New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2136373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1509

Thread: Auromar, IC 2

1. - Top - End - #1351
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Auromar, IC 2

Grazys Senneker

"The ones which have chosen us have followed us. But..." Grazys pauses as he concentrates once more.

Lochar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Clarification: But they do not cross the barrier? I'm a little harried this morning, please bear with me!
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

2. - Top - End - #1352
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Yes, they're passing back and forth beyond the line/barrier of the magic circle. Several times, seemingly quite deliberately.

3. - Top - End - #1353
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

The binder scowls. "I believe they are tauntin' us. The barrier has no effect an' they seem to be emphasizin' that point," Grazys pauses once more. "Which means that they understand me an' know I know they're there. Oi." He mutters softly.

Sighing, Grazys looks at the spirits. "Are ya good spirits or bad spirits?" he asks with complete innocence in a sing-song falsetto.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-03-25 at 09:35 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1354
    Troll in the Playground

Grazys:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The two stop, but you can't sense anything else from them, and you cannot see them either if they are making gestures at you.

5. - Top - End - #1355
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

"They've stopped movin'. Dunno what that portends," Grazys adds with a shrug as he looks to Reid for guidance.

Lochar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I meant I look in their general direction. I didn't think I could actually see them, just maybe try and get them to do something.

6. - Top - End - #1356
    Troll in the Playground

Gimli:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Noted, I was making a different point.

7. - Top - End - #1357
    Ogre in the Playground

Lochar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry. You may have to spell stuff out to me right now. My brain no function good right now. What was your point?

8. - Top - End - #1358
    Troll in the Playground

Grazys:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Baby keeping you up, huh? How do you see things you can't see?

9. - Top - End - #1359
    Ogre in the Playground

Lochar:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Actually, no. She's been great! She's gonna be an amazon, I think!
    I'm just goin' through some funky insomniac-ness where I wake up about every 45 minutes to 2 hours (at most). I don't think I'm getting to REM at all.
    Anyway, I'll try and pay better attention to what I'm saying. I may have misinterpreted the intent of passing across the barrier, but Grazys is a little on edge. 'Course the funny thing about this town and the spirits is the good ones who share are similar to vestiges and binders.

10. - Top - End - #1360
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

The priest scowls, standing next to Grazys.

Well, I doubt that this will help, but we've got to start figuring things out.

Reid gently lifts the pendant at his neck, and stares intently at...well, at the empty hallway where Grazys is looking. His voice is soft and fervent.

Disembodied spirits, I bid you quit this place and leave us in peace. May Pelor's light shine upon us, and keep us safe.

Spoiler
    Show
    Crapdoodles. Well, let's try a Turn Attempt, see if it has any effect whatsoever.
    Turning Check (Max HD): (1d20+2)[20] = 13 HD creatures affected
    Hit Dice Affected: (2d6+12)[20]
    Last edited by Toliudar; 2008-03-25 at 12:20 PM.
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

11. - Top - End - #1361
    Troll in the Playground

Reid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You feel Pelor's light spread out from you, and it touches two points near you, and spreads further, getting the other two in the room.

You feel a mental connection forge in your mind with them.

"Yes Master?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Congrats, you've now rebuke/controlled them.

Grazys:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Something in the spirits shift, you can feel the curse buried deeper, as something else covers it.

12. - Top - End - #1362
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

Turning a puzzled gaze towards Reid, Grazys leans in and whispers, "Somethin's different. It's like somethin's coverin' tha Curse up, buryin' it under whatever. What'd you do?"
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2008-03-25 at 12:34 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1363
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid's face, which had darkened with frustration, flushes of blood for a moment. He whispers.

Grazys, we should head back into the room. This just got more complicated.

He reaches out hesitantly with his thoughts.

Come with us into the bedchamber. Can you tell me who you are. And what you are?

His eyes still scanning the empty hallway, he walks back into the chamber, and waits for Grazys to join them and close the door.

Um. In the last five years, I've faced the undead, well, eight times. Five times, I was able to make them flee my presence, because they were powered by the darkness that fears Pelor's light. These four spirits seem...seem to have responded more openly to his holy radiance. I seem to be, well, exercising a modicum of control over them.

