New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Save a Pinky Princess

Tinaldomurn
    Finally ending the song on his violin, Tinaldomurn looked at the rest of the group, and then at Jeremy, who was being talked to by Kroatan. Flicking his tail a couple of times in annoyance, he walked over to the two. "Just let him come. Worse comes to worse I could always use a meat shi... er, I mean we could always use a wizard..." In a barely audible mutter he added, Ya, that's what I meant. He began twisting the plain band on his finger idly, pretending he hadn't said anything unusual.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

Jérémy jumps on place and screams his joy. ''Oh! Thank you kobold man!'' He takes his book on ground, smiles to his new friends and starts to walk to the graveyard.
    The life is eternal if you remenber your friends inside your heart. (It's really cliché, right?)

DMming: Frozen Crystal, Wind Crystal, Blazing Crystal, Save a pinky princess

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Rhadamanthys

The smaller, and more sparkly, of the kobolds, leads Jérémy aside.

My dear fellow - I am so sorry and embarassed to have to say this, but do you have any idea as to where the princess is? I, uh, forgot to ask.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Orc in the Playground

Jérémy smiles to the kobold and laughs. ''Yup! She was probably in the graveyard, it was the last place she goes, I think we have to search there first or take some information or search... Well... The tomb of her mother was here, she want to see it last time I saw her.''
    The life is eternal if you remenber your friends inside your heart. (It's really cliché, right?)

5. - Top - End - #95
    Pixie in the Playground

Urge... to... burn... rising... must resist... for now. Tinaldomurn stood there for a moment his hand reaching for his bag of holding, but he shoook his head and walked over to the Sparkly Kobold. "So, where is this graveyard?"

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm just going to start rolling things in the OOC thread... this is getting ridiculus *get's irritated at the dice system*
    Last edited by Draik Tempest; 2008-02-01 at 06:43 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ogre in the Playground

Kothrag

But haven't the guards already checked there? Silly me, I should have asked that while we were eating with the king. I guess it all took me by surprise
    Erm, Jerome, I don't think you should come. Really, I mean I mean it. But at least be careful, okay?
    he says as he walks alongside the others for the graveyard.

((we're using knowledge religion for anything related to the undead, right?))
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-02-02 at 05:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

''I'm be careful, I promise! Don't worry about me, I'm 12 year old you know?'' He laughs and continues to walk with his childish smile. Kothrag observes who Jérémy was a little too small for a child with his age.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

Whistling, Tinaldomurn walked over to a building that seemed to be made mostly of wood and grabbed one of the flasks of oil out of the bag. Making sure he wasn't visible to the party, he poured the oil on the wood and then into a trail that led from the building. To top it off, he pulled a tindertwig from his pocket and struck it, lighting the oil on fire and smirking. Just for the hell of, he ripped off part of his cloak, stuck it into another pint of oil, lit that two, and threw it to the top of another building.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling for the attack roll for that. (1d20)[8]

The next instant, he was walking calmly back to the group, whistling a merry tune.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

Kargin

Had he not been armored he would surely be rubbing his temples right now and muttering protest at bringing along the child.
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-02-14 at 03:24 AM.
    Never can find my towel...

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett
    Forgot who did my avatar, sorry! >.<

10. - Top - End - #100
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kroatan

He looks at everyone for a moment before he says: "Well, I take it everbody is ready to move out?" Unless anyone disagrees, he'll start marching towards the graveyard.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

((Aren't we in the graveyard itself?))

Kothrag

The dwarf suddenly slows down and looks uncertainly. Erm... The guards. At the graveyard - the graveyard guards, or... I mean isn't there someone we should ask, in case they've seen or heard something?

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

The group takes a half day to go to the graveyard, which looks normal. Many tombs live here. Jérémy starts to run to the entrance and pass the old metal gate to wait other in the silence place. "The tomb of Elizabeth's mother was in this way. Fallow me!" He want to run ti the place but he dicide to wait the other, for be more carefully.

13. - Top - End - #103

Kroatan

He follows Jeremy, watching him closely so he won't run off on his own. "I don't know. Why would they put guards at a graveyard anyway?"

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

Tinaldolmurn
    Whistling still, the kobold simply shrugs and walks along with the boy, seeming not to care that he was following a child.

Spoiler
    Show
    I like how people are ignoring the fire I made

15. - Top - End - #105
    Orc in the Playground

Few minute later, Jérémy screams when he saws guard bodys around some grave and he starts to cry. He runs to the hand of the half-orc. ''What those people was dead? I'm scrare Kroatan...'' A cold wind pass by here and give a cold and bad sensation to the little red hair kid.
    Last edited by Klern; 2008-02-19 at 04:42 PM.

16. - Top - End - #106

Kroatan

He looks at the corpses "Jeremy, stay behind me. The killers could still be here." He turns to Kothrag. "I guess its too late to ask those guys... lets check out what happend there. But be careful, everybody."

He pulls his greatclub out and takes a look around before he walks towards the dead guards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spot - (1d20+1)[6]
    Listen - (1d20+4)[10]

((OOC: @Draik: Well, since our characters didn't see you making a fire... and I think by the time it would have been visible we'd already be a few kilometers out of the city.))

