Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Serpent's Skull: City of Seven Spears [IC]

R3T22:
    Spoiler: Fronaldo >>> Collective
    Show
    “Almost ready. I am North of a snakeman and just East of Xhan.”

R3T16: Sersheelda shuttles north past Aron and then throws a rock at Blue, but the rock misses.

R3T15: Gelik continues his oratory, and casts a spell on Veress for 11 healing.

R3T13: Xhanfaerd, roll a Fort save vs. poison. What do you do?

Book on deck, Blue in the hole ...
    04MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythic Realms (2013, Bruck, Buhlman, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.
    bcool999: 03-07 JUN 2024.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Since one of those snakemen is running away from him, Xhanfaerd focuses his mind to unleash an heavy strike, the kind that shares its weight with its target.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I'll initiate Chains of Doubt, spending 2 PP and my personal focus (so Will DC 20 to avoid one round of nausea for the target. If it fails, Red will also has to save against the nausea)

Attack - (1d20+13)[26]
    Damage - (2d6+10)[14]
    Extra Damage - (5d6)[13]

Spoiler: Deffensive measures
    Show
    Defenses :
    -I'll keep the reroll for the next poison save (unless one save was enough ?)
    -I'll redirect damage to any ally to myself (so only the first instance of damage as normal)
    Last edited by silphael; 2023-01-04 at 02:42 PM.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

3. - Top - End - #393

R3T13: Utilizing his psionic power, Xhanfaerd is fighting off the remaining poison in his system, though he still feels it acting on his body.. Since one of those snakemen is running away from him, Xhanfaerd focuses his mind to unleash an heavy strike, the kind that shares its weight with its target. His earthbreaker slams right into the serpentfolk's midsection, seemingly only doing 16 mod - a powerful strike, surely, but far less efficacious than Xhanfaerd had hoped!

R3T9: Book, what do you do?

Blue on deck, Harrim in the hole ...
    04MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythic Realms (2013, Bruck, Buhlman, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book remains where he is but swings his whip in an incredible display of prowess.

Spoiler: Technical Information
    Show
    Dazzling Display (Ex): FRA, while wielding any flails group weapon (incl. whips), he makes an Intimidate check to demoralize all foes w/in 30' who can see his display.

Intimidate Check: (1d20+18)[26]
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

5. - Top - End - #395

R3T9: Book remains where he is but swings his whip in an incredible display of prowess. It truly is impressive.

R3T8: Blue spins to stab Veress in the back leg for 9, while biting Veress in the head for 5 + 3 poison.

R3T7: Harrim steps behind Xhanfaerd and begins casting a spell that keeps going ...
    Spoiler: Harrim >>> Collective (Xhanfaerd)
    Show
    "Stay where you are, for your time being small in this land is at an end."

R3T6: Red mirrors his partner, stabbing Veress in the same back leg for 15, and biting the tiger in the head for 5 + 3 poison.

R3T5: Aron shoots blue in the right shoulder for 12, and the upper left arm for 15. She gives an order to Veress.

R3T4: Veress withdraws, but as he does so he suffers from the multiple doses of poison in his system (weakened).

End Round 3, Begin Round 4 ....

R4T22:
    Fronaldo, what do you do?

Sersheelda on deck, Gelik in the hole ...
    Show

6. - Top - End - #396
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

The diminutive green assassin appears from nowhere and shanks a snakeman in a tender spot. He draws a second dagger for good measure.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

SA:stab blue snake-man with magic dagger. Risky strike, use guile point to aid attack roll not included, sneak attack, debilitating injury: bewildered. +2 from being invisible.
    to hit - (1d20+14)[27]
    to dam - (1d4+14)[17] plus sneak attack (4d8)[22] and bleed 4
    MA: draw standard dagger.

Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>Collective
    Show

“Hey Book! When you’re done playing with your danger noodle, how about some help?”
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2023-01-05 at 03:21 PM.

7. - Top - End - #397

R4T22: The diminutive green assassin appears from nowhere and shanks a snakeman in a tender spot, killing him instantly. He draws a second dagger for good measure.
    Spoiler: Fronaldo >>> Collective (Book)
    Show
    “Hey Book! When you’re done playing with your danger noodle, how about some help?”

