New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Save a Pinky Princess

Kroatan

Looking surprised and not being quite sure what to respond to the dwarfs rant about gnomes and dwarfes, he decides to only answer to the statement about kings and theyr dutys. Scratching his chin, he says:
    "Uh... well, technically my people do not have a king, sure, some of us do life in a kingdom, but others decide to refer to theyr orcish side and join a clan, but those only have a tribe lea.."

He stops, overthinking what Kothrag must have meant. "Wait, you mean the king of Elizabetha? I dont know, but i guess you are right. But what i meant to say was... do you have any experience speaking with nobles? Or anybody else here?"

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sparrow

"Ah, sorry to interrupt, but even though I said I don't know much about these things, young Jeremy did say the King was probably waiting... Sparrow looks to the guard who makes no move to announce them or open the door for them... And I'm sure Kings don't like to be kept waiting. At any rate, a bard needn't have any fear of looking the fool! Sparrow assumes a confident posture, straightens his garments, and boldly pushes his way through the double doors.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

When Sparrow enter the audience room, the little group saw someone with a purple robe who painting a sky blue flower in a green vase. He drop off his paintbrush on his easel and stop his paint. The stranger saws the bard in the front of the group and smile him. ''Hi, who are you and what can I do for you stranger?''
    The life is eternal if you remenber your friends inside your heart. (It's really cliché, right?)

DMming: Frozen Crystal, Wind Crystal, Blazing Crystal, Save a pinky princess

4. - Top - End - #34

Sparrow bows his head but keeps his back straight, not sure if this is the real McCoy or not...
    "Begging your pardon, we have been summoned for a royal audience. I can not speak for my companions, but I am Sparrow, a bard of this fair city."

5. - Top - End - #35
    Orc in the Playground

The man smiles and laughs. ''Oh! My pardon sir. I sommun you and I don't remenber you face sorry, Sparrow. I saw you a lot pf time when you play some music on the orphanage.'' He goes on the golden chair in the center of the room and sits here. He takes a serious face before to continues to talk. ''So... You probably want to know, what I demand you to come here? I tell you... My beautiful and charming daughter was be kidnap a few wwek ago... He stops to talk for calm his emotion, before tear attacks his eyes.
    The life is eternal if you remenber your friends inside your heart. (It's really cliché, right?)

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Kothrag

The dwarf has gone in hesitantly after the others, and seems to be quite interested in the person in the room. He looks at him quite calmly until the man basically says that he is the one who called for them, and then he blinks with disbelief. He studies the man for a second, before murmuring to his nearest companion. Er... Is he the king? I, er, didn't imagine him like that.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

The king laugh when he heards the comment and smile to Kothrag. ''Yes, I'm the king of this city. I know, I don't like formalities so, every time a have some guest, I a little... friendly with them.'' He laughs again.

8. - Top - End - #38

"Um...How may we be of service, your majesty?

9. - Top - End - #39
    Orc in the Playground

The king turns to Sparrow. ''Well, I heard a rumor of the location where my daugther dissapears... I'm sorry to demand you your help, but can you looks from her? I can go by myself because I have to protect my kingdom and I don't want to inform the population of the disapperance of Elizabeth...'' He stops to talk and wait the reaction of the other.

10. - Top - End - #40

Kroatan

Reliefed that the king really is as nice as he was told, the half-orc slowly regains his confidence.

"So, you contacted us because you don't want the city guard to know about the disapearance of your daughter?"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

He smiles to the half-orc and anwser him with his calm voice. ''That right. If I demand to the guard to do that... The villagers will interogate about what happend here and I don't want to scare them.''
    Last edited by Klern; 2007-12-19 at 10:33 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42

"Where do you suggest we start looking, your Majesty?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Orc in the Playground

''I think you can go to the gaveyard, that the last place she goes... She want to see her mother grave... for a peaceful prayer.'' He looks down and more depress.

14. - Top - End - #44

Kroatan

"Oh... alright. So thats where we should start searching. What does she look like? Just asking so we don't bring the wrong girl back. And how long is she missing by now?"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

''Elizabeth have long blonde hair with beautiful blue eyes. When she desappear... she have a pink dress with blue flowers on it. About the time... It was four days ago she desapear... He close his green eyes and murmurs : ''I wish she be alright...'' He take his compel smile and said: ''Before you go... Do you want to eat in the castle with me... I think it the first I can to for you now. Most, you are my guest.''

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

The dwarf looks around, a little sad and very confused. This isn't right. Just isn't. I don't care how nice he is, he's a king. Kings don't normally invite people for dinner, they've got, uh, servants for that kind of thing. Don't they? It's all messed up with those humans... Next thing it will turn out this king doesn't know anything about mining!

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know how you do it, people, but I usually italicize thoughts. So unless anyone's a telepath here, you haven't actually heard all that.

He puts a hand in his belt and takes something small out.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2007-12-21 at 06:23 PM.

17. - Top - End - #47

Sparrow

Of course we will dine with you, your Majesty. It would be our honor. And if you desire, I will sing for your entertainment.

