New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Commodore's Caravan

Bob paces back and forward, mumbling to himself as if it might do anything. and seems completely oblivious to what the others are doing.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Rakir suddenly broke the uncomfortable silence:
    "Boss, boss, BOSS!! Get him off me! Tell this idiot I'm not food!"
    The hysterical crow flapped to his master's side, closely followed by a desert hawk. Maeleg frowned, and used his continuing prestidigitation spell to conjure a ghostly disembodied hand to wave off the pursuing bird of prey, which pulled up short and perched on a nearby spar, screeching at Rakir. The crow cawed back coarsely for a few moments, then turned back to his master:
    "Worm for brains didn't believe me when I told him I worked for you. Says his master is some muckety-muck 'blooded' spell slinger. He also says if you're a 'real master of magic' you'll be able to talk to his boss. Not sure what he means by that, but there it is."
    For his part, Maeleg studied the hawk closely, noting the leather bindings on its feet, and its striking plumage. He frowned again, and looked thoughtful.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

Hkil

Hkil shrugs at the mention of sunsets, and manages a wry smile. I don't think he would have cared that much about what time it was, really. Might be because I'm thirsty, but I think I could manage a respectful toast right about now. Hey Bazral, how much would I owe ya for a round?

4. - Top - End - #154
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry I couldn't update, I had 3 day anapana sati meditation.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Bazral Strakeln

The dwarf turns a beaming face towards Hkil. "First roun' is free, afterw'ds it's 5 pence a mug," Baz offers, loudly enough to be heard by all.
    I have returned!! Not that most of y'all know whom I am.

Mega-Awesome Avatar done by Dawn!

The Many Faces of GimliFett.

6. - Top - End - #156

The commotion of sailors reacting to Bazral's offer broke through whatever Maeleg was thinking about, and it took a moment for him to register what it was the dwarf had said. Rakir was still staring back at the hawk, not willing to turn his back on the hungry bird of prey. Preoccupied, Maeleg quietly waited his turn for a mug of ale to toast Vos' memory.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Ogre in the Playground

Hkil

((how much is a pence in our money, and how many people are there on board the ship?))

Hkil waits his turn as well, although he secretly has some misdeeds about how Barzal's brew would do for the humans... and the others. When it comes, though, he gets a mug and toasts the others - and the sea.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wish we could do something bigger for the orcblood, but I'm not sure how much brew the crew can handle right now. You make some strong stuff, you do - it's too early to get them properly drunk, eh?
    he tells Barzal in their own language, his eye winking at the end.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

Bazral Strakeln

With a nod and knowing wink back to Hkil, Bazral replies in the dwarven tongue.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Aye. We can let 'em have a couple or a few. If they wanna get loaded they'll hafta wait fer shoreleave, nae?"

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd say a pence is a copper. That was my intent, anyway.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Halfling in the Playground

RogueGirl

Thierry shakes his head a little bit and bows his head slightly for a few moments, before moving over and smiling slightly, "Well think we'd rather the crew not all be drunk, aye?"

10. - Top - End - #160

"I think the ship's Master would agree with you, Thierry. We should probably finish our toast quickly," Maeleg replied. Raising his mug of ale, he said, "Enyalanilme a Vos. He was a steadfast companion, and a true friend."

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

The Following contains mild profanity
    Spoiler
    Show
    ****...****! Why did this happen? Why him? Do you realize what this means. Not only have we lost a good man before contact, But we have lost Our HEALER. I don't even think that any of us are combat med certified here! DAMN
    Bob screams in exasperation, and outright fear.

...Oh, It Bleeped it out...
    Last edited by CommodoreFluffy; 2008-01-22 at 09:05 PM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Ogre in the Playground

Hkil

The dwarf is surprised by the outburst for a second, but quickly turns back to his calm, canny self. Bob, those are weird words as to spout first thing if one of us died. And that bit about combat med certified... have you been holding out on us? He makes it sounds like we're going to war rather than a trade mission he says, his eyes suddenly narrowed.

13. - Top - End - #163

Bob's outburst almost made Maeleg spill his ale, and he did his best to not let it fluster him. Since Hkil was trying to calm Bob down, Maeleg gave a weak smile and gestured toward Bazral and Thierry with his mug, trying to complete the toast to Vos.

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Bob says, Didn't You all know, the political situation in the West is unstable, as ours is, but their factions seem to be constantly in combat. We are supposed to be guards, and once in a while, we just might spring an ambush, so unless anybody here is a MacGyver of the medical world, we are going to have a tough time.