R4T9: Book, what do you do?

Harrim on deck, Red in the hole ...
    Show

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book laughs at Fronaldo while jogging south and east to set up a flanking position and turns his whip loose on the remaining worm person.

Spoiler: Technical Information
    Show
    Move: Two squares south then two squares east to line up with Fronaldo to create a flank.
    Surefooted

Attack: Using Risky Strike (1d20+13)[25]

Haste bonus added.

Sneak Attack (Ex): +3d6 precision damage anytime he is flanking foe, or foe would be denied DEX bonus to AC.

Damage: (1d3+10)[13] +6

Sneak Attack Damage: (3d6)[17]

Debilitating Injury: Disoriented: -2 to attack rolls, but -4 to attack rolls vs. Book.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

9. - Top - End - #399

R4T9: Book laughs at Fronaldo while jogging south and east to set up a flanking position, but can't maintain the same space as a fallen column so no flanking. As he moves behind the serpentfolk, he stabs at Book with his spear but misses. Book turns his whip loose on the remaining worm person, slashing its right hand for 21.

R4T7: Harrim completes his spell, and Xhanfaerd grows to twice his height! He then casts a battle spell on himself and closes on the serpentfolk.

R4T6: The serpentfolk stabs the newly arriving dwarf in the shoulder with a spear, and the wound appears on Xhanfaerd's own shoulder for 14. The serpentfolk follws up with a bite to Harrim's belly for 7 + 3 poison.

R4T5: Aron tells Veress to stay and then steps north to cast a spell on Xhanfaerd for 20 healing.

R4T4: Veress stays as commanded, and is in pain as his body fights the poison.

End Round 4, Begin Round 5 ...

R5T22:
    Fronaldo, what do you do?

Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo feints left with his off hand and then swipes at a vital area on the snakeman with his prime blade; still glistening with the lifeblood of his comrade.

Spoiler: crunch
    Show

MA: Bluff (feint) to make him loose his dex bonus. spend 1 pt. guile to add to my feint roll +2 (not included)
    (1d20+10)[30]
    Attack: Risky Strike with magic dagger
    (1d20+14)[22] to hit
    (1d4+14)[18] plus sneak (4d8)[19] + 4 bleed and disorientated.

11. - Top - End - #401

R5T22: Fronaldo feints left with his off hand and then swipes at a vital area on the snakeman with his prime blade, cutting deep into its chest beneath the ribs for 39 + disoriented + (4 bleed), his blade still glistening with the lifeblood of his comrade now mixed with this guard's own.

R5T16: Sersheelda shifts position and tosses another stone, missing. It is clear that she has no skill at CQB ranged combat.

R5T15: Gelik continues his inspiring oration.

R5T13: Xhanfaerd, roll a Fort save vs. poison. Your stance has reset, so you may use it for this roll if needed. What do you do?

Book on deck, Harrim in the hole ...
    Show

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

After focusing on the future, exploiting his newfound size, Xhanfaerd strikes the last close snakeman with his shiny hammer, hoping to help his allies recover.

Show
    Since it's R5, move action to recover Bilious Strike, and to aid myself.
    Aid myself - (1d20+13)[29]

Standard action, I'll initiate Silver Knight's Blade on Red, healing my ally that seems the most wounded.

Attack - (1d20+13)[15] +4 if the above roll isn't a nat 1.
    Damage - (3d6+12)[16]
    Extra damage and healing - (4d6)[13]

If the aid wasn't a nat 1, all allies gain a +2 morale bonus to attack.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

13. - Top - End - #403

R5T13: Xhanfaerd's psionic power manages to burn off the last of the poison in his system. After focusing on the future, exploiting his newfound size, Xhanfaerd strikes the last close snakeman with his shiny hammer ... his aim helped along by his superspeed, his own mental prowess, and Gelik's oration ... to smack the creature in the head and squash it like a melon and getting 13 healing to Veress

R5T9: Both enemies are down, but Harrim and Veress are currently fighting off poison. Book, what do you do?
    Spoiler: Book
    Show
    You know that Harrim is actually the group's best "physician" (healing without spells), and that you are the team's second-best.

