New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Jumpers vs. 40k IC1: Worst. Isekai. Ever.

"Beng Fair... Danger... If your Ultron and Sentinels are anything like my Red Ultracano and...also Sentinels then they were respectively based on the brainwaves of a man who was unknowingly mentally ill and then left to develop from that—in effect an organic intelligence in an artificial vessel—and based on code that was programed by a quack anthropologist with only amateur understanding of programming, cybernetic brain structures, or psychology organic or cybernetic. Garbage in, Garbage out."

That's really all that Alex has to add right now.

A Random Planet in th Octarius Sector

A lone ork is wrestling with some minor Tryranid unit or another, it doesn't really matter, when a Hush Tube appears and out steps Thanoseid.

"Don't mind me, I'm just here to do a little experiment..."Self=Thanoseid"I am just curious as to how your respective psionic gestalts would react to a little equation...."loneliness + alienation + fear + despair + self-worth ÷ mockery ÷ condemnation ÷ misunderstanding ⋅ guilt ⋅ shame ⋅ failure ⋅ judgment n=y where y=hope and n=folly, love=lies, life=death, self=dark side"Cary on."Self=Thanoseid

He leaves through the same Hush Tube moments after he arrived, having stayed on planet just long enough for the hidden Godspeach to carry his message.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #422
    Titan in the Playground

Orks and Villainy:
    Orks are a simple species to understand in this galaxy. While they can be stupid, this simplicity can also shear away anything unnecessary or unneeded. When they want to shoot something, they get a Shoota and just start firing- though the love the sound dakka (ork onomatopoeia for gunfire) makes just as much as shooting something itself and when they fire their guns at the beginning of battle its to get themselves excited as much as it is to kill the enemy. When they want to cut or bash things, they use a Choppa, and the Choppa is basically something much like a knife to Orks: an all-purpose tool with many uses for many things, not just combat but survival and so on. Sure neither a Shoota or a Choppa have any singular one form or standard design, but that doesn't matter as long as a Choppa chops things and a Shoota shoots dakka like a fully automatic assault rifle. Orks don't really care about things looking particularly clean or standard as long it gets them what they want, where they need to go and so on. Granted, this species is so hardy and resilient biologically that their medical practice is still in the 19th century and they don't see any problem with this given that you can literally chop an ork's head and sew it onto another orks body or a fully ork cybernetic body and have it work, so its not likely these beings have any standard of comfort or whatever resembling humanities. Their social hierarchy is similarly simple yet effective: the biggest one is in charge, and everyone smaller than that has got to obey. If they don't obey, they get krumped (orkish for "violently brutalized in melee combat"). Similarly, the way Orks enforce their own social mores is similarly simple: anyone who is acting "Unorky" (a concept similar to the Imperium 's "heresy") is in for a krumpin'. (orkish for "actively in the process of violently brutalizing people in melee combat"). This often happens to Tyranid-infected orks who often stop acting cheerful or fight-happy and thus get shot for being too calm, quiet and logical.

So when a Anti-Life Equationized Ork goes back to its Waaaaaaagh! (a word meaning multiple things in Orkish, the main two meanings being 1: in the context of charging into battle, its a battlecry expressing joy at the commencement of said battle. and 2: in the context of Ork politics, it refers to an active ork army/horde/crusaders/pub crawlers on the move under a Warboss) Its likely that there are orks bigger and stronger than them, called Nobz (big orks halfway between normal ork Boyz and a Warboss) who probably notices the Ork is acting Unorky, since one doubts that an Ork who has lost all joy in life to serve Darkseid probably isn't acting very orky at all, since Orks are the happiest beings in Warhammer 40,000. They're not good people by any means, but they are happy and full of life. They will probably go up to this ork and go
    "Hey you git, why you acting unorky? Stop that or you'll get krumped"
    If the ork disobeys or worse spout off anything about serving Darkseid and/or besmirching Gork and Mork that is especially Unorky and will commence trying to shoot and krump him until they fall in line (probably impossible since they've been Anti-Life Equation'd) or die. Orks don't really care about the latter outcome, because any dead ork releases spores that orkiform any planet they are on- they do this even when alive, but even death doesn't really stop orks from reproducing, terraforming and thus contributing to the orkish ecosystem. Sure these spores will probably only make minor ork ecosystem stuff like squigs (the closest thing Orks have to dogs but far more versatile) or grots (space goblins serving the orks), but over time that builds up into making orks and bigger squigs. The only common thing that really stops this reproductive cycle is fire, but most of the galaxy doesn't know this fact and those that do discover it by accident and enshrine it as an old tradition or superstition, often on worlds where there is a tradition of fighting orks due to their tendency to just get everywhere- seriously, orks are like pests, they just get everywhere in their ramshackle ships. Sadly, their gestalt psychic field while a factor is a bit over-exaggerated by some Imperial scholars and recent tests of their technology suggest that while their psychic field might help grease the wheels of their tech here and there so to speak, mekboy orks simply have some instinctual understanding of technology at birth that allows them to fiddle with things beyond their current understanding (rather than having reality-warping power to make machines work), even going so far as to speak technobabble in one sentence then be confused as to what they even said the next.

Darkseid is an intelligent being, however and he can probably draw the conclusion that corrupting a Warboss with the Anti-Life Equation will be more effective since there won't be any orks stronger than them to tell them no.

With Slaanesh:
    Meanwhile Slaanesh is frowning, dealing with the orks Frode set upon her. Sure they will die sooner or later given the endless Daemon hordes of Daemonettes he can call upon, but Orks are truly annoying to deal with: they don't get corrupted by Chaos most of the time because of Gork and Mork, they are not particularly beautiful and relative to other cultures aren't particularly excessive in most things: most orks like a simple life of just brawling, drinking fungus beer and shooting off their dakka fromt heir shootas. Furthermore, not even torturing them works to power him/her because Orks don't experience much pain as a result of their resilience. They are kind of just everything that Slaanesh doesn't like in a species, sure she can get some small amounts of pleasure energy from Flash Gitz or orks who overdesign their guns and such, but not enough to be worth it to any degree. Ultimately they are just pests to be destroyed for her/him so they can find some real psychic meals.

Tyranids Vs. the Anti-Life Equation:
    Tyranids are....harder to explain in some ways. I as the narrator, must inform you that no book has ever told a story from the viewpoint of a Tyranid. Everything we know about them is from other species observing and naming them from an outside perspective. This is the first problem with understanding Tyranids.

The second problem with determining what happens is....well....what species of Tyranid did Thanoseid corrupt? Because there are a lot of Tyranid subspecies. But you said minor, so...so lets say he corrupted a Termagant: a common small Tyranid about 1.3 metres tall, agile, often accompanying Tyranid Warriors who are synapse node beings who command parts of the Hive Mind.

The Third problem is....well.....Tyranids are intentionally written to be unknowable and not corruptible by Chaos. Sure the Anti-Life Equation is stronger, but what does it do that that Chaos Corruption doesn't? Do Tyranids even know what despair is? Do they even get the idea communicated? But apparently thats not how the Anti-Life Equation works? But the Tyranid Hivemind is not a single mind capable of small, conscious thought the way a human's mind works, but instead a grand agglomeration of like, the psychic presence of billions of Tyranids allowing it to adapt and coordinate as if they are all one organism, utterly focused on its instinct of consuming all other life and cannot be reasoned with or deterred from this quest.

Meanwhile the Anti-Life Equation is more about controlling free will? But the Tyranids don't have that anyways! Does that make them MORE or LESS Vulnerable? I guess it makes them more vulnerable? The Anti-Life Equation is confusing and disturbing. I guess Darkseid controls the Termagaunt now? But....it doesn't have any method to communicate back to Darkseid. The thing about Tyranids, is that they constantly.....recycled. The average minor Tyranid unit is nothing but a piece that does its job killing things and gathering more flesh to eat. Its not made to communicate with any being that isn't the Tyranid hivemind, and thus doesn't have any knowledge or capability to speak a language. Its just supposed to carry biotech weaponry and kill things in swarms. One guesses it can still take orders? Its connected to a Tyranid Warrior thats connected to the Hivemind, which I guess it means he controls the Tyranid Warrior and all the Termagaunts under its Synapse node, but then it becomes a question of how fast the idea of the Anti-Life Equation spreads throughout the Hivemind from there?

However Thanoseid will probably observe an ork getting a lucky shot and killing one of the (probably uncorrupted) Tyranid Warriors of this battlefield, and automatically the Termagaunts and other tyranids under it all revert to primal states and just attack anything around them without direction. It seems that the Tyranid Hive mind has a certain hierarchy to it where instead of all being one mind, its more like a series of living relay stations where each node directs the Tyranids under them and gets orders from a wider section of the mind above them. Its probable that the spread of the Anti-Life Equation will spread slower the higher it goes as it deals with the problems of interstellar communication like everything else in the setting, with a single Tyranid Hive Fleet on the planet/in the solar system being the highest this reaches in a short amount of time. No one knows if the Anti-Life Equation stays in minor Tyranids if a node is killed in this "Thanoseid Hive Fleet" though. This is pretty untested after all. That is probably what happens, lacking any better understanding of the Anti-Life Equation.

Ensara:
    "Let me check my Warp Library on good Necron Dynasties....Okay done."
    She says
    "Yes there are a few obscure Necron Dynasties like that, lets see....first there is the Ahmateph Dynasty, which figures they want to return to flesh, but figure that returning to their previous mortal forms would be a mistake given how irradiated and short their lives were. So instead they seeking out the long-lost Primarch Vulkan of the Salamanders to ask him to use body as a sample for them to reverse bio-transference into, given that he was the last known Perpetual in the galaxy. A human offshoot that is basically immortal- not even I can kill them normally, as my method of killing immortal things only work on spirits like Daemons or gods. Basically they want to replicate Perpetuals and become them. I doubt its a genetic thing either, as Perpetuals have been known to return from being disintegrated entirely. Basically they want the benefits of being living and actually being able to enjoy food and other senses while still being immortal, trade their current immortality for a better one.

Then there is Sahukare Dynasty, which is investigating a strange phenomena: a minor alien race rightfully fearful of the Imperium coming to kill them all did... something....that sent out a big pulse of Anti-psychic energy on a certain day across their entire solar system few hundred years ago. The ruins that are left are devoid of any life at all with no evidence of them dying. As if they all just.....disappeared. The Sahukare Dynasty is mostly investigating to try and figure out how to replicate such a big pulse of anti-psychic energy to use against the Warp and other entities. I don't know what this minor alien race did either, given my source is from the Warp, it blocks my Chaos Goddess senses.

Third, is the Senuros Dynasty, which is trying make a city to trade with organic beings to try and convince them they're friendly so they can study organic being on equitable terms so that they can gather more information on how to reverse bio-transference and what they might want to bio-transfer into, after all, why have one-size fits all approach to what body people want? Problem is, Necrons have been organic for millions of years and have become quite bad at catering to them. That and the whole prejudice and hate and galaxy of war thing.

Fourth is the Kheskaf Dynasty, who no longer see the point of keeping up the old feud between them and the Eldar and were a Dynasty that was forced into Bio-Transference anyways and thus are still feeling rebellious against other dynasties about that. They also want to destroy all C'tan believing they're parasites on the galaxy that are a drain on its resources.

Fifth is the Takhasret Dynasty who don't see much point in fighting over a galaxy that they can see the Tyranids are coming to eat anyways, so they're working on developing a way to travel between galaxies to escape this galaxy to find a better one. They're not using the Warp to do so, as Necrons usually don't instead construction a giant Inertialess Drive, bigger than the usual ones they use for FTL travel.

Sixth is the Eurytekh Dynasty which seeks out planets with unique or unusual ecologies and sets up defenses to preserve them since they don't want other species to invade and destroy them for being different, similar mindset to Trazyn but more environmental and less collection focused. Basically they're environmentalists applied to the long term galactic scale, and they consider Tyranids to be the ultimate invasive species, though they don't like orks or humans either given how those tend to act. They also consider Eldar an endangered species and try to stay away from Exodite and Maiden Worlds due to how some Eldar tend to get very violent if you settle on those worlds."

"If by "violent", you mean "genocide the entire colony for daring to live on land that they weren't using but still claim as being theirs because of some ancient claim the Eldar claim they had even though the colony has been there for hundreds or even thousands of years by that point" yes" Rhiannon points out
    "An issue we'll get to when the galaxy isn't on fire" Ensara says "Finally we have the Nehenza Dynasty, which focuses not just on fighting the Warp and Chaos, but investigating obscure and strange Warp phenomena across the galaxy, hoping to figure out and understand more about the Warp. However they often run into a little known Eldar Craftworld called Aemerith that does similar work and thus they sometimes fight each other, sometimes stare warily at each other while they investigate and sometimes diplomatically agree to this ancient agreement between where they sent two investigators on what is basically a supernatural buddy cop mission where one Necron and one Eldar try to figure out whats going on a planet because they agree whatever weird thing is going on is more important the Eldar/Necron feud."
    "Wait....what? That sounds odd" Rhiannon says
    "Hey, its a big galaxy Rhiannon. We're not the only weird stories in it, not by a long shot. I'm keeping up with Ciaphas Cain's adventures on the side."
    "Wha- why would you like Ciaphas Cain, he's the Hero of the Imperium?" Rhiannon says confused
    "Heh. I'm not explaining this to you, its funnier if you don't know."
    "Don't know what!? I demand to see Ciaphas Cain at once!"
    "Nah. Guy's got an incredibly strong luck-warping effect around him for no apparent reason that makes sure his life and reputation are protected. Better to not mess with that. Wouldn't be surprised if the Benefactors granted that to him as a joke.

But! Enough of that tangent."
    Ensara says "I'd be happy to brawl both a Warboss and the Swarmlord. And the tons of tyranids and orks will be good things to use my weaponry and techniques on too. seems we're starting to focus on Octarius and Orrery, Alex you don't seem to be commenting much so....it seems we're coming to decision on that?"
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #423
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Red Ultra... does that mean Hank Pym was merged with T.O. Morrow in that Amalgam?" Frode muttered, blinking slowly. He shook his head, getting back on track.

"Anyways, hrm. Senuros, Kheskaf, or Nehenza seem like the most likely candidates for an alliance; what are their relationships to one another? Would it be feasible to join forces with more than one of them, do you think?"

Frode started to pace a little. "Do we have accurate maps of the Octarius Sector? I was thinking that we should bring the Sabre in... suitably updated, of course... so that the Imperial civvies would be more willing to talk to us. I should be able to make her dimensionally transcendent as well, so that we can evacuate entire planetary populations if we need to. Fleet movements, Warp storms..." Frode trailed off, thinking hard.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Ensara:
    "....I'll assume Alex's silence on this matter means agreement. After all, she gets real talkative about things she is against. Though I hope Alex that you learn to confirm things a bit, you could do to learn to small talk. So I assume that we agree upon sabotaging the Orrery and saving the Octarius Sector as our next quest.

As for Octarius Sector map...."

She brings up map on the hologram projector, showing a cube of a sector 200 light years wide, with a little under 500 inhabitable planets within it. This sector is made up of sub-sectors about 10-20 lgihtyears across in diameter, containing one or more solar systems within these sub-sectors that the Imperium inhabits. But you notice something else in this map- large sections between subsectors are simply labeled "wilderness zones/space", which Rhiannon or Ensara explains that the Imperium despite its wide-ranging presence in the galaxy, only inhabit a million worlds in it and that large sections of space within its territory is unexplored, uninhabited, alien empires or inaccessible by the Warp. There are tons of forbidden or unknown regions throughout the galaxy and Imperium that simply haven't been mapped or explored, and the space in the galaxy that Imperium doesn't control is greater than what does despite technically having a presence over 60% of it. Its less that their territory is completely contiguous and more that they just have so many planets living under them. Which means this map is incomplete information. Ensara says she could try to find out more with her Chaos Goddess power from the Hidden Library, but he'd need to be specific about what information he wanted about was within those wilderness zones because there is only so much she can communicate with words.

However what is known is that there is an "Ork Empire of Octarius" ruled by the known "Overfiend of Octarius" who rules from the actual planet of.....Octarius. At this Ensara makes the following joke:
    "Random Ork: Overfiend! The Tyranids are attacking Octarius!
    Overfiend: Wait, my Empire, da Sector, da planet, or me?"
    Random Ork:.....Yes."
    Then the Overfiend shoots him."

