New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #661
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Nightmare in Katapesh IC

Spoiler: Gurmok
    Show
    Gurmok is certain this is a species of ogre spider. varieties are this big, in particular there is a desert ogre spider that is likely this one. Their huge eyes give them great darkvision, so it has probably seen you. It has a potent venom that makes muscles weak and stiff. It can also shoot webbing to pin prey. Fire is great at making the webbing vanish, but it doesn’t really burn. While very tough and quick, they are just enormous spiders, so they aren’t going to have much resolve to shed off magical effects that mess with the kind. They are also great at squeezing through narrow spaces.

Where Gurmok comes from the ogre spiders do not provide for young, but he suspects the swarm of smaller spiders are the young of this spider and that this species does mother them for a bit. He doesn’t know what the young are like.

2. - Top - End - #662
    Titan in the Playground

Sadar

At the warnings of "water" and "giant spiders" Sadar freezes and nods to the others. "Aye, well getting some light in here would help. Then we can see what the case may be. I don;t fancy sleeping here so maybe we just shed some light on things and see if we can lure them in?"
    Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

3. - Top - End - #663
    Firbolg in the Playground

"All right, so you can see the bottom? I can't... So at least we won't have to swim.

But that's the last of the good news. I think that's what they call an ogre spider. Desert kind, still big. It can see in the dark as well as I can, so if it didn't attack us right away, it must have a reason. Doesn't want us to mess with the small ones maybe... I think they're its young. Didn't know they had maternal instincts, but I can't think of another explanation.

Now, it's got poison, no surprise, right... The kind that makes you weak and slow. And it can throw webs to entangle us, mind you. Flame will destroy the webs but they won't catch fire.

If we have a chance, it's with mind magic I think... They ain't super smart. Could slow them down at least for a while.

But seriously, we gotta take time to plan. Let's get out of here, and far enough. They can squeeze through smalls cracks, too."

With a sign from his master, Zen retreats, growling softly, into the corridor.
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2024-02-22 at 09:37 PM.

4. - Top - End - #664
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Dalnu follows back some rooms, where they can plan stuff out before rushing in, as that wouldn't really help.
    "I didn't see much, so first, how many spiders where there and what size," she asked, "I can befuddle or command creatures, but only 1 at a time and not indefinitely. But the command spell only works if they understand my command, so I'm not sure if that is the case. I can throw two more of those fireworks spells I used against the doggies and then a bunch of cantrips. And if I don't befuddle, I can throw magic missiles instead."
    Clacks-Overhead: GNU Terry Pratchett

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett
    "I will not yield to evil, unless she's cute."

5. - Top - End - #665

The blue-skinned goblin starts to chart a rough map in the dirt on the floor. "So you see, it's really enormous... Here is the water... The pillars.. In the center, a big dais, we'd have to climb the slopes to reach it... The cluster of young, they're around some creature that's enveloped in webs all over. And here... the ogre spider. Did I picture it big enough? Anyway, really big!"

"If we surprise them, maybe I can get closer to the young ones, and ask Irori to make them really quiet and relaxed and not in a mood to fight."

6. - Top - End - #666
    Troll in the Playground

Kheti ibn al-jahat, Aluum remnant
    AC: 20 (21) | HP: 38 | Current: 38 | Hero Points: 1
    Fortitude: +9 | Reflex: +6 | Will: +7 | Perception: +5
    Focus Points: 1 | Current: 1 |Spell Slots: 1st: 2/2 | 2nd: 1/1
    Active Effects: Light (Arcane Core); Shield
    Conditions: None.

Kheti, recognized the need for a strategic approach, offering a practical suggestion to the group, "Given the spider may have observed us, I propose taking a position at the rear to ensure we are not followed. My low-light vision and the light emanating from the arcane core will aid in surveillance. I will provide information on any potential pursuit and signal if necessary."

He positioned himself at the back of the group, his metallic form a vigilant sentinel against the potential threat from the ogre spider. Kheti's eyes sweep the surroundings as the party retreats, ensuring they are not trailed by the arachnid menace. His logical mind processing the information at hand, ready to act decisively if the need were to arise.

Spoiler: Out of Character Actions
    Show
    OOC:Action 1: As the party retreats Kheti will maintain position at V20
    Action 2: Cast Shield
    Action 3: Seek. (1d20+5)[12] (Between his Light spell & Low-light vision he can see clearly to the pillar directly south of his position).