18. - Top - End - #48

Kroatan

A growl can be heard from his stomach. "Oh... yes. I'd love to grab some food now... uh, I mean, thank you for your invitation."
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2007-12-23 at 10:44 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Kothrag

The dwarf tugs at Sparrow's sleave nervously, and beckons him to bring his head closer before whispering Are, er, kings supposed to act like that? Er, are you sure this is the right one?

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

''This is all I can do for you now for thank you for search about my little Elizabeth...'' He looks sad, but smile a little. ''By the way, I don't like formallity, so yes I can told you to take some food with me.'' He smile and the tone of his voice was really serious.

21. - Top - End - #51

Sparrow

Sparrow whispers back to his companions:

"The very fact that he's acting so informal makes me think he must be the king. An impostor would be acting more...kingly. Besides, young Jeremy seemed to have practically been on first name basis with the king from the way he talked!

22. - Top - End - #52

Kroatan

As the half-orc listens to sparrow, he nodds in silent agreement.
    Then he wispers back "I think this makes sense. Lets get some food."
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2007-12-26 at 06:44 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

Kothrag

The dwarf looks up despairingly. Are you sure, he whispers at the one called Sparrow. Just, er, be careful. This can't be right...

24. - Top - End - #54
    Orc in the Playground

The King snap his fingers and a big table, with some food on it, appears. ''Bon appetit!'' He saids before take some of chicken leg. A red wine was on each golden-cup. Some fruits was in the fruit bowl, like grape, apple, orange and other. And a lot more other food.

Jérémy enters room with a old women after his little footstep. ''Thank for the invitation your highness!'' He saids with his little child voice. The prietess of Pelor hold the red hair kid and takes a serious face on him. ''Jérémy! How many time a told you to become more polite with the king.'' She saids with reproach. The little kid looks really sad. ''Oooooh... I'm sorry Barbara...'' He turn over the king and saids: ''I'm sorry your highness...'' The king laughs and takes a charming smile. ''It's all right Jérémy. My daughter consider you like his eternal little brother.'' Jérémy smiles and takes a chair, fallow by the mother of the orphanage.

Barbara haves long gray hairs with his silver grays eyes. She wears a old silver white dress with the symbol of Pelor around his neck, like a pendant. She was very polite and good way with all she does. She talk about the orphanage to the king who listen her carefully and he saids her some advice. She smile to the purple dress king and continues to eat.

Jérémy eats really fast and reads a big book across him. Barbara take the books to the kid, who do some scolding to her. ''I just want to finish this one...'' He defends his self. ''No. You read it later. That really not polite when you read and eat in the sametime.'' Saids the maids with her strict, but peaceful old voice.
    Last edited by Klern; 2008-01-01 at 07:52 AM.

25. - Top - End - #55

Kroatan

He sits down, grabbing the biggest chicken leg he can see with his hands and bites a good chunk out of it.

"Your highness, thanks for the invitation..." He says, before chomping down some more chicken ... and for the food. I've been wondering, from where do you get your fresh meat? I don't mean to brag, but I regulary hunt animals and sell them in the citry - and maybe you would be interested in buying some of my prey regulary, after we brought your daughter back.", trying to extend his regular buyers network.
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2008-01-05 at 01:39 AM.

26. - Top - End - #56

Sparrow joins in the dinner but stays quiet for now.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

The king smiles and turn to Kroatan. ''That a great idea! I tell that to my servant.'' Jérémy looks the hunter and start to speak really exited and quickly. ''Your a hunter? How can you hunt some animal and what species do you prefer to hunt or, you probably like big animal, so what is your most bigger animal your hunt? What weather do you prefer for your hunt or do you like to hunt during the day or the night? What weapon do you use for hunt? Do you like the forest around the kingdom and how do you pass the wood wall around him? You make a pacts with forest's people?'' Barbara looks tire when she saws the orphan and the king laughs.

28. - Top - End - #58

Sparrow excuses himself quietly from the table, but rather than going to the privy, he walks quickly out of the castle. With no explanation, he strides to a horse merchant and barters his weapons for a sturdy traveling horse. He fills up his waterskin at a well, then rides off into the sunset. A mile out of town he looks over his shoulder one last time. A gust of wind blows his hair back, revealing slightly pointed ears. Sparrow whispers in the wind:

"Good-bye, Elizabetha. You were my home for many years, but I have realized I do not belong to these people. I shall seek my family in the wilderness. I shall never see you again."

29. - Top - End - #59

Kroatan

Slightly stumbled by Jeremys he trys to answer each question one by one. "So young and already so full of questions, huh?" He grins slightly, revealing some more of his left tusk. "Well, I hunt whatever will feed me well - and sell good, of course. The biggest I've ever hunted... would be... mmh, let me think about this one. Bisons, I think. They're really hard to take down tough. For hunting times... very warm summer days are a good time to hunt. All the animals will be lazy and sit around in the shadows, not taking much care. Very cold winter nights are the same. Easy to find some animals in a cave that are hiding from the weather then."

He takes a short break, chewing on some of the meat and overthinking Jeremys many, many questions. "So... what else where you asking again? Ah... right, yes - I know some of the forests people. Some of them pray to Obad-Hai, like I do."
    Looking at Jeremy with a broad grin on his face, he asks: "So... where that all of your questions?"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Kothrag sits down on the table, muttering quietly. He pokes his food a little with his fork before starting to eat it.