The map shows three current main subsectors of engagement:
    The Pankallis Subsector, The Greygar Subsector, and The Heingaard Subsector. However its Octarius planet of the Octarius system where the Swarmlord and the Overfiend of Octarius named are currently fighting with their armies in a grueling war of attrition.
    "I assume thats the Warboss your talking about Frode, since there is Waaaaagh! Ghazghkull Thraka, self-proclaimed "Prophet of Gork and Mork" also in the sector since he heard Octarius War was a good fight. Strangely its unclear if the Overfiend is an Ork named Blaktoof or an ork named Zog Steeltoof, there was some weird Warp interference on that, but both have been named Overfiend at some point when the previous one, Gorsnik Magash left for the Third War of Armageddon to fight with Ghazghkull. Maybe they're the same ork and they just decided to change names finding a particularly cool tooth or something? So like, 2-3 Ork Warbosses to potentially brawl. The Swarmlord....will be a special case but I'll enjoy brawling them all the same! I have something special for that thing, and a purpose for the warboss."
    She snickers wickedly at the plans cooking in her mind. Rhiannon arches her eyebrow
    "....Aren't you going to tell us?"
    "No. I mean...they're not big things or anything that'll interfere with anything you guys do probably. You'll probably have entire other things to worry about anyways, Orks and Tyranids are main forces there but not the only ones.

As for those three you mentioned....Senuros is specifically seeking trade so they'll probably appreciate the help with understanding why their efforts are failing. Kheskaf and Nehenza are probably open to allies considering their situations.

If you still have things plan and to do and work out before this and we're not doing this immediately, I have some business to take care of myself. A personal situation of mine to correct. Basically I need to teleport to get someone, if I return with an Lunar Exalted Mate angry at me for accidentally leaving her behind, don't be surprised."

She will summon Mephizara, her new Third Circle Soul, also known as the Lady of Hope to respond and explain anything if needed then teleport away.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-12-28 at 08:08 AM.

5. - Top - End - #425

Frode quirked an eyebrow at Ensara. "I have the sudden urge to fire a blast at you while screaming 'DODGE!!!'"

"And insofar as the map goes, I am mostly interested in the inhabited planets. I would like to make an attempt at evacuation, at the very least, before firing a superweapon, or the next best thing, at the sector. Also, any major Warp activity in the area." Frode grabbed his own copy of the map, splitting it off from Ensara's and spinning and rotating it as he studied it, some parts filling in as his TARDIS sensors reached out and scanned the area.

While he idly studied the map, he nodded to Rhiannon. "Trader Rhiannon, I am about to make you captain of the second most powerful ship in the known universe, in preparation for a venture into the Octarius Sector. Do you have any objections or requests at this time?"

As he spoke to Rhiannon, Frode's voice also rang out across the ship. "Attention all crew, staff, passengers, denizens and other sapient lifeforms aboard the Starship Sabre. The ship is about to undergo significant restructuring. This is not Warp activity, nor is it dangerous. If you have any requests regarding your personal quarters or place of business, please place your palms onto the sensors that will form near you and picture what you desire as clearly as you are able. If you are a minor, you will be assigned quarters with an adult with whom you share DNA by default; variations on this will be considered on a case-by-case basis. As with modifications, please form as clear a mental picture as you are able if you have specific needs regarding whom you are quartered with. Please do not be alarmed if you find yourself in a different portion of the ship once the modifications are complete; transport to your desired area will be provided as needed."

With that, Frode paused to allow Rhiannon to speak, then set to work.

A number of gigantic asteroids, flung towards the ship by Frode during a brief timeslip into the past, rumbled towards the Sabre only to deform like melting putty as Frode's powers seized them, the same way he had already taken ahold of the light cruiser. Then time blurred slightly as Frode froze time in the area so that the work would be finished almost instantly to outside observers.

To those watching (save for the other Jumpers, if they chose to resist the timeslip- if they did, they mostly saw Frode glowing a little and the ship making the occasional strange noise over the course of a few hours), they simply blinked, or had their eyes go out of focus briefly, and the ship was different. Gone were the cramped hallways, dusty gunmetal walls, and vast shadowy areas of dubious provenance; instead, the common areas had what Ensara or Alex might recognize as a somewhat Scandinavian design sensibility, with light colours, airy ceilings, (imitation, but extremely convincing) 'natural' light pouring through well-placed, floor-to-ceiling windows that appeared to look out over peaceful, wild scenes of mountain, forest, rocky coast and fjord, and attractive- if somewhat minimalist- furnishings.

The borderline-demonic engine rooms had been replaced with glossy chrome furnishings and glowing indicator lights, dominated by a vast, irregular sphere of pulsating light.

The bridge now had dramatically-swept windows and a high, vaulted ceiling, and a very faint hum as a noise-cancelling field kept the various instruments' spoken reports from interfering with one another, while allowing organic beings to communicate unimpeded. Aesthetically-pleasing, functional panels sat before chairs comfortable enough for long shifts, but not so comfortable as to compromise alertness, and there were clear walkways between all stations, with the captain's chair raised slightly above the rest.

Outside... outside was something else. Gloss black, reflecting the light of distant stars so as to appear to be a vast, ominous ripple in space, and so sleek as to appear to be some titanic incarnation of the very concept of speed, the Sabre was now nearly three hundred kilometres long, and much of that vast bulk was hardpoints, mounting enough weapons to fight off multiple fleets in one go. Then Frode touched a control on the Captain's chair, and the titanic ship outside flickered once, and the familiar contours of the Sabre's former self replaced the glossy shadow it now was.

"To all available sensors, the Sabre appears to be as it always was; but you have weaponry that even the Dark Age of Technology couldn't even conceive of."

Frode paused, straightened, and held up a finger. "Ah. Before I forget- this button..." he indicated one that was larger than most of the others, and under a transparent pane- "Must be struck immediately if you encounter one of the extradimensional threats, should you judge that they are interested in anything other than peaceful communication. A klaxon will sound, and the weaponry I prepared to combat them will be fired on the target before you, should you deem it necessary. Otherwise, there are training modules for all the ship's new aspects available, in written, spoken, subliminal dream-learning, simulation, and full hard-light recreation formats that should get you and your crew up to speed fairly promptly. The Sabre can now engage a full Tyranid fleet with some confidence of victory, or, should things become truly dire, outrun very nearly anything in this galaxy without even needing to enter the Warp."
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

6. - Top - End - #426
    Titan in the Playground

The Sabre Remodeling:
    You get your scan of wild space but this is like......entire light years and planets of information, so I can't really give you too many specifics on them, but as far as hinabited worlds go probably have things like: human civilizations of varying tech levels that haven't encountered the Imperium yet, minor alien species that haven't ventured off their planet or their solar system yet, ork-terraformed worlds filled with primitive orks using steampunk like technology and riding squigs unconnected to wider ork culture, probably a couple Eldar maiden worlds with Exodites on them, maybe some Necron tomb worlds that have yet to awake, and was one of those planets being mined and hollowed out by space dwarves? random things like that. There are also various planets with non-sapient life and since the tyranids devour all life and biology, not just the sapient ones, its important to note them because even things like "water" and "air" are food to the Tyranids they just devour. Like you are informed that the Tyranids will literally drink oceans. Meaning a random world that is just wilderness and wild animals feeds the Tyranids just as much as any other world with life on it.

Rhiannon says
    ".....I....Okay. Just make sure my room as a recaf (coffee) machine so I can drink to deal with your Jumper nonsense."

When the modifications were done she blinks
    "....I....it just hit me that you did something that the God-Emperor would probably never be able to do......and for some reason I don't feel like I should worship you. That....this is a lot to process....also aren't you like....the most peaceful of all of us, why did you give us weapons, your not making sense. Please don't have any weapons that blow up more than a planet, the Sabre already had one with its macro-cannon, I'm terrified at what power you could give to some random idiot. Its taking all my Inquisition-trained willpower to process what you can do right now. Like how does one even comprehend the things you do and make. You are lucky I am like, the calmest most reasonable person ever, because there are many people in the Imperium who'd just use this ship to like.....attack and destroy all their enemies while making it incredibly gaudy and fill it with Imperial cult religious imagery and statues....."
    Iota-34 looks upon in wonder
    "....If the Mechanicus knew about this, they'd sent all their fleets to grab this.....and never give it to anyone else. They'd just keep it to themselves and fill it with Mechanicus imagery while praising it as a miracle from the Machine God. Perhaps the true Machine God is outside this universe, this reality and made these events transpire so that this wonder of technology could be beheld...."
    Twisting River asks
    "But wait, you've listened to Ensara speak, you know about the jumper patrons....how does that square into it?"
    "So? I can believe in even greater powers than omnipotence. True faith means being able to accept the facts as facts and still believe. Perhaps the Machine God is something greater than even the Jumpers and their Benefactors, somewhere out there, designing the mechanisms of the Omniverse. Perhaps the Machine God in some way, sent Frode to us even if he is not a champion or chosen by them. Though Ensara seems good at making technology to a lesser extent relatively speaking, though I think she'd still be on level of a Primarch like Vulkan or Ferrus Manus....."
    "Wait what about Perturabo?" asks Kaerabrynn
    "Oh we're not allowed to respect him."
    "Because he's a traitor primarch?" she asks
    "No, because he's Perturabo."

Ensara and Shiyuri:
    No sooner does Ensara teleport in to greet her Lunar Mate does she automatically dodge a fist thrown at her that impacts the side of a ship, make an impression within it.
    "Hello Shiyuri now I-"
    BAM!
    "Don't you "Hello Shiyuri" me!! What is going on here!? Why aren't we in Creation anymore!? Why did you suddenly leave me for weeks!?"
    "I know this confusing Shiyuri but I can explain-"
    WHAM!
    Another big dent in the ship's interior as Shiyuri punches and misses again as Ensara perfectly dodges her blow.
    "You better! I may not know whats going on, but I know this is somehow YOUR fault! People just don't suddenly find themselves in an entirely other world out of nowhere for no reason!"
    Ensara holds up her hands, Shiyuri's form had shifted to a hybrid of a chameleon and human, and she was growling. An angry Lunar, especially when they started shifting into their war form, was always trouble. Even and (perhaps, Especially for) their prospective Solar Mate.
    "If you calm down and just let me tell you, I will! Besides, you know you can't hit me. I've been trained too well. You know, you trained me in brawling before I ever learned Martial Arts- you basically taught me how to fight."
    Shiyuri looks at Ensara, takes a deep breath and shifts back to her human form: a tan-skinned woman with black hair and silver eyes, athletic in build and wearing leathers and furs, a fierce look in her eyes. There was always a bit of a fierce look in Shiyuri's eyes- thats what Ensara loved about her.
    "Very well, explain. We were on our way to fight the Locust Crusade when suddenly- I was on this ship, stalking these weird humans with odd tools and technology and some endless black sky outside."
    "Okay, first of all, best to break the news now: we haven't been separated for week....we've been separated for about twenty years. Odd claim to make I know, but you know how I told you I'm a Jumper that travels between worlds and you didn't believe me? Well, believe it because this all has to do with that! See, the thing with Jumpers is that they generally stay in a world for ten years. Exactly. When they enter, the timer starts and when its up, they go, to their next jump, next world. Not a second more or less. Its something that has to be exact for sake of the rules of the Jumpchain. What is also apart of the rules of the Jumpchain, is that when a world is left behind by a Jumper, its frozen in time until the chain is over, by whatever means that happens.

What happened with you, is that....uh.... I forgot what day it was. It was my last day in my first Jump. I didn't really know all the ins and outs of all how this worked yet, I kinda got caught up in Creation's problems and such and at times forgot I was ON a Jumpchain, having never done this before. So when we're going to take on the Locust Crusade- the timer ran out and suddenly I found myself in front of Mayhem, my Jump patron, a goddess of chaos and such, and she transported to my jump of choice. I didn't really have the option of going back, and the problem is, I don't technically have many Companions as a Jumpchain defines it, not ones that are perk-backed. So many people I want to take with me, I have to do so by carrying them around in my Inner World which doubles as my Warehouse. You weren't in it at the time....so you didn't come with me.

I wanted to come back for you, I really did! But....you were frozen in time. You weren't going anywhere and neither was the rest of my version of Creation, you'd be safer than wherever I was going to go on a Jump, especially in the later ones where ridiculous reality-warping stuff would probably start happening, and there wasn't really a way for me to retrieve you due to how the rules work, so I resolved to get perks for perfect infinite memory and such and come back for you later, and by then I'd probably be able to fix whatever problems left far more easily because I'd be some super-being of ridiculous and untold power from all the accumulated perks over time or even Ascended if it was post-chain. But then this weird team Jump I guess? happened and apparently the patrons decided to put you here for whatever reason. So.....your back! much earlier than expected. This is great!"

She goes in for a hug to Shiyuri, but Shiyuri punches Ensara in the face, this time she just takes it to the face, but as the fist connects Ensara's cheek, her skin hardens into magical brass and she takes little if any damage. Ensara reflected she still probably deserved it, though.
    "Hmph. I see you've worked on your Resistance techniques during those two decades. But you really think that being what, some super-magical god being would've fixed it, after all that time? No amount of power fixes that."
    "Well ideally I would just teleport right back there and we'd just continue as if nothing happened, I'd reveal it to you at a reasonable pace, maybe show off a little some otherworldly powers so you'd start believing me, you know ease you into the truth. Not suddenly dump you into this mess of a galaxy while I'm still having to work with other Jumpers for once."
    "Hm. Okay, your story is ridiculous, but I don't see why you'd make it up as a lie, and your good at spinning lies when you want to. So I believe it. We'll talk more about this later, your not off the hook about this. But what is a galaxy, and what are your doing here?"
    She removes her fist from Ensara's cheek.
    "Oh right, flatworlder, you don't know about the whole.....space physics stuff. But uh, basics! This world is made up big orbs called planets, they're all the size of Creation's surface area and there are.....lots of them, more than can be counted, stars are even bigger and planets go in circles around them because reasons, oh and the stars and planets don't have gods watching over them."
    "Wait they don't? what do they do in this world's heavenly bureaucracy then?"
    "There is no heavenly bureaucracy in this world Shiyuri, no spirits watching over anything"
    "Well then who manages all this?"
    "No one, the universes rules just work okay? Without gods needing to keep the rivers from being infected by the Wyld or whatever. Though given this world having a Warp which is much like the Wyld but more mind-based.....maybe that would be useful if it could be set up..."
    "This world is sounding very messy and disorderly already."
    "You don't know the half of it. Planets having only two poles and they're both ice, and the rest of the biomes are just scattered about haphazardly."
    "What!? Where does the heat come from if you don't have an elemental pole of fire to keep things warm?"
    "....Okay this is getting into a physics discussion that can wait for later, what are you doing on this ship?"
    "Oh, just stalking people, stealing faces, infiltrating this Imperium "rogue trader" ship, planning how to kill the authorities of the ship, stage a revolution so that whipped slaves in the lower decks will rise up and be free, you know, the usual, find you, probably destroy the Imperium because the more I learn about it the more it seems to be some ridiculous over the top version of the oppressive regimes that deserve all the destruction and wrath I can bring to them. The usual."
    "Sounds good to me! I'll help. We'll do it, just like how we used to."
    Shiyuri smiles and pecks Ensara on the cheek with a kiss.
    "Of course."

Shiyuri will go to the lower decks and rally the workers with a fiery speech, Shiruyi's silver anima flaring as she leads the charge while Ensara will sneak up to the upper decks, assassinating the rogue trader and his retinue from the shadows, needing only her fists to take them out one by one, taking treasures, gold, jewelry as she did so, leaving the Astropath and the Navigator alive but quietly persuading and bribing them to accept the new order that Shiyuri blazes and organizes. The leaders are encouraged to fight against the Imperium however they can, even its only as pirates, then they teleport back to the Sabre.