7. - Top - End - #667
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"So we best throw in a few spells from the door, lure them towards us in the corridor and take them out a few at the time instead of all of them swarming us at once," Dalnu summed up. If everybody agreed, they could head back and then she would look at the others.
    "If someone can show me where the big one is, I'll throw some cold at it."

"Magic can turn a frog into a prince. Science can turn a frog into a Ph.D. and you still have the frog you started with." Terry Pratchett

8. - Top - End - #668

After spending a few minutes poring over his crude map to explain the spiders' positions to his companions and discussing a plan of attack, Gurmok returns to the corridor. While Zen makes unpleasant sniffing noises, his master has no doubts that the goblin dog will happily taste spider flesh, if given the chance. He takes his sling and a bullet to cast a spell on, before throwing it far enough to light the way for his human-sight-endowed companions.

"Irori, éclaire notre route
    Que mes amis aveugles ne soient point
    Ne les laisse pas dans le doute
    Qu'ils voient l'ennemi venir de loin!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    #1-2 Cast Light on sling bullet
    #3 Use the sling to throw it to the floor in T36 (1d20+7)[8]

Spoiler: Stats
    Show

Gurmok, level 2 cloistered cleric of Irori
    Perception +7; darkvision
    AC 16; Fort +5, Refl +6, Will +9
    HP 33/33
    Spell attack +8
    Sling +7, Damage 1d6
    Spells used for the day: Create Water

Zen, goblin dog (trained animal)
    Perception +6; low-light vision, scent (imprecise) 30 feet
    AC 17; Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +5
    HP 17/17
    Melee jaws +9 [+4/-1], Damage 1d6+3 piercing plus goblin pox
    Goblin Pox (disease) Goblins and goblin dogs are immune to goblin pox. Saving Throw DC 17 Fortitude; Stage 1 sickened 1 (1 round); Stage 2 sickened 1 and slowed 1 (1 round); Stage 3 sickened 2 and can't reduce its sickened value below 1 (1 day).

9. - Top - End - #669
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

As soon as the stone with the light spell arrived, Dalnu targeted the largest spider she could see in the light and threw a ray of frost at the critter. Then she withdrew behind Kheti.

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

2 actions: ray of frost: (1d20+9)[25] for damage: (2d4+4)[8] (if crit: -10ft speed)
    1 action: move

Dalnu Tuvasseh Sorcerer CG HP 24/24 Speed30 ft Init 5 Fort 5 Ref 7 Will 7 CMB BAB Str 14 (+2) Dex 14 (+2) Con 10 (+0) Wis 10 (+0) Int 12 (+1) Cha 18 (+4)
    Last edited by farothel; 2024-03-04 at 01:36 PM.

10. - Top - End - #670
    Troll in the Playground

Focus Points: 1 | Current: 1 | Spell Slots: 1st: 1/2 | 2nd: 1/1
    Active Effects: Arcane Cascade; Light (Arcane Core); Magic Weapon

As the group retreats to a safer location to discuss tactics, Kheti's observant eyes sweep the surroundings, ensuring there are no immediate threats. His logical mind processes the observations gathered by his companions during their encounter in the larger, flooded, chamber. During the discussion, Kheti remains composed and reserved, when the decision is made to engage, he takes a moment to invoke arcane power. Runes and glyphs flicker to life along the length of his executioner's blade, creating an ethereal glow. The blade now carries an arcane charge, ready to cut through the chitinous armor of their arachnid foe.

As Kheti prepares for the confrontation, his form seems to blur for a moment. He fades in and out, the outline of his body flickering ethereally. In this altered state, his movements become fluid and unpredictable, creating a sense of disorientation. Kheti stands prepared, the glow from his arcane core casting an otherworldly light on the executioner's blade as he awaits the signal to engage the ogre spider.

Show
    OOC:Action 1& 2: Cast Magic Weapon
    Action 3: Enter Arcane Cascade.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2024-03-04 at 07:53 PM.

11. - Top - End - #671
    Titan in the Playground

Sadar

Sadar stands by the robot and merely stands ready with his blade in hand waiting for the inevitable chaos as his allies throw lights and magics at the beast...

