New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Cosmic Hunters (OOC)

Redoing rolls in light of being successfully grappled:
    • Attack of Opportunity 01 vs O1 (Still flanked until grapples resolve): (1d20+28)[32] attack for (1d4+10)[14] magical piercing, (1d6)[2] Vampiric, and (7d6)[27] sneak attack damage, and -1 Bleed effect.
    • Attack of Opportunity 01 vs O1 (Still flanked until grapples resolve): (1d20+28)[43] attack for (1d4+10)[11] magical piercing, (1d6)[2] Vampiric, and (7d6)[31] sneak attack damage, and -1 Bleed effect.
    • Standard Attack vs O1: (No longer flanked because of being grappled negating threat): (1d20+26)[30] attack for (1d4+10)[12] magical piercing, (1d6)[3] Vampiric
    • -1HP to O1 for preexisting Bleed
    • -2HP to O2 for preexisting Bleed
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-11-12 at 05:33 AM.
    "He who makes a beast of himself, loses the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

2. - Top - End - #302
    Firbolg in the Playground

Another Will save: (1d20+18)[38]

3. - Top - End - #303

Hell, yeah! A critical threat on that second attack! Let's see if we can confirm it: (1d20+21)[33] for (1d6+20)[21] magical cold iron and piercing and (1d4)[4] force.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geeksthenewsexy View Post
    Redoing rolls in light of being successfully grappled:
    • Attack of Opportunity 01 vs O1 (Still flanked until grapples resolve): [roll0] attack for [roll1] magical piercing, [roll2] Vampiric, and [roll3] sneak attack damage, and -1 Bleed effect.
    • Attack of Opportunity 01 vs O1 (Still flanked until grapples resolve): [roll4] attack for [roll5] magical piercing, [roll6] Vampiric, and [roll7] sneak attack damage, and -1 Bleed effect.
    • Standard Attack vs O1: (No longer flanked because of being grappled negating threat): [roll8] attack for [roll9] magical piercing, [roll10] Vampiric
    • -1HP to O1 for preexisting Bleed
    • -2HP to O2 for preexisting Bleed
    As both AoOs are successful, both grapples are stopped.

5. - Top - End - #305

Go us! In that case, Chains remains flanked all the way, right? That'd mean I get attacks of 30, 39, 40(, 23, 23) with the flanking bonus added.

6. - Top - End - #306

Quote Originally Posted by chaincomplex View Post
    As both AoOs are successful, both grapples are stopped.
    Well in that case, that standard attack becomes a full attack and gains +2 to hit and: (7d6)[22] Sneak Attack damage , & -1/Round Bleed Damage

And the full attack continues:
    • (1d20+23)[25] attack for (1d4+10)[13] magical piercing, (1d6)[2] vampiric, (7d6)[27] sneak attack, & -1 Bleed if successful.
    • (1d20+18)[19] attack for (1d4+10)[11] magical piercing, (1d6)[5] vampiric, (7d6)[19] sneak attack, & -1 Bleed if successful.
    • (1d20+13)[25] attack for (1d4+10)[11] magical piercing, (1d6)[1] vampiric, (7d6)[23] sneak attack, & -1 Bleed if successful.
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-11-13 at 07:09 AM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Ogre in the Playground

Str check to avoid being tripped: (1d20+6)[24].

Note : this includes a +4 for being of Large size, which I'm not sure applies in the case of Telekinesis.
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).
    VC XVI, Burn baby burn:Nero
    VC XVIII, This is Heresy! Torquemada
    VC XX, Elder Evil: Henry Bowyer

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

Okay mates how are you faring ? It seems 02 is checking on 01 to see if it's endangered. Which means going all out on 01 seemed to be the best bet.

I guess as long as I don't reach Str 0, I can keep 02 busy, so that buys you at least 4 rounds to deal with 01. In case of an emergency I could disregard 02 and charge into 01,if it appears it's needed to break the status quo.
    VC XV, The horsemen are drawing nearer: The Alien and the Omen (part 1 and part 2).

And a repository of deliciously absurd sentences produced by maddened optimisers in my extended signature

9. - Top - End - #309

Dishing out more damage than we take so far, but I'm not sure I see the Spider being happy with how things are going is a good sign. Also, be careful with the reckless charges. I'm not sure our ability damage didn't come from passing by the artifact.
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2022-11-17 at 09:06 AM.

10. - Top - End - #310
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, that's a good point. Well, if it comes to this, it'll be because I hope a charge attack would deal the final blow, so hopefully any ability damage at that stage of the fight would be moot.

11. - Top - End - #311

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    Okay mates how are you faring?
    Myriad is holding out, for now. Though she'd be at nearly half health by now if it were not for the vampiric enhancement to her dagger. That Pesky (Cold Iron?) DR is tanking her DPS a bit. She's losing out on at least 11-15 potential damage per attack because of that alone.