Ensara and Shiyuri: Arrive
    They teleport back, Shiyuri comments
    "Still a thief, I see. You were always greedy-not just for gold, but for artifacts, knowledge, magic, martial arts-anything and everything, as if you want to steal or copy anything you come across."
    "Well they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. And what expresses my love for the world and all the things in it than wanting a bit of it for myself? Its not as if I want everything. I bet there are Jumpers who do and they.....I imagine they are of a different mindset than I."
    Ensara then sees Rhiannon and the other Jumpers
    "Ah! Frode, I see you've renovated the ship quite a bit. Understatement of the decade, it might as well be a completely different vessel. Everyone I'd like to introduce you to: Shiyuri, known as The Many Masks Chameleon, Full Moon Caste Lunar Exalted, and my Lunar Mate. Guerilla fighter, sorcerer, necromancer, and a more focused and fiery revolutionary than I ever will be. Really I just imitate her sometimes. Shiyuri this is Frode a Jumper he is similar to a Twilight Caste Exalted but much more powerful, yet somehow possessing more wisdom and morals."
    "Thats a miracle!"
    "And this Alex, she.... has telekinetic powers that make Mind Hand Manipulation look like a toy in comparison. Thats honestly the best I can do for you, its hard to describe all this for people who have no context. and finally this is Captain Rhiannon Lekkens, former Inquisitor, she's a rare mortal who can withstand Exalted-like shenanigans up close and only sigh in response."
    "Her willpower must be great then."
    "and thats Iota-34, he worships an all-powerful god that may or may not exist"
    "Like the Fajadi people? Always the strangest religion I find. Worshipping the gods you know exist, make sense but ones that don't grant blessings back and you don't even know are there? That I never got"
    "thats Kaerabrynn, she's an Eldar-"
    "she looks quite young to me."
    "No thats the name of her species. She's an alien, not a human."
    "Does she eat souls like-"
    "No she is not a raksha, Shiyuri. Trust me you'll probably meet the real soul-eaters of this world soon enough."
    Rhiannon asks
    "I'm sorry- whats a Lunar Exalted?"
    "Think stealth/guerilla warfare expert primarchs Corvus Corax or Alpharius Omegon, except they can actually shapeshift and do so through various ways to steal forms and faces from animals and people. They're like that, but more flexible."
    ".....I know the Jumpers more powerful than that, but thats somehow still terrifying." Rhiannon says with concern.
    "Good" Shiyuri says "Lunars should be terrifying at least half the time"
    "and the other half?"
    "Adored."
    "You could say Lunars are adorifying."
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2024-01-05 at 05:08 PM.

7. - Top - End - #427

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    You get your scan of wild space but this is like......entire light years and planets of information, so I can't really give you too many specifics on them, but as far as hinabited worlds go probably have things like: human civilizations of varying tech levels that haven't encountered the Imperium yet, minor alien species that haven't ventured off their planet or their solar system yet, ork-terraformed worlds filled with primitive orks using steampunk like technology and riding squigs unconnected to wider ork culture, probably a couple Eldar maiden worlds with Exodites on them, maybe some Necron tomb worlds that have yet to awake, and was one of those planets being mined and hollowed out by space dwarves? random things like that. There are also various planets with non-sapient life and since the tyranids devour all life and biology, not just the sapient ones, its important to note them because even things like "water" and "air" are food to the Tyranids they just devour. Like you are informed that the Tyranids will literally drink oceans. Meaning a random world that is just wilderness and wild animals feeds the Tyranids just as much as any other world with life on it.
    Frode makes special note of the various inhabited worlds. The ones with non-sapient life weren't terribly relevant; he mostly just wanted to make sure he didn't devolve some poor unsuspecting civilization and leave them as extremely confused prehistoric primates or whatever. The non-sapient animals would neither notice nor care if they were abruptly a different species, and as powerful as Frode might be, his resources were limited.

Rhiannon says
    ".....I....Okay. Just make sure my room as a recaf (coffee) machine so I can drink to deal with your Jumper nonsense."
    Frode smiled slightly; when he was done, Rhiannon's quarters had a Heterodyne Coffee Engine, one which imbued the coffee so that it had some impressive effects on the drinker. It wouldn't impair Rhiannon, but the rapturous glory of each cup of coffee might put her in a slightly odd mood.

When the modifications were done she blinks
    "....I....it just hit me that you did something that the God-Emperor would probably never be able to do......and for some reason I don't feel like I should worship you. That....this is a lot to process....also aren't you like....the most peaceful of all of us, why did you give us weapons, your not making sense. Please don't have any weapons that blow up more than a planet, the Sabre already had one with its macro-cannon, I'm terrified at what power you could give to some random idiot. Its taking all my Inquisition-trained willpower to process what you can do right now. Like how does one even comprehend the things you do and make. You are lucky I am like, the calmest most reasonable person ever, because there are many people in the Imperium who'd just use this ship to like.....attack and destroy all their enemies while making it incredibly gaudy and fill it with Imperial cult religious imagery and statues....."
    Frode gave Rhiannon a look so deadpan that nobody who knew him even slightly could take his next statement seriously. "Ah, but you see, I do not empower just any random idiot. I empower very specific, carefully chosen idiots." He continued more seriously. "And any attempts at worshipping me will be met with a swift slap upside the head. I neither desire, nor will I accept, worship."

He shrugged. "In any case, we are requesting that you and your crew ferry us into one of the most dangerous combat zones in the galaxy. As I would prefer you to be able to help us as more than a brief distraction or a light snack for the 'nids, it would seem logical to arm you to the degree that you would be able to defend yourselves. I may prefer peaceable solutions, but when dealing with dangerous, mindless, invasive predators, diplomacy isn't really an option, and from what I understand, the orks will literally wither and die without a fight, so I don't feel particularly guilty in indulging them, either. And there are no planet-busters in the Sabre's new armament; she's specifically designed for fleet engagements, not planetary sieges or that obscenity you call Exterminatus."

Iota-34 looks upon in wonder
    "....If the Mechanicus knew about this, they'd sent all their fleets to grab this.....and never give it to anyone else. They'd just keep it to themselves and fill it with Mechanicus imagery while praising it as a miracle from the Machine God. Perhaps the true Machine God is outside this universe, this reality and made these events transpire so that this wonder of technology could be beheld...."
    "You know, part of me really wishes I could set up a cross-universe portal between Mars and Gallifrey. The Mechanicus would go mad with the technological wonders that absolutely litter Gallifrey, and the Time Lords would go mad with all these strange cyborgs that kept trying to worship them and convert them at the same time. It would ultimately be incredibly annoying for both parties, and extremely funny for those of us watching." He shrugged, and as an afterthought, waved a hand and did the usual retrofit and repair he was doing almost by rote whenever he encountered a new tech-priest, upgrading and fixing Iota's every system.

Ensara then sees Rhiannon and the other Jumpers
    "Ah! Frode, I see you've renovated the ship quite a bit. Understatement of the decade, it might as well be a completely different vessel. Everyone I'd like to introduce you to: Shiyuri, known as The Many Masks Chameleon, Full Moon Caste Lunar Exalted, and my Lunar Mate. Guerilla fighter, sorcerer, necromancer, and a more focused and fiery revolutionary than I ever will be. Really I just imitate her sometimes. Shiyuri this is Frode a Jumper he is similar to a Twilight Caste Exalted but much more powerful, yet somehow possessing more wisdom and morals."
    "Thats a miracle!"
    Frode bowed to Shiyuri, once again materializing and doffing an elaborate cavalier hat with sweeping feathers. "A pleasure to meet you, kameleonendatter."

He turned to Ensara. "Lord willing, the ship is now ready to travel into the Octarius Sector and survive the journey. She should thin the numbers of the tyranids whilst appearing enough like an Imperial vessel to keep those loyal to the Imperium calm. Well, calm-ish."
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2024-01-06 at 10:56 PM.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

8. - Top - End - #428
    Titan in the Playground

Rhiannon:
    "Sorry its just.....its actually kind of funny, absurd even....ahahahahahaha....your all so powerful and I was supposed to be spying on you but....hahahaha...what would I even say if I reported in? They wouldn't believe me.....haha...saying any foe can defeat the Imperium is heresy after all....ahahahahahahahahahaa!!! This is all so insane..."
    she will go grab some coffee sip it to refocus while taking some calming breaths. Then she will get to the helm to figure out how to start this thing, will quickly discover that the Navigator is no longer needed, who has a name but I've forgotten it but they are happy they no longer have to look into psychic murderhell to guide the ship everywhere. They will cheer and take a much deserved break.

Iota says
    "Di....did I just receive a miracle from Omnissiah?"
    "No its Frode again."
    "Ah."
    as he is upgraded. He was here the whole time, he was like one of the first people the Jumpers met in this universe, I guess Iota-34 just never met Frode before. He is perhaps the most scientific tech priest on the ship and has discarded parts of his faith that are ridiculous and unneeded, and is considered a heretic to the Mechanicus because of this. He still believes in the Omnissiah just in a reasonable way.

Ensara:
    "Well, I'd say that I could now use my Chaos Goddess powers to smooth the warp journey and make sure its stable, but given the enhancements given, I doubt it'll even need to travel into the Warp at this point. Especially since your space-bubble is still over the solar system, wouldn't make sense for your defense to keep your super-ship in here."
    "Waits what a Tyranid?"
    "A big bug, Shiyuri, I'll explain on the way. Lets go!"

The Sabre will then take off, traveling to the Octarius Sector by whatever FTL method installed by Frode, if however it still travels through the Warp, you will notice that the journey is far more short, stable and calm for the duration with no demons even attacking as the timeless version of Ensara, the Chaos Goddess of Change in the Warp protects them either directly by being outside of time or through Mephizara, the Lady of Hope. Regardless of the method used, while this happens, Ensara quickly explains the situation to Shiyuri to catch her up, then the conversation turns to her souls
    "So, how can your new Third Circle Soul do that?"
    "Its probably from the interaction of Creation's physics and this universe's physics. My souls receive thematic powers related to whatever part of me they express, so the jumpchain must be managing things so that they can wield stuff from other universes or at least essence facsimiles of them. Its not as if we really know what normal souls from primordials would be able to do anyways since they're either absent, dead or Yozis fundamentally injured and imprisoned."
    "Hm. So only you and them have these Jumper powers?"
    "Yup, by pure luck, pretty much"
    "Sounds a lot like Exalts, except bigger."
    "Pretty much, both things are people chosen by a higher being to wield great power with very little if any restriction, guidance or oversight. If Jumpers are anything like Exalts, that means I've been lucky with these two."
    "Here's hoping the luck continues then."

Inquisitor Sahansun:
    An underling tells him
    "Inquisitor! A gigantic Imperial-like ship has just appeared, about space-hulk size or larger! But actually functional"
    "Get me in vox contact with them."
    Inquisitor Nashir Sahansun was the leader of the forces surrounding Octarius. The Cordon Impenetra was all his idea- he is elderly now, kept alive through rejuvenat treatments and cybernetics. Once he was a fiery youth, a brawler, a charismatic one who rallied soldiers around him on the frontlines to the cause- but no longer. Now caution guided his actions. The Cordon Impenetra needed to remain up to keep the Tyranids from spilling into other systems, that is what he believed.
    "This is Inquisitor Nashir Sahansun, who am I speaking to?"
    "I am Captain Rhiannon, Rogue Trader of the Sabre. By right of my Warrant Of Trade, I claim my right to pass and do what I will within the Octarius Sector."
    She says showing it to his hologram. He looks at it and says
    "...This checks out. but I'm curious Captain, how you acquired such a massive ship, this doesn't match any ships we have in our records and I have lived long enough to know the Mechanicus could never have made something like this."
    "Its Archeotech." Rhiannon says simply
    "Archeotech." he repeats, not quite believing her.
    "Yes, I found it."
    "Found it where?"
    "Dark Age of Technology ruins, where else?"
    "Where specifically?"
    "does it matter? Its the only one of its kind, I can assure you. No other artifact from the site really compared to its condition and quality."
    "Really, and the Mechanicus just let you have this wondrous never before seen marvel? Without swarming you with their fleets to kill you and take it for themselves?"
    "I found it first. I'm a Rogue Trader. I have the right of salvage. Also my Head Explorator"-she glances at Frode as she she says this, Explorator refers to a tech priest allowed to explore places to find new technology, often with rogue traders-"says this archeotech ship can destroy entire fleets. I think you can see how well that would work out for anyone going against me."
    "Is that a threat? You do know the Cordon Impenetra is for the Imperium's safety, fire upon us and you endanger the Imperium and would thus commit the heresy of betrayal."
    "I don't need to fire. I have the Warrant of Trade, and I am simply stating that I have a single archeotech ship capable of taking on an entire hive fleet of Tyranids alone, and that I am intending to go in and help take care of that problem for you."
    "With an archeotech ship never seen before with supposed capabilities never recorded before."
    "There is a lot we don't know about the Dark Age of Technology, Inquisitor. Who knows what we will discover from it next?"
    "How convenient."
    "Yes, it is convenient." she agrees "convenient for you, given what I'll do to solve the problems for the Tyranids there. Rest assured Inquisitor Sahansun that I will purge the Tyranid menace from the system with all due haste and hatred of the impure xenos in the name of the God-Emperor of Mankind, may he protect our souls. I know various Imperial forces have already went in to fight against your orders- Imperial Guard, Space Marines, Sisters of Battle, Mechanicus responding to the defense of these worlds. I also know that your plan to keep up the Cordon isn't exactly popular and that some factions wish to press the offensive...even if its through your corpse. One more ship helping out to destroy them shouldn't be an issue yes?"
    ".....Fine, you may pass. But keep an eye out-with a ship like that, people will want a dagger in your back as well. Stupid fools this Cordon's entire point was to conserve Imperial resources..."
    he says muttering as he cuts the vox out.
    an underling asks
    "so that was all a load of grox manure right?"
    "Pretty much" Sahansun says "But if she wants to throw herself into a sector of death and war thinking some shiny new piece of archeotech will ensure victory against the xenos, she can be my guest"

The Sabre: Arrive at Octaria
    Rhiannon then gives the command and the Sabre goes deeper into Octarius, heading towards the planet of Octaria the center of the stalemate between the Orks and the Tyranids.
    As you arrive in the system, instantly you feel psychic presence of the Tyranids, the Shadow In the Warp. Rhiannon being a psyker her doubles over in pain, as well as Astropath Xiao and whatever other psykers here, if you have any psychic capability of hearing thoughts you will hear and get affected by the painful agony of a million chittering bug clicks, of the hive drowning out all rational thought. Ensara with her mental magic, hears it as well and feels the pain as well- she quickly deduces that if this keeps up too long, that psykers will start dying from this. With great strength of will she ignores the pain and draws upon her blue mana, upon memories of islands and calm lapping waves to cast a mind spell to shield the ship from the Shadow In the Warp, blue light washing over everyone protecting the psykers minds. However even with the shielding one hears a constant psychic static as if in the distance- its technically the Tyranids communicating with each other, but its so many things being sent back forth it all just....gets overlapped and scrambled together even if you could understand it, like a million people talking at once.
    "....So this is the Shadow in the Warp. We won't be able to send telepathic signals through any of this. Best use voxes or whatever communicator the Sabre now has."
    "Thanks.....this Shadow is strong. Lets just call it the vox whatever it actually is" says Rhiannon.
    They look out the windows to there was a big mass of Tyranids outside, just floating in space over the planet of Octaria. Like, this is a truly ridiculous number of them. More ships than any Imperial fleet at least. On the planet you can see visible masses of green from orbit that look....organic. This is a planet that the Tyranids are actively trying to devour. Sensors are picking up Ork turrets firing from the ground into the atmosphere to destroy the mycetic spores that were were being spread and that the orks were firing so much dakka that the rain was thickened with chunks of Tyranid flesh as a result.
    This entire planet was a warzone.
    "So....are you going to go find the warlord and the Swarmlord and fight them? Teleport to them?" Rhiannon asks
    "Normally yes." Ensara says "But the way I pinpoint a location for my teleportation is mental and unfortunately the Tyranid's static is interfering with that. and the way I'd locate either of those people would involve divining their minds anyways. I would need to be in the Warp to use my Chaos Goddess powers and they wouldn't help against the psychic static either. My Nemesis abilities only work in a radius around me so.....beyond that radius, anything I send will still be be blocked by the static, and would be suppressing my own mind magic anyways with anything that suppresses this. Guess the only thing to do is fight my way through. Good thing I got Shiyuri and my friends with me, right?"
    "....Ensara isn't there that space thing in the way? that lack of air problem?"
    "Oh you still know Shifting Breath Inversion right?"
    "Yeah"
    "Then you'll be fine. That charm works on more than you think. Just think of space as being like underwater, but in reverse. Lunars can adapt to anything, right?"
    "Got it."
    "This looks like a good opportunity to use my warstrider" says Twisting River. "So many big things to slay...."
    They start walking out behind Ensara
    "Heh. Dragon-Blooded and their toys" says Shiyuri
    "Not everyone can turn into a tyrant lizard or a giant like you, Shiyuri, and I recall you have your own arsenal of moonsilver weaponry merged into your body."
    "They're practical additions to be a well rounded warrior so I can face multiple kinds of threats, I'm not a collector like Ensara, its just pragmatic."
    "As if you need anything than your claws to kill your enemies...."
    "See ya guys, I'll go fight those two leaders, I'm sure you can figure out whatever you can do to help in other places."