Delay until something happend

12. - Top - End - #672

While his companions scurry and engage, Mauricio hurriedly loads a crossbow bolt. Perhaps he should have done that before they entered the cave... He then waits until he can get a better shot, worried that he might strike one of his cohorts.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mauricio Averni
    HP: 35/35
    AC: 18
    Class DC: 19
    Speed: 25
    Fort: +6
    Ref: +8
    Will: +9
    Perception: +9
    Feats: Forensic Acumen, That's Odd, Battle Medicine, Ward Medic, Keen Recollection, Continual Recovery, Doctor's Visitation
    Last edited by Prehysterical; 2024-03-14 at 01:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #673
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Gurmok fires a magically illuminated sling stone off into the distance, and for the first time, most of his compatriots see the scope of the room and especially the spider. The floor and ceiling lit up by the rock just keeps going. Only at the the end of the arc can the fall wall be seen by all but Sadar. Despite the size of the room, the spider still looks like it sits in a small space. Each of its eight legs stretch almost ten feet, the bulbous body is almost fifteen feet long. The creature is situated vertically in a web barely visable with its head down, and abdomen up. The two enormous eyes watch unmoving. Keen eyes can make out many much smaller spiders off to one side.

Kharesh moves onto the slope slightly to stand beside Kheti in preparation. Sadar and Mauricio get ready, while Kheti add magical preparations. At last Dallnu fires a magical bolt of cold into the spider. It shakes the webbing, then it starts to click loudly. It rises out of the web and begin to crawl across the ceiling. clicking all the while. It disappears from view momentarily before getting into Kheti's light at which point it briefly dangles from only four legs and fires a glob of webbing directly at the automaton! The sticky substance connects with his torso and legs as well as the floor, affixing him in place.

All are sufficiently enthralled by the motions of the enormous spider, that the sudden arrival of dozens of much smaller (but still disturbingly large) spiders catch you off guard. They charge into the spaces occupied by Kheti, Sadar, Kahresh and Gurmok. The begin to crawl over all of you.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Ogre spdier: 1,2: Move 3: Web: (1d20+13)[25] Effect: Web Trap A creature hit by the ogre spider's web attack is immobilized and stuck to the nearest surface until it Escapes (DC 22). Spider ends turn on ceiling 15 ft up.

Ogre spdier young swarm: 1,2,3: Move

Spoiler: Map
    Show

Green area is ogre spider on ceiling, which is fifteen feet up
    Red area is the swarm
    Orange area is the 45 degree slope and it is difficult terrain

14. - Top - End - #674
    Troll in the Playground

Active Effects: Arcane Cascade; Light (Arcane Core); Magic Weapon; Shield

Suddenly, with surprising agility, the ogre spider dangles from four legs and fires a glob of webbing directly at Kheti. The sticky substance connects with precision, affixing the automaton in place. Trapped and unable to approach the giant spider, Kheti swiftly assesses the new threat – a swarm of disturbingly large spiders charging into the space occupied by him, Sadar, Kahresh, and Gurmok.

Remaining cool and calculating, Kheti channels his magical prowess. Runes and glyphs flicker to life along the length of his executioner's blade, infused with arcane power. Swinging the heavy blade in a wide arc, the swarm, with surprising agility, dissipates around the blade, allowing it to pass harmlessly through it's bulk. Frustrated the construct then wove an arcane sigil in the air, wards flaring to life around his frame to reinforce him from the swarm's reprisals..

Show
    OOC:Action 1 & 2: Spellstrike (Gouging Claw) vs Swarm. (1d20+10)[13] vs AC, for (2d8+5)[14] slashing, and [roll]2d6+2[roll] slashing.
    Action 3: Cast Shield.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2024-03-08 at 06:15 AM.

15. - Top - End - #675

"O... OK..." The little goblin's voice shakes a little bit as the carefully laid out plan unravels immediately. Still, he wants to complete his part in it, so he leans towards Sadar, extending a hand to touch the swordsman's blade and calling out to his deity:

"O Irori, au moment de l'alarme,
    C'est à toi que j'en appelle,
    Et c'est un appel aux armes,
    Que tu les rendes fidèles."

The sword takes on a soft sheen, while Zen, at his master's command, retreats into the corridor.

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    #1-2 Cast Magic Weapon on Sadar's sword
    #3 Command Zen, who carries him back to V18

Show

HP 33/33
    Spell attack +8
    Sling +7, Damage 1d6
    Spells used for the day: Create Water, Magic Weapon

HP 17/17
    Goblin Pox (disease) Goblins and goblin dogs are immune to goblin pox. Saving Throw DC 17 Fortitude; Stage 1 sickened 1 (1 round); Stage 2 sickened 1 and slowed 1 (1 round); Stage 3 sickened 2 and can't reduce its sickened value below 1 (1 day).
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2024-03-07 at 10:45 PM.

