Fronaldo frowns at Xhan.
    Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>Collective
    Show

“You really need to give us a sign or something when you turn it on!”

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Serpent's Skull: City of Seven Spears [IC]

Book looks at the two of them and chuckles. Then starts making his way south towards the first pool.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

3. - Top - End - #273
    Colossus in the Playground

As the party gets closer, the odd topography gives way to reveal a ruined building in a hollow in the center of the three cenotes.

As Book stands at the cenote, it seems treacherous to get to close, but the crumbling parts of the ancient sinkhole long ago subsided, leaving a clear dropoff underwater.
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book points to the building in the center and carefully backs away from the edge. Then tries to safely navigate towards the building.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

5. - Top - End - #275

The party easily navigates its way down the ruined building. It is important to note that this is acutally a ruined building, as compared to the excellent state of the "ruins" of Saventh-Yhi. It is made of wood, not stone, and appears to be far more contemporary - despite its delapidated state and ruined wooden structure - than anything the Azlanti left behind.

Coming out of the walls of building and up out of the ground, army ants begin to crawl in increasing numbers!

What do you do?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo follows Book closely, moving quietly. He draws his favorite dagger.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

The hairs on the back of Books neck stand up and he pauses turning round to look at Fronaldo and his dagger… then draws his whip.

Spoiler: Book>>>Collective
    Show
    ”Somehow I don’t think our standard weapons will do much good here… anyone got any area of effect things?”
    Last edited by BuckGodot; 2022-10-29 at 01:50 PM.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo backs away from the ants.
    Show

“I have a couple flasks of Alchemist’s Fire and I can turn my Archanotoxin into a gas cloud but I have never tested it against a swarm before.”

9. - Top - End - #279
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Gelik shakes his head "I've got nothing that is of much use against swarming insects."
    Last edited by Master K; 2022-10-31 at 07:56 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhanfaerd gets ready to cast a spell.

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    "I can cast stone call, but it's unlikely to deal enough damage to get rid of all of them by itself. I can damage them with my hammer, though."
    Last edited by silphael; 2022-10-31 at 10:16 PM.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

11. - Top - End - #281

Aron casts a spell on herself, so that maybe army ants leave her be. She backs up, directing Veress to follow her. Harrim briefly takes out a cured strip of layer before casting a spell on himself and then readying his heavy flail. Sersheelda backs away carefully.

Surprise Round ...

S19:
    Something seems to appear out of the ground, with a much larger, concentrated force of army ants surrounding it. "It's mine!" the army-ant-covered newcomer shouts frantically as it tries to grab Gelik's foot on its way up out of the ground. But instead of grabbing Gelik, the hand passes through Gelik's right foot for 42 + sickened + disoriented, as the area of his foot and going up his leg withers and his skin scales and even farther out along his body Gelik's beard and hair start to turn gray and his face shows signs of wrinkles!

Meanwhile, the army ants that now swarm in great thickness around him attack Harrim, Gelik, Fronaldo, Veress, Xhanfaerd, and Book. They swarm and bite and attack for 11. Xhanfaerd, figuring that his swarmbane clasp would save him, realizes with a shock that it does nothing against this onslaught!

Harrim and Veress are going through a freak-out from being covered by the army ants!

Gelik, Fronaldo, Xhanfaerd, & Book, roll Fort saves! You are all surprised, so may not use any choice-based ability you would choose to use to help you. Only currently active, static abilities may help.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Books Fortitude save

Spoiler: Fort Save
    Show
    (1d20+7)[18]

If a fail: Turn of Fate (Su): 1/day, he can reroll any failed roll he has just made. He must accept the results of the second roll.
    Last edited by BuckGodot; 2022-11-01 at 05:57 AM.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhan's fortitude save

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Fort - (1d20+8)[13]
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Fronaldo’s Fort Save
    Show

(1d20+8)[11]
    +4 if poison

15. - Top - End - #285
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Spoiler
    Show
    Fort save (1d20+10)[15]

16. - Top - End - #286

And now, Fronaldo, Gelik, and Xhanfaerd join Veress and Harrim in freaking out from having army ants crawling all over them!

Begin Round One ...

R1T27:
    Book, whip is in hand. Several of your party members are completely unfocused right now. What do you do?
    Show

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Seeing as everyone seems to be nervous about the ants, Book rushes to Xhanfaerd and tries to move him out of range of the swarm.

Spoiler: Tactical Information
    Show
    MA: Move west, grab Xhanfaerd and continue west until both are clear of the ant swarm.

If I can use Deft Maneuvers to reposition Xhanfaerd to avoid AOO from ant swarm will do so.

I have no idea what to roll so:

(1d20+9)[17] (+ is melee attack bonus)

18. - Top - End - #288

Begin Round One ...

R1T27:
    Seeing as everyone seems to be nervous about the ants, Book rushes to Xhanfaerd and tries to move him out of range of the swarm. But trying to bull over someone far stronger than himself and with Xhanfaerd distracted from the ants, Xhanfaerd is unmoved.

R1T23: "Spook ants!" calls Sersheelda. "Not real! I do thing. Friendies, come to me!"

Sersheelda's feet glow as she moves back and calls out to the newcomer. "You come no closer!"

