New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default Re: Serpent's Skull: City of Seven Spears [IC]

Book says, "Well, if he were going to pull some kind of foolhardy stunt to prove he wasn't just a lapdog, I imagine he would require supplies. Most likely arms. Let's start there and see if we can retrace his steps." and heads to the Quartermasters tent to make inquiries.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

2. - Top - End - #902
    Colossus in the Playground

Once at the Quartermaster's tent, he noticed when your crew came back to camp, but that was closing time for him as he helps with the serving of the meal. And nothing appears to have been taken. There was a case of bolts that was not where it was supposed to be when he did morning inventory, but that wasn't any cause for alarm as he just as easily might have misplaced it last night.
    04MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythic Realms (2013, Bruck, Buhlman, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.
    bcool999: 03-07 JUN 2024.

3. - Top - End - #903
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Okay, well I'm out of ideas... I guess the next step would be to try to think of where he might have gone. He did imply he might try to take action against the other camp. Maybe we should head that way and see if we can pick up his scent?" says Book with a shrug.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

4. - Top - End - #904
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

With a nod, Xhanfaerd adds.

"That would be a way to start, yes. But given how large the jungle is, without any other clue, this might turn into a wild goose chase, sadly."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

5. - Top - End - #905

"I have a feeling that if he acted against the Sargavan camp," answers Amivor, "we would surely have heard of it by now. No, either Fronaldo - an excellent tracker and master of stealth - either wants to remain hidden. Or, something just as good or better at it than he has removed him from the board. You've done what you can and investigated everything I can think of, and everything you can think of, so will he or no, Fronaldo cannot be found at this time."
    04MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythic Realms (2013, Bruck, Buhlman, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #906
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhanfaerd nods solemnly.

"What we can do, however, is leave him messages in places he might look for us, if for some reason he cannot go back to camp."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

7. - Top - End - #907
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"That's a thought... Expound more on that idea for us?"

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

He explains.

"Well. We probably could place messages under clear stacks of rocks with content that only one of us could understand, or place rocks and stuff like that. Both would work."

9. - Top - End - #909
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"That's a sound idea. Let's make it happen. Xhanfaerd can you take charge of that? I hate to leave the little guy out there... But I don't know what else to do unless we orchestrate an all-out search. I think we should send a message to the Sagavans to ask if he's been seen and to keep an eye out for him. I'll head over there and ask around if that's all right with you, Amivor?" Book suggests.

10. - Top - End - #910

Amivor is fine with that.

Will Book go alone, or is "the group" going?
    Show

11. - Top - End - #911
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book will accept any who wish to accompany him.

12. - Top - End - #912

Let's assume the group goes. You head to the Sargavan camp and then are seen by the General. What do you say to him?
    Show

13. - Top - End - #913
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Employing both diplomacy and perception, Book greets the General and says, "Sir, we have a problem. A missing man. There has been no trace of him since our return to camp. He's a good man and a valuable member of our team. The issue is, he may not be well-liked at first sight and he can be a little grating now and then... But we were wondering if you or any of the camp had caught sight of him? Small, greenish fellow? Lots of teeth?" and he continues with a basic description of what Fronaldo was wearing and possibly carrying.

14. - Top - End - #914

"I hope you don't think that we are going to deal with daily visitations?" asks the General. "I have not seen your pet goblin."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #915
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"Of course not, General. We just wanted to ascertain if you had seen our valuable team member or not. Thank you for your time." Book replies politely, not to be goaded on by the man.

Did Book get any sense of deception from his reply?

16. - Top - End - #916

Book didn't sense any deception from the man. Presumably you go back to Pathfinder Central.

Now what?
    Show

17. - Top - End - #917
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Right. Book decides to organise a search of the area between the camps. He will take any volunteers who want to look for the green goblin or clues to his whereabouts.

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhanfaerd joins the search party. He isn't the best at spotting, but he tries to use what he knows about the goblin to deduce possible direction he might have gone.

19. - Top - End - #919

What type of search area/ radius/ coverage do you use? Amivor is willing to have the Pathfinders-general aid in this, of course.

You actually don't need to break this down to the absolute nut if you don't want to, but I don't want to make rolls and give results, and THEN you start doing a deep dive of you telling me "how."
    Show

20. - Top - End - #920
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book suggests a line of searchers, each covering a 10-foot section from NW to SW, starting at our camp and heading towards the Sargaven camp. 9 searchers plus himself, and whoever else will volunteer from the team. However, he is open to additional suggestions or variances on his idea.

21. - Top - End - #921

Using Book's idea, and perhaps input from others, a search is made with as good a possible a focus as it can be given everyone's skills and abilities.

It takes all day.

No sign of Fronaldo.
    Show

22. - Top - End - #922
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book flops down in his cot muttering, "When we find the little green turd, he's going to pay for this."and sleeps. On the next day, he suggests they do another round of searching heading NE.
    Last edited by BuckGodot; 2023-12-28 at 03:25 PM.

23. - Top - End - #923

Oathday, 2 Pharast 4711 AR

Xhanfaerd, do you set up anything different today?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Lacking any spell to find lost allies, Xhanfaerd sticks to his former spell setup.

"It doesn't look like he left toward the Sargavan camp, and after a few days, exploring another possibility in the jungle is likely to bring nothing anymore. Maybe we should look for other specific points and see if anything happened there ? Or maybe Fronaldo already went to investigate what was our next goal before the Sargavan arrived ?"

25. - Top - End - #925

"Maybe this, maybe that," Gelik says with obvious frustration. "Maybe, maybe, maybe. But what do we do in the meantime?"
    Show

26. - Top - End - #926
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"I'm open to looking at other points... but we can't let this distract us from our reason for being here for too long. I know he's mischievous and troublesome, but I can't help but feel something unfortunate has happened. Xhanfaerd, what other points would you suggest?" says Book feeling frustrated and at a loss for once.

27. - Top - End - #927
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

He shakes his head.

"As I said, if he doesn't want to be found, we won't find him, and it is the same for whoever might have captured him, especially after a few days. I think we should resume our exploration, and be attentive for potential signs of hisa actions on the way."

28. - Top - End - #928
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book sighs in frustration... "Okay... Back to work then... I guess... But keeping an eye out for signs..."

29. - Top - End - #929

Do you go back to the same site, adjust rotations, and keep watch over the movements of that hall of the winged simian archers, or something else?
    Show

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

It is indeed what Xhanfaerd suggests.