16. - Top - End - #676
    Titan in the Playground

Sadar

Sadar mutters several curses as the swarm of spiders scuttles around him. THer is a meeting of eyes and respectful nod to the goblin as the sword in Sadar's hand glows with a deep golden hue before with a practiced spin he spun the blade left and right through the crowd of spiders, one eye warily on the big one!

Attack 1,2,3
    (1d20+12)[17] dam (2d12+4)[15]
    (1d20+7)[12] dam (2d12+6)[22]
    (1d20+2)[21] dam (2d12+8)[20]

17. - Top - End - #677
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

As people were still in the way of splashing acid all over the little ones, Dalnu opted for some good old fashioned electricity. She threw it on both the swarm (avoiding her comrades) and the big one now it had come closer. Then she moved a bit further back into the corridor.

Spoiler: OOC actions
    Show

actions 1-2: cast electric arc on both the big one and the swarm: (2d4+4)[9] damage (basic reflex save DC 19)
    action 3: move back 10ft into the corridor.

18. - Top - End - #678

An arachnophobe, Mauricio isn't, but the sight of an ogre spider is worthy of fueling nightmares. Somehow, the swarm of spiders that envelopes his companions is worse. Mauricio wants to back away, but the stairs prevent a graceful sidestep. Since he can't help deal with the smaller arachnids, Mauricio focuses his attention on the obvious threat. Fortunately, the large abdomen provides an obvious target. He aims and fires before reloading.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mauricio Devises a Stratagem and Strikes against the ogre spider, which results in an attack roll of 23.
    Damage: (1d8)[6] piercing damage
    He spends his last Action reloading.
    Mauricio Averni
    Feats: Forensic Acumen, That's Odd, Battle Medicine, Ward Medic, Keen Recollection, Continual Recovery, Doctor's Visitation

19. - Top - End - #679
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Kharesh steps to the side, grounds his feet to enter mountain stance, and throws two hammer blows at the spider horde.

Attack (1d20+9)[24] Damage (1d8+4)[7]
    Attack (1d20+4)[16] Damage (1d8+5)[11]

20. - Top - End - #680
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

The bound Kheti fails to connect with the spider horde. Gurmok magically enhances Sadar’s falchion, then retreats down the corridor. Sadar swings once - twice - thrice, but only the last blow does any real damage to the swarm. Dalnu’s lightning strikes both the spider and the swarm - the former dodges, but the latter target sees several spiders flip over smoking with curled legs. Mauricio times his attack well, and lodges a bolt in the ogre spider’s abdomen. Kharesh’s fists do some damage to the swarm, but the swarm evades his second round of punches.

The swarm starts to bite… a lot. Since no effort was made to escape them, the warrior and the automaton are overrun. Fangs dripping venom from over a dozen heads under a hundred of eyes work their way into every conceivable crevice. The mother launches more webbing, this time at Sadar, to pin more prey for her children to feed, but the warrior is able to avoid the webbing.

Spoiler: OOC round 2
    Show
    Reflex vs Dalnu (1d20+13)[32] crit success
    Reflex vs Dalnu (1d20+11)[17] fail (9 damage)

Spider swarm attack Sadar 1: Reflex (1d20+9)[18] (1d8)[4] fail
    Fort (1d20+8)[9] crit fail (1d6)[4] (level 2 poisoned)
    Spider swarm attack Sadar 2: Reflex (1d20+9)[17] (1d8)[7] fail
    Fort (1d20+8)[11] fail (1d6)[3] or (2d6)[8] (level 3 poisoned)
    Spider swarm attack Sadar 3: Reflex (1d20+9)[26] success (1d8)[7]
    Fort (1d20+8)[18] (1d6)[5] or (2d6)[7]

Spider swarm attack Kheti 1: Reflex (1d20+6)[24] success (1d8)[8]
    Fort (1d20+9)[18] (1d6)[4]

Spider swarm attack Kheti 2: Reflex (1d20+6)[8] crit fail (1d8)[7]
    Fort (1d20+9)[19] fail (1d6)[2] or (2d6)[6] (level 1 poisoned)
    Spider swarm attack Kheti 3: Reflex (1d20+6)[22] success (1d8)[1]
    Fort (1d20+9)[18] (1d6)[5] or (2d6)[7]

Ogre spider: web vs Sadar (1d20+13)[15]
    web vs Sadar (or Kharesh) (1d20+8)[16]
    web vs Sadar (or Kharesh or Mauricio) (1d20+3)[12]

Spoiler: Conditions
    Show
    Sadar: 23 HP damage, Stage 3 ogre spiderling venom (clumsy 1, enfeebled 1, 2d6 poison damage, DC 20, end of turn)
    Kheti: 16 HP damage, Stage 1 ogre spiderling venom (1d6 poison damage, DC 20, end of turn)

Spoiler: Map
    Show
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2024-03-23 at 11:21 PM.