Soon, they are in the hangar, River summons her warstrider from Elsewhere, a giant 50 foot tall magical mecha made of five the jade metals appears around her. Its body was mostly white jade based for the stability and strength of earth with marble pink designs throughout, blue jade wings for the swiftness and agility of the air, black jade samurai-like helmet and right arm for the depths and flexibility of water, red jade left arm for the passion and energy of fire, and green jade plating here and there for regeneration and healing of wood. Eastern dragon designs were carved throughout all the jades.
    "Behold! Five Dragon Cataclysm! The Warstrider of all five elements!"
    Ensara and Shiyuri hop on its shoulders as River calls and strikes a pose as if this was a super-sentai. Then it takes off into the void, drawing a giant intricate red jade sword with the heat of lava radiating off of it while blue jade wings unfurl like a dragons and somehow flap, flying through space and charging down towards the planet. Shiyuri's body instantly grows organs to breathe in the void and become immune to explosive decompression while Ensara herself had trained years ago to go through Nemesis to not need to breath anymore. Any Tyranid ship that gets in the way, River will cleave through with the heated blade, her warstrider burn-slicing through them like butter through their organic frames, not stopping or slowing down to be thorough, just going forward straight to the planet to charge through the atmosphere and slicing through the mycetic spores as they fall to clear the way and land while bisecting a gigantic tyranid bio-ttian she did so.
    "Ladies and Exalts, we have arrived Octaria." Twisting River announces as they survey the hellscape of Tyranids and Orkish defensive constructs and ork firing their bullets everywhere
    "Thank you for flying Dragon-Blooded Airship Services, don't forget any bags while you disembark."
    Ensara and Shiyuri leap off, Ensara commenting
    "Where'd you learn a joke like that?"
    "you said something similar last jump I believe."
    "Figures."
    Ensara smiles as she summons her Wraithbone Katana and sheathes it, preparing to fight.
    "Who wants to see my Single Point Shining Into The Void Style?"

Back on the Sabre:
    Rhiannon looks to Iota
    "Iota, read the sensors, whats the status of the Octarius Sector?"
    He looks at them, thankful for the easy to use interface.
    "The entire sector?"
    "Yes the entire sector, this is a battle that will and is being fought on a scale we cannot comprehend directly. We cannot think normally. Also: if anyone is unfamiliar, the best way to take out the Tyranids are to target their nodes-they are like leaders to the Tyranids, and the biggest node is generally a Hive Queen. Not that it probably be all that relevant given the firepower we have at our disposal, it can't hurt to know. Everyone, fire off at the Tyranid fleet until further orders"
    Iota checks and reads out:
    "There are a lot of planets under Tyranid attack, but thats not the only forces here. There are Imperial forces coming to the defense of Sigma-Ulstari a forge world on the border of the Octarius Empire the Pankallis Subsector, and an Imperial expedition to the Maiden world of Veloria led by Inquisitor Van Roth, scattered Khorne cults fighting the Tyranids all throughout the sector, and for some reason two Eldar craftworlds are doing something that looks like they're committing Exterminatus imperial world in the Tyranid's path?"
    "They're probably copying Kryptman. burn the world before Tyranids eat it, starve them out. Only question is how, Eldar don't use Exterminatus." says Rhiannon
    "Indeed" says Kaerabrynn "those kinds of weapons are forbidden, as they are completely unnecessary to fight. Only the Imperium uses that kind of weaponry with any regularity."
    "Well our main problem is the Tyranids, and Frode made this ship to evacuate beings, so we'll focus on that while destroying any Tyranids we come across. I want a destination charted for the first planet to evacuate by the time the Sabre destroys this entire Hive fleet."
    Rhiannon Lekkens seem more in control now, more calm and focused now that she can contribute, now she can do something about the situation, more in her element. It makes sense after all- she was an Inquisitor for the longest time and this kind of thing would be what she would feel comfortable doing. The Sabre is opening fire on this solar system's Leviathan Hive Fleet.

9. - Top - End - #429

If there were any outside observers, they could perhaps be forgiven for briefly thinking that the Sabre had exploded when she opened fire, as so much energy, so many projectiles, roared forth that she outshone the sun for a split-second.

Energies and projectiles that ranged from the relatively prosaic, like the familiar lasers, plasma bursts, and near-lightspeed c-sabots that simply used kinetic energy to deliver their damage, to the stranger, such as the ellivapen that aged the 'nids to dust in an instant, the gravy guns that pulsed so much gravity into its targets that they became brief black holes, consuming all the bio-ships around them before evaporating in a burst of Hawking radiation, and the shield poppers, that manifested a solid-state forcefield within the enemy ships that then expanded abruptly, to the utterly bizarre, like the vacuum decay burster that simply erased the target from existence, rendering it down to the lowest energy state possible, or the anti-strangematter that devoured ships like fire, converting all matter into itself and then destroying itself an instant later.

All these and more crashed forth, battering the hive fleet in an ever-expanding sphere around the Sabre. They had but three things in common; one, their point of origin. Two, that while they might repeat eventually, there was next to no pattern for the tyranids to adapt to. And finally, that they caused death as nigh-instantaneously as possible, to prevent both adaptation and pain. If there was any afterlife for the 'nids, those who arrived there would arrive confused as to what sent them.

Frode stood quietly beside Rhiannon on the bridge, his senses extended throughout the ship as he made necessary adjustments and repairs in real-time as the hopefully one-sided 'battle' began. It wasn't practical, even for a ship as lethal as the Sabre now was, for a single ship to clear the sector, especially with how powerful both orks and tyranids now were. As things stood, she was clearing a path that would allow the loading of evacuees.

As he worked, he watched Ensara's precipitous descent to the planet, and smiled very faintly. He had the vague notion that her powers worked better with an audience, and was more than happy to be that audience if need be... although he really should ask her if that was the case, or if it was just some sort of special spider that was the intended audience. He tweaked the aim of one of the heavy laser batteries, and it blazed through the atmosphere to vaporize a contingent of tyranids that had been sneaking up on Ensara's landing site... not coincidentally providing a spectacular backdrop of fire and light for her entrance onto the battlefield.

That accomplished, he settled in to guide the fight where needed.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

The Sabre:
    It is destroying the Tyranid fleet quite handily. Like, what do you want me to say? These are organic ships firing acid and bio-plasma, or bony spikes or tentacles meant to eat atmospheres, and your in what....a super-advanced super-ship that...fires time stuff, anti-strange matter and gravity guns? And aren't repeating? Designed to work against their adaptation? Yeah they're getting destroyed. The Tyranids just don't have any context for this. If they could take on a civilization as advanced as Frode, this galaxy wouldn't even be able to fight them.

Which isn't to say they don't have a couple things going for them, not sure how much it'll help them though. The ship and crew pick out the Norn Queen's ship quickly and destroy that. But doing so causes a certain effect when the Norn Queen dies: the Hydra Effect. Supposed to a last, an near Gamma 12 psycho-temporal event, a powerful psychic signal that obscures the Astronomican and tries to trigger other tyranid ships to calve new Norn Queens. Bio-vessels thus calve new ones around it as it dies. Furthermore, the overall hivemind can detect when its getting destroyed at very fast rate compared to everywhere else assesses that the bio-mass gain to loss ratio is not worth it, and the new Norn Queens of the remaining fleet are now splitting off into separate fleets and going different directions. Most of the mini-fleets will be fleeing trying to go to other systems using gravity tunnels made by their Narvhal ships.

Ensara foreseen this happening when she was in the Warp. And for her purposes she needed a Norn Queen to survive for the sake of what she was about to do the Swarmlord, so she targeted a chronomancy spell on one of the smaller less noticeable fleets and phased it out of time to phase back in later. She figured it'd be fine, she could use another spell to destroy it if they questioned why.

The Sabre will focus on the nearest largest mini-fleet produce to attack it next.

Exalts: Fight Armies of Tyranids
    -Ensara:
    With that done, Ensara turns to the actual fight.
    Shiyuri exclaims
    “Wait, you have learned Single Point!? That is one of the most powerful martial arts styles in Creation, Solars cut down their foes in a single strike of their blade with that, I thought you'd never learn it because it would end fights too fast.”
    “Creation's not exactly a world that has the threats worlds like this does, Shiyuri. In Creation the problems are mostly political. In other worlds however...there is no end to threats like this, and they can get ridiculously powerful. Nor do other worlds have Creation's nuances or complexities. Where I had to be more subtle there, I can be less here.”
    Ensara changes into a silken armor kimono for the wandering ronin look, then she falls into Single Point Shining Into the Void Form, a stance of Iaijutsu readiness. She grips her katana, as the Tyranid termagaunts come surging towards them led by taller Tyranid warriors. She takes a breath and focuses, taking a light step forward, seemingly serene.
    “Single Point Shining Into the Void Combo! Super Countless Strikes Sheathed!”
    She suddenly speeds forward into the Tyranids faster than sight, her blade leaping out of its sheathe. In an instant, hundreds of tyranids fall into halves from a single slice. She sheathes her blade. Ensara moves to the next group bisecting them just as quickly. Her sword is sheathed a third time. She suddenly appears moving beyond the third group cut down. The next group she decides to get a little fancy, dashing past them they only all apart from the slice of her blade. She sheathes her blade again.
    When a horde of termagaunts descend upon her trying to attack her from all around her she dodges out of the way, leaping over them, she declares:
    “Single Point-Violet Bier Combo: Metal Storm Unleashed”
    She unsheathes her blade and multiple strikes of her blade blur through the horde of termagaunts and they are reduced to scrap as she resheathes, thousands of tyranids slice and diced in a flurry of attaks. Single Point for short, was Creation's version of Iaijutsu. A fantastical Iaijutsu far greater than the idea it was inspired by, and Ensara loved it. She would admit, she was a huge anime nerd. Sure, she was already a conventional swordmaster. Sure she could just use the normal Infernal charms for melee combat that she already knew. But the style, the sheer coolness of sheathing your sword every time only to strike with it again....it was like the tide, going back and forth, flowing in and out. Being locked, only to be unleashed again in a burst too fast for any to respond. It was a rhythm, in time with one's breath.
    Breathe in-
    Another force of tyranids come charging at her, she grips her blade.
    -Breathe out.
    In a flash, more alien blood stains her bone-white blade, her foes not even able to perceive her attack.
    Breathe in-
    A tyranid Hive Tyrant reaches out trying to use a mind control to take her over
    -Breathe out.
    She whispers “Six Demon Scabbard Binding” and swings her sword, the psychic power taking the form of a howling devil as her condenses it, catching it with her blade then swing her blade she sends the power back at them, making the hive tyrant obey her instead and she commands it to kill the other tyranids, and it does so. She kills others coming at her, not caring if the hive tyrant lived or died.
    Single Point, despite its long name was pretty simple. Simple, yet deadly. Sheathe, then Unsheathe.
    Then a tyranid bio-titan comes, with especially hard armor all over it coming towards Ensara, as if made specifically to protect against her. Time for some nonsense
    “Prismatic Arrangement of Creation Form”
    She takes a stance that makes her one with the world, images of her take other stances overlapping her body. Then she announces, gripping her blade in its sheathe
    “Armor Penetrating Fang Strike! Seven Points of Weakness Strike! Blinding Nova Flare! COMBINE!”
    The first two techniques were originally unarmed techniques to pierce armor and the third was the final technique of Single Point Style: a sword strike that emits a spiritual pressure that renders the attack unblockable and undodgeable. But with Prismatic Arrangement's form, such techniques can combined when they normally can't due to them being incompatible weapons. And when one can do that with martial arts from creation.....ridiculous stuff can happen.
    Her blade flashes green with her essence's light as the slash pierces right through the bio-titans armor, unable to evade it, unable to stop the force of its blow. Ensara appears behind the bio-titan, and breathes out, taking her time to resheathe her blade and when it sets into it with a clink, the bio-titan at first is still yet seemingly unaffected. After a few seconds half of the bio-titan starts sliding off diagonally from her slash while she looks at the wraithbone katana itself noticing something strange
    “Weird, I didn't carve this symbol into it”
    It was some weird intricate symbol somehow colored purple that has appeared at the base of the blade. It looked Aeldari she guessed.
    “I'll ask Kaerabrynn about it when I'm done. It feels like I've awakened an evocation but....this is weird. But then again, its Wraithbone, a material from another universe, I doubt its going to be like normal evocations anyways...”

-Shiyuri:
    Shiyuri isn't staying around to admire Ensara's fighting technique. She turns into a T-Rex and creates silver armor out of essence all over her shapeshifted body as she charges into the tyranids, stomping over most of them with pure strength and size of the dinosaur she has become. She finds a centipede like bio-titan and bites in the neck from the side to rip its head off. Spinning around to sweep her tail to sweep the tyranids away in a circle. At the end of the spin and shifts down to a hybrid of hyena and human, still wearing silver essence armor the armor changing with her form effortlessly, she charges savaging the tyranids with her claws and teeth. Unlike Ensara's artistic skillful fighting methods, Shiyuri was more brutal. She didn't care about how it was done, just as long as the foe was dead. She rips off limbs and kills tyranids with their own organic blade-arms, her armor protects her and even if things did get through it, her flesh was harder than steel and capable of regenerating. Shiyuri was a juggernaut of primal strength and seemingly unbreakable hide, her attacks were raw unfiltered violence through her fists and feet, claws and fangs, knees and skull. Whatever she couldn't tear apart she smashed through with her fist, shattering the tyranids exoskeletons and carapaces with her might, muscles rippling with power.
    Tyranid Gargoyles fly in, carrying organic guns known as Fleshborers, that fire beetles at Shiyuri. These beetles only exist to bore into flesh and chew through as much they can before they die, like organic bullets. In response, Shiyuri unsheathes a heavy moonsilver crossbow from her body, the weapon emerging from her left arm but still apart of it, firing crossbow bolts made from her fur and hardened into quills, shooting them down rapid fire the quills growing larger in flight and hitting with the force of charging oxen as they pierce through, until the flock of gargoyle tyranids are shot down. The crossbow then remerges to exchange for a giant moonsilver axe emerging from her arm instead, and she begins cleaving through tyranid after tyranid with her axe-arm as she goes, while from her right arm emerges a moonsilver tetsubo which she smashes through with resounding force.
    At one point she will try tasting a Tyranid's hearts-blood to take their forms- but it does not work.
    “Pleh, guess these would count as something from the Wyld, not an animal or human form I could take.”
    She then picks up and smashes the corpse into another termagaunt with her hand, then picks up both dead tyranids and throws them like a boulder at a third, then throws an actual boulder at the ones after them. She then turns into a bull-woman hybrid, become even more muscular and beefy than usual and charges through tyranids in a straight line, goring them with her horns.

-River:
    Meanwhile River pilots Five Dragon Cataclysm, flying across the planet, exchanging the sword in favor a giant blue jade bow. She draws back the string and what appears is not a big arrow, but a lightning bolt. She fires the bolt of lightning a bio-titan and it shocks them and spreads to other tyranids around them, electrocuting them all. She begins rapid firing lightning bolts like this, raining down electricity upon the tyranids everywhere she flew, a veritable storm of energy devastating them from the sky from a a flying titan of Exalted craftsmanship.
    River knew as a Dragon-Blooded that while she was enhanced beyond normal humanity, that she could never match the heights of mastery and skill of Ensara- especially since she's a Jumper as well- or the primal might of Shiyuri, however she could at least get near them in a warstrider like this, fight on their level with its might.
    A few bio-titans begin heading in River's direction and she draws back the giant bow- but this time a lightning bolt doesn't appear in it, but rather a tornado.
    “Unstoppable Drilling Tornado Blast!” she calls as she unleashes it
    The tornado lives up to its name as streaks horizontally across the sky, drilling through thousands upon thousands of tyranids in seconds and piercing through the biotitans, drilling through them with an incredible force of the winds like a wind beam. By the time it passed through, an entire big trail of ground had been cleared of Tyranids. She then turned to look at how Shiyuri is doing and decides to help by forming and firing an arrow of Air Essence crystallized into ice and when it hits the ground, spreads out into a vast ice slick that makes all the tyranids slip and fall and giving Shiyuri a bunch of vulnerable tyranids to kill she takes advantage of to terrifying effectiveness. River will survey her work for a moment- more bio-titans were heading towards her than the two Celestial Exalts. A Warstrider was truly a great force multiplier. She sheathes her bow and draw her flame sword and white jade shield, flying forth to engage them, bashing the first with her white jade shield to stun it then stabs through, the blade searing through its flesh, its pulled out as she then turns to behead the next and block the charge of the third bio-titan.

11. - Top - End - #431

Frode stifled a series of curses as the Hydra Effect went off, then relaxed as the 40k natives seemed entirely unphased. There was so much to research and understand about this universe, and the bizarre biology of the tyranids was edging towards the top of the list.