R1T20: Fronaldo, you are distracted/ nauseated/ having a freakout of army ants. You may not take any extracts, take any standard actions, take no actions which are offensive in nature, and only take a single MA and any SwA/FA that you wish to use. What do you do?
    Show

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Batting frantically at the ants, Fronaldo scampers over to Shersheelda.
    “Ack! Get them off!”
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

MA: 10’ N, 5’ NW, 15’ W
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2022-11-02 at 03:24 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290

R1T20: Batting frantically at the ants, Fronaldo scampers over to Shersheelda, while clawing all over himself awkwardly (but being careful not to stab himself), “Ack! Get them off!”

R1T19: The figure floats up fully from the ground. "It's mine!" he repeats. "If found it! The city is mine!"

His grotesque hand with army ants moving all about him swings at Gelik to have his hand pass through the gnome's head to do 38 + hampered and causing Gelik to drop as he seems to fall from old age.

The carpet of army ants seemingly extending out from the half-orc continue to continue to bite at Harrim, Veress, Xhanfaerd, Book, and the now still form of Gelik.

Xhanfaerd, Book, and Gelik, please roll a Fort save (damage pending)!
    Show

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Books Fortitude Save

Spoiler: Fort Save
    Show

(1d20+7)[25] +one use of Charmed Life

CHA modifier is 4

Charmed Life (Ex): 4/day, IA before attempting a save, he can add his CHA modifier to the result of the save. He must choose to do this before making the roll.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhan's fortitude save

Show
    Fortitude - (1d20+8)[23]

23. - Top - End - #293

R1T19: The host of army ants chomp and chew and gnash and bite. Though Gelik lies still, his body yet fights valiantly against the incursion, as do Book, Xhanfaerd and the tiger Veress ... all of whom only take 5 damage, though Harrim and Xhanfaerd are still nauseated. Harrim, for his part, empathizes too dearly with the endings these ants present, taking 10.

R1T16: Gelik, looking like a venerable version of himself, lies still upon the ground, his eyes staring up with a rheumy film, desperately trying to fight for breath even as his mind sleeps.

R1T10: Veress delays, albeit in distress....

R1T8-: Aron looks to Veress and points to Sersheelda and says, "Veress, guard!"

As Veress moves to obey, Aron casts a spell on herself and disappears, using telepathy to let the party know her current position.

R1T4: Xhanfaerd is freaking out too much, and is unable to make heads or tails of his current predicament and why a swarm of army ants can hurt him, even though he wears his swarmbane clasp. Xhanfaerd, what do you do? You are considered nauseated (q.v.).

Harrim on deck, Book in hand ...
    Show

24. - Top - End - #294
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Trying to get rid of the ants, Xhanfaerd moves out of the swarm.

Show
    Moving SW then W.

Edit : Xhanfaerd will redirect damage taken by Gelik to himself, spending PP to reduce it, as well as any ability damage suffered (as long as it's the same effect dealing the damage and ability damage). HP damage takes priority.
    Last edited by silphael; 2022-11-04 at 09:08 AM.

25. - Top - End - #295

R1T4: Trying to get rid of the ants, Xhanfaerd moves out of the swarm.

R1T3: Harrim stumbles up to stand next to Sersheelda.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T27:
    Book, what do you do? You are currently standing in the field of army ants, and Gelik is down. Also, see Sersheelda's vocals.

Sersheelda on deck, Fronaldo in the hole ...
    Show

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book lashes out at the creature with his whip attempting to draw its attention away from the rest of the group and then dashes south.

Spoiler: TP Book>>>Collective
    Show
    "Grab Gelik and withdraw! This one is too much for us! Head back to the camp!"

Spoiler: Technical Information
    Show

SwA: Expend 1 Guile to grant himself a +2 circumstance bonus on all attack rolls until the end of his turn.

Attack Action: using Risky Strike with intention to Demoralise

Attack: (1d20+12)[18] +2

Dmg: (1d3+10)[13] +6

IA: If attacked use Dodging Panache.

MA: move 6 squares south

27. - Top - End - #297

R2T27: Book lashes out at the creature with his whip, striking its elbow for 6, attempting to draw its attention away from the rest of the group and then dashes south.
    Spoiler: Book >>> Collective
    Show
    "Grab Gelik and withdraw! This one is too much for us! Head back to the camp!"

R2T23: Sersheelda uses the collective.
    Spoiler: Sersheela >>> Collective
    Show
    "No, close first."

R2T20: Fronaldo, your freak-out ends. What do you do?

Ant-Man on deck, Gelik in the hole ...
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo takes the opportunity to quickly analyze the situation and their opponent.
    Show

“Shersheelda, what should I do!”

Spoiler: crunch
    Show

perform assessment. Questions that Fronaldo has:
    1. Are the ants real?
    2. Are the ants real or not, still on him?
    3. is their a visible area around Shersheelda protected from the Ghost ants?

29. - Top - End - #299

There is NOT a glowing aura around Sersheelda to guide you to know what her area is.

For off-round vocals, she shouts angrily, "I tells you!"

Fronaldo, what do you do (assessment forthcoming on Discord)?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo shrugs and pulls a flask of alchemist’s fire from his belt.