21. - Top - End - #681
    Troll in the Playground

AC: 21 | HP: 38 | Current: 18 | Hero Points: 1
    Conditions: Poisoned (1d6; DC 20).

Kheti, amidst the chaos and onslaught of the spider swarm, feels the stinging pain as dozens of fangs tear into the joints and crevices of his automaton form. Each bite delivers venom and further damage to his structure, a sensation that would be agonizing were he capable of such feelings. Instead, he registers the damage with cold, calculating concern for his operational integrity. Recognizing the tactical disadvantage of his current position and the critical state of his being, he decides to execute a strategic retreat to shift the dynamics of the battlefield. His logical core processes the situation with urgency, prioritizing escape and regrouping for a counterattack.

Focusing on the arcane energy that courses through his construct form, Kheti prepares to utilize his unique ability to shunt his form between two points, slipping between dimension, aiming to exploit the spatial distortion to free himself from the webbing's ensnarement. With a surge of arcane power, Kheti activates the planar magic. The air around him shimmers as he phases out of existence for a moment, the strong, sticky fibers of the webbing losing their grip on him as he vanishes. He reappears deeper in the hallway, the sudden movement breaking the physical connection to the ogre spider's trap. The distance between him and the larger chamber now acts as a buffer, creating a strategic vantage point.

Without hesitation, Kheti turns to face the pursuing swarm, his blade glowing with runic power. He launches a precise strike against the nearest spiders, his movements calculated and efficient. The blade arcs through the air, targeting the bulk of the swarm in an attempt to thin their numbers and hinder their advance.

After delivering his strike, Kheti immediately steps back, further into the corridor. This maneuver is designed to draw the swarm away from his companions, offering them a crucial opportunity to launch their own attacks. His intent is to force the swarm into a narrow approach, where the effects of area-of-effect spells and abilities from his allies can be maximized.

Show
    OOC:Action 1: Interact to Change Grip to 2H
    Action 2: Cast Dimensional Assault; Teleport to V21; Strike Swarm. (1d20+10)[26] vs AC, for (2d12+5)[16] slashing.
    Action 3: Cast Shield.
    End of Turn: (1d6)[4] Poison damage. Fort save (1d20+9)[23] vs DC 20.
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2024-03-21 at 08:10 PM.

22. - Top - End - #682
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

With the swarm dead, Dalnu concentrated on the big spider and threw a bunch of magic missiles at it.

Spoiler: OOC rolls
    Show

3 action magic missile: (3d4+3)[12] damage

23. - Top - End - #683
    Titan in the Playground

Sadar hshouted angrily in pain as the spiders swarmed over him even as he swept the blade through them. The burning venom seared into his wounds as he staggered then righted himself and waited to see if the big spider would rush to the attack

Spoiler
    Show

Ready an attack if the big on comes into range (1d20+10)[30] dam (2d10+3)[18]

Fort save for the poison (1d20+8)[17] and (2d6)[9] poison damage

HPs 18/41

24. - Top - End - #684

It's a nice shot, but Mauricio finds himself with greater concerns than firing again. While Kheti's strange anatomy was still a mystery to him, Sadar was obviously showing signs of the spiders' venom working its way through his body. Saving lives came before ending them. Fishing out a vial of antidote from among his robes, Mauricio began applying an ointment and bandages to the man's wounds.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Note to self: get Doctor's Visitation as soon as possible.
    Mauricio Steps to V22 and tries to Treat Poison on Sadar. Have to roll, unfortunately, since I don't think Assurance gets us there: (1d20+9)[26]
    He definitely use Assurance on the Treat Wounds check for Battle Medicine, however, so Sadar gets (2d8)[7] hp back.
    Mauricio Averni

25. - Top - End - #685
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

After Kheti’s attack scatters the residuals of the swarm, Kharesh steps beside the poisoned warrior to face the giant spider, and readies an attack.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    move
    Readied attack : (1d20+9)[23]
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2024-03-30 at 01:56 AM.

