New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Serpent's Skull: City of Seven Spears [IC]

The party continues to explore along the water's edge and the adjacent (and adjacent-adjacent) buildings, heading northeast and north as the water's edge then heads east. They return to report/ debrief/ journal.

Fronaldo does general experimentation with body parts and effluvia taken from the chimera. Where yesterday Gelik tutored Aron on technique, today Aron tutors Gelik on artistic presence. Book simply takes it easy on a Sunday evening and rests. It's leg day for Xhanfaerd's strength training.

Moonday, 6 Calistril 4711 AR (Waxing Crescent)

Book, which way(s)?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Due north for two squares, please.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

3. - Top - End - #183

The party explores due north, reaching the southernmost tip of a different body of water, and then return "home" to debrief.

Xhanfaerd runs combat training for everyone except Aron, who turns in early, complaining of headaches brought on by "strange whispers."

Toilday, 7 Calistril 4711 AR (Waxing Crescent)

Book, which way today?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

North one square. West one square.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

5. - Top - End - #185

The party explores north, but because of the large waterway have to backtrack to explore the western bank as well. The ruins of the city-proper are diminishing here. The party returns to camp.

That evening, as part entertainment and part didacticism, Xhanfaerd starts to mention other magical creatures - not unlike the chimera - that exist in mythology and legend. Sersheelda, Book, Amivor, Aron, Gelik, and many of the Pathfinders enjoy this. Fronaldo doesn't find Xhanfaerd an engaging speak and is bored, and when Xhanfaerd doesn't include alchemical usages for owlbear feathers, Fronaldo just goes off to work on knife techniques to work out his overall, weeks-long boredom.

Wealday, 8 Calistril 4711 AR (Waxing Crescent)

What's next, Book?
    Show

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Due west two squares, please.

7. - Top - End - #187

The party has only just begun heading west, when a short, squat, bald-headed man with slate gray skin accosts you with a deep and scratchy voice. "Who are you that dithers about the ruins of Saventh-Yhi?"
    Show

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book steps back from a fascinating mural he was investigating and says, ”Greetings, friend. We are but a humble group of archaeologists. Researchers hoping to learn from and preserve the ancient mysteries of the peoples who were here before us. What brings you to these wonderful ruins?”

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo eyes the stranger, fingering the hilt of one of his knives.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

using his keen powers of observation and almost supernatural ability to sense motives, Fronaldo studies the newcomer.

10. - Top - End - #190

The little man makes a circuit more to the west to see more of the party, and they him.

"My name is Dr. Kilral Blackmountain, Aspis Consortium .... member of your biggest competitors ... and we are here in Saventh-Yhi now as well."

"Doo-gar! Kill 'em!" shouts a warning cry from Sersheelda, though she doesn't do anything until the group commits.

"She's right," says Harrim. "Degenerate duergar," he adds spitting, "but, I guess, we are all doomed, so perhaps such delineations are pointless."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo casually saunters West 5 ft. to better take advantage of cover while keeping an eye on the good doctor.

12. - Top - End - #192

"Yes," he smiles, "kill me for my race, or the color of my skin. Anyway, we are here now. My camp is just north up this side of this finger lake. Where is your encampment. Perhaps we can find a tentative truce?"
    Show

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Looking the man over, Book says to the group, ”Lets not be hasty…” Turning back he says, “I’m not in a position to make that call, however, I’ll take your offer back to the head cheese and see what’s decided.” and turns to the others.

“We’ll call it a day here and report back.”

Spoiler: Technical Information
    Show
    Assess and try to sense if he’s lying. (Sense Motive)

14. - Top - End - #194
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Gelik will keep an eye on the rear to make sure the group isnt being followed/Alert them if they are

15. - Top - End - #195

Everything about this guy is off. He seems super-sus. The problem is that when people are being sus, you don't know what is truth and what is lie.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Right. So… back to camp.
    Spoiler: Book>>>Gelik TP
    Show
    ”Lets do our best to make sure we’re not followed…”

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo will endeavor to obfuscate their tracks.

18. - Top - End - #198

"HOW DARE YOU TURN YOUR BACK ON ME, THOUGH SALMON-SKINNED CRETINS! PREPARE TO DIE!"

Begin Round One ...

R1T27: Veress, instantly sensing hostility, roars in readiness for his mistress' commands.

R1T25: Sersheelda snarls and moves to a better vantage point. "No ken ass-piss. Doogar killies fam. Die, now!" she shouts before casting a spell and sending forth a mote of flame at the duergar but it goes wildly up into the canopy before guttering out, though she still has a mote of flame resting in her palm still.

R1T22: Book, this took a strange turn. What do you do?
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book draws his whip and begins a mighty display of prowess.

Spoiler: TP: Book>>>Collective
    Show
    "Everyone stand down. This stinks of a setup! Defense only!"

"Stay back!"

Show
    Dazzling Display (Ex): FRA, while wielding any flails group weapon (incl. whips), he makes an Intimidate check to demoralize all foes w/in 30' who can see his display.