He watched the battle for a little longer, until, satisfied that the Sabre was performing as he wanted it to, he nodded to Rhiannon and prepared to move out.

"The Sabre can reach me easily if you should need me for anything." he told her, before stepping over to where Iota-34 was manning a station.

"Apologies for not mending your bionics sooner; I do not believe that we had met previously. But as a tech-priest, I thought that you might enjoy seeing this before I went down to the planet."

Frode reached into one of his pockets and pulled out what appeared to be a fifty-kilo sledgehammer with a short, leather-wrapped handle. He smiled at some private joke, saying "I call this Mjol-nearly. It was an attempt at copying a mythic artifact from the first world I jumped to, using science alone." He adjusted his grip, and the hammerhead shifted, rippling faintly to show a slightly-raised grid on the strike faces. "The hammer's main component is primary adamantium, a virtually-indestructable material, but when I do that, the striking surfaces shift to Antarctic vibranium, also known as anti-metal, which can dissolve almost any metal on contact. And if I do this..." another grip adjustment, and the hammer shimmered again, this time showing a tracery of faintly-glowing lines over the hammerhead. "... then the hammer gains an aura of mysterium, the anti-magic metal, which can disrupt any spell and slay most magical beings on contact. Outside of special metals, it allows flight, acts as one of the most powerful tesla cannons ever created..." he paused, seeing the look on Iota's face, "... lightning gun, returns when thrown, alters its own density and mass at will for greater striking power, grants teleportation, and a few other tricks."

Frode snorted a brief, self-deprecating laugh. "It is the most powerful weapon I have ever forged, the absolute pinnacle of my art as a weaponsmith, and one of the most advanced pieces of technology in four universes. And on its best day, it might make it to ten percent of the original's power." He shook his head. "I suppose that's what you get when you try to match a cosmic being's handiwork."

"In any case, Ensara and her companions appear to have the tyranids well in hand- they're absolutely slaughtering them. So I think I will visit one of the larger ork encampments and... go for a Walk."

He tossed the hammer into the air, grabbing it after a single flip, and winked out.

On the surface, business in the orky camp paused as strange, tinkly music suddenly overrode all other sounds, even the big Nob furiously mouthing as his previously roaring voice was silenced. As the music progressed, a roaring, whistling noise could be faintly heard over it as something dropped out of the upper atmosphere, and as the bass kicked in, Frode hit the ground in an explosion of electrical fire, crashing down hard enough that the ground rippled like water, leaving a crater ten metres across and hurling boyz around like dandelion fluffs in a hurricane.

Other sounds returned a little, although the music still dominated, and Frode followed his entrance by hurling his hammer at the closest orks, simply slamming straight through dozens of them before returning to his hand and spitting lightning in a broad arc, leaving a trail of glass, shifting smoothly into a spin that whirled around his hand in a glistening arc of death.

Frode would probably never admit it, but he had spent an embarrassing amount of time in the Whoniverse trying to master, or at least mimic, Thor's fighting style, more than a hundred thousands hours. At the time, it had been little more than stress release, a way to take his mind off the horrors of the Great Time War. But here and now, he was going to make use of all that practice. And he was going to use it to do his level best to put on a show for the ship above him, for those who were most likely watching via bugs and tapped feeds in the wider Imperium, and most of all, for the greenskins around him. If he could, he was going to suck all the fun out of fighting for them. At least, fighting him. Ensara's work, and that of her companions, was also visible aboard the ship via its sensors, and whatever Alex was doing as well. Whatever happened on this planet would very likely become known across the Imperium.

He gave a wild laugh, and hurled the hammer again, using the time it was away from him to grab a nearby ork and bludgeon several others with him, holographic armour flaring into visibility briefly as his strength was boosted immensely.

As Frode fought, the part of his awareness that wasn't focused on putting on a show was keenly analytical, gathering data about the orks, collecting samples of their biology and their spores, and carefully observing the psychic field around them as well.
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2024-01-21 at 07:49 PM.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

Frode and the Orks:
    One Ork is confused
    "Wot!? How is dis Humie doing dis!? He's smaller than us! Is there mayhaps.....another human like the legendary Commissar Yarrick? Or is this humie biggah on the inside?"
    Anyways your strikes go through them sure, orks are tough, they got redundant organs, spongey padding and such that make for a simple yet durable biological design, they can lose limbs and keep going, but if your superhero level they're fodder to you. Smarter orks will try to fire at you with their Shootas, shooting massive bullets at you that no human would make or consider reasonable calibers in automatic fire, producing as much as noise as possible- seemingly designed to do so actually, they seem to ENJOY the noise itself, some of the bullets are actually explosive shells, its not very consistent, but they are attempting to attack you.

Spoiler: On Orkz
    Show
    You observe of the Orkz various things: They had two Gods, Gork and Mork. One is Brutal but Cunning and other is Cunning But Brutal. This is often confused over which is which and what those means and fought over but when the orks can agree its generally thought it means that Gork hits you harder when your looking and Mork hits you when you aren't looking. The hierarchy here is pretty simple to understand: if your bigger and stronger than the orks around you, your generally obeyed. Thus the biggest ork is one in charge. But orks aren't the only life forms here: grots, little goblin like creatures seem to be smaller just as sentient creatures who work under the orks as their workers and doing all the menial things orks won't like selling fungus beer, coordinating bets when fighting breaks out, and generally being enterprising when they aren't being obedient but are cleverer and cowardly, though they fight whenever an ork makes them do it.

You analyze that an ork can get operated on by a Dok (Ork Doctor) its not a procedure that any human would survive: a Dok could chop off an orks head off a bad body and sew it onto an ork body that is intact but has no head and this would work- orks are incredibly resilient, which is good because they have basically 19th century level medicine by human standards. Other orks similarly display sewed on arms, legs and other cybernetics. They seem to have various backup organs and padding around them, and generally seem to be a symbiotic amalgamation of animal and fungus, but they also seem to be able to photosynthesize for energy as well as eat mostly meat and fungus. The blood of an Ork is also interesting, in that it contains countless distinct fungal organisms and has a chlorophyll high content, with trace elements of carbon and copper. So really they're more of a plant/fungus/animal hybrid. And yeah- there are clear signs that the orks are bio-engineered. Highly advanced bio-engineering and form what you can observe and analyze from your technology, this isn't their full potential. Whatever made them, made sure they'd degenerate down to their current forms and intelligence. It seems that while there are many forms of energy that make them live, only the psychic energy generated by fighting and war seems to make them grow and develop, and they don't really seem to have an upper limit to their age or how much they can grow, or how much their intelligence can grow.

Theoretically if you made a war big enough and had the orks fight in it, it would produce an ork as intelligent as a time lord assuming anything survived afterwards. Despite the state of the galaxy however this doesn't seem to fulfill the conditions to do: Ork biology wants the war to be more sudden, big and all at once rather than this long drawn out little conflicts across the stars adding up to a state of constant warfare over ten thousand years. Indeed, grinding wars of attrition don't seem to excite the orks as much and they will abandon such conflicts to fight more exciting fights, and its possible that the best tactic for dealing with the orks in a military sense is either assassination of a warboss to make the orks under them turn on each other a fabian strategy of not engaging orks in big fights and just whittling them down which would turn bored orks against their own warboss in search of a fight and thus break down into self-destructive violence just like killing the warboss would. Even then the spores produces from the orks corpses and the spores produced from them would need to be burned to truly make sure the threat of orks would go away forever.

Their technology is rough and crude, often ramshackle but functional, but often subject to constant poorly though out experimentation, trying to outdo the competition to build better guns, bigger things or faster vehicles, complicated by the fact that just use whatever they have on hand to make this or that, thus its not very uniform and how functional some of the more complex stuff they have can vary widely in functionality. At the same time some tech simply becomes inoperable if an ork isn't wielding it and Iota-34 would have told you that some of the Mechanicus believe that there is psychic field from the orks making their technology work.
    Now how much their technology is simply due to orks being smarter than anyone gives them credit for or if their psychic belief field is making it work is a complex matter: the Mechanicus for one aren't exactly the most reliable or scientific source of study for this as they tend towards magical thinking, the Imperial army themselves have debunked this theory as guardsmen have tested their technology and confirmed it is simply extremely unreliable, and according to what Eldar history has been told to you by Kaerabrynn, the Orks were a weapon created by the Old ones in a long ago war and thus would have logically some instinctual capability to make technology to fight it that has deteriorated, and this is true: the Mekboys can seemingly speaking ordinary ork slang while randomly throwing out scientific jargon and being confused by what they themselves just said while they work their tech. At the same time, the psychic field theory is not entirely untrue as where the orks are getting their ammo or fuel from doesn't always seem to make sense, sometimes they have more ammo than they should or a trukk keeps going when it shouldn't, yet they have industry and do repurpose other peoples structures and designs to their own purposes- they aren't just mindless brutes. For example a completely functional Imperial knight redecorated in ork designs walks past, more mobile and functional than the ork gorkamorka mech right next to it.

Furthermore, when they paint stuff red, the red ones do actually seem to go faster, and some of the more.....questionable/bare bones shoota designs seem to run on nothing but belief, but these seem to be extreme exceptions rather than the rule. Generally, ork technology is crude but works because its well, technology, its just unreliable because orks aren't always the brightest lot but it gets the job done for their purposes. The belief thing seems to kick in to like, lubricate this and that here and there so that a trukk keeps moving or a shoota keeps firing without them worrying over logistical details too much.

Ensara: Bring Divine Message
    Ensara sheathes her blade again, but it'd be boring to only use one martial art, despite how much she loved what was basically fantasy iaijutsu. So she brings her newly forged orichalcum hell-guitar out of her inner world while changing into a demon-rockstar outfit that she made herself after making the guitar
    “Lets kill my enemies with singing, because I can.”
    She begins singing a heavy metal song with lyrics She turns in the direction of the ork forces sending out sonic blasts with her singing to blast the tyranids out of the way. After all, she had to get to the warlord first for what she wanted. She roars and screams music at the tyranids and they shatter at its force, while she fires sound-blades at them while she strums her guitar, slicing through them. A tyranid suddenly leaps over her usual attacks trying to dive down her from the air. In response she roars at it at a constant note to push it back and send it flying. All this from the first technique of Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style: Voice of the Night Bird. However thats not the only trick in its arsenal, she suddenly lets out a get shrieked to instill supernatural fear into all the tyranids who hear to scatter, running away from her-known as Terrifying Battle Shriek, as she continues running towards the orks she lets out an even more terrible shriek with Resounding Songbird's Cry that produces a note that shatters crystal and glass, while making all their ears bleed as it hits them, and making their carapace crack and break. Unfortunately half the moves of Silver-Voiced Nightingale were about supporting and enhancing her allies and she was going off alone- then she remembered and uses Draw Forth Every Shard to create a bunch of reflections of herself to fight around her while she sings arias and hymns of inspiration and victory her clones fired up from her songs, and start showing off various other martial arts styles: one spinning and kicking in a dance like motion like Swaying Grass Dance Style, another using four other clones as her shadow fingers to fight for her while hiding within their shadows with Throne Shadow Style, another destroying tyranids with pressure points and essence poison applied through her fingers using Snake Style, while another taunts and evades the Tyranids, tricking them into other Ensara's attacks and manipulating them into making fools of themselves using Laughing Monster Style, another draws her blade to swiftly and efficiently eliminate them using Violet Biers of Sorrows like a ninja using knifehand strikes, while finally one uses Thousand Blades style controlling various spears to orbit around her and striking with them in a spinning motion when they close, firing them off when they are far away or distracted by other Ensaras, and of course old favorites like an Ebon Shadow Style Ensara executing them from the shadows then disappearing back into them, or using her flame pieces to burn them using Righteous Devil Style, Another wearing an elaborate dress to choke out tyranids with sashes, stab them with chopsticks or cut them with her sleeves using Dreaming Pearl Courtesan Style because how else is she going to get use out of a style meant to be used in fancy high class parties in this galaxy? Her Throne Shadow even also used the subtle attacks and poisons of White Veil to make some tyranids die unknowingly. The only style she couldn't use much here was Black Claw, unfortunately. A hivemind just wasn't a good opponent to use a style that relied on manipulation and turning people against each other.

She will soon get to the orks and simply looks around for the biggest ork around. Orks operate on a simple hierarchy: the bigger the ork, the more in charge they are. She soon finds the biggest ork she can see, standing taller and wider than all of them, with a black tooth decoration on his chin. Warlord Blacktoof, Overfiend of Octarius she presumed. Nearby orks charge to attack her and she uses her charms to eat the light around her to create a shroud of darkness like a smokescreen to hide her, then eats their memory of her as it fades. She hides as an invisible wind, flowing around the orks toward Blacktoof. If she wanted she could kill any of the orks with the razor winds of her form, but that was not what she was here to do.
    Ensara will go back to human form and appear before Blacktoof, but not as a human. She uses her blue magic to create an illusion around her of Orky version of herself larger than him-a female ork of amazonian build clad is scrap armor surrounded by floating shootas with her red hair flowing in the wind, something that no actual ork would ever look like as they are all technically genderless, but she didn't care. It was vain, but when she was ever wasn't? But then again her goal technically wasn't to become an actual ork.....but an ork deity of the warp. And whats the point of being a god if you can't decided how you look? The following will be translated from the ork dialect for ease of understanding. She yells
    “OI YOU BLACKTOOFED GROT, I'VE GOTTA DIVINE MESSAGE FER YA.”
    “Yeah right ya weird boy, this here's my Waaaaagh!”
    Blacktoof then tries to punch her but she catches the fist and grabs his wrist to slam him to the ground, the illusion following her movements or if need be, her telekinesis. She punches him a few times for good measure.
    “YER FIGHTIN' SPIRIT IS ORKY AS THEY COME. GOOD. BUT ALL WARBOSSES ARE SMALLA TO THE GODS ME BOY. I WANT YA TO GO FORTH AND SPREAD THE WORD ME COMING.”
    she releases him and announces to him and all the orks around her.
    “I AM ENSARA, SOON TO BE THIRD DEITY OF THE ORKS! BUT WHILE GORK IS BRUTAL BUT CUNNING, AND MORK IS CUNNING BUT BRUTAL, I ENSARA WILL BE SHOOTY BUT FAST. I'LL BE THE FASTEST, THE SHOOTIEST, THE SNEAKIEST GODDESS YOU EVER DID SEE, AND ME WITH ME COMING, I'LL BRING ME OWN DIVINE WAAAGH OF DA GURLZ TO FIGHT IN ME NAME FROM THE GREAT GREEN!
    WITH ME COMING, DERE SHALL BE A GREAT CHANGE IN DA ORKZ! I TELL YOU THAT ALL ORKS WHO FOLLOW ME NEW WAY WILL ACCEPTED INTO ME ALL-WAAAGH, AND EMBARK ON A NEW JOURNEY WITH MANY FIGHTS ACROSS MANY WORLDS! YOU WILL FACE FOES LIKE YOU NEVER FACED BEFORE AND HAVE A KRUMPING GOOD TIME DOING SO! WHY SOMEDAY I WILL EVEN ANSWER THE ULTIMATE QUESTION OF ORK EXISTENCE: WHEN DO YOU HAVE ENUFF DAKKA? THIS I PROMISE TO ALL ORKS WHO SPREAD ME WORD, FOLLOW ME WAYS AND FIGHT IN ME NAME! FIGHT ON ME BOYZ! WAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!”

They roar in unison with her, getting a morale boost from this weird new big ork showing out of nowhere and promising them good fights and fight harder against the tyranids. She then disappears in a burst of illusionary dakka. Ensara is now stealthily making her way back to the Tyranid side of the battle line.

13. - Top - End - #433

Frode was, as always, playing it cautiously. Any incoming munitions were seized by his abilities and dismantled into puffs of inert atoms, although he added a flash of illusionary explosion against his body when he 'felt' he had dismantled an explosive shell. His armour could almost certainly handle it without him even noticing, but he saw no real reason to take the chance.

The part of his awareness that was focused on the media feeds of himself, Alex, and Ensara, grabbed onto the notion of 'enuff dakka', and he smiled more broadly.

Pausing very briefly in his hammer-smashing, lightning-blasting obliterating of every ork in sight, he rose twenty metres or so into the air and produced his gigantic golden Hellbore, doing the classic cartoon 'reach around behind his own back and pull out something that would in no way have been hidden by his body' to pull it out of the pocket dimension that served as the gigantic weapon's 'holster'. He dropped down lightly, holding his weapon of choice- a plasma cannon that would dwarf even an Imperator Titan's Plasma Annihilator (and indeed, was nearly as long as some Imperators were tall), with shot cohesion maintained by advanced gravity manipulation, and delivering the general equivalent of a tactical nuke to the teeth every single second it was fired. Frode suspected that even orkz would have to respect this level of dakka. Then he hesitated again as another thought struck him, and he added glowing orky glyphs around the giant gun that spelled out "Herald of Ensara" up and down the cannon. Then he shifted subtly away from it, stealth screens rendering him temporarily invisible as the gun started operating 'independently', held solidly in the grasp of his planet-spanning technokinesis.

