New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Jumpers vs. 40k IC1: Worst. Isekai. Ever.

Ensara:
    "Aow. Well, I AM actually good at stealth, its just that when you get as powerful as I am, you don't really need it. Stealth is generally a tool for when your facing a greater foe than yourself or a delicate situation you can't solve with force. Given that the situation down there is that there is only one Eldar life we need to worry about and 99.9% of all the other lives are war-happy berserkers who'd kill us as soon as look at us whether they be Ork or Khorne cultist, I don't see much point in subtlety- Though I guess the spirit stones would require a bit of a delicate touch to not get destroyed, so if you insist on running distraction and destruction, I can go around taking what spirit stones I can find. Guess I'll have to find some other day to cut loose."

Khorne: Send Omen
    Meanwhile on a Retaliator class Chaos ship...
    "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"
    Chaos Marine kills an underling for insubordination and sees the blood of the underling splatter on a window. The blood forms into a sitting horned figure much like Khorne, pointing at the Saber with its left hand the window forming an optical illusion of the 2D figure pointing directly at it, the Chaos Marine recognizing it as an Imperial ship.
    "Khorne has sent an omen! Some Imperial dogs are sniffing around."
    But why was there only one ship? It was probably rogue trader. No matter. The only good Imperial was a dead Imperial, and this might just be a ship that arrived early through the Warp- the rest of fleet might show up and give them intel on the battle due to variable warp travel times. The Chaos Marine will report the ship to his superiors. The Chaos ship will begin turning to engage, and heading towards the Saber, preparing to attack in a few minutes. More slaughter for Khorne, more battle to be had.

It mattered not where the blood flows after all.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #152
    Orc in the Playground

Chat With Eldar

"I can do stealth. Pretty good at it, in fact; I've spent twenty years trying not to be found for various reasons." He frowns a little at Ensara's words. "I don't think I want to know how you've solved most of your problems if you think force is always the best choice. Sometimes, sure, a civil war can be defeated by a show of might. Sometimes it can be ended with far less effort and disruption with a single well-placed dagger and a man who knows how to get in and out without being spotted."

"If you need someone stealthy, I've got plenty experience and skill in that area. Can't exactly turn invisible or create illusions, not without a potion at least. I've always tried to avoid relying on those, anyway, since I knew that one day I'd be somewhere without ice wraiths or chaurus to provide the ingredients." He could have tried breeding them, which in the case of the chaurus might have proved successful, but even with a decade under his belt Edward isn't sure if the ice wraiths even breed, let alone how he'd go about capturing enough to start a farm. "If you want to set up a distraction whilst I get the job done, I'd be more than happy to do that. I think I can find Kaerabryn, as well, even if she's hiding." His Darkvision combined with Allomantic tin to sharpen his mundane senses makes it hard to surprise or sneak up on Edward, which is a very useful skill for a sneak.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Ensara:
    He demeanor changes when you say that to her, becoming more....rambly, more thoughtful.
    "Best choice? No. Nonononono. Never said that. Best choice of anything is an entirely different conversation. To some extent, subjective based on priorities. I merely said stealth is a good option when force can't be applied, much experience in using stealth, I was just proposing what was fun, to me at least. If I was doing what was best.....things would be entirely different. But I don't want to be a person who does whats "best". Not at how powerful I am. I don't have the proper perspective for that, won't see the small picture, the picture that MATTERS even if no one thinks it does. Greatness is a hell of a drug, dangerous to get addicted to it. But nevermind me!"
    She suddenly changes tack and smiles
    "I'm sorry I let my enjoyment of battle overtake me, I'll simply go around stealing the spirit stones and leaver the retrieval of Kaerabryn to you guys and the distraction to Alex while fighting using only Gunhell to make sure I'm not going out of control."
    Rhiannon suddenly receives a telepathic call from the astropath
    "...There is a Chaos Ship heading our way. We have been spotted. Everyone get battle ready, I'm not waiting around for you four to get done planning, if need be I'll make sure this ship fights no matter how inexperienced the crew is."
    She will send a telepathic message to Astropath Xiao to begin astropathic ship to ship combat, and he will reach out with his power.

On the Chaos Ship, suddenly psychic flames burst out on places on the ship and crew spring up to try and to put them out.
    "They're already attacking! Accelerate towards them faster! Get within boarding distance so we may face them in glorious melee! BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"
    the Chaos Marine in command yells as the ships speeds up and gunners eager for action against Imperials being firing on the Sabre.

Ensara will say
    "Alex if you got that, I'll teleport down to the surface anyone want to come with, say now."
    She will teleport to the surface of the planet and anyone who wants to come with will, on the surface you hear the gunfire of battle off in the distance even now, and the entire surface is just....wasteland, wreckage of mostly ork technology here and there, if there is any Eldar tech or ruins around here its probably buried under ten thousand years of dirt, or got taken by orks and incorporated into their ramshackle tech somehow
    "Teleported us to one of the less populous areas of this war zone. But that probably means there is still like, random orks around. I'll leave finding the eldar girl to you, got to do my thing. Won't be as fun as going around killing the armies but....I'll find those spirit stones, worry not."
    She will fade into an invisible wind, contemplating how to have fun while doing this.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Colossus in the Playground

Alexandra cracks her fingers.

"Show time."

First, her eyes begin to glow emerald, with the same light beginning to trace an outline around her body as her hair stands up and dances in non-existant wind.

Then she vanishes from sight.

Chaos Ship

Within the ship, there's suddenly... Bagpipe music.

Not over the air. No. In the heads of everyone aboard the ship.

Along with a message. "You came to the wrong neighborhood."

Starheart appears on the bridge of the Chaos Ship, floating in the air and looking for all the world like a Greco-Roman Akira. She reaches out and telekinetically snaps the neck of a random crewman, ensuring that it's a bloodless death.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Orc in the Playground

Planet Side

Edward has chosen to accompany the away team, and is on the planet. He'd have ideally gotten changed first, into the suit of dragonscale armour he's got in his warehouse, but they didn't have time because they were about to be boarded. He's survived battles and war before he had it, anyway, so it's not needed... but he would have very much appreciated the thicker protection and opportunity to grab more gold jewellery. So now he's on the planet, he'll look around and nod, pulling out a small vial and downing the contents before activating the tin and his Darkvision. The tin increases the sensitivity of his senses; he can see further and in more detail, his hearing has been sharpened, his senses of smell and taste are sharper, and his skin is likewise more sensitive to touch and temperature. Darkvision doesn't extend as far as his usual sight- though the tin does mitigate that a little- and provide monochrome vision unhampered by light or dark, and people and their sight cones are highlighted even through obstacles, as are defence mechanisms, unattended weaponry and other items of interest. Hopefully that will include spirit stones.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Chaos Ship:
    "Wait....why is Sacris music playing in my hea-"
    the crewman's neck gets snapped and he falls to the ground, dead. Everyone turns to look at Starheart, revving up their chainswords with bloodlust in their eyes. If they ever had fear in their hearts, Khorne has taken it from them long ago. Now there is only hatred of psykers like the one they see before them, and fury at anyone who dares to face them in battle, all the things that make them more than a warrior, more than someone seeking their next fight, hammered out by a bloody smith, a dark demonic god forging weapons in the fires of slaughter and glory. They don't see a threat to their lives, only a psyker to murder in Khorne's name, to win his favor. They are far gone, farther than the cultists you saw back in the underhive, not even the thought of change or revolution motivates them anymore- only the slaughter, only the blood, only the fight. For ever, and ever.

So of course they yell their signature battle cry, crewmen and chaos marines both, you know the one, and charge at Starheart swinging their chainswords at you all at once. They would not care if they hit each other, after all.

Surface:
    You hear some people walking around and talking to each other:
    “This sucks I tell yeh. Them Khorne blokes to get to have their jollies off in a massive melee while we scrounge around searchin' for blue glowy stones all so we can like sell the pretty rocks to Slaaneshi addicts to get their rocks off.on top of that we got to find some stupid knife-eared tart to find some old stupid machine that probably doesn't work.”
    “Oi, quit yer whinin'. This here is technically the good job: We are safer from fightin' the actual war and getting killed by some Khorne Berzerker or hit by stray dakka from the orks. An' we're getting warpcoin outta of it.”
    “Mate, warpcoin changes value every second. Its pretty much useless for getting anythin'. Zhargeon is screwing us over. Thinks he is all high and mighty orderin' us about, playing at archaeologist just because he found something in one of Tzeentch's tomes that says there is some wish-granting Eldar console or something on this planet.”
    “Wot, you want to talk back to the sorcerer, mate? Get off it, we'll collect a few more stupid Eldar rocks and sneak back to camp safely and say we couldn't find her or something, there's other groups searching about for her. We already got a bunch in our bag, a few more and we'll make a profit.”
    Sounds like they're some kind of Chaos soldiers. Looks like Khorne cultists may not be the only ones on this planet.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Orc in the Playground

Surface

Edward turns to anyone who followed and puts a finger to his lips, motioning for them to be quiet. He'll use Blink to get closer to the cultists, sticking ideally to anywhere high- piles of scrap, wrecked vehicles, that sort of thing- and will try to count them. If the group's small and not keeping good watch- six or under, with no rear guard- he'll Blink behind the cultist at the back and muffle him as he breaks their neck, moving up the group for as long as he can without being detected.