20. - Top - End - #200

R1T22: Book draws his whip and begins a mighty display of prowess, saying, "Stay back!"
    Spoiler: Book >>> Collective
    Show
    "Everyone stand down. This stinks of a setup! Defense only!"

R1T21: "Veress, down!" shouts Aron as she casts a spell on herself and takes a mid-party position.

R1T19: Fronaldo, what do you do?
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo grabs a dagger, squeaks “Eeep!” and ducks behind some cover before quaffing an extract. He disappears from everyone’s view.

Show

Ma:Draw his favorite magic dagger and Duck behind some bushes and ruins. It doesn’t need to be full cover. Feign frightened goblin squeak.
    SA:drink extract of invisibility
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2022-09-30 at 11:23 AM.

22. - Top - End - #202

R1T19: Fronaldo grabs a dagger, squeaks “Eeep!” and ducks behind some cover before quaffing an extract. He disappears from everyone’s view.

R1T16: Gelik, what do you do?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Gellik will begin his oration to inspire courage, and ready himself to fire upon the strange man should he actually decide to attack.

Spoiler: pay no attn to the rolls behind the curtain
    Show
    MA; begin bardic performance, Inspire Courage.
    RA; If the stranger Attacks and Ally then Fire a Planar Detonation at Stranger. [/roll=Attack]1d20+9[/roll] Dmg - (3d6)[12]

24. - Top - End - #204

R1T16: Gelik begins his oration to inspire courage, and readies himself to fire upon the strange man should he actually decide to attack.

R1T14: Though a little shaken, the duergar begins casting a spell that Gelik doesn't recognize, so it isn't until the spell is successfully finished and he actually shoots forth a beam of energy at the tiger that Gelik reflexively shoots at him with a planar detonation as well. Gelik's shot goes wide, but the dark energy of the dwarf's spell hits Veress squarely. Despite the perfect shot, Veress is too mighty a target to be felled by such simple tools.

R1T13: Fruthrin Steelfeet, Sersheelda's spectral wolf, comes out of the area where it is to bite the duergar's lower right arm for 5. So savage is Fruthrin's worrying of his target that the dwarf is knocked off of his feet.

R1T12: Veress moves over to his mistress to protect her.

R1T10: Xhanfaerd, what do you do?

Harrim on deck, Sersheelda in the hole ...
    Show

25. - Top - End - #205
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Taking out his hammer, Xhanfaerd steps to the front, forming a second first line aside from the tiger, before taking a stance and casting Haste on as many allies as possible.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Moving 1 NW 5W while unsheathing weapon, then enter Internal Dominion of the Sleeping Goddess, rerolling either the first attack that hits me, or my first failed save.
    Then I cast Haste, centered on the center group (so both NE and SW characters aren't in, I can't include one of them without removing someone due to the "not two of which are more than 30 feet apart" clause)
    I'll redirect damage to myself, too, no matter how low the damage.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

26. - Top - End - #206

R1T10: Taking out his hammer, Xhanfaerd steps to the front, forming a second first line aside from the tiger, before taking a stance and casting haste on as many allies as possible (which includes all but Fruthrin Steel feet, Sersheelda, and Gelik - because they're out of range; and Fronaldo - because he's invisible).

R1T3: Harrim casts a spell, and now in addition to Gelik's oration and Xhanfaerd's speed spell, everyone feels a calm focus in battle to help them bring about the end of their enemy.

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T25:
    Sersheelda goes up to the fallen duergar and swings at him with her fiery hand, missing wildly.

R2T22: Book, you feel yourself amped up in speed! What do you do?
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    You get bonuses (that I deal with), an additional attack when making a FAA, and +30' speed.

Aron on deck, Fronaldo in the hole ...
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book draws his sidearm and rushes to the downed foe. Kneeling on his chest, he places the weapon to the enemy's head and says, "Look here, little fellow, I don't know what your game is but you can either stop right now and live to regret it or we can just end you. You are clearly outnumbered and outgunned. Stand. Down. Now!"

Show
    MA: Move 6 squares west. (Surefooted)
    SwA: Draw weapon

Use Intimidate to end conflict

28. - Top - End - #208

R2T22: Book draws his sidearm and rushes to the downed foe while taking out his pepperbox. Book fails to grapple the duergar. "Look here, little fellow, I don't know what your game is but you can either stop right now and live to regret it or we can just end you. You are clearly outnumbered and outgunned. Stand. Down. Now!"

"Foolish interloper!" the duergar cackles maniacally ...

R2T21: Aron casts a spell on herself, and whirling globes of distracting color orbit and surround her before she moves out.

... "Flee Saventh-Yhi!"

R2T19: Fronaldo, what do you do?

Gelik on deck, Dr. Blackmountain in the hole ...
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-10-05 at 06:06 PM.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo does something invisibly…probably.
    Show

SA: create archanotoxin Strength, full power
    MA: apply to magic dagger

30. - Top - End - #210

R2T19: Fronaldo does something invisibly…probably.

R2T15: Gelik, what do you do? You are currently inspiring courage.

Dr. Blackmountain on deck, Fruthrin in the hole ...
    Show