A short burst of plasma fire erased every ork close enough to have seen him pull the cannon out, and he faded back into view some distance away, resuming his ork-smashing. The Hellbore fired a few more shots, apparently out of nothing more than boredom... although if any mekboyz happened to fly overhead, they might notice that Ensara's name had been carved into the landscape in orkish glyphs.

Then, gradually, the 'random' tides of battle brought Frode and the newly-christened 'Herald of Ensara' Hellbore closer together, until the Herald fired on him.

Frode responded with the classic hammer spin that everyone who had been around Thor for any length of time was familiar with, the two-metre wide beam splashing against the whirling 'shield' in an explosion of fire and thunder that could be seen for a hundred kilometres around, and heard for even further. In reality, Frode was using the Hellbore Herald's gravitational beam focusers to 'splash' the beam at that point- without the true Mjolnir's enchantments, it didn't really matter how fast he spun it in front of a beam weapon, he was going to get hit. And while his hard-light holographic armour might be impossibly durable, face-tanking a nuke-per-second's worth of plasma wasn't about to be fun.

Using Mjol-nearly's teleportation system, he blinked away from the plasma stream and hurled the hammer, crashing harmlessly, but spectacularly, against the side of the cannon, an electrical explosion that crispified orcs hundreds of metres away and sent the cannon wobbling to one side. The hammer hurtled back to his hand, and he blipped away again, just before a plasma blast roared through the space he had been.

Frode put on a show-duel with the cannon for a few minutes longer, apparently battling the Hellbore Herald across dozens of kilometres of sky in a series of lightning bolts, plasma blasts, and hammer strikes before he 'made a mistake' and the cannon spun to strike him, seeming to knock him out of the sky to sprawl on the ground, then pinning him in place with a plasma blast that he tried to fight back with an answering stream of lightning, gradually losing the beam clash before being hurled back, smoking, and then fading out in a faulty-looking teleport that returned him to orbit behind stealth screens. With him gone, the titanic golden Hellbore would rocket through the sky, raining fiery death on the tyranids in such a way that they were herded into killboxes for the orkz, not interrupting the fun of the fight, but very, very clearly demonstrating both the 'shooty' aspect of Ensara along with her 'fast' aspect as it casually punched straight through any airborne tyranids, not even bothering to fire.

Frode had his own plans for the orkz, but he was quite willing to put them aside for Ensara's gambit. He would continue his studies of orky biology and psionics, but unless Ensara's plan failed, he wouldn't put anything of his own plans into motion, instead supporting his companion's bid for orky apotheosis. Although that being said, he was sufficiently self-aware to know that he had enough ego to want to spread his own myth amongst the orkish hordes, and even the 'Herald of Ensara' wasn't going to drop him easily.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

14. - Top - End - #434
    Colossus in the Playground

Alex has realized that she has no idea what to do in this situation, given that the other two have it handledwell enough, so she's psychically projecting a soundtrack.

She's open to suggestions.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Ensara Vs. The Swarmlord:
    The Green Sun Princess will smile as she flash steps forward through a horde of termagaunts and sheathes her katana from the Single Point slash, all of the tyranids falling to pieces behind her, creating a clear area as she calls outlasting
    “Hey Swarmlord! I'm over here!”
    The Swarmlord will come running. The Swarmlord is technically a more independent mind of the Tyranid Hive, yet still apart of it. Its meant to move things with more finesse when better strategies and tactics are called for, or when an extra-strong tyranid is needed. If it died, the Swarmlord would simply return to the Hivemind and be uploaded into a new tyranid body. It had devoured and outwitted many other civilizations and foes in other galaxies before, and it could not die- it was confident, as close as a being like this can feel such a thing anyways. It walks in carrying its four bone swords and lets out a
    “Rawr”
    “So your the Swarmlord that is so smart and powerful eh?”
    “Rawr”
    “I hope you give somewhat of a good fight...but I do have a question for you, Swarmlord: do you feel fear?”
    “Rawr?”
    "Oh don't worry.....we'll find out together."
    "Rawr!"
    The Swarmlord attacks first, with a flurry of its four bone blades wielded by its four arms in a complicated pattern. She draws her wraithbone katana normally and parries all four strikes with masterful skill-her swordsmanship even without Single Point was the stuff of legends.
    "Rawr...."
    "C'mon....I'm only a chosen demigod of weird primordial hell. You can do it."
    the Swarmlord feints a couple times and slashes two other times and she parries them again
    "I'm not even using my ki abilities! You still have a chance. If I were using those? It'd get real Piccolo Jr fight-early DBZ up in this. I don't because its like, killing all foes with a beam gets boring y'know? I've got an adamant circle spell for it but honestly I don't see how that Goku guy doesn't get bored using that same basic techni-"
    The Swarmlord lunges at her, swinging its blade and she dodges, hopping from side to side and leaning back and forth as the blades try to seek her flesh.
    "-que, y'know? There's so many other things he could be using!"
    She keeps dodging and parrying this and that, letting the Swarmlord keep fighting as she talks, observing how its fighting style works.
    "And yeah I just called the Kamehameha basic, I went there! I don't care if other martial artists out there in the omniverse hate me for it, his entire fighting style is stale and basic and the only reason anyone ever falls for it is because they keep underestimating him. But as soon he encounters any foe that actually respects his power, he loses! First Vegeta Fight, Cell fight, Second Vegeta Fight, Beerus, technically he gave up against Hit and lost there, he needed teamwork for both Zamasu and Jiren, I don't know why people keep saying Goku always wins, guy attained true Ultra Instinct then his body gave out mid-attack! He would've lost if his teammates hadn't helped at the last second. Maybe he keeps himself to basic techniques to challenge himself? Like his tastes are just minimalist rather than my collector tastes."
    "Rawr!" the Swarmlord says, not caring about any of this nonsense and just attacking harder in intricate swordsmanship of its own. It had much experience to hone its skills.
    "You suck at banter"
    She with four flourishes of her blade disarms the Swarmlord of its four bone blades. She then sheathes the Wraithbone katana, conjures two floating dragon arms and catches all four swords herself as they come down, one after another then takes a stance imitating the Swarmlords stance with them exactly- or at least the closest a human can.
    "Got your swords! Look I'm you now, Swarmlord. Rawr! Rawr!"
    The Swarmlord roars in response and attacks in rage, its claws still super-sharp. She imitates one of the Swarmlord's earlier attack routines and bisects it to pieces.
    "Dead by your own technique but....we both know this isn't the end."
    Indeed. The Swarmlord's body while dead does nothing to the Swarmlord's Mind, which returns to the greater Hivemind then simply gets put into a new body created for it by a bioship then get shot back down using a spore that lands near her, same Swarmlord body with four bone swords, roaring at her again:
    "Rawr."
    "You don't care for your own body, because you know your the strategic mind of the Tyranids that it calls in for special situations. Which means I can't end you by the usual means. Which means I have to get creative. Think I'll keep these four cool bone swords as trophies or to add to my arsenal though, even if they're just copies and I'll probably need to sterilize them or something, you never know with biological tech. and the way you use them I think will provide a good basis for like, making a martial art for wielding four swords at once. Attack me, I need to get a grasp on how to counter four swords with four swords"
    The Swarmlord whether hearing or enraged or not caring, attacks and they engage in an intricate whirlwind of eight blades clashing against each other, Ensara focusing entirely upon keeping up and learning the style its using as well as how to counter it, her eyes of Destiny showing purple irises as she observes, learns and replicates. It was something no ordinary human could ever keep up with- and the Exalted at most had made a style out of wielding only two swords called Steel Devil, she was wielding double that right now. She was doing what no Exalted had done before her- though she had no doubt was possible to replicate by other superhumans. She after all, was copying and replicating it already. They key she found, was constantly weaving her blades through defense and offense at the same time, with half her blades defending and the other half attacking and constantly which was doing which to confuse the opponent, or even using three blades to defend - after all you only need one blade to connect to actually inflict a wound or a killing blow. She just needed to thread the needle, find the gap in the defenses at the right ti- There.
    She manages to block two blades with one, two others with her second and third and plunge the last one into the Swarmlord's skull and the second corpse falls to the ground. It was so strange thinking of using four swords at once as being a defensive style, but the offensive routines were more suited to foes who can't match superhuman skill of using four swords at once anyways. She puts her four Swarmlord boneswords Elsewhere, having learned what she feels necessary. A third Swarmlord body drops from above and roars at her again.
    "and now thats done-"
    she whips out her Darksteel Hand Cannon and simply shoots the Swarmlord's head off, exploding it in a shower of blood and gore.
    "-I can just have fun for a bit, killing you over and over again."
    Soon a fourth Swarmlord body drops, growling in annoyance. Ensara takes a stance in Laughing Monster Form, smiling mischievously as her shifting stance of revolving limbs, making it seem as she has dozens of illusory arms. She sticks out her tongue and taunts the Swarmlord, enraging it and luring it into attack, dodging it then making an exaggerated feint to confuse it then counterattack with an open hand slap to shatter the Swarmlord's skull.

The Fifth Swarmlord comes, and she takes a Snake stance, using her Exalted perceptions to determine and hit the swarmlord's alien pressure points each hit piercing through its exoskeleton, making it fall down, none of its muscles working as both paralyzes using Crippling Pressure-Point Strike and poisons it using Essence Venom Strike, succumbing to the deadly magical venom.

The Sixth Swarmlord arrives, Ensara takes a more capoeira-like Swaying Grass Dance stance, as the Swarmlord charges at her, she does a low sweep kick to knock the Swarmlord off its feet then she proceeds to follow up with a storm of kicks practically spinning around in a rhythmic dance, constantly kicking it before it can respond, each kick coming in the revolution before it can get back up from the previous.

This time Seventh Swarmlord decides to fight from range, trading in swords for four biological guns customized for itself and fires at her from a distance, firing acid and spikes. She throws dodges and weaves while throwing other tyranids in the way, making them get gunned down by friendly fire, then summons Termination, the Orichalcum Exitus Rifle, spins around once then headshots the Swarmlord without looking through the scope.

The Eight Swarmlord gathers other Tyranids and begins attacking her in groups, and she uses blue magic to summon her shadow fingers, the former Adepta Sororitas arriving and wearing martial arts gi and with Ensara's direction they kill the tyranids with their palms and feet alone, empowered by the essence flowing her words and teaching, shadowy essence auras flickering around them as she and them use teamwork to destroy the eight swarmlord's body by her shadow fingers kicking it up into the air and she leaping up and slams back to the ground with a kick. She then dismisses them, appearing back in the Sabre.

The Ninth Swarmlord decides to start modifying its body; whatever this red-haired being is, it was not like the others in this galaxy. It would take more biomass to do this, but it had to figure out a way to get rid of this threat. It touches down invisible, having modified itself for stealth, perhaps a surprise attack will take it out? By Ensara says "Essence-Dissecting Stare" and sees the Swarmlord through a sight that sees through magic lies, takes a Violet Biers of Sorrows stance and runs forward, suddenly stoic, focused and calm, purple essence sharpening her hands as she takes out the Swarmlord with efficient and quick knife-hand strikes, her hands cutting and stabbing through the Swarmlord like daggers, killing it again.

The Tenth Swarmlord modifies itself more, more troops would clearly be useless so it stops production of replacements to focus on biomass to improve the quality of its next body to match what it has observed. The body this time teleports in, now only having two arms but the arms are much stronger, and optimized for using psychic energy as it begins firing crescent beams of psychic power at Ensara from its blades and she dodges them and draws her Wraithbone Katana again, meeting the Swarmlord again but this time it was using psychic energy to enhance itself and fight on her level, clashing against each other with equally furious swordsmanship, leaping and dashing across the battlefield as they clash again and again, Ensara's emerald anima flaring as she fights against the Swarmlord furiously.
    "Huh...and actually even foe for once. Fun! But unfortunately....I can't do this for TOO long, we have things to do, so...."
    She activates Nemesis powers to suppress psychic energy, and instantly the Swarmlord's strength and speed disappears as he gets cut in half by her blade burning with viridian flame. However even her power couldn't suppress the psychic power of the Tyranid hive fleet fully and its mind transfers back.

The Eleventh Swarmlord modifies itself again. okay. psychic energy wasn't going to work, what about materium sources instead? It instead modifies their biology to try and draw from starlight and the pure elemental energy of the Materium, appearing again and fighting at the same level but fueled by non-psychic energy.....Ensara defends herself, blocking dodging and fighting back but noticing a difference: other tyranids were visibly dying around the Swarmlord, their life energy being absorbed by the Swarmlord to power its ability to match her, the ground itself under it begins dying as it drains for that as well
    "Huh....your adapting, evolving, becoming more like a biological C'tan like being. I wonder why you haven't done so before? The C'tan and the Tyranids are not all the different after all: both want to devour the energy of the materium for their own growth and life. Its just that C'tan are more efficient about it. Perhaps its simply because like animals you only adapt so that its good enough, instead of figuring out the most optimal way to harvest and use energy beforehand. I have no doubt that if I continue messing around you'll become greater somehow. So...."
    She sheathes her blade once more, breathes in, and announces
    "Single Point Shining Into the Void Style: Blinding Nova Flare!"
    then suddenly speeds forward, her blade vibrating with overwhelming spiritual pressure and incredibly sharp Essence to pierce through all hope of defense or evasion, bisecting the Swarmlord in half, as the two halves fall, she sheathes the wraithbone katana with a resounding click and the shockwave from that blows away all the tyranids around her in a sphere, clearing the way so she can raises her hands in a spell
    "Adamant Circle Sorcery: Death Ray!"
    With a series of hand motions she gathers essence into her palms then fires a crimson beam of violent, destructive Essence from them, this great beam blasts forth into the sky, incinerating anything it touches as it passes by, extending up into orbit as she uses it as a giant laser cutter to burn through the bio-ships of the fleet she once saved just for this, cutting through them or reducing them to molten slag with its surging, Ensara pouring more essence into it to keep the spell going as she carves through the Tyranid fleet the Swarmlord was using until she destroys the Hive Queen of that particular one. Ensara then for good measure carves through the tyranid army around her on the ground, burning them to dust and melting the rock under them to slag as her Death Ray cuts through them Shiyuri comes leaping in exclaiming as Ensara ends the spell, the red beam narrowing and winking out.
    "What in Malfeas? I knew that spell was long range, but beyond the atmosphere!? I don't think any Exalts ever got quite that strong or far..."
    "Its a weird consequence of inter-world physics and how they interact" Ensara says "an Exalts power is somewhat narrative in nature- and Creation is full of narratives both figurative metaphysical- and each world has different rules regarding that, thus in a big galaxy like this, an Exalts power expands to fit the narrative of this setting. The limits of these things are fuzzy so what I can bend in my favor, I do."
    "Didn't you say using a beam attack was boring?"
    "Well yeah, thats why I only use it when needed, that and Death Ray is better than kamehameha because I can use it as this blade to cut through stuff rather than a cannon blast. Only did because I'm taking the Swarmlord seriously now."
    "What the-Ensara, NO. You know what happens to Exalts that get complacent! Take your foes seriously!"
    "Sigh, come on Shiyuri, I know there are serious threats out there in this galaxy to me, I just haven't encountered them often, whats wrong with having a little fun? Anyways I found one so I gotta make sure its taken out for real, Mephizara is informing me that the Swarmlord uploaded its mind into a body on a different planet and is now preparing for me. I'm sure you can take care of the tyranids here."
    She teleports out

The Sabre:
    It blasts through four of the six mini fleets remaining, quickly destroying them while two manage to escape. When those fleets get out of range, the ground Tyranids fall into disarray and begin to fighting randomly, falling to both the remaining two Exalts and the Orks firing at them, Shiyuri tearing through them with gigantic werebeast forms and Twisting River firing off tons of lightning bolt ballista bolts with her warstrider.

As for Frode, the Orks are very boosted by the performance and they surge upon the tyranids, charging as they fire off dakka just to hear the sound then begin hacking through with their choppas with enthusiasm, the Tyranids had been beginning to adapt to orky fighting and try to make it a grind, which wasn't fun to them but now the tyranids were just engaging in a good fun old brawl! This is great for them. Green energy seems to be generated, Waaaaagh! energy they call it as they fight together in unison and joy like this. Some of the ork weirdboyz (psykers) seem to explode when this happens though, and despite the orks clearly turning the battle in their favor, their technology is still unreliable and and at least some casualties are to the orks themselves because of it. You could probably easily defeat ork armies yourself using your technopathic abilities by simply making their ramshackle tech break down, and most of the orks are having too much fun fighting up close to care.