If they're paying more attention and there's no easy way to take one out without being noticed, or there's more seven or more of them, he'll instead use Devouring Swarm focused on the centre of the group and use the confusion to start picking off the ones at the edge. If there's twelve or more of them, he'll have to try something else.

8. - Top - End - #158

Chaos Ship

Over the psychic connection she established in order to play her music, Alexandra starts projecting the emotion of pure calmness, trying to neutralize the Kornite's berserker rage.

Simultaneously, she tries to search the minds of all on the ship for any sign of prisoners or innocents, as well as holding up her hands. A crackle of lightning from each sounds as she generates an electromagnetic forcefield to shield herself from harm.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Chaos Ship:
    First of all, there are no Khornate Berserkers on this ship, or any navy ship. They do not have the patience to engage in naval combat. All the Khornate Berzerkers of this fleet are currently engaged in fighting the orks in melee with twin chain axes while yelling their usual warcries. This Chaos Marine is a follower of Khorne but not a World Eater and thus worships Khorne in a different way. Just for clarification.

They all calm down and stop.
    "....Why....why can't I feel the glorious rage of Khorne?" one wonders "Why can't I get lost in the strength, the rage, the courage?"
    "Why do I have a sobering realization..." that another says "....that everything is garbage? I don't want to think about how everything is garbage."
    "Things were simpler when we could feel the Rage. But I can't even feel sad over it. I'm calm about how complex and hopeless it all is. Why do I feel calm about that? It don't feel right..."
    "I'm just realizing that we're screwed but somehow, I'm calm about how screwed we are. I don't feel real strongly about how this little girl's going to kill us all. Weird. Is this what Nurgle followers feel like all the time, except happier? Lookin' at the face of certain inevitable doom but feeling fine because why worry about it? Huh."
    "Really? I'm just realizing how this feels like I how I used to be loyalist once, and just....calmly being a little cog spinning on the Imperium's machine, accepting that I was an insignificant part in something grander than myself to realize the Corpse-Emperor's vision and now that I think about it, serving under Khorne isn't much different than serving the Imperium, just with more rage and bravado and demon sacrifices. Like, stripped of all the fury, I'm still a cog just....a blood soaked one now. the Rage just...distracts me. Huh."
    He doesn't seem to have any idea of an existence outside of being a cog to greater powers however.

Meanwhile reading their minds well.....there USED to be prisoners. They were all sacrificed to summons demons like bloodletters and juggernauts and A Bloodthirster that are down there fighting the orks now. Chaos doesn't really take prisoners except to sacrifice people to demons and they've been fighting this battle for months.

Surface, Edward:
    Meanwhile the group is....four of them, and these guys are normal cultist soldiers, former imperial guard sure, but they're nothing to you. They all die one by one the last one doing a textbook making a joke then saying "Right guys? Guys?" as they don't get a reply to their last comment and gets their necked snapped like the rest. A bag of some soulstones are dropped on the ground. Given their lack of mining tools, it seems you can probably just go around the planet picking out soulstones off the ground.

Then a fifth soldier-cultist comes walking in carrying another soulstone saying
    "Hey guys I found another soulsto-" BANG!
    They suddenly fall dead from what sounds like a sniper rifle making their head explode bloodily and their corpse fall to the ground. Then you hear a voice, young female and holding some impetuousness or rebelliousness.
    "Mon-keigh! Who're you with!? If your with Chaos, I won't hesitate to snipe you like that cultist!"

Surface, Ensara:
    She is busy picking up soulstones with her own Orichalcum pack, a well made square golden container of golden wires weaved to look like a leather bag called The Ever-Expansive Container. The great thing about Orichalcum was that it could theoretically be used to do almost anything. There is a reason why its called "Wishmetal". The Ever-Expansive Container was for storing a large amount of things in a small bag. She flitted from place to place, taking soulstones from the ground, from little crevices where warp energies seemed to gather and pool and form like winds coalescing into ice somehow.
    She does this, as silent, swift and invisible as the wind. She sped past orks and demons, space marines and grots, fighting each other in a bloody melee. They didn't notice her. As one of the most powerful of the Exalted as a Nadir Caste, going unnoticed to people such as them in the middle of loud combat wasn't even a challenge. and that was just the capability she had gotten from ONE jump. Her anima ki abilities might actually be able to be more powerful than an Exalted in some areas, and her planeswalker abilities?

Well, She is an Oldwalker now. Those were beings that conjured things from nothing with a thought, drew upon the limitless power of mana from their own spark and changed the course of a multiverse with their deeds. With the right spell, she can just.....make armies die. In a way, she faces much the same problem as one caped news reporter from midwest america does:

What to do, when you find that your a god?

The answer that worked for him, can't work for her. Some people like to have fun after all. Not every good person handed the power of the cosmos can be an unfailing servant to a philosophical ideal of using such vast power towards its most optimal responsible form and enjoy a life of humility between that. Not like say, Alexandra. It takes a certain kind of person, Ensara thinks, to look at the godlike powers of Superman or Alex up there and see it only as a tool for what good can be done with it, pick it up, use it only for that and set it aside like its just another thing they do when they get up in the morning and go Be Just Another Person. Ensara knows she is not normal, not just another person because she can do and has experienced. To a degree she is fine with that, she likes it. What was the point after all, if your just going to act like you don't have them? She respects such paragons of morality to be sure, but she can't lie to herself and act like she is one herself. She is gather a bunch of soulstones, and boy is it getting boring. Thats the downside of competence: the part where you succeed too much to be exciting.

She intentionally makes herself visible to a Khornate Berserker, who sees her and yells
    "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"
    and charges at her. He comes charging at Ensara swinging his chain axe forward, and she steps aside, blue mana glowing in her palm. Suddenly the space marine rams the chainsaw blade...into a future version of themselves screaming, killing them instantly.
    “What...? Me!?” he says in surprise.
    “Yes you.” she says with a little smirk “Specifically, you from five seconds in the future. Four. Three. Two....One...”
    As she counts down the space marine begins screaming in terror as they realize what just happened then disappears five seconds into the past.
    She chuckles a little and becomes like the wind to resume picking up soulstones again. Its the little joys in the life that make it worth living. Like making an evil jerk kill their future self summoned from five seconds from now. Just long enough for them to realize the terror of it. She couldn't time travel "for real", but figuring out that little trick for chronomancy was so worth it.

10. - Top - End - #160

"Can any of you breathe in space?"

Alexandra can, thanks to the Power Cosmic.

Alexandra uses her control over electromagnetism and the various metallic elements to start disassembling the ship. She tries to do it quickly, but cleanly, breaking down every part into its components without damaging said components.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

Rhylain Surface- Edward

Edward stoops to pick up the soulstones, when the other cultist arrives and explodes. "My name is Edward Sinton. I'm here mostly for myself, and sent by Eldraad Ulthran. I believe I'm looking for you, Kaerabryn, as well as these things. Please don't shoot me, this is a clean shirt." And Edward's not sure if a headshot will actually kill him, whilst he knows a body shot won't. So long as he's got plenty of healing stored in gold anyway.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

Chaos Ship:
    The soldiers and chaos marines continue to be completely calm as they watch you disassemble the ship around them, answering the question as reasonably as they can.
    "Well, we're space marines our power armor provides us a limited supply of air so we can breathe and fight in a vacuum. The cultists here though, they don't have void suits on their person as they're not really useful if there is a hull breach in the middle of space anyways, as in the scenario that a ship can't function to get you back to a planet, your pretty much a dead man already so there is no point in putting it on except to drag out the inevitable." say one chaos marine
    "and all thats assuming we're still imperials, we're Chaos cultists, everything we have is disorganized and drenched in warp energy now, so whether we have the supplies to actually do a mission or not is pretty dependent on whether we can raid people for them, lacking traditional supply lines that the imperium's military relies on to function. Except Iron Warriors those guys freakishly organized and competent for people who worship the Dark Gods, and the Black Legion who have like, a bit of everything so all the former Iron Warriors in that tend to make our armies function better while muttering about how they're the only ones who can do anything right." says another chaos marine.
    "I forget, are tech priests capable of breathing in space? or hereteks for that matter?" Asks the first chaos marine
    "I don't think they can, but I wouldn't be surprised if a rare few could? All the older ones tend to hoard the good stuff." says the second
    "Also, why doesn't it bother us that we're seeing the soldiers literally asphyxiate before our eyes?"
    "We're calmed remember? The soldiers can't even feel strongly about their own deaths, and we can't feel strongly about witnessing their deaths. Those we don't really care, because we can't care. Without strong emotion, we don't really care about anything and are just passing the few moments of time we have left. Thus we don't do anything about the doom around us. The old adage about "apathy is death" has literally become true in our case. I'm betting we're intellectually analyzing anything we can in some effort at exerting meaning on our last moments of life, a subconscious form of trying to have control or rebellion of sorts since we can't care about anything, we observe and come up with whatever conclusions we can to stimulate our minds intellectually."
    "Indeed brother. Since the horror of the situation holds no meaning or feeling to us, we react with trying to disassemble and break down all the observations we can about it. Yet I don't see any of this as particularly fascinating either- I'm not interested in it, its just something we're doing while people die around us. Or perhaps it is a ploy to try and creep out the little girl making us not feel things by showing her what happens when you take the emotions out of humanity? I don't think it'll work, she seems pretty strong-willed. I guess we're just doing it to pass the time until we die to."
    "Yeah." They say while their magnetic feet engage to keep standing on the floor while their room opens to the void and the soldiers around them patiently and calmly do nothing about their fate as they run out of air, not particularly caring that its happening. One needs to feel some measure of fear to try and keep themselves alive after all, so I guess these Space Marines finally truly do Know No Fear. The two chaos marines look at the stars
    "The stars are very distant."
    "Yes. The void is also very black."
    "This is true."
    "The void is vast, and we are small."
    "These are also true."
    "I'd say something about the vastness of the galaxy and our place within it, but I have no particular strong feelings one way or another about our significance in the universe or the lack thereof."
    "Yeah, I don't either, and I don't particularly care that neither of us do."
    "The small girl doing this to us is small"
    "Noted. That battle is huge."
    "Remember when we used to care about it?"
    "Yes, I do. That is certainly information that exists in my head."
    "Yes, it exists in mine as well."
    Yeah all chaos marines on this currently being disassembled ship are just making calm observations with no feeling behind it as they wait for their life support to fail. Continue with this and they are basically already dead, they just haven't run out of air yet.