He glances around at his companions, clearly uncomfortable with the idea of having control over another creature, even inadvertantly in this way.

Any suggestions?
    "We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut

14. - Top - End - #1364
    Troll in the Playground

Reid:
    Spoiler
    Show

A thought reaches your mind, not your own, coming from the spirits you cannot see but somehow command.

Souls. That is all that is left of us. I am Abel, and my brother Kim is here. My wife Elyham, and a friend of ours, Matthew. We only wished to speak with you all when you slept, to ask of you that you may let us join you in life.

15. - Top - End - #1365
    Bugbear in the Playground

Dothen

Dothen looks up from fiddling with the bit of left over twine. Um, what!? Ask them what they want and why they are here? I dunno!
    Excellent Avatar of Uri by Retun of Lanky (Aka Lanky Bugger)

16. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

"How's that?" the binder asks with an arched eyebrow. "That's a bit strange. I didn't think that could be done unless ya were a bit darker in yer inclinations with positive an' negative energy. I've done similar things before comin' here when bound with Tenebrous," Grazys comments.

17. - Top - End - #1367
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Thank you, Abel. Hello Elyham, Kim, Matthew. I am Reid. Pleased to make your acquaintance. I will certainly ask about the, ah, possibility of sharing. A moment, please.

And, um, can you tell us how long you've been here as, ah, souls, and what might be holding you here? And if your soul is tied to this place, or is free to roam the land?

Reid's eyes come back into focus, and he responds to Dothen.

Their names are Abel, Elyham, Kim, and Matthew. They're souls. Presumably left from bad times long ago, but I'm trying to check on that. They were hoping to talk with us about reaching a, well, a sharing arrangement.

Now, before you get all negative about this, I would point out that if they responded as they did to Pelor's energy, it would seem to strengthen their story about being, ah, sharers rather than takers. And also, it would seem that if we have an, um, sharer, then it might eliminate the risk of being taken.

18. - Top - End - #1368

Dothen

Dothen gives Reid an exasperated look. NoOoo! I have already had the curse F___ing with me once before. if they was not cursed then they'd be gone. If they is cursed I wants nuthin' to do with 'em!. How do we get them on their way tae their god? Dothen stands and is pacing the room, very agitated about this whole possesion thing.

19. - Top - End - #1369
    Troll in the Playground

Reid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Longer than any of us can remember, and everything blends together until the arrival of others. We cannot leave the walls of the town, we are cursed to stay until flesh we wear dies a natural death. Abel's voice enters your mind.

Another voice breaks in, this one a light female. You can sense that it is Elyham. Destroy us to release us. My son attempted the Raidente path to gain Pelor's favor to destroy us, so we could move on. His soul could not leave the town though, so it was ravaged between curse and light.

20. - Top - End - #1370
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

Hist also seems a tad uneasy about the idea, but dosn't outright state his feelings.

The most logical way to do that would be to sever the ties that hold these spirits here. In this case, the curse. Not sure how it relates to the spirits though. If it's in the spirits themselves though then... well, I'd better make sure I can get rid of the energy safely. Otherwise....

As to the question... well, in my case at least, it's academic. I plan to spend the night outside the walls. After springing Kjapp, the guard's be on alert. Invisible or no, I don't like taking chances. If we are still in this state of affairs tomorrow night... well, I'll deal with the question then.
    Last edited by Moral Wiz; 2008-03-25 at 01:53 PM.
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

21. - Top - End - #1371
    Ogre in the Playground

Grazys Senneker

Grazys purses his lips as he listens to Dothen and Hist's remarks. "Seems similar to binding, but the sharer gains a bit of control? Is that only with the owner's consent? With vestiges, they're basically riders. They can see and hear and experience, but not really interact."

22. - Top - End - #1372
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid's eyes flicker around the room, and back to Grazys.

They say that they've been trapped here for a long time, but that the time sort of blurs together until the other explorers came. They believe that destroying a host form while they inhabit it frees their souls. And that they can't leave the city walls.

He glances significantly at Hist.

Elyham says that her brother either became, or attempted to become, a Radiant Servant in order to free the others, but he was caught here, as tormented as the others.

He focuses inwards again.