Rhiannon frowns as Alex offers
    "The only songs I know are Imperium hymns dedicated to destroying xenos and heretics or celebrating tales about the Primarchs....maybe there are Imperial Guard songs they might sing when they pass time but I wouldn't know them."
    Iota-34 says
    "The only songs I know are Mechanicus techno-chants dedicated to remembering the instructions for how the local machines and manufactorums operate, or ones about the principles of the Machine God"
    Kaerabrynn says thoughtfully
    "The only songs I know are the ones lamenting the fall of my people or tales of dead gods that we continue to worship simply to cling to their memory"
    Iota-34 says
    "According to these computers, the only songs the orks know down there are tavern songs about drinking fungus beer, beating things up and improvised songs about whatever famous ork they can remember"
    There is a visible silence as they listen to Same Old Story, realizing that their music sucks.
    "....Why do the ork songs sound like the least depressing to hear?" Rhiannon asks "Maybe we're not the best people to request music, play what you want Alex."
    "Hm. Maybe we should find an STC archive with better music in it" Iota wonders "Surely those were better times with better music no matter what mistakes the ancients made and I think all our own music are forms of propaganda anyways"
    "Anyways" Rhiannon says "we have successfully defended Octaria but we still have many planets to evac, lets pick up those who went down there then get going. From what we can gather there are multiple inhabited planets being attacked at the same time and we won't be able to save them all one by one, it might be best to split up and have the Jumpers save a planet each- though I might be thinking too small if they are capable of more."

Ensara Vs. the Swarmlord, Round 2:
    She teleports in on another planet in the Octarius Sector, seeing the Swarmlord absorbing and repurposing biomass of the tyranids around it even as these tyranids fight to eat and invade a planet of humans trying to defend it- a desert world where people are fighting amongst the sands. A flicker of rage enters her eyes.
    "Okay, innocents are involved now, I DOUBLY can't mess around anymore."
    She suddenly speeds forward faster than anyone can see, quick kicks the Swarmlord to the ground and calls out as she begins to use one of the most feared and dangerous techniques of Sidereal Martial Arts:
    "Charcoal March of Spiders Style: Pattern Spider Touch! Inner Beast Awakening Venom!"
    She does one of the eight motions of weaving the loom, then with a pressure point strike wreathed in powerful essence, injects a fate and reality-warping venom into it. The venom courses through the Swarmlord's body and warps both its mind and body, fate and reality itself contorting so that it turns into....

A small pig.

The small pig gets up, looks around confused and scared and goes
    "Oink"
    No longer connected to the Hivemind, still remembering it was once Swarmlord technically but its mental capacity and reasoning was far reduced. It runs off, scared of her as Ensara turns to the problem of the Tyranid fleet here attacking innocents. Killing the Swarmlord was never about its body but its mind. It was an aeons old creature, autonomous yet connected to the hivemind, and now it was nothing but a little pink pig. She could've just turned it to stone sure, but the mind would've persisted just as with this transformation and as a big stone statue in the same shape as the Swarmlord, and turning it into a human would replace it with a sapient being being created in the middle of a terrifying combat situation- and too close to other Tyranids to risk being reminded of their old life. Less awareness the better. She wasn't sure if the little pig swarmlord would be transferred back to the hivemind if killed so she sets her sights on killing the local hive fleet in front of her, after all, so why take the risk? She phases the Swarmpig out of time to phase in later, and she speeds forward to fight again.

16. - Top - End - #436

"Well, maybe I could suggest a little Fanfare for the Common Man?" Frode suggested. "Given that's who we're trying to save and all that."

Then he spoke to Ensara alone, over a private channel. "I could erase the remaining orkz on this world fairly easily- their tech is so inefficient that it would barely take a nudge from me for it to pop off like fireworks on New Year's Eve. But do you want to keep these ones around as the start of your cult? I know you were trying to spread the arrival of the gurlz, or some such, and I tried to give things a nudge or two in that direction as well."

Over an open channel, he added "Oh, and Iota-34, if you would be so kind as to check the computers in the folder labelled "Music of Old Earth", you should find more than a hundred million pieces of music from the second millennium, including pieces that were written long before that, but performed by artists in that time period, once recording technology became available. Feel free to peruse it at your leisure- your implants should play it for you privately, or you or Trader Rhiannon can select a piece to be played across the common areas of the Sabre... or over vox to nearby ships, or even taking over nearby ships' internal vox systems to play it irresistibly aboard them." There was clearly a small smile in Frode's voice at that last statement.

To Alex, he said "I have been detecting a psychic... packet, for lack of a better term... bouncing up and down from orbit when Ensara was killing that swarmlord. Unfortunately, I lack the tools to interfere with it much aside from maybe degrading the signal a little. Do you think you would be able to create a mind-virus that could alter a swarmlord's perceptions of who is friend and who is foe? If the Tyranids started eating each other, it would make life significantly easier for us."

Frode would wait for a response from his companions, then *VWOORP* his way over to the next inhabited world in danger.
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2024-02-07 at 06:50 PM.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

(OOC: aaaaagh, sorry this took so long)

Ocean World: Alros III
    Frode finds himself over an ocean world called Arlos where the Tyranids are.....drinking the ocean. Literally. Your devices indicate the water levels are lowering. There is forces of local people shooting tyranids that come crawling up to their islands in defensive wall positions and successfully to, their cities and homes having been turned into fortresses and war zones, but its clear that the waves of tyranids are just as distraction- the tyranid fleet here is working to kill this entire planet through dehydration then probably eat the corpses when they drop from being unable to drink, and these imperial humans are simply not equipped or educated correctly to solve this as a problem, they've been raised under oppressive regime of force, fear and ignorance their whole lives and only know how to shoot at bug.

Cemetary World: Nedyra's Fall
    The Sabre travels to the orbit of Nedyra's Fall, once a war world where thousands of years ago one named Saint Nedyra fell in martyrdom to fight against invading orks against the nearby empire of Octaria, to finally end the long war there, it over time became a cemetary world where various heroes and imperial guardsmen of the Octarius Sector are buried with full honors for their sacrifice against threats to the Imperium, its inhabitants being an entire planet of funerists and gravekeepers, richer and wealthier imperial people receiving more elaborate tombs while most receive mere shallow graves, or are reduced to a name on a wall of many names. Some monuments are nameless, with a single statue dedicated to entire regiments with the names of individuals lost in the depths of the records of the Administratum. There is of course a tyranid fleet and swarms on the surface attacking them spreading across the surface but as Shiyuri and Twisting River observe it they notice something else
    "Shiyuri....does that look like what I think it looks like?"
    River says point to patches of the planet being noticeably darker even from space
    "....I hope it doesn't River, because those look like Shadowlands"
    "That....makes no sense. Why are shadowlands here? This universe doesn't have an Underworld." says River
    "It may be the same thing as that Red Lantern thing" Shiyuri says "Those Benefactor-whatevers decided to bring the Underworld or at least its physics here. That....is bad. Neverborn was a problem no one was able to solve in Creation. They're nowhere near an active threat, but if the Deathlords are here, they could be a problem." Shiyuri replies
    "Worse" says River "If the Abyssal Exalted are here..."
    "....We do NOT need 100 Exalts who are incredibly good at murder in this universe, these people seem more than good enough at killing each other without them being involved"
    "...Are they that bad?" asks Rhiannon "if they're anything like Ensara, then they could be a good force to get rid of a lot of threats"
    "Well for one, no Exalt is truly alike, Rhiannon" Shiyuri says "each one is an individual. Second of all, there are like five different types of castes they have and only one of them are legends of war, two of them are social castes, one are basically scholars and the last are basically rogues. More probably you have 20 Dusk Caste Abyssals who can kill like Ensara can, but Ensara herself didn't start out that good at it-when she started out, her best skill was actually STEALTH with brawling being her second best talent and I had to teach her that, then she found a Sidereal to teach her martial arts. She's only good because she has raised her essence to the point where she can achieve that sort of thing the hard way....there can be Abyssals that can be just as good at killing from the moment they Exalt...at least if she was only an Exalt, I have no idea how her other Jumps add to her power. The rest do things like reform society, make inventions, spy.....and since they're Abyssals anything they do will be slanted to benefit the dead, ghosts and cause death in general."
    "....how is that bad?" Rhiannon says, confused "The Imperium reveres our dead already and makes sure they serve even after they pass on with things like Space Marine Dreadnoughts, holds up martyrs as examples of what to follow, makes servitors..."
    Shiyuri and River exchange glances
    "....oh no, this galaxy is basically free land for an Abyssal with a culture like that."
    "Not to mention what the Deathlords will do to it. between Silver Prince, The Bishop and The Lover...."
    "....We're going to have our work cut out for us. But, lets defend this planet first."
    River leaps into Five Dragon Cataclysm again while Shiyuri rides down to begin fighting, seeing various ghostly imperial guardsmen from the shadowlands fighting by possessing armor and weapons alongside local PDF. The Tyranids try to attack the ghosts normally but they only hit the objects the possess while the ghosts find new weapons and armor to possess and fight some more, and tyranids that get into shadowlands find themselves able to fight the ghosts directly but they fight back with centuries of ghostly experience and weapon that are greater phantasms of the ones they have in life.
    Shiyuri touches down and forms out of essence silver armor and silver essence claws, morphs into a chameleon-girl hybrid war form and begins tearing through the tyranids on the ground while River slashes through hordes with wide sweeping strikes of the mecha-sized blade.

Meanwhile the The sabre begins firing upon the local Tyranid fleet again while they figure out how to use it to evacuate the planet when they're done getting rid of the Tyranids.

Ensara: Demonstrate Why Its Called a "Universal" Weapon
    On Tellran VII:
    She responds to Frode:
    "Yeah sure, spare them. Octaria's an Ork world so once the Tyranids are dealt with there, they won't be really fighting anyone other than themselves. The key problem to solve with them is them attacking other species, and all the Imperium's constant fortifications and military-focused stuff makes the orks think humans like war just as much as they do. Which.....uh.....considering Khorne exists might not be too far off the mark. Anyways, I turned the Swarmlord into a pig, and I got to defend a planet right now, gonna use your spear. After some thought, I realized its potential-I don't think you realize what you handed me."
    She calls the Universal Spear from her Inner World. She looks out at the tyranid invasion of this world. The Universal Spear was capable of various effects such as energy blasts, forcefields, flight and changing the structure of matter. They sounded simple on paper, but were in fact incredibly broad when you think about them, when you really think about the applications one could come come up for it. First of all, it said energy blasts...

Ensara points the spear and begins firing energy blasts- heat blasts, lightning blasts, kinetic blasts, radioactive blasts, all sorts of energies to destroy the tyranids both sensible and fantastical, such as cold energy to freeze them, life energy to heal nearby human soldiers defending their world, psychic energy to break tyranid minds and disrupt their connection, all sorts of things like that- after all, this was a Marvel weapon, running on comic book logic, and comic books were NONSENSE. Nonsense, that was advantageous to her.

....It didn't say what KIND of energy those blasts were, and all sorts energy could be fired as blasts.

Second, forcefields is a strange little power. Normally you just think a forcefield just shields you. But forcefields are basically energy as matter and thus can be any shape, theoretically so....

She starts making forcefields to bubble up innocents and civilians and telekinetic move them away, then when they're deposited, those empty forcefield bubbles are then turn into wrecking balls, while other forcefields become walls for soldiers to hide behind, while other force fields suddenly turn into circular blades slice them, others just form around them and contract to crush them or appear inside a tyranid and expand to burst out from within, or crush them between two forcefield slates, changing the energy the forcefields are made of for various effects as they ram into them as defensive fortifications,

Third, changing the structure of matter well.....that is a crazy flexible power all its own!

Ensara points the Universal Spear at some tyranids and turns them to stone, then a few others to copper, then iron, then silver, turn a few to gold over here, turn some to platinum there, some to titanium there, turn these few to lead, y'know just get a tyranid for every metal y'know? But then she turns some to water, others to wine, some to orange juice, then she turns a tyranid into chocolate breaks off a piece then eats it, then decides to reshape the land under the Tyranids so all their feet are encased in stone and they cannot break free, rendering them immobile. Then she makes the cement suddenly stab them with spikes killing a bunch all at once. She does things like turn air into stone above their heads, dropping boulders from the sky on them, turns one of the tyranids into a bomb that explodes taking out the rest, and other such applications.
    "...It truly is a Universal weapon, because I'm wielding the power of like, a god with this spear? How have the Kree not conquered everything with this thing? Comic book characters I tell ya, given the most flexible and powerful abilities in the world then do nothing but the most basic uncreative applications of them so they can punch the enemy up close. I may like fighting but come on, do they not appreciate creativity? I got bored of just defeating people by punching everything normally years ago. But I digress....I have people to save."
    She will fly into the sky with the Universal Spear, then deciding to end it, draws upon a great amount of mana to cast one of the most powerful Red Magic spells...
    "Obliterate"
    and from her hand a great fiery explosion erupts upon the Tyranid fleet, wiping it out utterly.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2024-02-23 at 07:43 PM.

18. - Top - End - #438

Ocean World: Alros III

Frode studied the problem briefly from orbit, then sort of shrugged. Given that the majority of the ocean life seemed to have already been 'nid-ified or eaten, he decided that it was time for some aggressive re-hydration.

Temporary force barriers popped up along the shores in strategic locations as he pulled a number of ice asteroids from the system's asteroid belt, their trajectories carefully calculated to arrive at splashdown at the same time (and incidentally pass through the tyranid fleet in orbit at considerable speed, diminishing it somewhat), a hundred million cubic kilometres of ice, half-melted from atmospheric re-entry, landing squarely on top of the largest concentrations of ocean-drinking tyranids. The short-lived force barriers Frode had set up along the shores absorbed the colossal tidal waves caused by all this, incidentally smashing any tyranids swept along with the waves to jelly as they were crushed between the irresistable force of the wave and the immovable object of the forcefields.

With water levels now restored, and the tyranid forces both on the ground and in orbit reduced to shambles, a simple message popped up next to every single person on the planet.

EVACUATE/DEFEND?

Those that chose to evacuate would be offered Frode's standard portals, while those that chose to defend would be armed for 'nids and given personal temporal stabilizers that would protect them from the effects of the Neverwhen Flux whenever it happened to be deployed. All of this would be explained succinctly and clearly should anyone happen to question what was happening, and anybody yelling about heresy would abruptly find themselves teleported sans portal (at least, no visible portal, anyways) into a smaller area with everyone else yelling about the same where they could keep one another company and not annoy everyone else with their nonsense.

As he arranged all this, Frode watched Ensara's Universal Weapon antics with a bemused expression. He was pretty sure that the kree artifact couldn't actually do some of the stuff she was pulling out of it, but decided it was probably some aspect of her Exaltation interacting oddly with the supertech weapon. Either that or the kree Accuser Corps members he had interacted with had seriously undersold him on the power of their signature armament- some of what Ensara was doing looked like she was using the Power Cosmic, and Frode found himself, not for the first time, rather impressed with his companion's power and raw fighting talent.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Alros III:
    The inhabitants don't seem to have any fanatics or zealots protesting this....mostly because it seems everyone in the churches are dead, planetary archives indicate that the local Ecclesiarchy were Tyranid deniers that thought the God-Emperor would never allow the Tyranids to eat them all on pure faith, and the rest of the planet disagreed, shot them and prepared accordingly when the Cordon Impenetra was erected. They assess their resources and all choose evacuate- the ecology of the planet was irrevocably destroyed and would take too long to recover as their food supplies depended largely upon the oceans they lived upon and the fish farms they used.

You detect strange phenomena nearby: one solar system with a forge world called Kulthan Delta attacked by Tyranids seems to be caught in five minute time loop, and another forge world called Camgibos Minor seems to have unleashed a grey goo scenario against their local Tyranids.