Harrim on deck, Aron in the hole ...
    Show

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book crosses to Harrim and does what he can to aid in recovery.

15. - Top - End - #405

R5T9: Book does what he can to aid in Harrim's recovery.

R5T7: Harrim barely resists the poison this time, but now he - with Book's help - works on helping him continue to resist. Together, they do a very fine job. It's still up to Harrim's body, but they've increased his chances greatly.

R5T5: Aron moves down to Veress and casts a spell on Veress to fight heroically against its affliction.

R5T4: Veress fights off the last vestiges of the poison, though is still weakened from its effects.

End Round 5, Begin Round 6 ...

R6T22: Fronaldo, what do you do?

Show

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>collective
    Show

“I have anti-toxin if anyone needs it.”

He then tries to harvest venom from the snake dudes.

17. - Top - End - #407

R6T22:
    Spoiler: Fronaldo >>> Collective
    Show
    “I have anti-toxin if anyone needs it.”
    Fronaldo comes out of initiative as he begins performing a delicate task.

R6T16: Gelik stops his oration and drops out of initiative, and Sersheelda likewise drops out of intiative.

R6T13: Xhanfaerd, what do you do?

Book on deck assisting Harrim in the hole ...
    Show

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Since Harrim is still fighting the poison, Xhanfaerd gets closer and starts casting Lesser Restoration, tapping into his knowledge of the Primal.

Show
    Primal as in nature, ie druidic knowledge from magaambyan initiate.

19. - Top - End - #409

R6T13: Since Harrim is still fighting the poison, Xhanfaerd gets closer and starts casting Lesser Restoration, tapping into his knowledge of the Primal, though it doesn't seem to have any effect.

R6T9-7: Book assists Harrim, and together they do as good as can be. It's enough, as Harrim is no longer fighting the poison. Harrim doesn't stay to take a breath, though, moving down to the tiger.

R6T5: Aron puts her bow away and casts a guidance on Veress.

R6T4: Even with all of the magical aid, Veress succumbs to the poison, and this time the tiger is impaired.

End Round 6, Begin Round 7 ...

R7T13:
    Xhanfaerd, what do you do?

Book on deck, Harrim in the hole ...
    Show

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

As Harrim isn't that badly affected by poison, Xhanfaerd, still casting, carefully moves toward the tiger.

21. - Top - End - #411

R7T13: As Harrim isn't that badly affected by poison, Xhanfaerd, still casting, carefully moves toward the tiger.

R7T9: Book, what do you do?

Harrim on deck, Aron in the hole ...
    Show

22. - Top - End - #412

Initiative Ends!

Xhanfaerd will continue casting and then finish his lesser restoration while touching Veress as he's being calmed by Aron. Veress is now no longer impaired but still weakened by the effects of the poison.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

His task done, he examines the two snake men and their stuff.
    Spoiler: Fronaldo>>>Collective
    Show

“I will make some anti-venom doses with the stuff I collected.”

24. - Top - End - #414

The degenerate serpentfolk didn't have anything of value on themselves.

Xhanfaerd finishes his spell, reducing the effect of Veress' poison-based injuries.

What does the party wish to do now?
    Show

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“We could try to track these guys back to their lair?” suggests Fronaldo without much hope but some bloodthirsty enthusiasm.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book looks wryly at Fronaldinodio and shakes his head. ”Not part of the plan. I think we press on with our exploration and cataloging.”

27. - Top - End - #417

"I'm not comfortable with that, given Veress' distress," says Aron.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

”Oh of course! I wasn’t saying right now! Only telling Fronaldo what would happen before his suggestion… Let’s head back to camp and rest and recoup. I’ll gladly offer what services I can to help Veress.”replies Book, looking abashed.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

“Cannot we fixss up the big kitty here and keepsss going? Wait! Isss it dinner time?! Let’sss go!” Fronaldo hisses out

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

"If your feline is the only issue, I can further cleanse the consequences of poison, as far as I know."

In case the party pursuits the tracking or exploring, he casts Mage Armor on himself.