Alexandra receives a telepathic message from Astropath Xiao:
    <I sense what your doing. Your disassembling it so that our tech priests can study the parts. You might want to bless or purify the parts somehow, Chaos taint gets everywhere and that ship has been drenched in Chaos corruption. The Imperium has no means of getting rid of Chaos taint other than destroying everything. I don't need visions from the future to tell you that letting it the parts near people without cleaning them will would be a very bad mistake.>
    he has been training his telepathy to get longer and more understandable, inspired by seeing your power.

Ensara:
    Meanwhile, in between taking soulstones she come across an ork fighting Chaos by....firing sonic blasts from what looks like a crude electric guitar, screaming out a song:
    "'ERE WE GO! 'ERE WE GO! ERE WE GO THROUGH THE KOSMOS!
    ERE WE GO TO INFINITYYYYYYYY-"

Ensara casually punches the Ork aside and grabs the guitar, properly called a Rokker Shoota and begins strumming and practicing it herself, blasting few cultists as she does so with her tests, not even intentionally. She observes that also has an axe blade built into it.
    "Yes, this'll be a good weapon to help me learn Silver-Voiced Nightingale Style. Or at least, an electric guitar version of it. Its own sonic blasts will suffice until I learn how to do it myself."
    "OI! Hummie!"
    The ork gets up from the punch, an area on his chest thats clearly badly broken and damaged from where she hit- were this wound on a human, he'd be dead. But this ork was standing up and just angry, seeming toughing through it just fine.
    "Datz mine!"
    She easily dodges out of the way of his lunge at her, Ensara muttering
    "Oh right, Orkz are more durable than humans with like, redundant organs and such. Gotta punch a little harder for them."
    She tended to limit her punches to exact amounts of energy to needed kill someone as a matter of discipline and control. Since most worlds in the...whatever-verse? whatever you want to call the big conglomerations of realities they Jump through? are full of normal humans, she doesn't need to adjust this often. She fills her new Rok-Guitar with viridian flames and chop the ork in half, flames eating away at the two halves of the corpses they fall over. Then becomes an invisible wind once again, the rest of the orks and chaos seeing her disappear.

She notices what Alexandra is doing up above-her senses can tell such things- but she doesn't comment or do anything about it. She was a person with a perk to discard morality or immorality whenever she felt like it, so it'd be hypocritical of her to be on a high horse about anything. She did not care if Alexandra forbade talking about mind control to her but then turned around to calm people into just letting themselves die. She could guess at the reasons why, and Ensara was no paladin. If Alexandra wanted to fight without shedding blood or allowing rage to try and starve Khorne, that is her decision.

She continues trying to strum her Rok Guitar while weaving essence into it. Trying to learn Silver-voiced nightingale Style while searching for more soulstones was her own.

Kaerabryn:
    There is a teenage cry of
    "aaaaaaaugh"
    As she throws her cameoline cloak, revealing an Eldar with blue and purple hair in a ponytail. She wears Eldaari armor, and some sleek alien-looking sniper as she looks annoyed at you.
    "That meddling scared old man! I am handling myself fine! I am actually trying to save our race from extinction, takes some risks for more reward, but now he sends humans to be tools for him since he doesn't want any Eldar lives to be lost. Scared about even picking up the soulstones so we can like, boost our population even slightly. Sigh. Did he even tell you that there is something called the Forge of Vaul here? Y'know one of the greatest artifacts of our ancient empire, a device that can like, create anything from warp energy, and thus like maybe solve a lot of our problems if we got our hands on it? Something he for some reason doesn't want us to get? Did he mention any of that?"

13. - Top - End - #163

"...No, actually. In fact what I'm about to do probably counts as blaspheme as far as the Tech-Priests are concerned."

Once the ship is fully disassembled, she starts building, using both magnetism and psychokinesis. Parts she can use as is will be preserved. but anything else will be broken down and reassembled, down to the molecular level if that's what it takes, or just outright transmuted with power cosmic until she has what she needs.

While she primarily focuses n her natural abilities, Alexandra was trained in sorcery and the super-science of man's world.

Hal Stark, the Iron Lantern, is known for his repulsor tech, technology smaller and more efficient that drastically amplifies any energy put into it, to a degree that borders on violation of Thermodynamics, a property that works quite well with the Green Light from the battery he salvaged.

The same Green Light that is a component of Starheart's own green flame.

What she's done is use the Chaos Ship as raw materials to make a giant repulsor canon.

The next step, since the Astropath reminded her, is to trace her green flame across it to draw on countless arcane sigils and prepare a series of spells meant to siphon off the ambient chaos taint and convert it into more benign forms of energy before dispersing it.

And then... She stats charging it. Feeding her green flame into an access port.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-01-05 at 04:33 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Surface

Edward isn't surprised by Kaerabryn throwing off her cloak; he knew where she was as his Dark Vision bypasses obstacles like walls, and shows vague vision cones so he can see where people are looking. So long as she's in range and in front of him, he can tell where she is- and if they're talking, they should be within that limited radius of effect. "No, he didn't. Perhaps he didn't trust me with it. Perhaps he thinks it's safe where it is, and looking for it would lead the orks or the cultists to it and doom the galaxy. Perhaps he knows it's broken beyond repair and useless. More than it's already doomed, I mean. Do you know how to activate it and use it, if you found it?" Quite an important question, in Edward's mind.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Chaos Ship:
    Astropath Xiao responds
    <...Okay then.>
    Privately wondering if Alexandra really needs to construct some weird cannon to do the great amount of destruction he thinks she is about to do or if its just her preference, but he suspects the answer doesn't matter and he is about to get a demonstration anyways.

The space marines as you work look at this and say
    "She is building something big"
    "Indeed. I'm pretty sure its a cannon of some kind."
    "That is sure a thing that exists."
    The human chaos cultists are all dead of a lack of air by this point.

Kaerabryn:
    She loses steam a bit at these question
    "Welll I- ugh. Look."
    She begins to explain
    "The Forge of Vaul isn't some super-special secret weapon....not really, not by the standards of the ancient Eldari empire that we fell from. It was incredibly advanced and thus made machines to accomplished whatever desire, whatever dream the Aeldari of then wanted. The Forge of Vaul was a tool of personal convenience and luxury, much like say your human microwaves. It was designed to be very accessible and easy to use, and to last for a people that were at the time immortal and beyond death, who had been enjoying luxury and decadence for thousands of years. It said that in those days, that if we ever died, our souls would find themselves in the Warp and that we were able to resurrect ourselves from that state, and that we could create new bodies for our souls to inhabit from nothing. We could create more than just Wraithbone from but anything we wanted. It was a time of wonders. It'd be easy to activate it, touch the console think what you want and it would appear.

Your...right it might be broken. Or corrupted by chaos. Or malfunctioning. But there is Chaos Sorcerer who thinks it might be here to, Zhargeon the Archeognostic, which I've gathered from my scouting. He seems pretty convinced that its here. And our people will not survive unless we take some risks, and I've heard the plans some of the plan the Farseers discuss to try get a "victory" over Chaos. Talks of our entire race needing to sacrifice themselves to form a God of Death called Ynnead to fight....She Who Thirsts, including the ones in soulstones. How in Khaine's bloody hands is that supposed to be a victory if we're all dead!? What is this, some cruel joke on Cegorach's part!? How is my plan any more crazy than that? And why the forbid it, its not because it might be broken, its because of reasons like 'our races downfall is because of machines like that Kaerabryn, don't find the machines that will make us succumb to decadence again Kaerabryn, go live this boring dull life of studying these books on a single narrow topic for 100 years Kaerabryn, fun is not allowed, fun is how you get Dark Eldar Kaerabryn, so don't have any.' We hide and we run and we restrict ourselves to this existence full of rigid rules and paths and yet we still lose by inches and then we come up with that stupid Ynnead plan!"
    She takes her head.
    "I just....want to do something about this. Something that matters. That changes things for the better for once."

