Page 1 of 51 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Auromar, IC 2

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default Auromar, IC 2

Spoiler
    Show
    (This is the second IC thread.
    Last edited by Lochar; 2007-11-25 at 04:36 PM.
    Most excellent Rising Echo avatar created by GryffonDurime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
    That is the scariest two lines I have read in a forum of any kind.
    Take two internets, a cookie and a vorpal sword, please.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Re: Auromar, IC 2

Anu
    After the party's discussion of loot allotment and distribution over dinner, Anura seems relatively satisfied. Sometime before turning in for the night she spends some time studying the empty library, as if trying to fix every detail of this location into her mind. She also commands her clothing to resume its original appearance- a comfortable skirt, shirt, and vest in a conservative style.

The next morning she rises earlier than normal, as she has been doing in recent days, and studies the sacret tome recovered at Krista's tree for an hour after completing her spell memorization for the day.

When the morning's search of the city yields no new findings, she shrugs.

"Seems like we've seen all there is to see, at least for now. So, back to the dryad's grove for a quick visit, and then back to Eras? Reid, Grazys, are you sure neither of you want to question that elf's body before we leave? It might be worth knowing who else might be taking an interest in this city."
    Last edited by guardinal; 2007-11-25 at 09:31 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid is doing some math in his head. He smiles broadly at his companions.

Friends, if my calculations are right, tomorrow is the Feast of New Light, a sacred day for those of Pelor. I know that you are not of the faith, but, perhaps when we reach our dryad friends, if all of you would -

He bites his lip.

If you would consent to share food with me in sacred communion, it would mean a great deal to me.

He pauses and turns to Freeman.

I believe that Pelor's sun shines on all of us - the food is a symbol of our dependence on the light. Simply joining us at the circle is all I ask.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

4. - Top - End - #4

DruidGuy

Anu
    Anura shrugs.

"As you wish."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

The priest nods gratefully.

As for the elf's form - we should, at the least, see to a burial for the strange man. If Grazys wishes to do so, I will certainly give over to him. Do we wish to know how he made it this far into the forest safely, or perhaps whether he knows where the elves of this city have gone?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

Freeman

"Reid, I would happily partake of your food. I have no need to eat but I have experience in eating of many different types of food. I do not eat often because if is solely for experimentation and is wasteful when there are so many hungry beings in the world."
    Freeman Forest in Auromar, The Blasted Continent
    Mo In the Remnants of Cyre

Merrrourww!!

7. - Top - End - #7

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Toliudar View Post
    Reid

The priest nods gratefully.

As for the elf's form - we should, at the least, see to a burial for the strange man. If Grazys wishes to do so, I will certainly give over to him. Do we wish to know how he made it this far into the forest safely, or perhaps whether he knows where the elves of this city have gone?
    Anura
    "I'd say both answers would be good to know. As well as where he came from, and who sent him to Auromar."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dothen

Dothen makes a face and sticks out his tounge at the talk of interrogating the dead guy. He does turn to Reid and say I'd be happy to join ya in yer feast day Reid, ya just have to teach me what ta cook. Dothen is in higher spirits now that he has rested and seems to be moving a little easier this morning.
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

The young priest grins.

Well, I rather thought that I could provide you with the raw materials, in the form of Pelor's holy food, but while his food is wholesome, as you know, it's a bit...bland. There are no specific foods for the ritual - simply the sharing of food, and a few prayers - so any flavour that you can provide will be MUCH appreciated.

Tell me, though, Dothen. Are your arms feeling better? I could certainly prepare additional prayers to assist with any aches you might still be feeling.
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2007-11-26 at 12:07 AM.

10. - Top - End - #10

Dothen

Naw, these old grapplers are doing good after last night. Just takes some time. Some new souvenirs of this place. Dothen grins as he rubs at the new scars. Well, days wasting lets get a move on I hear a ale ....or six ....or eight calling me. Dothen lifts his pack and goes outside where he starts knotting his rope and lowering it to the ground the big heavy knot first. After he ties it too the tree branch carefully then goes down first to serve as an anchor on the rope.

Spoiler
    Show

Take 20 on Use Rope (total - 30) to make a knotted rope ladder for the team.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

The priest's prayers that morning are more joyous and song-ful (if not particuarly in-tune-ful) than usual.

Gathering up his belongings, Reid is careful to slide his hand along the side of the tree the building with the book is fixed to, and he smiles eagerly at Anura.

Shall we go say hello to some friends?

12. - Top - End - #12

DruidGuy

Anu
    When everyone is ready, Anura invokes the ring's powers and opens the gateway. When all are through, she follows.

13. - Top - End - #13

Dothen

Seeing the portal Dothen quickly gathers up his rope and slices off the unused protion before trotting throught he portal. He grins, saying to Anura Forgot about that nifty thing. as he passes through.
    Last edited by Greyen; 2007-11-26 at 10:50 AM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

Everyone steps through the tree, with Anura following last. You all step through to the main trunk of Yggdrasil. Anura then turns and opens the portal back to the tree, this time at ground level.
    Last edited by Lochar; 2007-11-26 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Fubar'd my thought process.
    Youth ages, immaturity is outgrown, ignorance can be educated, drunkeness sobered, but stupid lasts forever.