Ensara: begin fight with A Swarmbrute
    She makes sure Tellran VII is safe then teleports to the next planet with Tyranids named Malforn VIII, a , attacking them with the Universal Spear- then suddenly a powerful new Tyranid leaps out of nowhere, just as powerful as the Swarmlord, but it was....different. It was attacking her forcefully, more focused on the individual fight than the overall battle, and the Tyranid fleet at Malforn VIII seems to not be producing reinforcements. As she dodges its fast and strong attacks she figures
    "Huh....guess the Hivemind noticed me. But you seem different. In some ways stronger, a little bigger than the Swarmlord, yet not tactical, more individual.....more like a Swarmbrute."
    She punches back and instead of dying, the Swarmbrute is merely hurt.
    "Okay, yeah, you are strong. I guess such a response like this is less conscious thing and more like....we're stinging its probing finger, so its reacting us ants by trying to squash us a little harder. But...."
    She looks around as she dodges and evades the Swarmbrutes attacks
    "making one Swarmbrute, is enough to tax an entire Tyranid fleet out of the bio-fuel it needs so that it can't replenish its ground force numbers. Just speculation, but this might explain why such a thing isn't always made....a Swarmbrute is inefficient, resources wise. Maybe the Malforn VIII Tyranid Fleet is just written off as already lost, and the Hive's sacrificing it just to try and take me out. Makes sense I guess."
    She gets a warning from her charms and dodges attack from termagaunts from behind, the Swarmbrute was coordinating nearby tyranids to attack her in ambushes. She takes a stance
    "Well, finally time to get around to this then! Thousand Blades Style!"
    A few over a dozen spears appear around Ensara floating in midair, each one an artifact, a work of art. She had no evocations for any of them, but right now, it was all about fighting with a bunch of cool spears. She spins the spears around her in a deadly whirlwind, killing any termagaunts and hormagaunts attacking her, then she began firing the spears and resummoning them back rapid fire while riding on one of the spears like a surfboard while it flew it around, flying above and around the Swarmbrute, her spears moving to telekinetic parry and block its blows when needed, while the Swarmbrute begins dodging the spear thrown at it then it charges up a psychic power and fires a powerful blast of psychic lightning at her, streaking across the air towards her.

Nedyra's Fall: The Arrival of The Fell Rider Armored in Torment
    The Sabre makes short work of the Tyranid fleet in orbit, of course.

Meanwhile Shiyuri fights through the tyranids in her hyena-hybrid warform, ripping and tearing through them when she hears the sound of galloping hooves-and a dark, disturbing chill she is familiar with
    "No....not him...."
    An Abyssal comes riding in, upon a fell undead raptor with ghostly blue eyes. Shiyuri recognized him: It was The Fell Rider Armored In Torment, a Dusk Caste encased forever in black soulsteel plate armor and wielding a soulsteel daiklaive, a powerful chopping sword-like one of brute force, this dark knight cleaving his way through the hordes of the Tyranid forces while his raptor steed charges through them with brute force as well, neither of them caring for any of the local defenders they kill in their way, as for an Abyssal like him death is chivalrous and makes no exceptions, but nor does it go out of his way to slaughter them- if they find themselves in the path of the Fell Rider's blade so be it, but killing either side was not his aim.

It was merely to clear the stage.

He carves a bloody circle around Shiyuri to clear the area of foes and then turns and points his blade at her from atop his dread steed
    "Shiyuri, Full Moon Caste of the Lunar Exalted, Member of the Silver Pact also known as Many Masks Chameleon. We meet again- but fear not for I have not come to kill you this day. The Fell Rider Armored In Torment seeks instead, your Infernal Mate whom has stolen previous daiklaive from my possession. You know of my fell necromancy and my strength- speak of her location, and I shall not extract it from your ghost, whom will be far less able to resist me."
    "Look, I know you want the Willbreaker back...but you don't want to pick this fight, Fell Rider. Ensara has acquired more power than you could ever dream of. Besides you already have a new one, probably forged from whatever tortured souls you took to make it, going to her will just cause her to steal your new one cause she likes stealing all the cool swords. You know that."
    "What foolishness- no Exalted is truly invincible, and none in existence escape death forever. I have bound the Inevitable Vengeance Blade to me in ways she cannot break, using Necromantic power she cannot learn. You are not an Infernal or Abyssal Exalt like Ensara and I, you cannot hope to win with your weaker Exaltation. Speak! Give her location and Death shall turn a blind eye to meet you another day!"
    "No. Ensara doesn't have time to deal with this petty sword nonsense when this entire Sector is at stake and I can fight you just fine. Don't underestimate me just because I'm a Lunar!"
    "...Very well." The Fell Rider says "If I cannot get back Willbreaker, I shall instead make Ensara despair over your corpse as payment. Despair! For Death comes to you this day!"
    The Fell Rider then charge upon his dread steed spreading terror with every step, while Shiyuri roars and charges back in fury, to fight to protect her Infernal Mate.

20. - Top - End - #440

Frode made certain that the evacuees were settled comfortably in the infinite interior of his TARDIS self, then made a beeline for Cambigos Minor. The time loop would keep for the moment- it wasn't as if it would get worse, after all, given its very nature. And if the tyranids adapted to a grey goo scenario, there was the potential for them to break the Cordon Impenetra before the jumpers could deal with things on a larger scale. And a grey goo scenario would kill everything in the world just as surely as the tyranids would. Even if all that wasn't a consideration, a planetary mass' worth of insatiable nanomachines really wasn't something you wanted to leave laying around, especially in a universe as absurd and grimdark as this one. So all things considered, Frode figured he had a number of good reasons for visiting that world first.

Appearing on the planet a kilometre or two ahead of the expanding tide of nanite destruction with the standard *VWOORP* sound, Frode shifted back to human form.

Working quickly, he technokinetically grabbed a sample of the nanite goo and analyzed it with his abilities. As seemed to always be the case for this universe, it was a bizarre mishmash of the highest of high tech and barely-functional bodged-together junk. Frode thought for a short while, occasionally vaporizing venturesome tyranids with the Hellbore. Then he reached out and started altering the grey goo, fixing the sketchier design aspects and adjusting its programming. The tide of silvery machinery receded, some rebuilding the landscape that had been destroyed, at least to a certain extent, while the rest went into hunter-killer mode, seeking tyranids in a much more directed fashion and going to work.

Each nanite was reconfigured to denature one or another of a specific protein within the tyranids, and as the cloud got organized, tyranids suddenly started falling apart, going from fearsome warbeasts to puddles of goo between steps. It wasn't a solution that would be safe for long, but it should hold to save this planet from both itself and the encroaching horde of space locusts.

Tapping into the vox circuits, Frode sent out a call to the planetary leadership, offering to either harden the Forge World, turning it into a Forge-tress World, or evacuate it entirely, depending on preference.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

(OOC: I thought about it, and....for it to be worth continuing this, I'd have to have a clear vision about where to go, what direction to take. Since I don't, I have to say its not a good idea and thus end it, since TeChameleon has probably decided to opt out)

Ensara: Make Your Choice
    The Swarmbrute attacks and Ensara impales it with multiple blades and blades then uses them to pull it part with them in a dramatic finish. She then receives a message from Iota-34 about a fight Shiyuri is having and she teleports to Nedyra's Fall.

There she finds Shiyuri holding her own against the Fell Rider, but she is clearly being pushed to her limit doing so while the Fell Rider is keeping up just fine, a battle going back and forth between them. she jumps and punch the Fell Rider sending him flipping over and landing somewhere him going
    "Ensara! We meet again! Where is my Lifedrinker!? Give me back my daiklave!"
    "Your still on about that? I stole it fair and square, and you work in service to the Bishop of the Chalcedony Thurible anyways, your philosophy is garbage and so is the person you work for. I feel no guilt or shame in taking your cool dark accursed sword made of souls. Your lucky I have little-to-no morals because a good person would just destroy something like this. Also I'm much more powerful and can beat you more easily now. So uh.....cope, seethe, mald?"
    "Hmph. Very well! If your so confident.....DESPAIR! FOR DEATH HAS FOR YOU THIS DA-"
    The Fell Rider begins to charge and announce his catchphrase when suddenly time stops.

Only Ensara herself still moves. She blinks and realizes
    "Oh no....when this happens its.....usually my Benefactor."
    And then in a flash of paradoxical black light, Mayhem the Outer Goddess of Chaos and Ensara's patron for her chain appears surrounded by thousands of purple writing tentacles covered in millions of eyes with the echoing discordant laughter of endless eldritch abominations heralding her arrival, chaos energy dancing around her distorting reality with her very presence and creating a TV static effect, unknowable truths and the joy of endless chaos dancing in Mayhem's gaze. It was one of the few times on her Jumpchain that Ensara felt fear.
    "Apologies, Ensara but.....both other patrons have pulled out their Jumpers, your the only one left. Said it was boring. It was a nice experiment while it lasted but its time to end it."
    "What, your going to take me to my next jump now?"
    "No. You see.....your not the original Ensara."
    "What?"
    "Your a second one, created for this little side timeline of possibility for this little experiment in the first place. At the end of every jump, a choice is presented. But unlike most, the choice here is 1. Stay Your Own Being.....or 2. Merge With Your Other Self. I'll leave it to the two of you to discuss it."
    "Two of u-"
    Mayhem disappears in flash of glitches then Ensara feels fear for the second time this day, as the second most powerful being she ever saw appears before her from a portal of infinite void, another Ensara wearing armor with a night sky design a white glowing infinity symbol on it floating out. Time resumes, only for a great pressure to fall upon all the universe, making everyone stop what they're doing to wonder whats happening, even the Tyranids. Even beings in distant galaxies with no idea of this conflict shiver in fear of something unknown being present in the same existence as them. Boundless Ensara looks to.....Ensara and says
    "Hey, hows its going? Not well, I'm guessing given what I was just informed of."
    "Yeah.....My new Jumper friends are now gone.....and I just found out I'm an alternate version of you....not a great day."
    -Y! Wait, why are there two of you!? No, it matters not! I SHALL REAP YOU BOTH!"
    Boundless Ensara turns to look at Fell Rider, annoyed
    "Oh. Another version of you."
    She turns on her intimidation perks, sending Fell Rider cowering to the ground with her mere gaze
    "Run. You are not a challenge to me, ant. Come back when you can destroy outerverses at the very least."
    The Fell Rider quickly runs back to the local Underworld- not that it made any difference to Boundless Ensara. Such a dimensional boundary wasn't even an inconvenience for someone of her power. She mostly just wanted him out of the way so they could talk uninterrupted. Boundless Ensara turns back to her counterpart
    "Just to let you know: Whether you choose to merge with me or not will not affect whether I save this world. Whatever you choose, I'll make sure its all solved, everything saved between my Archive perk and my absurdly high intelligence."
    "Okay, but why is this choice being offered specifically?"
    "Well, to be clear with you, I'm basically you, but having done a lot you were going to do anyways. For example: becoming the new Chaos Goddess of Change? I have the perk for that and being the Ork deity as well in a warhammer 40,000 I already did. Second of all your going to count as an alternate self for various perks of mine anyways- but thats being blocked by Mayhem right now. Ordinarily, my Ultimate Self perk allows me access to the memories of you anyways and possess you to live again if in the astronomically unlikely scenario I die and don't have any other ways to come back. Right now, all that really separates you from me are the memories that you have of this timeline and how you deviate from my own. By merging we'd be one person with both memories of my and your timeline. It'll be as if we experienced each other's stories in an instant. Now, you can make the argument that as an alternate self you can grow individually and be a backup for me and whatnot, and its valid if you choose that. I just want you to consider that your journey might not be very different from my own. Unless you want to go in a radically different direction from me, you'll probably sooner or later make many of the same decisions I did...."
    "....And whats the point of a second run, if I don't do anything differently? Your saying I might as well just as skip to the end?"
    "Pretty much. This choice is a choice about individuality and what is more important to you: we as always want to be our own person, to an individual who is free, that is what we've always been and I know that holds true for you as well. You have to choose whether being yourself means merging with me and becoming the power, the endpoint you want and always strived for....or to be who you are right now, separate and find out what it means to be you when another self has already accomplished what you sought for? Because if all I am is what you want to be....then why not become me, right now? I have all the memories of the journey, so it'll be as if you experienced that journey yourself. Its not as if there is any point in replicating me in your own journey- I can always create an infinite number of clones just as powerful as myself if need be with own powers, there does not need to be another copy of myself running around. You can decide to do whatever of course, but if you do choose to be separate from me, I urge you to make the difference meaningful- to truly become a different person from me."
    "But....we're parallel selves, you ARE me"
    "Yup, my point exactly, kinda hard to become different when its probable that you'll make a lot of the same decisions yeah? I'm just pointing this all out for your benefit, because of what you value. If you decide to be separate, I doubt you'd want to be in my shadow or anything, so whatever you do, you'd have to make it count."
    Ensara thinks about it. Normally she wouldn't take such an offer, but its herself. Given the kind of of perks one would have access to, her mind was probably protected from unwanted changes for all eternity, and thus there is probably little if any actual difference in how they thought. But then Shiyuri speaks up
    "Oh come on, Ensara your a different person from her! and think: what will happen to all the versions of your companions you have now?"
    "You are all accounted for already. People in the Inner World will simply be added as another city I have, not merged and you and River can choose to be separate or merge with your counterparts yourselves. the companions of this WH40k universe well....its best they stay so they can enjoy the better world I'm going to give them, no?"
    "But still you, Boundless godly Ensara or whatever, you just want her to merge with you just because you say so? where do you get off?"
    "Shiyuri, I understand this sounds weird, but honestly its not that big of a deal to me." says Boundless Ensara "I am already ridiculously powerful. I don't really need more power, and your Ensara won't give me more, I think. at least, not any amount that would make a difference to me. Furthermore there is a possibility I'll gain her memories with the Absolute Self perk when Mayhem's protection falls anyways. The offer is for her benefit, not mine. Given the way my perks work, its actually more of a benefit to me that more alternate selves exist given they're a potential way for me to cheat death and gain powers from learning independently of me. I just figure it'd be best if you know in advance and some choice about the matter. My perks powers would hold true if you I didn't show up after all, you just might've found out someday down the line, suddenly possessed by me, not knowing whats going on."
    "Well, there is no way that Ensara would merge with you she values being herself so much that-"
    "I'll merge with you"
    "What!?"
    "Shiyuri, when I was a normal human in my home world, I was powerless. I didn't feel free or that I could be myself. If this Ensara has achieved what I want and experienced it, I'm not going to be stubborn anime protagonist about it and take the long hard way for no reason. I wouldn't be the Jumper I am if I didn't take cheats and shortcuts like this. And don't worry- its me. I'll still be here."
    "...Okay..."
    Boundless Ensara holds out her hand, and Ensara takes it, they glow wihte and hug close together then the light forms into a single Ensara shape and fades....and there Ensara was.
    "...Ensara? How do you feel?" Shiyuri asks
    "No different. I still remember everything, but now I remember.....everything else. I was both of me. Now I am just me, and I still love you."
    "Thats good to hear..."
    "But now thats done, what is different is that I feel....so much power. Its time to fix it all.....then get going."
    Ensara then raises her hand and a flash of light envelops the entire universe.

Epilogue:
    Senator Rhiannon, done with her speech to remake the Republic of Humanity on Terra walks to Iota-34, now a leader of the reformed Mechanicus religion.
    "So....what do we know?"
    "Senator, the Tyranids all seem to be disintegrated. The orks....there are remnant artifacts of their existence, but have seemingly disappeared without being killed. The hostile Necrons have been eradicated and only one opens to trade and negotiations remain. Chaos is gone and the Warp is....far calmer now. The Emperor is gone, and the Space Marines now dedicate themselves to be protectors of the galaxy against any further threats and their gene seed now seems to work on any human now. the Ecclesiarchy has been broken into various human religions that don't worship one monolithic entity and the Tau have shed the Ethereal caste and while not entirely giving up the Greater Good ideology have reformed it to not be imperialistic and instead work towards the true greater good of everyone. The Eldar have opened negotiations with us and want to discuss how to share the galaxy from now on. Our technology and knowledge of it is no longer clouded by propaganda and revisionism, and neither is our history. The various minor xeno races are still there and they remember what humanity has done to them. It seem while things are vastly better now, that we will have to maintain it all ourselves, Ensara gave us this opportunity and we must not squander it."
    "Indeed, there is hope now, but there is a lot of ways it can go wrong. If we don't make an effort ourselves, this world may backslide into old habits. We can only hope that we set a new example to follow and that future generations won't render this all in vain."
    "Indeed"
    They say, looking out on a brighter future, and a cleaner Terra, hoping that this world will now be a on a better course...but knowing deep in their hearts that there is always the shadow of the darkness before, when the light of progress and compassion was forgotten, and the haunting echoes the laughter of thirsting gods.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2024-04-18 at 08:18 PM.

22. - Top - End - #442

((Just for the record, Raziere, I'm still around, I just didn't post because I didn't want to double-post. Anyways, I had fun while it lasted, thanks for GMing things!))

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu