New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Save a Pinky Princess

Jérémy jump on his chair exited by the answer of the half-orc. ''Wow! You pray Obad-Hai! His the great God for the forest! I heard a rumor which he bless some hunters who like woodlands and nature, it's that true? I really happy to see who people hears the forest's heart again. Oh! I like the symbol of Obad-Hai, his fantastic mask of oak leaves and acorns, but don't be offence Barbara, I continued to pray Pelor.'' He has a little childish laugh and continues eats some fresh foods. Barbara laughs too before to answer the kid. '' It alright Jérémy, I know you study a lot of things... Like God and magic.''
    The life is eternal if you remenber your friends inside your heart. (It's really cliché, right?)

DMming: Frozen Crystal, Wind Crystal, Blazing Crystal, Save a pinky princess

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kroatan

"Yes, I believe so - otherwise I wouldn't have such good hunts as I have sometimes." He answers, as he dips what must be about his fifth chicken leg so far into some sauce.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Pixie in the Playground

Tinaldomurn

What the heck could a King want with me?! It can't be because he's heard of me, or else he'd just throw my but in prison and be done with it. So what if I did a little Arson, nobody knew it was me, and I was saving the gold from that safe in the burning building. The fact that the two were happening at the same time doesn't mean anything. Chuckling a little at his rememberance of that time, and other times like it, the little Kobold walked up the the castle gates. Pulling out the note that was sent to him, he flashed it at the guards and kept walking not waiting for a response.

Walking straight foward, not taking any turns in the hallways, knowing how castles are usually built (not from audiences with he king either). Being a rather small person, he waited at the door for someone to assist him in opening it. Not because he couldn't, but because he didn't feel like exerting himself at the moment. He did mildly wonder if the guards had been following him the entire way or not, he didn't really care. After all, this time he wasn't stealing anything.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Rhadamanthys

Following, unnoticed, on the tail of the first Kobold (Rhadamanthys chuckled at the pun), came as second figure. He wears swathed in a worn, but nonetheless evidently high-quality robe, of a pale blue, but his reptilian, dragon-blooded nature was nonetheless obvious - the slightly bouncing, hopping stride gave enough hint to any observer - to say nothing of the large, obvious tail, that balanced out behind it.

He creeps up behind the Kobold waiting at the door, and suddenly, unexpectedly, pipes up with

Greetings, sir! May I assume that you too have received the call from the king of this land?

He brandishes a small not poking out from a scroll case.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by #Raptor View Post
    Kroatan

"Yes, I believe so - otherwise I wouldn't have such good hunts as I have sometimes." He answers, as he dips what must be about his fifth chicken leg so far into some sauce.
    Kothrag

Or perhaps you have been graced by a deity of luck, the dwarf intervenes. The Gods often work in subtle ways to teach us their wisdom.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

A little surprised that it was a fellow Kobold, and not a disgusting human, he resisted to stab him. Turning to face the other Kobold, he saw the note and heard that he too was invited to see the King. Why, yes, I was invited to see the king. I thought he needed the services of a bard, but seeing a fellow Kobold here, I wonder. Did your note say what you were called here for?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Rhadamanthys

Ahah, you as well. Judging from the note ...

The kobold fumbled with the latch on the scroll case.

... the matter concerns the king's daughter. Preliminary reconnaissance (actually, just asking some servants in a bar) says she's gone missing. Pity. Princesses should come affixed with some form of homing beacon, they get lost so often.

Shall we enter?
    Last edited by Illiterate Scribe; 2008-01-13 at 12:42 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68

Kroatan

"That... would be possible." Kroatan reluctantly admits "But I don't believe so. I've been praying to Obad-Hai for a long time now, I don't know why some other god instead of the Obad-Hai would help me along when I don't pray to him."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Pixie in the Playground

Tinaldomurn
    "I agree. We should go in" After speaking he opened the doors in front of them and walked inside.

10. - Top - End - #70

Kroatan

The door opens, but the huge Half-orc can't see anything walking in. As he stands up to get a better view, he sees 2 kobolds that were hidden from his sight by the table before. Apparently suprised by the little creatures he turns to the king. "Umm... your highness, did you invite two Kobolds in here?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Orc in the Playground

The king saws the two kobold after the remark of the half-orc. ''Ha yes! You two are Tinaldomurn and... Rhadamanthys
    I guess? Well take a chair and eat with us.''
    He wait his new invite take the two chair specialize for them. Jérémy say the two crature who have never see and he looks exated, before he start to talk and blizt them of a lot of questions, Barbara stop him with his hand on his mouth for tell him to not talk now and wait for later.
    The life is eternal if you remenber your friends inside your heart. (It's really cliché, right?)

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Rhadamanthys

Rhadamanthys leaps nimbly into one of the chairs that are pointed out up by the king. It's one that is uncomfortably close to the fire - not close enough to cause any damage to the chair, but still closer than most people would like.

So, friends - if we are to be working together, knowing names would be an excellent place to begin. My name is Rhadamanthys, erstwhile of the Reminscience Watchers tribe; my comrade here is Tinaldorum, I believe.

Spoiler
    Show
    OoCIf you're wondering how he knew the name, remember that he's done a bit of background reading for this quest !

13. - Top - End - #73
    Pixie in the Playground

Tinaldomurn
    Smiling at being greeted by a King, Tinaldomurn gave a flourishing bow to the King and guests. "Thank you for the introduction. Yes, I am Tinaldomurn, adventurer and musician extrodinare." Smirking he walked over to the other chair, which was also close to the flames in the hearth.

As the flames danced in his eyes, Tinaldomurn smiled to everyone around him, "Ah, how I do love a good fire. It's always so cheerful to see the crackling flames dance along the wood." He smiled, and took a look around the table at what he assumed to be the other's invited on the mission.

Spoiler
    Show
    And no, he's not talking about the logs in the fire.
    Last edited by Draik Tempest; 2008-01-15 at 06:54 PM.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

Kargin

Having said so little up until this point the quite Pelorite looks up and it seems that he has only just noticed anything thats happened since they sat down. He had been so focused on making himself not look like a total idiot that he had kept to himself in his veritable fortress of steel plating. He slowly looked to the two newcomers and tried to focus on them for a moment before he spoke slowly and carefully, "Hello Rhad- Rha...Tina- T...friends. My name is Kargin Runethane, son of Julian." He honestly hoped they didn't try to strike up a conversation with him as he thought he was already making a fool out of himself by being unable to repeat their names.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

15. - Top - End - #75

Kroatan

He sits down again after hearing the king speak. As the others have introduced themself, he beginns to speak.

"Ah... Alright then. My name is Kroatan. Nice to meet you."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Rhada-what?

Rhadamanthys leans across the table to shake the half-orc's hand. Unfortunately, due to the table being human-sized, rather than kobold-scale, he ends up almost clambering over it.

A pleasure to meet you, Kroatan.

He then turns to the Cleric, completely oblivious to the fact that he's clad in full-plate mail (although it may in fact be due to the fact that he doesn't want to draw attention to the fact that, under his robe, the kobold is himself wearing armour.

And how fare the flock of Pelor?

17. - Top - End - #77
    Pixie in the Playground

Tinaldomurn
    Simply nodding at the two larger people, Tinaldomurn stands up on his chair and begins putting food onto his plate, mostly meats and only the ones that look a little undercooked. Sitting down again, Tinaldomurn looks at the half-orc and says, "If my name is too difficult to say, Tin, will do just fine." Inside his head, he thought, Ignorant savage. He's lucky he's wearing armor or I'd put a knife in his side. Smiling at the thought he began to eat the food on his plate, crunching the bones as he did so.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Kargin

The Pelorite only makes one short reply, and queitly at that, "The Shining One blesses all." Thereafter he goes back to eating, hoping his lack of words didn't make him seem rude outright.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Rhadamanthys

The kobold carries on, again seeming not to notice Kargin's taciturn responses.

Excellent, excellent; al'Asran's work and cause are good and just ones.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Kothrag

The dwarf looks on to the kobolds with obvious surprise, and perhaps a bit of distaste. When the king invites them to the table, he just says They... can? with growing confusion. He actually seems a bit... redder than normal.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

After everything was eat, the king get up of his chair, snap his finguers and all dishes disappear. He looks every of his aventurer who going to save his daughter. ''I'm happy to see you before you going... and I wish you going to find my belove daughter...'' He looks a little deprese, but he smiles to them.

Jérémy stay up on his chair. ''I going too, your Highness! I want to seach Élizabeth! She's my friend after all.'' The king looks him and laughs. ''I'm happy you want to help her, but I think Barbara don't let you go, right?'' She smiles to the kid and approuve the king with his head. ''But... I can fight too! I can defend my self! I can use my magic for help them!'' Barbara clams Jérémy and tolds him his just a kid and it's for his sake she doesn't let him go. Sad, the little wizard sits on his chair with tear on his saphir blue eyes.