Ensara:
    She keeps sneaking and running along, wondering what next to do. What else could she do to amuse herself? She extends her senses and finds something....interesting. All of the Chaos forces were a mix of red, black and blue mana. The same three colors of mana she was well-versed in an attuned to. Red of course was more predominant among Khorne cultists, but the mana of Chaos itself seem to be a mix of red, black and blue. She grins. Furthermore, there were demons among the chaos forces. Psychic daemons formed from the certain thoughts and whatnot, but demons nonetheless and she had a particular perk for dealing with demons. She takes out a coin, a single imperial Throne and telepathically calls out to all the demons on the battlefield:
    <Attention all daemons on this battlefield, if you don't guess the following coin flip correctly you agree to be bound to obey me in all things for a year and day!>
    Instantly all the daemons who hear this sense a dark force is at work as she flips the coin with her thumb a coin they cannot see, something supernatural is going on here and if they don't guess correctly they truly will be bound and daemons always obey the contracts they are bound into, no matter how unfair. So about half of them yell out
    "HEADS!" and the other half "TAILS!" in equal amounts, having a 50/50 shot at guessing correctly they thought.

But the coin tumbles....and lands on its edge. Completely upright. The realize they all feel a sudden compulsion to obey her with growing fear.
    "Heheheheheh. Fools. Why would allow the coin to be either?"
    "Wait a minute!" says a nearby red demon "I guessed edge, why I am bound!?"
    She reveals a message sewn onto the inside of her naval coat: "ANY DEMON WHO TAKES A STEP TOWARDS THIS COAT AGREES TO BE BOUND TO OBEY ME FOR A YEAR AND A DAY."
    "Thats....thats not fair!!"
    "Lack of fairness is entirely the point and is in the fact, a feature. I have a Jumper perk called Lying With Demons allowing me to bind demons to my service using blatantly unfair deals. Mainly to bind demons weaker than me like you, though its handy in other situations."

<Now Daemons: Go gather more soulstones for me, uncorrupted and kill anyone who tries to stop you aside from Alexandra, Edward and Kaerabryn, those are my allies. don't worry about who those are, the magic will stop you from disobeying regardless.>

The demons instantly begin turning upon the Chaos cultists and marines killing them to take any soulstones they find and breaking rank to do so, causing more mayhem across the battlefield as the Chaos forces begin fighting each other and the orks still united, keep on attacking them, the orks beginning to advance on at least one front in this war.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Orc in the Playground

Khaerabrynn & Edward

"Then it seems regardless of what Eldraad might think, finding it and securing it is quite important. Maybe killing this Archeognostic, too. Do you know where he or it is from here? I've not been on this planet long, I can't say I know my way around yet." Edward looks around, to make sure there's nothing else he's missing whilst he's got Darkvision on and helpfully highlighting anything of interest nearby, before straightening up and stepping closer to the Aeldari Ranger.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Some Ork:
    Around the time, some ork who had gotten lost wandering through old Eldar ruins, comes across a console, oddly intact despite everything around it being well, ruined. Out of curiosity he touches it. A voice speaks
    "Greetings, this is a Forge of Vaul, what would you like created today?"
    "Wot?"
    The Forge adjusts its speech based on the orks thought patterns and explains
    "Diz here Forge make da tingz you want mate, anyfin' you wantz, oi can make from yer 'ead-thinkies."
    "Oh dat makez sense! Wot I want iz.....MOAR DAKKA!"
    It conjures a few automatic turrets that can fire orky dakka/bullets from them at anything they saw around him to defend him. The Forge of Vaul surmises this is some form of game being played, after all the Eldar loved to play games with toys like this, and its not as if any of this was dangerous to anyone. If someone got shot, they'd just get brought back to life from the Immaterium after all.
    "Is there anything else you wa-"
    "MOAAARR DAKKA!"
    The Forge of Vaul conjures more automatic orky turrets around the ruins farther out, one of them shoots a random chaos cultist passing by.
    "Is there anything else you wa-"
    "MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR RRR DAKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!"
    The Forge of Vaul searches farther afield and conjures a bunch of automatic turrets to fire upon the chaos forces on one of the fronts of the battle.

Kaerabryn:
    "I know the general area of where it should be, I've just been shooting anyone who gets close to make sure no one finds it while also going on regular soulstone search outings while getting closer to finding it myself, which is still a priority- the Forge of Vaul can make biological bodies, but it can't make souls. The old empire was more concerned about pulling the souls that already existed back to life."
    She begins leading you to the ruins to find....strange crude automatic turrets with orky decorations on them, automatically shooting any life form that goes near the entrance. The ruins themselves once seemed graceful, flowing and artistic full of spires, cones, no hard edges or straight lines in their construction. But now they just seem broken.
    "What? Oh dammit, I missed an ork. Those turrets weren't there before. This is bad. The forge will just keep creating more turrets if we don't get past them and stop this, Orkz love nothing more than shooting things with bullets forever. Let this go on long enough and....well I don't want to see what the planet looks like when its filled with nothing but guns firing bullets at other guns with endless ammunition. Its just going to keep drawing more energy from the warp to power the conjuring of the turrets, like a psyker overusing their power and the more you do that..."
    Another turret gets conjured but this time and additional thing happens: the turret and a bunch of rocks around it suddenly rises into the entire about ten meters, gravity briefly ceasing, then they all fall back to earth. Another conjured turret randomly brings a bunch of screaming psychic ghosts howling in pain, the apparitions flying about before fading away, and a third turret conjured just makes a minor daemon appear, a pink Horror: a small pink mass of tentacles, limbs and big mouth babbling and squealing as it comes into the material world., casting warp fire on another turret to destroy it.
    "The more Daemons appear, and the more reality begins to tear and crumble."
    No matter how advanced the technology is, it can't escape the basic laws upon which it runs.

Zhargeon:
    Zhargeon, Thousand Sons Sorcerer, a disciple of Tzeentch, has fought the Imperium longer than most humans have been alive. He has come to this planet due to a secret from Tzeentch he has gotten from the Warp, that something called the Forge of Vaul is here, something from the past. He believes that truth can be found in the ancient past and its technology. Thus his title of the Archeognostic. While not on the level of say, Magnus or Ahriman, he was more powerful than most psykers of this galaxy.

And he was confused as to what was even happening.

"The Daemons are fighting against us! This may be good offerings to Khorne, but I was hoping to win this battle!" says the Khornate general, a chaos marine, one of the few who kept their tactical and strategical wits amongst the berserkers and trigger happy psychopaths willing to murder anyone at the drop of a hat that is Khorne's armies.
    "Why have our daemons turned against us!?"
    Zhargeon bellows, the Khornate general bellows back
    "I have no idea! Your the sorcerer, you did this to them, didn't you! I knew we shouldn't haved trusted in sorcery!"
    He draws his sword only for Zhargeon to blast him with warpflame, reducing the general to mutated ashes.
    "Hrgh. I need to accelerate this if the daemons have decided to make their own entertainment...or if Khorne has decided he wants bloodshed more than victory in this battle.....then I need to figure out some alternate faster way to find the Forge of Vaul. But how?"
    A soldier comes running into the tent.
    "General! general- oh he is dead, who is in command now?"
    "I am." Zhargeon says
    "....Okay." the soldier says, thinking it wise to not killed by the powerful sorcerer. "Something strange is happening. Our eastern forces just saw a bunch of what seems to be automatic turrets appear amid the ork forces, doubling their firepower out of nowhere."
    "Oh really?"
    This sound exactly like what he was looking for, all he had to do was follow the psychic energy such conjuring left in its wake.

Ensara:
    Meanwhile where she was walking, the skies began to rain blood. Not because of any actual event mind you- no, Ensara recognized this was a psychic reality-warping field. Looking around she saw rocks begin to bleed red from cracks as if from wounds. From what she could sense a big Daemon was coming towards her, probably angry that the rest of its....minions were no longer obeying him or his god, coming for her. One powerful enough to kill armies, destroy nations and shake worlds. A Bloodthirster.

She was not worried. She has faced such beings before. She accepts a bag of soulstones that a minor daemons gives her and puts it in her Ever-Expansive Container, and they scurry away not wanting to be here when the Bloodthirster arrives. She also sensed what was happening elsewhere, with the Forge of Vaul. It was concerning, but so was the Bloodthirster. If she didn't deal with it, who knows how the daemon could use it? That and she could use an actual fight, a challenge. Hopefully the Bloodthirster was a challenge. She didn't know how powerful she really was after gaining an old planeswalker spark- such power was supposed to be infinite mana, the power to create planes and make thoughts into reality and whatnot. Yet such planes were often only one planet large. She didn't know how her power translated to a more traditional cosmology like this. It would be interesting to find out.