Hopefully our attacks will cause this beasty to lose focus on whatever it is trying to accomplish, since whatever that is can't be good for us if it succeeds.
    Last edited by Geeksthenewsexy; 2022-11-17 at 10:06 AM.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Ogre in the Playground

I got a Hammersphere in the bag if needed (CL 7 Spiritual Weapon that deals 3d6 damage)

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

I didn't bother resolving Delja's attacks of opportunity since the thing was dead at the full attack action anyways. It's comedic how quickly things melt if you let something get a full attack's worth of precision damage on it.
    Last edited by chaincomplex; 2022-11-17 at 07:43 PM.

14. - Top - End - #314
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, it definitely is. We did seem to be far from finishing this thing off.

As a sidenote : I guess O2 shouldn't be able to target Delja, since it is under the effect of Test of Mettle. Except... I've been rereading the description of the ability. And it says a given creature cannot be affected more than once per 24-hour period. And I had already used Test of Mettle against 02 during our first fight with it. :(

Sorry about that, chaincomplex, but I guess that means O2 should have been able to pester the gals way earlier.

15. - Top - End - #315

Sorry about that, chaincomplex, but I guess that means O2 should have been able to pester the gals way earlier.
    Eh, they were the ones to switch the first one off (I'm still sorry about that, by the way)!

Meanwhile, Fortitude: (1d20+21)[39]

16. - Top - End - #316

*sad warlock noises* While the Target is flanked, I'm firing from 35 feet away, so no sneak attack bonus. *sniffle*

17. - Top - End - #317

Quote Originally Posted by Geeksthenewsexy View Post
    *sad warlock noises* While the Target is flanked, I'm firing from 35 feet away, so no sneak attack bonus. *sniffle*
    I'm just glad Delja was busy feeling triumphant and all that, because had she heard the word backupuncture, there would be lots of sad [all Delja's weird classes] noises floating around.

18. - Top - End - #318

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    I'm just glad Delja was busy feeling triumphant and all that, because had she heard the word backupuncture, there would be lots of sad [all Delja's weird classes] noises floating around.
    Don't be sad! Myriad the Stabomancer is here to (help) save the day! lol

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

What a bunch of weirdos :D

20. - Top - End - #320

What a bunch of weirdos :D
    "Yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why." - Hunter S. Thompson

21. - Top - End - #321
    Orc in the Playground

Can Ux actually charge from Ereshki's position? Ereshki can only move 5 feet without going into the region where a lance cannot hit.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Riders can be considered to occupy any sqkare that their mount occupy in order to determine their reach. This means Ux Utanar can be considered to occupy the four corners most away from O2. In turn, that means when Ereshki is at contact, Ux can be considered to be 5ft away from O2. This means the squares occupied by O2 that are farthest away from Ux Utanar can be considered to be 15ft away from him. Since the dead zone within the reach of a Large creature wielding a reach weapon is 10ft, that means these away squares occupied by O2 are actually legal targets for Ux Utanar's lance.

So there went my long-winded interpretation of why this charge works :D

23. - Top - End - #323
    Orc in the Playground

Makes sense to me. Also I like the part where I made a mistake and forgot Test of Mettle, which cancelled out another mistake. Empirical evidence that two wrongs do make a right.

24. - Top - End - #324

Hm. The Spider imposes a miss chance?

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

My, this dude hits hard. I think we need to deal some more bleed damage to this thing. Ux might end up paralyzed if he keeps on hitting Dex drain :p

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

Fluffed my attack rolls typing.
    (1d20+27)[43], (1d20+22)[38], (1d20+17)[33], (1d20+12)[21]

Ok so provided one of these gets through both AC and miss chance, all following attack rolls are made with the greatsword.
    Last edited by remetagross; 2022-11-28 at 04:32 PM.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Orc in the Playground

I thought I checked your sheets for displacement-killing effects like true seeing and saw nothing, let me know if I'm remembering wrong and you shouldn't get the miss chance here.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh no, O2 should definitely be allowed its miss chance. What I meant was "provided some of these attacks do hit against its AC and O2 then fails its miss chance against them".

Sorry for having been unclear.

29. - Top - End - #329

Quote Originally Posted by chaincomplex View Post
    I thought I checked your sheets for displacement-killing effects like true seeing and saw nothing, let me know if I'm remembering wrong and you shouldn't get the miss chance here.
    (Technically, Delja's shades, um, I mean, goggles of draconic vision have a setting for that, but she's yet to activate it.)

30. - Top - End - #330
    Ogre in the Playground

That's awesome sauce :D

Ux Utanar also has a Scout's Headband, but alas not enough swift actions to activate enough abilities per round...