Let's just say that one of us even falls off a cart, and gets beat up a bit by the horses trampling, we won't even be prepared for that!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Bazral Strakeln

Baz spares a brief glare for Bob before raising his stein high and grinning at Maeleg. "Vos! Ah hardly ken ya, boot Ah'll drink ta yer memory! May yer god look well upon ya noo tha' yer home!" As he finishes, he tilts his head back and drains the stein quickly.

"Aaaahhh!" the dwarf sighs as he wipes his mouth with his sleeve.

Baz turns to face Bob once more, massive hands on his hips. "Ah think ya owe oos an explanation! Ya didn't share all this with us afore!"

16. - Top - End - #166

Relieved to finally complete the toast to Vos, Maeleg drank a mouthful of ale. He knew he wouldn't be able to keep up with Bazral even if he tried, so he decided not to embarrass himself with the effort. He finished the ale slowly, and offered the last bit to Rakir, who greedily consumed the last drops.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Ogre in the Playground

Hkil

Hkil takes another sip of his nearly-empty mug, and shakes his head with disapproval - real or comical. And here I thought we were supposed to get extra hazard pay for that kind of thing. It wouldn't hurt you much to mention all that beforehand, Bob. He takes another sip, and then carefully pours the remaining ale into the sea.

18. - Top - End - #168

Nodding in agreement to Hkil, Maeleg added, "Yes, Bob, what else do you know that you haven't shared?"

19. - Top - End - #169
    Orc in the Playground

Just the stories, big monsters, desert winds, monsoon floods, This is an entirely different world here.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

Bazral Strakeln

Watching Hlik out of the corner of his eye, Bazral snorts. "At least we shood have some fun on this trip! Entertainin'!"

The dwarf cups his hands around his mouth and bellows, "Last call! Shop's closin'!"

21. - Top - End - #171
    Orc in the Playground

Sure, I could go for something after that shock, but you know, they have gigantic riding beasts with blades in their mouths that are used to gore enemies, it's scary. all sorts of weird things.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Hkil

The young dwarf looks on with a mix of amusement and incredulity. Bob, have you been doing business with Bazral recently? Because I think I heard something about gigantic beasts and goring... and if I heard right, what the hell was the boss thinking sending us alone there? Having said that, he looks on towards the west with some apprehension. Sheesh, no one tells you anything, and if you don't like it, they show you the door. There should be something done about that, like one of those union thingies they have in Doishenia.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Shaman View Post
    Hkil

The young dwarf looks on with a mix of amusement and incredulity. Bob, have you been doing business with Bazral recently? Because I think I heard something about gigantic beasts and goring... and if I heard right, what the hell was the boss thinking sending us alone there? Having said that, he looks on towards the west with some apprehension. Sheesh, no one tells you anything, and if you don't like it, they show you the door. There should be something done about that, like one of those union thingies they have in Doishenia.
    Well that's not gonna happen. We aren't supposed to be on the front lines, we actually are going through a politically protected zone, to open trade with their capitol. W aren't supposed to see any combat, but I still got this feeling.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

((Who else is still there?))

25. - Top - End - #175
    Ogre in the Playground

Bazral Strakeln

Shaking his head, Bazral snorts loudly. "Ah'd be oop fer some combat, ya ken? Works oop a thirst. Best time ta drink is after a battle!"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm here. I'd lost track of the thread. Sorry. Let's hope we'll get past this and continue on! I like Baz an awful lot...

26. - Top - End - #176

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm still here as well. Like GimliFett, I like my character (and both of yours for that matter), but I'm not going to run this game. I've tried to push it along when I think I've stalled it, but it doesn't seem to stick.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Hkil

The dwarf shrugs. Hope it's just a feeling, then. No offense, Bazral, but I'd rather we didn't get caught in a battle. He falls silent afterwards, looking at the sea with a carried-away expression.

((OK, how about we move this forward, then?))

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ogre in the Playground

Bazral Strakeln

Bazral looks at the other dwarf, a puzzled expression on his face. "Nae lookin' fer a battle? Fair enoof. Still, Ah'd welcome somthin' ta take mah mind offa tha fact Ah've nothin' ta look at boot yer sorry faces, no offense, an' water," the dwarf grins broadly and pats the other dwarf on the shoulder. "Thinkin' aboot a lass?"

29. - Top - End - #179

Maeleg

Maeleg listened quietly to the dwarves' conversation, not wanting to interrupt. Rakir kept a wary eye on the desert hawk, still perched in the rigging, staring back.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Hkil

Hkil looks a little surprised at Bazral's reaction, then zooms out again. "Nah, about my family and some work I had to do. But your idea was better. What about you, by the way? I've known you for a while, but haven't seen any lass around you. Do you have someone back home?"
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-03-06 at 02:30 PM.