glued to her hand.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Orc in the Playground

1. Oh durr, I knew I was forgetting something. It's DC 24.
    2. Yes. This is plain ol' Abyssal.
    3. No, which is comical.

15. - Top - End - #285

Quote Originally Posted by chaincomplex View Post
    1. Oh durr, I knew I was forgetting something. It's DC 24.
    2. Yes. This is plain ol' Abyssal.
    3. No, which is comical.
    [EVIL laughter!] Thanks!

And now, let's metagame a little. Delja's attack dealt full damage to O2, whereas Myriad's 11 magical piercing was soaked up. Looks like we have something like 15+/cold iron here. You guys have tools for dealing with that, right?

Edit: Oh, and I kind of messed up; ignore the Tumble roll for the first movement. D. can't afford getting slowed down, even to Sfift Tumbler speed if she is to reach O1 in a single round.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-11-07 at 07:37 AM.

16. - Top - End - #286

Fort Save vs Nausea (DC 27): (1d20+22)[41]

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    And now, let's metagame a little. Delja's attack dealt full damage to O2, whereas Myriad's 11 magical piercing was soaked up. Looks like we have something like 15+/cold iron here. You guys have tools for dealing with that, right?

Edit: Oh, and I kind of messed up; ignore the Tumble roll for the first movement. D. can't afford getting slowed down, even to Sfift Tumbler speed if she is to reach O1 in a single round.
    Do several percision damage dice and a cumulative Bleed effect count as 'dealing with that'? If so, yes! If not, then...no. :-p

Yeah... Myriad moves all of 30' unless she forgoes attacks entirely for a round. Gonna start calling Delja, 'Sonic' with that 'gotta go fast!' medical condition. lol

3. Can Delja even drop her weapon? It's in a locked gauntlet, glued to her hand.
    Lucky it didn't just say 'drop it'. Delja might have misinterpreted and started attempting to twerk. That woulda been akwaaaaaard....

Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-11-07 at 09:31 AM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep, I have that. Though to be fair Ux Utanar is a little too busy not getting Strength-drained to have noticed that at the moment. Maybe if Delja shouts that out to him, he'll draw his cold iron greatsword ;)
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by Geeksthenewsexy View Post
    Do several percision damage dice and a cumulative Bleed effect count as 'dealing with that'?
    YES.

Yeah... Myriad moves all of 30' unless she forgoes attacks entirely for a round. Gonna start calling Delja, 'Sonic' with that 'gotta go fast!' medical condition.
    I mean, she is blue. (And do cut her some slack. She's not bookish enough to have actually read Gimli son of Glóin's authoritative The Effective Range of the Running Dwarf!)

Lucky it didn't just say 'drop it'. Delja might have misinterpreted and started attempting to twerk. That woulda been akwaaaaaard....
    Bah! She has actual ranks in actual Perform (dance)! She'd never stoop so low!

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    Yep, I have that. Though to be fair Ux Utanar is a little too busy not getting Strength-drained to have noticed that at the moment. Maybe if Delja shouts that out to him, he'll draw his cold iron greatsword ;)
    I'm confident she'll suddenly remember to mention it come next round!

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

Another round or two, and it'll be a wonder if Ux ever manages to raise his greatsword at all :D

20. - Top - End - #290

Hm. Two Will saves: (1d20+18)[28] and (1d20+18)[29].

21. - Top - End - #291

Myriad's Spell Resistance (25) ain't worth **** when it comes to these guys. She's getting psychically clobbered. lol

Will Save vs DC 24: (1d20+20)[23] - FAIL

Damn. Woulda passed that if I hadn't already suffered Wis drain. *braces for the "other unknown horrible effects" to heppen*
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-11-08 at 08:40 AM.

22. - Top - End - #292

Quote Originally Posted by Geeksthenewsexy View Post
    Myriad's Spell Resistance (25) ain't worth **** when it comes to these guys.
    Talk about it. There's a reason why I never bothered to bring up Delja's SR 16.

23. - Top - End - #293

Talk about it. There's a reason why I never bothered to bring up Delja's SR 16.
    The problem with 'not sweating the small stuff' via Low-Mid SR is that the large stuff comes out of the gate swinging for the fences to knock you on your arse. lmao

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, chaincomplex, is that horrible unknown effect a [fear] effect?

If yes, then Ux Utanar can expend one use of Knight's Challenge to allow a reroll with a +11 modifier for Myriad. In which case I'll re-write my turn completely, since I can't teleport away anymore. Myriad would still be under the effect of the attack, but only for the duration between the obyrith's attack and Ux Utanar's turn.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

It is not, though I made several mistakes in that post because chain no read statblocks good.

• The effect that hits Delja and Myriad on approach is an Su, mind-affecting aura. If that matters. I don't think Su abilities are blocked by SR.
    • O1 should've fast healed.
    • I didn't even notice Delja's SR but the thing autosucceeds on the CL check for feeblemind.
    • I actually forgot what I forgot in that post again. But there was at least one more thing. Hmm.

Edit: The additional horrible effect is just taking a -4 save penalty against future enchantments.
    Last edited by chaincomplex; 2022-11-09 at 07:02 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296

Oops! Didn't account for my dex drain in that roll. +1 to my attack roll for a total of 38

Also, I am at 69% hp. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by chaincomplex View Post
    • The effect that hits Delja and Myriad on approach is an Su, mind-affecting aura. If that matters. I don't think Su abilities are blocked by SR.
    Correct! But, weirdly, they are suppressed by antimagic fields. Random AF.
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-11-10 at 02:05 PM.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Orc in the Playground

So after some careful reading I assess that the attacks of opportunity vs the chains hit the creature and not the chain. It's unclear to me but the chain is both an animate object and "treated as a held weapon", the latter which informs my guess that this was the intention.

Namely that if you make a grapple attack with a weapon that can grapple but has no special advantage to it, I imagine the AoO applies to the wielder.

Edit: Also, woo grappling! I know this is everyone's favorite part of 3e.

Edit 2: I also forgot to mention the two creatures fast heal, and forgot to subtract bleed. Fixing now.
    Last edited by chaincomplex; 2022-11-11 at 06:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298

Someone please remind me to pick up some gauntlets of heartfelt blows so I can add a bit of fire damage when we hit town. And possibly a crystal of energy assault and something to help with defeating damage reduction. lol
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-11-11 at 06:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Orc in the Playground

Geek check the two grapple attempts over Myriad.

30. - Top - End - #300

Whoops! Missed that somehow.

Grapple Check 01: (1d20+22)[26]
    Grapple Check 02: (1d20+22)[27]

So, I rewrote the post to do the two attacks of opportunity, and then attacking once (can still attack with a light weapon, but only once and not a full attack) as Myriad's action, since she has no way to escape the grapple.
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-11-12 at 05:31 AM.