New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Commodore's Caravan

Vos says nothing, but keeps his lips tightly together. He does not look like he is feeling well.

2. - Top - End - #92

Maeleg cast a worried eye on Vos, then turned back to Hkil and said, "You could be right. I suppose the only way to know for sure would be to ask them. Speaking of which, were any of the Westerners accompanying us on this voyage to introduce us to their homeland? We're certainly not the only delegation are we?"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGirl

Thierry laughs as he walks around the place, "Oh, who knows.... In the end probably not too different from what we're used to ... In the end people are people." He chuckles slightly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, wisdom is Thierry's dump stat. :-)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

A man walks in from an attached compartment, he is taller, and a tad bit darker than other people that you are used to, but currently, it is a nice shade of green. He frantically swivels around in search of something. He runs up to Thierry's back pack, and...um...Unloads his lunch. He sighs in relief, and says some thing in another language, that you cannot understand, but it sounds like some sort of thank you. Have fun with that Thierry!

5. - Top - End - #95

That was the last straw for Vos; he can't hold it down any longer. He grabs the bulkhead for support and pukes. There's something particularly pungent about half-orcish vomit.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

[This is still your DM, playing as Bob Purser, NPC]

Bob stops, and his face is twisted in a contorted laugh mixed with a face recoiling in disgust. But as you all know, The Light side always wins...at leas in our friend Bob. His face reverts to the laugh, and he begins rolling uncontrollably on the deck in frenzied laughter.

...No, my name is not really Zed...but i was thinking of changing my name to Zed, because that would be cool...
    Last edited by Zed "Mal" Sohn; 2007-12-16 at 03:17 PM.
    I am Commodore Fluffy's Pseudonym for when he forgets password

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Hkil

The dwarf's eyes widen in amazement and no little shock as he sees what happens in the elf's backpack.He blinks and his face goes a shade paler.

((should I roll if I need to barf? I'm guessing it's a fortitude thing...))

8. - Top - End - #98

"Oh for the love of-" Maeleg sighs. Casting Prestidigitation, he quickly disposes of both the mess in Thierry's backpack and the one around Vos' feet, and the smell. Taking a small cloth from his pouch, he successively 'dampens' it and 'chills' it, then offers it to Vos. Seeing Hkil's unnatural shade of green, he begins doing the same to another cloth.
    "Gentlemen, please. If the motion is a bit much for you, by all means lie down, or spend some time topside. Fresh air can do wonders for this condition, or so I'm told," he said politely.

Spoiler
    Show
    For the rest of the sea voyage, Maeleg is going to be memorizing three castings of Prestidigitation per day. He continues to cast Endure Elements every day, and maintains the Detect Magic, True Strike and Feather Fall in reserve.
    Last edited by Daryk; 2007-12-16 at 06:35 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99

RogueGirl

Thierry grumbles slightly as he closes up his backpack, after examining the now cleaned up thing. "Yes..." He frowns a little bit and nods towards, Maeleg, "Thanks." Theirry eyes the others and starts to move his pack to a place a little less accessible...

10. - Top - End - #100

"You're quite welcome, Thierry. Just trying to do my part. Do you need a cool cloth?" Maeleg asked, reaching for a third.

Spoiler
    Show
    And just to avoid similar problems in the future, Maeleg's pack (where he keeps his spell book and bowyer's tools) is on his person at all times.
    Last edited by Daryk; 2007-12-16 at 07:09 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Orc in the Playground

Bob is attempting to stop laughing hysterically, and eventually succeeds, and in an all to serous tone asks Thierry "So, have you changed your opinion?" his face twitches, he attempts to stifle a giggle, and breaks out into uncontrollable laughter, and begins rolling about the deck again

[I found my password]
    Last edited by CommodoreFluffy; 2007-12-16 at 08:36 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102

RogueGirl

"Yeah well I guess its too much to expect people not to be jerks." Thierry grumbles.

13. - Top - End - #103

"At the very least, now we know there are some Westerners aboard with us. Perhaps tomorrow, when Vos is feeling better, we can try to talk to them. Unfortunately, I haven't yet learned a spell that would allow us to overcome a language barrier."

Spoiler
    Show
    I didn't realize we'd need Comprehend Languages so soon, or I'd have found a way to buy a scroll and transcribe it into my book.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Bazral Strakeln

Baz had been stoically watching the proceedings since they had arrived at the ship and secured his team and wagon. He sait with a pony-keg next to him, from which he'd occasionally fill his silver mug. "Ah got yer yooniversal translator, laddie! Right here!" he lifts his mug, then throws his head back and drains it quickly.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Hkil

Hkil is feeling well enough to regain his composure and, in fact, his mood. He laughs loudly at Barzal's claim, adding True! With enough of these, he'll speak our language just as well as we speak his!