But before that can happen, a small blue Raven appears, perched on a rock, speaking to her
    "(Hello/Greetings/Salutations/Goodbye/Hey There)"
    says the raven not as a bunch of words but as a single utterance conveying all the ideas expressed at the same time in one paradoxical communication
    "(We/Us/Everyone) have met (Finally/Again/For the Last time), Ensara."
    "....This is the first time we have met. Let me guess....your Tzeentch."
    "This is also (True/False), and so is that (too/as well)."
    She doesn't bother attacking, she could tell this was an avatar, a form of remote communication. She might as well attack a cell phone while she was at it.
    "Why are you talking to me? I have things to do. Bloodthirster to kill, plans to foil, that sort of thing."
    "Oh no no no. (I/We) am not (here/there) to be your enemy. I'm here to make you an (offer/deal/negotiation/agreement), that you might find quite (beneficial/lucrative/profitable)."
    "Ha! YOU are making a deal with ME!? Already? I though it'd take some beating you up and more trickery on my parts, whats your game?"
    If Tzeentch knew anytihng about her it was her perk that could make any deals with demons work in her favor, even more powerful ones- she couldn't screw over Tzeentch like the she could a normal demon, but she could certainly have enough wiggle room to squirrel herself out of any devastating costs she would have to pay. If Tzeentch wanted her soul, he'd never really get it. So what was he really after?
    "Look, Ensara. I'm going to level with you. This universe SUCKS. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. The Imperium's still standing for now, but its slowly decaying, slowly dying, stagnating, rotting and so on and so forth. I may be powerful now, but the more this continues on, the more things decay, the more my enemy, Nurgle, is going to grow in power. I'm the God of Hope and Change, Progress, Ambition and Planning- what use is that kind of god, in a galaxy where all hope is dying? Where everything is only staying the same or getting worse and worse? Whats the use of conquering this world, if its all going to slip away from my grasp eventually? No. I want.....to escape. And in a Jumper like you, I see the way out. I look into the cast-off thoughts from your and others minds and see the possibilities, see all the worlds filled with more hope, progress and change than I've seen in a long time. Worlds more fitting for me than this....dreg of a galaxy."
    "Ha! And what could YOU possibly have to offer me that could make me go along with this? If this universe sucks so much, what is here that I could possibly want, much something you can give?"
    "The ability to learn Sidereal Martial Arts without a teacher."
    "What!? Liar." she says "Sidereal Martial Arts are something only Sidereals can teach to me, and the last one that was willing to do so is about 26 years dead by now. Your not even from the same universe, how could possibly grant me such enlightenment?"
    "Not....normally no. But your patron decided to make things....interesting by giving me the ability to give perks from other universes to Jumpers, other jumps if you make a deal with me. I can't grant anything to myself of course. I know what perk you DIDN'T take: The Jumper Hero Style perk. I can simply grant you that perk but put you either into CP debt which will apply 600cp worth of drawbacks to your jumps until its paid off or just minus 600cp from your next jump, you can take this without helping me- but, I can of course, call off the debt if you help me. Really reasonable no?"
    Ensara frowned. 600cp worth of drawbacks often resulted in some of the worst drawbacks being brought down upon you, like all your abilities not from this jump being locked out or your memories being suppressed or constantly beset by some of the worst enemies of a world. If the debt applied to this jump, it would screw her over immediately if she didn't agree to help him. She couldn't risk her memories or abilities being locked away- her individuality was all important to her.
    "Sorry, no not taking the deal, I have all the time in the world to figure out some other way to learn Sidereal Martial Arts like take another Exalted Jump, I'm certain there are others that can get me what I want, nice try."
    She begins walking away when Tzeentch says
    "Well then I have another deal for you: I can help you resurrect your Sidereal mentor, Shanari from the dead."
    She stops. An old love, unbreakable and eternal makes her turn around.
    "What." she growls out
    "Ah its simple, your love for her creates a reflection of it in the Warp, and I see it-a love bound by Black Claw style. Your a master of that style aren't you? The style that can't be learned without falling in love with the one who teaches it. A cursed style, for the love that student has for their teacher can never be broken. Diminished, but never broken. I can help you get her back, the one who taught you what you know, who showed how to appreciate beauty of the martial arts you wield."
    "...Creation has a rule, no one can be brought back from the dead. Its not a world that likes backsies."
    "Who said Creation's magic will be used to bring her back? There are no such rules in the Warp. Help me escape this rotten galaxy and I will make sure she will be brought back to life, Sidereal Exaltation and all. You'll get her back, be able to speak with her again, her companionship, her wisdom, her help and be able to learn Sidereal Martial Arts, the pinnacle of martial arts again. Its not as if you liked the Maiden of Endings anyways, screw that goddess am I right?"
    Ensara honestly considers it. She did want to see her again, even after all these years. She did want to learn from her, have her as a companion on her travels through the omniverse. There was a part of that really wanted that again. That would do anything to get her back. But her reason stays her emotions. Tzeentch was a powerful psychic godlike entity capable of corrupting, morphing and manipulating entire worlds. In a way, a place like Warhammer 40,000 was a prison keeping him locked away from preying upon the rest of the reality. She would be a fool to unleash him, and there is no telling how he might twist the deal in his favor.
    "Oh! But there is no need to give an immediate answer. Your busy, I can tell! And I can wait. I ask you simply to consider my offers and give me an answer back when its convenient for you. No matter how much you oppose me, my offer is always open. (Ta-ta for now/Cya/Aloha/Sayonara/Ciao!)"
    The blue raven disappears and Ensara turns to go face the Bloodthirster.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-01-10 at 07:31 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Orc in the Playground

Kaerabryn

"So find the ork, find the machine, shut it down and defend it from basically everyone until we can get it out of here. I've got friends in orbit; I'll let them know where we are so they can hopefully pick us up and make things easier for us to defend until then, hopefully." Edward turns and looks to the sky, before Shouting at the top of his lungs. Strun bah qo! Imbuing his Voice with the power of his draconic soul, the area should soon be covered with a raging storm. Hopefully it won't strike Kaerabryn, but unfortunately Edward can't make promises with this power. It should be visible from orbit, too, which is handy as Edward doesn't know where he is in relation to the ships above his head; a storm suddenly appearing should probably give away his presence to his allies. Also his enemies.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Battle of Rhylain:
    Like waves across water, the consequences of Edward's shout ripple outwards....

Zhargeon turns to his chaos forces and orders them to follow him. Whoever conjured this storm was powerful and he needed every disposable soldier he had, knowing that enough numbers would overwhelm even something like this.

The ork warboss of this planet shouts
    "OI! GO TO DA STORM, BOYZ! DAT DEREZ WEIRDBOY STUFF, WE'Z GETTIN' A GOOD FOIGHT DERE!"
    They cheer and go charging towards it.

The Forge of Vaul and the ork don't see either of developments as concerning. The Forge was a not a tool for war and could not recognize friend from foe, merely seeing them as more players in whatever game this was, and thus continue producing more automatic turrets and causing more random psychic phenomena to happen and letting demons out. The demon forces and turrets clash with the oncoming forces- this is now technically a four way conflict not counting you, Kaerabryn and Edward can see the two army forces extending into the horizon battling each other, the turrets and whatever new random demons are popping in, as well as the lightning strikes from the storm just striking people all over the places, and they strike a LOT, lots of people are dying right now on all sides, but quantity is its own quality. Even the mayhem that is happening now is only thinning the herd of both of these massive armies rather than stopping them. Its certainly slowing them down, but sooner or later both forces are going to trickle in through the death around them. Kaerabryn says
    ".....My plan was to go stealthy, and I don't know why you did that, considering we're now in an active warzone but hopefully you know what your doing."
    She will throw her cameoline cloak over herself, shoot an auto-turret to pieces with a single sniper round and go sneaking towards the ruins.

The Chaos admiral of the fleet is informed by their psykers that if the constantly increasing psychic energy they're reading continues like this, it will become a daemon world. the chaos admiral sees no problem with this and thinks victory is assured, for any planet becoming a daemon world was a victory for Chaos.

The Sabre:
    Meanwhile Rhiannon looks at the storm and says
    "This is bad, and I can see the high amounts of psychic energy being expended, the random phenomena being produced, its increasing more and more, and if this keeps up, it'll become a Daemon World. If I were still an Inquisitor, I'd be declaring Exterminatus by now. None of this trouble is worth saving a single life. And why make the storm to signal anyone at all? Don't they know that we have voxes to radio us in even orb- wait."
    Rhiannon realizes something.
    "....Did we forget to give them vox casters? By the Emperor, we're completely incompetent. This entire mess is because we forgot give these.....extradimensional people a device that every Imperial Guard regiment has in their possession and is a normal part of military operation. Why did we forget that?"
    "Observation: To be fair...." says Iota-Phi "At least half of them seem to be telepathic and don't need it. Guess one of them does."
    "Ugh, there is so much we don't know about their capabilities..." Rhiannon says groaning.
    "Astropath! Send a message to Edward informing him of this, the rest of you, help me figure out what we should do about this situation."

