New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Serpent's Skull: City of Seven Spears [IC]

More jungle, less exploration. You can select two more squares..
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

West 1. North 1.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

3. - Top - End - #243

With the party at this distance, do you take an exploratory route back to camp, or fishhhook all the way to the east, then south, then west?
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Fishhook, definitely.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

5. - Top - End - #245

The party returns, showing a rough map of their jungle movements. Amivor mentions that there is definitely a large encampment that seems to have set up about 500' northeast or so of the Pathfinders' encampment. He figures that it is either the Free Captains or the Sargavan Government that have arrived.

That evening, Aron and Gelik have a passionate discussion about the performing arts. Amivor, Book, and Xhanfaerd talk about various combat practices and styles. Sersheelda and Harrim have a spiritual discussion.

Sunday, 12 Calistril 4711 AR (First Quarter)

What is the plan today?
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

South two squares, please.

7. - Top - End - #247

The party's exploration leads them right up to sparse stone ruins, their roofs open to the sky and their walls thick with vines, perching next to three crystal blue pools in this circular, bowl-shaped valley.

Every. single. one of you .... note that while the sounds of jungle life remain strong beyond the edges of this valley, the singing of birds and even the whirring of insects is strangely absent within.

Your day's exploration leads you right to this point but not beyond. You are starting to lose the light. Does the party want to press on anyway or hold off?
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book votes to come back in the daylight so everything can be properly examined and catalogued.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo suppresses a shiver of unease at the unearthly quite valley and votes to leave and come back tomorrow.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhanfaerd nods.

"We should keep it for tomorrow, indeed."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

11. - Top - End - #251

And the party carefully backs out and returns only along previously explored routes to then debrief Amivor.

That evening, before discussions and training, Harrim - the cleric of Groetus - informs the party. "Whatever import you have taken upon yourself on the morrow, I will note be with you, for it is Sunday. And I will see to the spiritual needs of the camp. I only say this, because creepy quiet often smacks of spooks and the dead."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo sidles up to Book nervously. “Maybe we should wait until the day after tomorrow to explore the creepy ruins? Ghosts give me the willies! Plus I can’t stab them real well because…you know…already dead. Maybe explore a faster route from here to the creepy place and then the next day go in with the cleric. …in front.”

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book says, "Come on guys... Ghosts and ghoulies? Really? Fine. How about we take a rest day? I'm sure all the other camps are too..."

14. - Top - End - #254

Xhanfaerd and Gelik ... are you fine with resting a day?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #255
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Gellik shrugs, "I have no desire to fight the undead without a reliable link to the Devine on my side, so i see no reason not to postpone our exploration of that clearing until one can accompany us"
    Last edited by Master K; 2022-10-23 at 12:35 PM.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Nodding, Xhanfaerd adds.

"Indeed, we should take one day off, at the very least. Even if necessity dictates we hustle, there are still benefits to taking a break : we will have time to take a new, different approach on our latest discoveries, and that also gives us time to review and reorder our records."
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

17. - Top - End - #257

Everyone enjoys the evening in leisuretime activities for this Sunday.

Moonday, 13 Calistril 4711 AR (Waxing Gibbous)

There may have been a miscommunication ... yesterday was Sunday, that's why you didn't push forward. That said, do you want to take a day off on this day for a "mental health break" since the group as a whole has been pushing pretty hard?
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-10-23 at 08:16 PM.
    Show

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book is anxious to continue the archeological exploration but will agree to another rest day if the group desires it.

19. - Top - End - #259

Aron, on the other hand, feels a compulsion to move forward ... specifically back to the cenotes ... to see if the party can find the source of environmental unease and how to heal it.

Harrim thinks waiting for the end to come is ridiculous. "If our doom is today or tomorrow, let it be today and we greet it with a smile."

Sersheelda, on the other hand, is very reticent to fight anything spooky, but she wants to know before she sets up her dailies. Otherwise, she could use a rest just because the group has been hitting it hard and nonstop.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo is ready to go if everyone else is.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Hesitating, Xhanfaerd adds.

"But we could also rest after exploring those ruins, it's true. I'm for that."

22. - Top - End - #262
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

while not thrilled with the prospect of fighting undead Gelik knows that the expedition is on a clock, especially with the some of the other companies already having their own camps set up, and undoubtedly teams of their own out exploring. so he is in favor of pushing onward, the chronicle of there heroic deeds cant be written without said heroic deeds.

23. - Top - End - #263

The workaholics get the vote! (Does that make them the Labour Party?)

Book, where are you exploring today? Are you going back to the cenotes and exploring further to determine the cause of unease in the area, or leaving it alone for now?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Book is curious about the cenotes and wishes to return and resume/begin their excavation.

25. - Top - End - #265

Considering you presume that something spooky will come your way, does anyone want to do something different for their dailies?

EDIT: Sersheelda dismisses Fruthrin and the big cow horns she had before. Now, she has a wolf's ruff at her neck ... she has a glowing hoop earring ... and there is a semi-transparent overlay to her fists going back to her wrists that include a large set of vambraces for protection. She still has the weird shifting sand around her feet as before.
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2022-10-25 at 08:45 PM.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo will mix different concoctions for his extracts today to adjust to the possibility of incorporeal threats.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

swap 1st level extract monkeyfish for a second shield.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Xhanfaerd sticks to his current loadout of spells, but readies Bilious Strike instead of Gutstrike.

28. - Top - End - #268

The party makes its careful fishhok around to then carefully begin exploring down into the valley with the three large cenotes, incidentally "closing a loop" by doing so as far as overall explored area.

The cenotes are ahead but at a distance, and now you are thick in the local stillness. What do you do?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Fronaldo shivers instinctively and then points to Xhan, then to his own head and makes a rough circle in the air with his finger towards the other members of the party. He quaffs a vile of vibrant green fluid and his skin takes on a fine scaled sheen and his eyes change to a reptilian pupil.
    Spoiler: crunch
    Show

drink mutagen
    Last edited by Blackhawk101; 2022-10-28 at 08:09 AM.

30. - Top - End - #270

Aron communicates ...
    Spoiler: Aron >>> Collective (Fronaldo)
    Show
    "Fronaldo, what are you trying to pantomime? We have Xhanfaerd's collective, you know."
    Show