16. - Top - End - #106

"True, but I think they might find mistavan more to their liking. Ale is an acquired taste. Clear liquor tends to have more universal appeal," Maeleg added with a grin.

Spoiler
    Show
    I used a Tolkien dictionary site to translate Grey Goose. I never would have thought the French made vodka, much less good vodka, until I tried it. I figure it's a good analog for a strong Elvish liquor.
    Last edited by Daryk; 2007-12-17 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Spelling (Elvish)

17. - Top - End - #107

As the silence stretched uncomfortably, Maeleg's grin faded. Eventually, even Bob's laughter stilled, and the larger man got to his feet. Looking between the elf and the dwarves, he cocked an eyebrow, and asked, "What's all this, then?"

Maeleg shifted guiltily before saying quietly, "I think I may have offended our dwarven friends..."

Bob scoffed and said, "They don't look violent. Get over it, elf. Anyway, now that you all have met the most social Westerner aboard, maybe you'll get my drift. These people are different. The more we find out about them before we get there, the better. So get off your collective behinds and get to it!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I suppose that 8 Charisma is showing a bit...

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

You are the official substitute DM! i think that you guys should all put when you are tired of being on the ship, because otherwise you will be on it for a while.

P.S. how do you make a spoiler, it never seems to work.

19. - Top - End - #109

RogueGirl

"We'll have plenty of time." Thierry laughs for a bit, as he settles back down after hopping off of one of the secured wagons. "Anyways, I"ve never seen nothing that can't be settled over a little drink and game. I wonder what sorts of dice games these westerners play?"

Spoiler
    Show
    For spoilers just go {spoiler}And you place the text/rolls/etc you want to hide between these two.{/spoiler} Of course you actually need to use [ and ] brackets.

20. - Top - End - #110

Vos sighs with relief and lies down, arranging his cloak as a pillow. "Wake me when we reach land," he says. Within minutes he is snoring.

21. - Top - End - #111

Maeleg quietly excused himself and headed top side.

Spoiler
    Show
    I wasn't actually bidding for any kind of DM slot, just trying to move things along when they seemed to have stalled (ok, when *I* seemed to have stalled things). Anyway, I'll be offline starting tomorrow morning for about a week. I hope everyone has a happy holiday.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

Bazral Strakeln

Baz grins as the elf leaves. "Ah didn' mean ta 'urt 'is feelin's. Just enjoyin' tha brew, ya ken?" He stands and grabs the pony keg. "C'mon, Hkil. Lessee if the ferner likes good brew, hm?" the dwarf turns and heads topside, filling his tankard as he walks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry for delayed post. Lost the thread for a bit.
    Last edited by GimliFett; 2007-12-19 at 10:58 AM.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Orc in the Playground

Bob gives Vos a quizzical look
    and eventually says
    "We are going to a completely land, legend has it that their land is held up by a gigantic turtle with elephants for feet, of course this may be mere rumor, or myth, but the point is is we arent on the mainland anymore. What we know as the world is but a mere island pockmarked with lakes and seas. We are traveling to another world, it will not be within one naptime's worth of sailing away."

24. - Top - End - #114

Maeleg found a quiet spot on the railing and spent some time thinking as he gazed out to sea.

Spoiler
    Show
    The dealership failed to fix our vehicle on schedule, so our departure has been pushed a day (for those who may have seen me online today). I do not expect to have internet access at all for the next week, though.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Hkil

The dwarf looks sideways at Bob, blinking twice before speaking. Giant turtle what? Well, if I see an omelet from a turtle egg cover an entire village, and I have a bit of it, I may actually believe that. No earlier, though. I hope we won't be too long, though... I've got me some matters to attend to, and I rather doubt they'll come over. He says the last sentence with a wistful air.

Spoiler
    Show
    Now, if the Westerner city is called Ankh-Morpork, I call dibs on anything to do with dwarven rat cuisine.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-12-21 at 06:59 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

Vos sits up, unable to sleep but still feeling better. He heads topside and joins Maeleg. He breathes in the fresh air and looks all around.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - (1d20+1)[20]

27. - Top - End - #117
    Orc in the Playground

I am in NY, and will not be able to really respond, sorry!

28. - Top - End - #118

RogueGirl

Thierry takes the time to hide up his backpack and make it a little less of a barf bag. He chuckles as he half rolls up onto the deck, showing off slightly probably to the shigrin of the crew whom would have to dig his ass out of the ocean if he just tumbled over the railing.

29. - Top - End - #119

As Vos joined him at the rail, Maeleg broke off a small piece of hard tack and said, "Glad to see you're feeling better, Vos. Care for a crust of bread? Up here, it might help steady your stomach a bit."

30. - Top - End - #120

"Thank you... have you met any of the crew of this boat? I don't know how long the voyage will be, but I suppose I can minister to them as well as I can to people on dry land."