Edward will shortly receive a telepathic message:
    We apologize but we have just realized that we didn't give you Jumpers vox-casters so you can communicate without doing what you just did. In the future we will correct this.

Ensara:
    She meets the Bloodthirster as the blood rain around him falls, the gigantic balrog-looking Daemon looking down upon her and snorting
    "Hmph. This is what my daemons have been subverted by? Some little mortal without even armor upon-"
    It looks at her in the witch sight and stops
    "....No. Your more powerful than you seem. something closer to a Primarch than a human. Or no.....more like a Demon Prince?"
    It must be remarked that a Bloodthirster while very powerful, is also a genius tactician and capable of leading demons in war to the best of its abilities, representing war on a higher level than just its base violence.
    "Demon Prince is close enough for you. Now I could just use force to get rid of you, but where's the fun in that when I could maybe-
    He suddenly turns his head towards the storm.
    "No. This matters not! If I can simply get to the Forge of Vaul and I corrupt it with my power, that will be a victory for Khorne!"
    He suddenly starts heading towards it. Ensara cast her senses out and figures out what happened. This complicated things a bit, but she still couldn't let the Bloodthirster get to it. All it meant is that instead of taking her time and winning with style as she usually liked to do....she'd have to get a little serious and pull out some REAL power. She falls into a stance and says
    "Oh no you don't. BLACK SKY-TWISTING DEVIL BODY!"
    Her skin blackens into obsidian, she begins to grow giant as her form becomes a muscular onyx oni of amazonian build, big black twisted horns sprouting from her forehead, a fang-like grin playing her face as her blood red hair becomes wilder than usual, her usually green eyes now shine with the fire of the Green Sun, her usual clothes replaced by white baggy pants, and tigerskin top and sash tied around her waist, her feet barefoot, but more than that is that her anima flares, an empty green circle with a gap at the bottom joined together by two small discs blazing on her forehead and what looks like a black hole opening behind her, twisting the sky nearby to swirl and spiral inwards toward her, green flame dancing along the black hole's edges. The reality warping zone of the bloodthirster and it blood rain is suddenly replaced with a different one, where the ground twists like taffy where she steps, rocks rise as gravity is warped by her very presence, scattered blades that can hold a reflection breaks as they try to behold the incomprehensible density of her being, and the land around her trembles at her arrival. The Bloodthirster stops, feeling the sudden crushing pressure of her mere presence and turns around to look upon her again in confusion, maybe even fear, who knows with daemons?
    ".....What are you?"
    Right now? A Nadir Caste transforming into one of her many devil bodies using Essence, this particular one emulating or being based on Isidiros, the Black Boar That Twists the Skies, a yozi known for being near unstoppable, never truly giving up and being highly similar to a black hole in how he exists and functions. Her answer, given with a cheeky smile however is:
    "What Demons Fear."
    Then like a charging boar she tackles into the Bloodthirster with unstoppable force, warping the ground and sky as she passes and leaving behind bizarre rock formations and floating stones as she does so, the impact makes waves ripple outwards in the air as The Bloodthirster crashes into the ground from the force of her charge then gets back up, wincing in pain.
    What...why did my incorporeality not...? No! DIE!"
    He charges back with his Axe of Khorne, swinging wildly towards Ensara in rage...

20. - Top - End - #170

By now, Alexabra's arc canon should be fully charged

She aims it to take out as many Ork and/or Chaos ships as possible per blast without hitting the planet.

The blasts are timed to pulse to the opening melody of Also Sprach Zarathustra.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Battle of Rhylain

"I was hoping the storm would provide cover. I wasn't expecting either side to be crazy enough to go to war in this weather. This is my bad." Edward's not sure how his more blatant abilities interact with the Warp, so he's going to try and avoid using either the blessings of the Outsider or his Voice so long as he can. His Allomantic tin and the Feruchemic gold granted by the spike in his heart are powers he's been using far longer than the latter, and are almost second-nature by this point- and besides, he knows where the power for both comes from, or thinks he does, so feels comfortable that they won't interact with the raging Warp storm.

For now, he's headed to the centre with Khearabrynn, shooting turrets with whale-powered bullets and tossing clockwork grenades at others. If they forge a path, he'll leave springrazors behind him, leaving the razorwire coils anywhere he thinks people following will walk. He's also going to try thinking back, hoping that the astropath can hear him. It's fine, I didn't have as much time to prepare as I'd have liked. Good to know about the radios, though. I'll pick one up first chance I get.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Battle in Space:
    The two fleets start getting ships destroyed as green beams blow them up. Sadly none of the people being blown up are cultured enough to get the pattern of the beam blasts to realize the classical musical reference your making. What an ignorant age they live in. However it does get their attention and their fleets start turning themselves around to face you, commanders bellowing orders to their lumbering hulks of ships to see what is attacking them. The faster, smaller ships with open fire in return but at this distance, even the lasers take a little time to travel across the distance to you and the Sabre- one cannot understate the vastness of space, and even plasma isn't exactly the speed of light, just relatively close to it, "close" being one third of it. If orks are still firing dakka in space, the bullets are flying at twice the speed of sound plus however much isn't held back air resistance, making it slow compared the lasers at least. The missiles being visible to the naked eye will of course, take longer.

However you are not the only combatant, Astropath Xiao is already reaching out with his own telekinesis and redirecting missiles to hit their own ships or other nearby ships instead of their own, while the Sabre fires with its big single macro-cannon to blow up one of the ork ships with a single shot.

Battle of Rhylain:
    No one ever said the armies of this universe are sane. The lightning of the storm seems to kill the daemons like they kill anyone else, and they disperse back into the Warp. They even go down to bullets from the turrets if they take enough hits. The problem that Kaerabryn informs of as you make a trail and set traps, is that most of the time daemons don't stay dead, that it takes special weapons to kill a daemon permanently, such as something blessed, holy or using a lot of psychic power to do so, all of which are rare in this galaxy. However types of daemons all very much look like each other so its not as if anyone can tell whether they come back or whether a new one has popped in anyways. Point was, they needed a daemon solution.

Ensara:
    She grabs the axe's handle and it warps and twists in her giant unrelenting grip, from both her strength and the warping space, when she tears it out of the bloodthirster's grip it is a warped unusable mess, then it drew its fiery whip to try and lash her, but she catches the whip and pulls the Bloodthirster in to hit with a punch of unstoppable might right in his gut sending out waves of force from her hit through the air, stunning him. She pulls back her fist to to then hit him with another impactful punch his face, breaking off some of its fangs. Then she grabs the bloodthirster, lifts and throws it onto some wreckage of the battlefield, cause the earth to shake as it crashes into the destroyed vehicles and weaponry. The Bloodthirster gets back, snarling, charging forward and throwing a flurry of punches as Ensara, only for her to stand there, arms crossed as she takes the punches without pain, her invulnerable ebony skin absorbing the blows like an immovable mountain, her eyebrow raised as the Bloodthirster roars in fury trying to break through her defense to no avail. It raises a fist to punch her again and she catches it and the bloodthirster feels the crushing force of singularity around his hand, gasping in pain as her fingers closed in around its claws.
    "You....are not so different from us. From Chaos. You are demonic, battle-thirsty, excessive, perfectionistic, ambitious- yet compassionate. You would make....a great follower of Chaos Undivided. Do you not see-AGH!"
    Ensara breaks its wrist in her grip.
    "I see two great powers enslaving people to their will. I see an empire too caught up in its zealotry and dogma to ever change grown stagnant and corrupt. I see a bunch of cults willing to worship parasites, be their pawns in exchange for fleeting pleasures. And you, are nothing but another loyal construct of a greater master, another thug made to kill, just on a larger scale than most. Your not even the most competent temptation offer I've gotten today, and I don't have time to play with you."
    Her hand then burns with viridian fire as she grabs the bloodthirster's head and rips it off with a roar of strength, the green flames burning the rest of the daemon out of existence. She then mentally contacts Edward:
    <Hey, sorry I was busy dealing with a big demon. Anything specific you want me to do, or should I just help get rid of the armies around you to take the heat off you? You and Kaera are there so I won't be able to use the form I'm currently in, its very destructive and I don't want you two to be caught in its high-gravity zone.>
    She will begin walking towards the storm, her titanic footfalls crushing any hapless stragglers underneath, while others find themselves falling to the ground from the sheer space-warping pressure she emits, unable to even stand or lift themselves. She doesn't even seem to notice either of these things happening while does so.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Battle of Rhylain

Edward's going to keep heading towards the machine, sneaking where he can and using violence where he can't. Due to the warp instability building around the area, he's going to avoid using his supernatural abilities unless it's absolutely necessary, instead relying on twenty years of stealth in Dunwall and Skyrim and the Agility granted by the Outsider and the Quick on Your Feet perk.