26. - Top - End - #686

From down the corridor, the nervous voice of the little goblin can be heard: "Er, guys, I can help you stay in the fight, but only if you come into the corridor, or at least in sight of it..."

For a practical demonstration, he calls Irori's power to heal Kheti, and then to bolster his prowess.

"O Irori, donne-nous ta vigueur
    Que point ne faiblissions,
    Qu'il n'arrive pas malheur
    À mes fiers compagnons...

Pour lui, Maître des Maîtres
    Guide son vaillant bras,
    Et fais-lui reconnaître
    Par quel moyen il vaincra!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions
    #1-2 Cast Heal on Kheti (2d8+16)[20]
    #3 Cast Guidance on Kheti

Show

HP 33/33
    Spell attack +8
    Sling +7, Damage 1d6
    Spells used for the day: Create Water, Magic Weapon, 1xHeal

HP 17/17

27. - Top - End - #687
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

The bound Kheti teleports, leaving the strands of webbing behind to collapse into a ropy puddle. The magus reappears with a powerful blow, well positioned, against the horde, killing many of the spiderlings. With their numbers so depleted, what once seemed overwhelming is suddenly just a bunch of spiders. Brushes, shakes, and stomps crush or scatter the managable number that remain. A salvo from Dalnu angers the clear and present danger from the huge spider. Mauricio heals and bolsters Sadar, while Gurmok heals and bolsters Kheti. Kharesh and Sadar line up to fight the big one.

The huge spider lunges forward to Sadar to finish him off. Kharesh delivers a blow to its eye at the same time swings his falchion upward in a perfectly timed blow, severing the head. The momentum of the decapitated body carries it forward to plow into the two warriors, shoving them hard against the wall, before its plunging abdomen drags it down the 45 degree slope to splash into the shallow water below.

A few scattered chitterings from the remnants of the swarm echo through the cavernous chamber. Sadar doesn’t feel so great.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Sadar delivered an awesome crit, but he is stage IV poisoned. He will take 2d6/round until he drops to stage II when it becomes 1d6. He has five rounds left. He isn’t doing great.
    Last edited by SanguinePenguin; 2024-04-03 at 12:19 PM.

28. - Top - End - #688
    Troll in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Someone help Sadar," Dalna shouted to the others as she took up a guard position just in case something else would come back. She didn't know much about poisons and such, so there was little she could do to help but protect people who could help from other critters.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by farothel; 2024-04-03 at 12:27 PM.

29. - Top - End - #689
    Troll in the Playground

AC: 21 | HP: 38 | Current: 18 | Hero Points: 1
    Conditions: Poisoned (1d6; DC 20).

With the spider threat neutralized, Kheti wastes no time in assessing the situation. He swiftly moves towards Sadar, his mechanical limbs carrying him with efficient purpose. With Guidance from Gurmak's invocation to Irori empowering his actions, Kheti reaches Sadar's side, his metallic fingers deftly retrieving the healer's kit from his utility belt.

With precision born of both arcane mastery and practical knowledge, Kheti administers the antidote to Sadar, carefully applying the ointment and bandages to counteract the venom's effects. His movements are methodical, devoid of hesitation or emotion, driven solely by the imperative to aid his comrade in need.

As he tends to Sadar, Kheti remains vigilant, his senses attuned to any potential threats that may lurk in the cavernous chamber. His mechanical gaze sweeps the surroundings, ever watchful for signs of danger, ready to react with swift efficiency to ensure the safety of the group.

Show
    OOC:Action 1: Interact to Change Grip to 2HStride to Sadar
    Action 2: (Free Action: Drop Bastard Sword); Interact to draw Healer's Kit
    Action 3: Treat Poison; with a +1 Status bonus re: Guidance. Medicine Check (vs Poison DC): 21

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Zero Prime; 2024-04-04 at 05:09 AM.

30. - Top - End - #690

The little goblin runs forward, stopping in his track on seeing Sadar. "Oh my... you don't look good..."

Immediately, he starts calling for another wave of healing energy.

"Viens à mon aide, O Irori
    Regarde-le, il est tout vert!
    Ne le laisse pas périr ainsi
    Victime d'un venin amer!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Cast Heal on Sadar (2d8+8)[19] EDIT - wrong. it's 2d8+16 for a total of 27.

Show

HP 33/33
    Spell attack +8
    Sling +7, Damage 1d6
    Spells used for the day: Create Water, Magic Weapon, 2xHeal

HP 17/17
    Last edited by Gwynfrid; 2024-04-04 at 09:29 AM.