Don't be stupid.

15. - Top - End - #15

DruidGuy

(OOC: Oops, I thought from Reid's comment we had decided to go back to the dryad grove now...)

Anura
    "Interesting. I wasn't sure that would work."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

[I had thought so, too. But we could certainly chat with Krista as well, if desired.]

Reid lays a reverant hand on Yggsdrasil's trunk, and cranes his neck to look up to the massive canopy.

Kind of reminds you how small and unimportant we are, yes?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

((You've been told, that you can only step through a tree to Yggdrasil, and then from there to any tree you've touched. It's a two step process.))

Don't be stupid.

18. - Top - End - #18

DruidGuy

Reid
    Reid lays a reverant hand on Yggsdrasil's trunk, and cranes his neck to look up to the massive canopy.

Kind of reminds you how small and unimportant we are, yes?
    Anu
    Anura contemplates the tree a long moment along with Reid.

"That is one way to look at it. And it is certainly true from the perspective of an ageless being like Yggdrasil, or Lady Krista," Anura holds up the hand so that the dryad's ring catches the light briefly. "But it might also remind us that we are involved in momentous events, at least as far as our little world is concerned. Consider that we have played a pivotal role in healing this continent. What might have happened had we slain the dryads instead of saving them, and failed to learn of Krista's fate? And restoring Krista was no easy task, and by no means assured. If we had failed against the treant, or failed to raise Krista, how differently would Auromar's future be?" The young wizard smiles broadly. "And this was only in our first week here. Who can say what else we might accomplish before our travels are done?"

When all are ready, she opens the portal anew, concentrating on the base of the tree in the city that the group just left.
    Last edited by guardinal; 2007-11-27 at 01:19 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

The young priest steps into the tree eagerly, and emerges - a bit confused to be back in the elven city.

I'm sorry. I thought we were headed on to - have you brought us back to deal with the body of the crazy elf?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

The binder looks at Reid, a frown furrowing his brow. "Have some respect fer tha dead, Pelorite," he says curtly. He stares at the priest for a moment longer, then bursts out laughing and slaps Reid's back good-naturedly. "Sorry, mate. Couldn't resist!" he says in-between guffaws.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

21. - Top - End - #21

DruidGuy

Reid

The young priest steps into the tree eagerly, and emerges - a bit confused to be back in the elven city.

I'm sorry. I thought we were headed on to - have you brought us back to deal with the body of the crazy elf?
    Anu
    "Yes. Sorry for not explaining. I just wanted to see how exact this 'gateway' can be. How interesting that we seem to be able to travel not just to specific trees, but to specific parts of trees." She looks up at the canopy overhead. "I wonder if we could have entered the Safekeep vaults the same way."
    Last edited by guardinal; 2007-11-27 at 01:27 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22

Dothen

First trees and now dead guys? What has come over you man? Dothen says with a wink, sharing Grazys chuckle.

As for getting into the vaults that would have been too easy. No doubt the elves protected themselves with some sort of magics against that. Well if there was any magic left in that place beyond the hidden areas we found.

Why are we back here any ways?

23. - Top - End - #23

DruidGuy

Anu
    "I believe Grazys was going to try and question that strange elf's corpse."

Anura stands ready to follow the others back to where the elf's body is.

24. - Top - End - #24

Dothen

Oh, well he's this way. Dothen leads them over to the crumpled body of the elf. After pointing it out he loosens his bow and walks a slight distance away, giving the casters room to work their stuff and keeping watch.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

When the group arrives at the corpse, Grazys kneels down next to it and readies himself. He looks at his companions and asks, "Right. We wanna know how he made it this far into the forest safely, whether he knows where the elves of this city have gone, where he came from and who sent him to Auromar. That'd be four questions, which is how many I've got. Anything else more relevant we'd rather ask? I don't much like the second one, it's a yes-no with no opportunity for solid information. Maybe what does he know about the elves themselves or regarding their departure."

Spoiler
    Show
    Edit...
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-11-27 at 02:22 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

The priest nods.

Those sound like good questions, and your point about the elves of the city is a good one. I'd start with the one about the elves of this city, so that if he says something that you want to follow up on, you've got the room to do so.

27. - Top - End - #27

DruidGuy

Anu
    Anura also nods but adds nothing aloud.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

Grazys nods his head, then bows in concentration. After what seems like an eternity of silence, he looks up and opens his eyes, but continues to stare at the corpse. "What do ya know of tha people who lived here?" he asks.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-11-28 at 10:06 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

The corpse struggles for a moment, the will of it's former soul overridden by Grazys questions. It's eyes open and a hollow voice speaks.

"They are wood elves, cousins to the wood elves of my clan."

Don't be stupid.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

Grazys purses his lips in irritation and stares at the ground. "Oy. Question was too vague. Movin' on, then. We'll see if he knows where they went," he says with a sigh. He looks back at the corpse. "Where did they go from here?"