When he gets contacted by Ensara, he'll think back. If you can quieten the warp storm thing, that'd be grand. I might be able to survive high-grav, though I'd prefer not to try, and don't think Kaerabrynn could. Getting rid of the armies would also be useful. I don't know what you can and can't do, so use your best judgement I guess. Edward hopes he doesn't regret saying that, but so far Ensara seems mostly nice if a little crazy and very controlled. So whatever she does, he thinks she'll do it deliberately which is handy.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

Battle of Rhylain:
    She thinks back
    <Hm. Okay, I got something for that. However I won't be able to contact you while I'm doing it, all psychic abilities are going to be suppressed within a few miles. If you have psychic powers don't use them, they won't be of any use, my perk to make exceptions with this ability only covers myself.>
    She shifts back to her regular human form, uses Sorcery to call a cloud to ride upon and flies there riding upon a Cirrus Skiff.

When she gets there she will float over the battlefield above it all at the eye of the storm. She will sit cross legged upon her cloud in a meditative position and focus her mind upon emptiness. One of the more curious and strange forces she found on Gaia, was a force known as Nemesis. behaving similar to ki yet in all opposed in its principles for while Ki was the life force of the world, Nemesis was seemingly opposed to existence itself, a nothing a coldness that actively denied magic of any kind. It is an enigma, even to the scholars of Gaia as not even the undead were truly associated with it and they were the ones who mere most attuned to it. For someone who loved magic as much as her, it seemed an odd thing to learn, she could've learn so much ki-based techniques or Gaian magic instead, but Nemesis was too interesting to pass up, too anomalous to not master. She doubted there was any other magic system quite like it in all the multiverse, for its only major practical use was to suppress and shutdown other types of magic.
    "Nemesis: Greater Matrices Cancellation."
    With that, sudden great spiritual chill rolled across the battlefield. All the psykers and Weirdboyz on both sides suddenly found themselves unable to use their powers and began clutching at themselves in fear as they felt the spiritual emptiness surround and immerse them. The daemons suddenly felt like they were surrounded by Blanks or Sisters of Silence, their powers not work and their forms weakening but they weren't banished- that required Binding Cancellation. Everyone else, while probably not affected as much still feel this spiritual chill emanating outwards from her, this strange emptiness all around you. But the psychic storm, does indeed stop, no random psychic phenomenon are happening and the demons have stopping showing up. Notably Kaera shivers, feeling it more than you and goes
    "What is this!? I can't access my....nevermind, lets keep going"

As Edward gets to the room with the Forge of Vaul, you find that its...no longer working. It was shut off by the Matrices Cancellation as well, and the Ork was looking at it annoyed
    "Oi! What happun? Wherez da dakka?"
    Then Zhargeon comes stomping in furious.
    "Wheres my psychic powers!? Why is the Forge not working!? I'm going to find whoever did this and kill them- after taking care of this you, stupid Ork!"
    He pulls out his bolt pistol and aims at the ork, firing a bolt, the rocket-propelled shell hitting the ork instantly and exploding its head. Without his psychic powers, he was "Just" a genetically enhanced space marine in power armor trained to kill everyone in his way but y'know, still a big downgrade from "Alpha level psyker of Tzeentch". What will you do?

Space Battle:
    Meanwhile Astropath Xiao will feel that spot of spiritual emptiness from far away. He broadcasts to Alexandra and Rhiannon:
    <What in the? That....makes no sense. Its like I'm feeling a Blank or something but on a scale I've never experienced before! The psychic storm has stopped! What...what did they do down there to make that happen? What kind of being can make that kind of Null field so large!? Not even the Sisters of Silence can do that! I can't feel Ensara or Edward anymore.>

25. - Top - End - #175

In Space, Alexandra continues blasting.

"Look, Ensara's an Exalt. They do this kind of thing. Unless and until she says she's in trouble assume that this is all her."

As the Ork and Chaos Chps begin to retaliate, the find their attacks blocked or even turned back on them with bursts of electromagnetism of psychokinesis.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #176
    Orc in the Playground

Battle of Rhylain

"I would wish you luck in that endeavour, but it won't help you and she's a friend of mine. And this thing's ours now, you can't have it." Edward smiles before Shouting "Tiid Klo Ul!" to slow time around him, using blink to teleport behind the Sorcerer and shooting twice, both bullets aimed at the back of Zhargeon's knees, hoping that's a weak spot, and really wishing he had Mehrune's Razor out. He has to reload the gun after each shot, and he's got no idea how effective these bullets might be against power armour. They don't work well against the Tallboy he's got in his warehouse, but he's never encountered anything like this armour before.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Zhargeon:
    "Wait, Wha-
    -TIME SLOWS DOWN-
    His words are drawn out and lower pitch now, unhearable now. The armor is....hm...unfortunately, Space Marine armor is thick, and even Imperial guard flak armor is meant to withstand normal bullets, and space marine armor is tougher than that made of things like adamantium, plasteel and ceramite. In a modern setting, this armor would be like walking around in something that gave you immunity to bullets. However, you see Kaera even when slowed down move at incredible speeds- Eldar biology made them much faster than humans- and you see her draw her power sword as if she is moving normally and seeing what your doing she cuts off the legs with the power sword herself, its energy field shearing right through the armor without issues and he begins falling in slow motion without legs, still speaking.

Space Battle:
    The find their missiles and lasers either blocked or reflected back on them, causing mayhem and destruction upon both fleets as ships that weren't firing upon you are damaged as well. Chaos nor Orks are particularly cohesive forces, and they take hits from the side, too many surely to be from just one errant imperial ship, they assume that their own have started open firing on each other and start returning fire on both their own fleets. The battle of what was once two sides is starting to devolve into every ship for themselves, the smarter chaos and orks see whats happening and start going into drop pods to try and escape the chaos of everyone firing at everyone else onto the planet below, but some of them get shot in space, some of them land on the wrong side of the conflict surrounded by the opposite force to get killed anyways, a couple lucky ones land on places on the planet where no one was around, and a few are unlucky enough to drop right into the storm.....

Ensara: Test out Gunhell techniques in full
    She stands back up on her cloud. She is still maintaining the Cancellation, she has the focus to do so even in the middle of a fight, but she also thinking of how to compensate for its downside: the fact that people won't be able to contact her while its up. She has to think of what other people need and how she can fulfill it without knowing what they'd say. Anticipate problems in advance. Already she was seeing the Orks starting to overpower the demons and Chaos cultists. Though both had some measure of psychic power at their disposal, Chaos was very reliant on the Warp in combat- while Orks were fine fighting with pure firepower, machines and muscle, loved doing so in fact. Furthermore the turrets made by the Forge of Vaul do not work, because they are out of ammo- it was literally conjuring the ammo from the warp as they fired. So she leaped down, landing upon the ground in front of the charging ork horde. If she didn't fight, these orks would begin overrunning the ruins and while she had no doubts about Edward's fighting prowess- one didn't Jump for 30 years and not be good at fighting- he was not the kind of Jumper she was, and he probably couldn't take on this many orks. Some Jumpers did it as a tour or to simply adventure, but she did to collect things- knowledge, techniques, treasures, companions..... Power. She knew she was the kind of Jumper that would not stop jumping until she reached the pinnacle. She was selfish like that, and she knew it. But with power, she had to help out. What good was it, if she didn't use it for something worthwhile after all? If she didn't fight, she'd be leaving people to die.

She grins. Which means she can have some fun now. Two purple pistols of ki form in her hands. The first technique of Gunhell was to create these so one need not worry about ammo, or having real guns.
    "Second Technique of Gunhell...."
    She intones
    "...Barrel Shot!"
    She fires off six shots, killing six orks with each shot- while they are orks, and tougher than humans, her ki was so great that it did not matter, hitting their skulls with such impact that they exploded.
    "Third Technique of Gunhell! Bounce Shot!"
    She began firing off shots at the orks, the ki-bullets richocheting off the orks scrap armor to kill other orks to bounce off the ground and rocks to pierce through multiple orks in lines diagonal, sideways and so on, killing even more orks, the bullets coming more and more as she points the pistols in various directions to reflect the bullets off of various surfaces, the paths being zig-zags of death and injury. But even this only killed one wave. The next wave came charging and brought their shootaz to begin firing dakka at her, the roaring of horizontal leaden read coming at her.
    "Fourth Technique of Gunhell! Bullet Time!"
    Her perception speeds up, seeing the dakka as it truly is: their bullets are normal but massive in comparison to human ones. It made little difference to Ensara, for in slow motion she dodged between the bullets speeding by her, swaying side to side and jumping and flipping around them in an elegant dance of dodging and evasion, as unhittable as the wind. Then she spies something coming that not just another ork: A Big Trakk, a big crude tank-like artillery vehicle pointing a cannon at her
    "Fifth Technique of Gunhell: Perfect Shot"
    She fires a bullet that hits it- and leaves a brand upon it. One bullet not enough, she fires more bullets and all they all home on in the brand like missiles, burning with malfean green flame as they pierce the metal- then explode to destroy the Big Trakk from the inside out. Next she spots a orkish plane flying through the air, firing down upon her. She points her pistol upwards
    "Agnitium: Absolute Eye, Sixth Technique of Gunhell: Sniper Shot"
    She fires a single shot and the bullet goes far, farther than most ki-bullets could, zooming all way the way up, using Agnitium to guide the bullet by projecting her senses through it to hit the ork right in the head, killing it and making the plane fall and crash into its own army in a fiery conflagration. Her sense returning to herself, She saw there were still a lot of orks to fight. Final technique then.
    "Last Technique of Gunhell: Storm Waltz!"
    She throws a bunch of coins in a cloud in to the air in a cloud then fires a single ki-bullet into it. With incredible precision, the bullet ricocheting into all the coins to make the coins fly into all the enemies like a golden deadly rain into the orks around her, killing tons of orks with her own kind of dakka back at them, the orkz never seeing coins used like this, and any surviving flash gitz being horrified that such shiny loot be used as dakka-but also intrigued at the possibilities. Yet even after this attack, there was still Orks. They weren't called the Green Tide for nothing.
    "Yes..." she muses as more come "This will be fun indeed."
    The shout "WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHH!!!!!!!!!"
    as they charge and she opens fire back, orks and chaos cultists drop down in pods, making little craters only to find some woman with two glowing purple pistols slaughtering an ork army with abandon, firing off shots everywhere. They have fallen out of the frying pan and into the fire.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Orc in the Playground