Can you hear my friends' words? One asks what it is like when you join someone. Is it permanent? Do you take on a degree of control over the body? Once in the body, can you move outside the city? What happens to you during the daylight hours? I apologize for the many questions - this is very new and confusing to me.

And, Elyham, has your brother now merged with a newcomer? We met a priest of Pelor earlier today, but he didn't say that he was a Radiente, just that he knew of the process.

23. - Top - End - #1373

Dothen

Dothen sits there staring at Reid, Reid don't you go getting no funny ideas about sharing a body with a cursed spirit neither. With out you, or Anura, I think the rest of us may be a little shorthanded when it comes to breaking the curse. No sharing! None! How do we know they aren't lieing about something?

I do have question for them though, can they hear me directly? And can they talk to another spirit if tha spirit is in a body? You understand? If Bobby Sue is sharing with Elmer the ghost, can Elyham talk to Elmer the Ghost? Maybe tell him that we've been talking about springing a certain guy?

24. - Top - End - #1374
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Reid's smile reappears, the first time since the whole sordidness of the spirits rose to confront them. It's as wide, and as warm, as a sunny day.

I do appreciate your concern, friend. But I doubt that my ordering you not to wander off at night, or to tell Hist to stay with the rest of the group would have any influence on your actions. I serve Pelor, and my conscience. You'll forgive me for putting your advice in that context?

But I will ask them your question.

Abel, any of you... As you are, as souls, can you speak with the souls that have come to share bodies? Or those that have, well, taken over their hosts entirely?

25. - Top - End - #1375

Dothen

Dothen calms down, Reid's words striking a chord with him I know that you will do what you feel is right my friend. This whole spirits thing gets me a little excited. Watched a good friend get cut down because he were possessed by a spirit controlled by a necromancer we was working for at the time. Bad business. He shakes his head and fingers the whitish scarf he is never without.That's why I got this here scarf though, no more troubles with trying ta kill spirits when I'm wearing it. He paces some more How we gonna get sixty plus little bits of the curse off of these wandering souls?

He thinks a moment longer Hist, you said you might be able to pull the curse energy into yourself and be rid of it that way. Can ya do that for these folks?

26. - Top - End - #1376
    Ogre in the Playground

Hist

If the energy is loose, I can deal with it. But.... well, we'd need to destroy them first I think, to free the energy. It'd make sure they aren't tied here, that they don't come back, but....
    Rathe avatar by Recaiden

In Auromar, Histantos Illist, Aasimar Warlock.

27. - Top - End - #1377

Dothen

Where do they go from here?Dothen looks concerned for a moment before turning to Reid I'm sure some of these folks have earned a place in the nicer afterlife. This stuff really is out of my league. Is there a way to find out if any of this will work?

28. - Top - End - #1378
    Troll in the Playground

Reid:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are the first we have been able to speak to unless they were asleep. There is a quiet moment, and then Abel's voice enters your mind again. And we don't know if it is permanent, or anything. We do not see those who have bodies leave the town at night, and during the daylight we do not exist. We cannot communicate with those who have bodies at all, regardless of whether or not they have a spirit in them.

A different voice enters your mind, you can sense that it belongs to the one named Matthew. All we know is what the priests of the One said when they left. To pass beyond, we must live and die again.

29. - Top - End - #1379
    Titan in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Reid

Thank you, Adam, Matthew. I will do what I can to help you in your plight.

This is a hard question, but I must ask - if we did find a way to bring you hosts, and then to destroy the hosts - do you wish to be released onwards?

Reid looks back at Dothen.

It's possible, of course, that the curse isn't centralized in a place or object, but distributed amongst these souls themselves.

Our four guests are basing their knowledge on their own observations, and what the priests of Pygas told them as they left. They say that they can usually only communicate with someone when they're asleep, and have no way to communicate with other spirits that have entered bodies. They do not see the spirits-in-bodies leaving the town, but during the day the disembodied apparently simply stop being - they have no awareness.

30. - Top - End - #1380
    Troll in the Playground

Reid:
    Spoiler
    Show

I want to see my son! Elyham's mental voice says.

Pass on. I am tired of this world. Matthew.

I would like to finish my life before it ended Kim states.

I agree with Elyham, our son needs our help before we can go. Abel.