The king turn to the group of his daughter rescuer and said: ''You can go and I promise you to give you some money want you rescue her and she back to the castle.'' He smiles and the door opens for telling to them the audience was finish.
    Last edited by Klern; 2008-01-23 at 07:12 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Pixie in the Playground

Tinaldomurn
    Hoping out of his chair, Tinaldomurn snapped his fingers and spoke an Arcane word. The next instant a Violin appeared in his hand. Bowing to the King, he began to play as he walked out the door, a slow varying tone that picked up after a few seconds. He didn't care what it sounded like to other people, mainly because he was playing what was in his head.

Spoiler
    Show
    He's taking 10 on his perform skill *has tried about 20 times to get the roller to work*
    As a side note, the song he's playing is Voltaire - When You're Evil. He's not singing it though
    Last edited by Draik Tempest; 2008-01-20 at 06:40 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83

Kroatan

The Half-orc replies to Tinaldomurn "Tinal... Tinaldomurn, wasn't it? I think I'll be fine, but thanks for the offer", he says with a rough smile.

As the king opens the door, he stands up but turns to the king.
    "Alright, then we can get going as soon as Sparrow comes back... speaking of Sparrow, where is he? He's been gone for quite some time by now."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

The king looks pensive, but he answer Kroatan. ''I don't know, sorry. I think he justs want to travel around the world or... be free.'' He smiles, but he looks to be don't sure about his answer.

25. - Top - End - #85

Kroatan

"Thats weird... altough he sometimes was kinda flighty. Oh well. He'll probably show up again in a few days. If he returns from whatever he does, maybe send him after us." The half-orc says, looking a bit saddened from the sudden disappearance of his friend.

Then he walks out the door, following the little kobold with the Violin. Then he speaks to the Kobolds: "So.. the last place the kings daughter was going to was the graveyard - unless any of you has a better idea, we should probably go there first."

((OOC: Draik, see my comment in the ooc thread. ^^ Also, you can't edit rolls into a old post, you've got to make 'em in a new one.))

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Kargin

The Pelorite silently stands, which actually includes a lengthy clamor of his armor in the classic 'I'm a Cleric, I'm being loud!' theme. He gives a brief nod to the king and a partial bow before he too moves to leave.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

27. - Top - End - #87
    Pixie in the Playground

Tinaldomurn
    Still playing, it seemed like Tinaldomurn was ignoring the half-orc when he didin't speak for a few seconds. When he finally spoke, his words came out in a sing song voice. "To the graveyard, if you wish, for the princess dressed in Pink. However, don't be worried when you find, things best left in the grave." He chuckled to himself a little, and continued walking.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks #Raptor *glares at the evil dice system*

28. - Top - End - #88
    Orc in the Playground

The five aventures goes on the exit of the city, but when they want to quit, a little red hair kid run to the entrance, but he falls in ground and some books get out of his brown bag. ''Ouch...'' He said when he rub his head. He start to pick up his magic book and other which pull over the ground. ''Elizabeth...'' He sponges his sapphir blue eyes of his tears. ''I find you... alone if nobody want my help!'' He saids to himself.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Kothrag

Kothrag had already finished with the meal and was looking around at the hall, his left foot thumping at the sound of an unheard melody - and for a time the heard one. Afterwards, he steps off the chair and, with a slight "Errr" bows in the direction of the king and queen, We'd be happy to help, your majesty then backs down.

When they're out of the hall, he turns to the nearest humanoid and comments. Erm, who was that kid at the audience anyway? A page or some such?

((Ok, I'm getting confused here. Are there some clues as to where this princess can be?))

30. - Top - End - #90

Kroatan

As he walks along with the group as they get out of the caste, he answers the Dwarf. "No, he was one of the orphans... but Sparrow knows him better than I do."

A few moments later, when they are about to exit the city he stops as he notices Jeremy falling to the ground. He walks up to him after deciding to talk him out of this. He kneels down to see face to face with the little boy and says: "Ok now... listen Jeremy. Its too dangerous out there for a young boy. Do you have any idea of monsters are out there? How about you just go to nurse... whatwashernameagain... Barbara? Just let us do the searching, I'm sure Elizabeth will be just fine when she returns."

((OOC: Aaah, sorry for not posting for so long!
    @Shaman: Well, the last place she was going to was the graveyard. So... she might be there.))