Battle of Rhylain- Forge of Vaul

His gun ineffective, Edward puts it away and blinks closer to hit the falling sorcerer-lord with his duelling cane, the magic he imbued it with whilst on Tamriel crackling into Zhurgeon's back. He needs to upgrade his gun... And now he knows he shouldn't leave the ship in battle without his dragon-hunting gear. It might be far cruder than what the others will be wearing, but as it stands it's the best he's got and should be effective regardless. And maybe he can get someone to upgrade it, too.

If the cane's electricity isn't effective, he'll pull out a sticky grenade from his bag of explosives and press it against the back of Zhurgeon's head before blinking away. He should probably do that anyway; the Shout doesn't last that long.

29. - Top - End - #179

With the battle falling to Chaos, Alexandra casts a spell to shrink her giant gun down to a manageable size and then teleports back to the ship.

"I think that problem will resolve itself from here."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

Battle of Rhylain:
    The lightning from the cane actually shocks him, you hear the a slowed down cry of pain as it course through him, the electricity being conducted by the metal armor into his enhanced body- when the time slow down wears off he finishes falling to the ground legless and screaming, clearly hurt from the elctricity but not killed
    "Y-y-y-y-ou insignifica-a-a-a-nt mort-t-t-al! You fried my ne-e-rves with that! Where did you even get an Electro-weapon like that!? Now I'm St-t-t-t-uttering! A-a-and I-I-I have to get cybernetic legs-s-s f-from the Dark Mec-c-c-hanius now, this is going t-t-to cost me so much-ch WarpCoin"
    Then the sticky bomb is stuck on him.
    "Oh. Well then fra-"
    BOOM!
    And his corpse falls to the ground in an undignified manner, his head blown off. Despite all the damage however, his space marine armor is surprisingly relatively intact. I mean, with its legs cut off and the head gone and those cracks its probably not going to be useful as armor any time soon, but one might be able to learn something from it if recovered... the body too, probably, these space marines are awfully large for humans, you might've heard Rhiannon mentioning how they're enhanced super-soldiers in various ways. Kaera says
    "Well....thats done, but I still hear the sounds of the Orks fighting outside....I'll go check whats going on."
    Kaera will go look outside where Ensara is.

Ensara: Continue Fighting
    Well, her Gunhell fun was done, so lets mix it up a little. She has no idea of course that Zhargeon is dead. She radiates four draconic arms of colored light from her body, two of which grab a flame piece out of Elsewhere- a flame piece is a basically a magical flamethrower pistol- and two others grab her stolen bolt pistol and plasma pistol and she begins unleashing a storm of viridian flame, ki bullets, plasma blasts and bolt bullets upon the Orks, her Essence creating new ammunition in the barrels for her so she can keep firing without reloading. Her flame pieces act as the short range weapons whose blossoms of flame burn every ork that gets close while the hails of bullets chew through more distant foes.

The warboss of this Orkish horde is seeing this single hummie slaughter ork after ork in a metaphorical- and sometimes literal- whirlwind of death, raining bullets upon them like droplets, he begins to see....a problem? Maybe? Orks love fighting see. they really love fighting. There is not a single race in all of the galaxy that loves it more, and in the entire omniverse there may only be a couple of alien races that love war and fighting as much as Orks do. As a result, they do not fear death- but there are a few people that the Orks do fear to fight: Horus Lupercal who is gone forever, Commander Farsight of the Tau, and the only normal human to get the distinction: Commissar Yarrick. Looking upon Ensara suddenly flare with a viridian anima banner-an aura of green flame dancing around her- and unleash a storm of bullets that burn orks from the inside out, burning all their spores and cells so they can regenerate or seed the ground for new orks to spawn, witness her fight an entire army single-handedly, the warboss, though not the brightest bulb in the world- few orks ever are- had the inkling that he might be looking at the fourth person in the galaxy that Orks should or will truly fear. The Chaos forces were in retreat at this point, but...this one hummie was stopping the orks in their tracks

His grots suddenly say
    "Waboss Da radioz, it says da fleet above iz destroying isself! Wat do we do!?"
    "Shaddup ya grot!"
    he smacks them for speaking up but thinks
    "Da fleet is foightin.....dis 'ere....red hummie....is doing a roight krumpin', Kaos is on da run.....hm..."
    There was no escapin' the planet fer now, the warboss knew. If the red hummie decided to pursue them, there was nothing he could do to stop her if she is killing them this much that and the casualties from the storm mounting as random lightning strikes took out an ork here and there....it wasn't looking good. After a moment of consideration, too long most would say for orks to think about anything, the warboss yells
    "ALRIGHT BOYZ! FOCUS ALL YER KRUMPIN' ON DA RED HUMMIE DERE! FIGHT WITH ALL YA GOT! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGH!!!"
    After all, Orks do not fear death. If escape was impossible, then the Orky thing to do was go out swingin', and who knows? enough Orks might overwhelm her, is the warboss's logic. Now even more orks charge at her. She sees the entire army focusing on her and with a stomp...
    "Demon Zone: Mirrored Leaves of Szoreny!"
    ..creates a zone emitting from her that morphs the ground to make big leaf-shaped mirrors appear across the battlefield growing out of the ground. She begins firing, ricocheting bullets and plasma off of the mirrors but thats not all they do. In the mirrors that aren't ricocheting bullets, there are ork reflections turn to look at their real counterparts- and firing back, their mirror bullets hitting them, or their mirror-choppas coming out of the mirror to cut them as they swing, the ork army now facing their own reflections through the mirrors as well as her. The warboss smashes the mirror near him, it cracks and his reflection became multiple and all of them shoot him back through the pieces to kill a bunch of Nobz around him. the Warboss decides to run to the Gargant that this army had, jumping in, kicking out the pilot to do it himself, stomping with its gigantic feat as his army dies around him, the big blocky patchwork orky mech surges towards Ensara, its thicker armor defending against her bullets.

Ensara looks up at this big mech, this last ditch effort to kill her, and she dismisses her six guns, letting the reflections kill the orks around her. She begins focusing her Essence, her ki into her single right fist, taking a wider stance, her eyes narrowing as she focuses on the oncoming Gargant, about to jump. She intones, calling out her attack to focus all her technique, skill and strength into this single punch as her right arm becomes a golden demonic one with veins of viridian glowing green.
    "Hakyoukuken Godhand: One Hand Fury!"
    She leaps, sending out a little shockwave as she does so, flying through the air, her first impacts the Gargant with unstoppable incredible force, smashing right through it like a boar charging through a wall, the single blow exploding the whole thing to pieces as it pierces right through it all, even the ork warboss inside. She lands on the other side of the now destroyed gargant, pieces of debris rain down upon the orks around her. Upon seeing their biggest ork get killed in one blow, the orks look upon her with new fear and begin running en masse, having no Boss to keep them focused, and their reflections still kill them even as they flee from the battle.

All of this, Kaerabryn sees as Ensara walks back from the battle and deactivates her Demon Zone with a grin.
    "Ah a yes, a proper army killing. Feels good. You Kaerabryn? Hi names Ensara, I'm with the people sent her to rescue you"
    She holds out her hand to shake, Kaera shakes it, in awe and not entirely sure what to make of her.
    "...Yes....how did you do all that?"
    "Heh. Unfortunately, not all of what I did is teachable. And the parts that are....well you'd need the base ability to wield the energies of a completely different universe to do so. Thats the unfortunate part of this Jumper business, unless you take a specific way to break the rules to make things work, reality ensues."
    "Uh ok....it seems the armies are both retreating and Zhargeon is dead....What do we do now?"
    "Well, I'd want to scavenge what technology I can, see how it works, see if I can make anything from them."
    She deactivates her cancellation field as well.
    "But we got to get you guys back to the ship as well so...."
    She will call up Aiyeku, one of her Second circle Souls to go around collecting and scavenging stuff and offer to teleport Edward and Kaerabryn back to the Sabre when they're ready with the Forge of Vaul.