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

Kothrag

((You said you were out of our sights, and we're clinically attention-challenged ;) ))

The dwarf shifts uncomfortably, looking at the dead guards. He approaches them carefully as if expecting them to rise again.

(((1d20+1)[20] - heal to determine cause/time of death))

18. - Top - End - #108
    Pixie in the Playground

Tinaldomurn
    Looking around, Tinaldomurn saw the body and shook his head. Amateurs. They positioned the body all wrong, and the least they could have done was put a few more wounds into it. Walking up to the group. He drew the longsword at his waist looked around. "What do you think? Graverobbers or necromancers?" He hoped it was the later. Necromancers had better stuff to steal.

He gazed around the cometary, looking for anything out of the ordinary and listening for movement.

Spoiler
    Show
    *sacrifices a goat to the dice gods*
    Spot and Listen
    (1d20+1)[14]
    (1d20+1)[20]
    Last edited by Draik Tempest; 2008-02-19 at 07:48 AM.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Orc in the Playground

Tinaldomurn saws a broken dagger next to one of guard body and few footsteps across tomb with red flower. The name scribe on it: Elizabetha Delîle, the queen of great heart and mother of Elizabeth, the princess. Some component of spell are around the dead bodys.

Kothrag looking the dead guard for determine the time of their death. It looks it been one week ago they dead by attack of some people with basic weapon, like dagger, sword and other more.

A strange wheezy breathing sounds next to the little group of aventurer. Jérémy heards it too and turn slowly his childish face and sream. "Look out! ZOMBIE!" He starts to shake in the dark nights who starts to fall.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roll your initiative everyone.

20. - Top - End - #110

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeeeeeeeeeha!
    Initiative - (1d20+1)[16]

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

Kargin
    HP: 31/31 AC: 20/9/21 Init: (1d20-7)[-1]

When the call about the zombies rings out the cleric slowly turns his visored gaze to look about in search of the threat. From his neck he lifts up a brilliantly glowing holy symbol with the light only increased by the ring set about his finger. Calling silently upon the divine power of his Lord the Shining One he unleashes a pulse of positively aligned energy.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everburning Ring, shines as a torch as per Everburning Torch
    Turning Check: (1d20+1)[4]
    Turning 'Damage': (2d6+4)[10]
    Undead with one hit dice that are affected are destroyed instead of turned.

Edit: Turning results! Affects up to 10 hit dice of undead where each may not have more than one hit die

((Another reason he didn't notice the fire. Unreactive much?))
    Last edited by Tacitus; 2008-02-19 at 05:19 PM.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

22. - Top - End - #112
    Pixie in the Playground

Tinaldomurn
    HP: 18/18 AC: 17/13/15

Smirking a little, he waited with his sword in hand, prepared to attack the second the zombie moved towards him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ready action, stab zombie when it comes in range
    Last edited by Draik Tempest; 2008-02-20 at 07:57 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ...screwed up my roll (1d20+2)[15]

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Tacitus and the_shaman I don't have you initiative

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Init: (1d20-7)[-1]

See the line of text under my bolded character name. Thats where I put HP/AC/Init, and yes, that was rolled.

So it goes.

GNU Terry Pratchett

26. - Top - End - #116
    Ogre in the Playground

Rhadamanthys
    HP - 18/18 AC - 18, 16, 13

The other kobold, who had been hanging about at the back of the party, kicking his feet a little, suddenly sparks into life. Under the voluminous robe that he wears, tiny muscles tense, and then propel him forward, a spark of resplendent light darting forward in the fading sun. As he moves, he draws his short blade, and, with a single fluid movement, slashes at the nearest shambler.

Spoiler
    Show

Charge at the nearest enemy while unsheathing my kukri, and then attack using Iaijutsu focus, if they're flat-footed.

Initiative - (1d20+6)[18]

If I get to them ... Attack roll - (1d20+5)[25]

If I hit them ... Damage (1d3)[2]

Iaijutsu focus ... (1d20+8)[25]

If Iaijutsu focus roll 10-14 ... (1d6)[5]
    If Iaijutsu focus roll 15-19 ... (2d6)[7]
    If Iaijutsu focus roll 20-24 ... (3d6)[9]
    If Iaijutsu focus roll 25-29 ... (4d6)[17]

OK, them's a lot of rolls.

Whoops, I thought this thread had died. Good to see that it's back up!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

(HP 18, AC 12, Initiative (1d20+2)[20])

Kothrag

The dwarf looks on the rising, shambling dead with visible disgust. He sizes up his allies, begins an invocation - which ends with him sending a strand of energy towards Kroatan. He smiles happily and then moves away from the lurching zombies

Spoiler
    Show
    Congrats, you've just been supersized! Make sure your ability mods, reach, and weapon damage are adjusted appropriately.
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2008-03-04 at 01:51 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118

Supersized & Raging Kroatan
    Initative 15 (rolled 16, -1 from the -2 dextery penality from the enlarge person)
    AC 12, Touch 8, Flat 12 (-2 to all if charging is possible)
    HP 36/36
    Rage 2/3 (Round 1/7)
    Size 10x10 ft.
    Range 10 ft.

Spoiler
    Show
    ((OOC: Nice to have see you guys again. I was already wondering about this, since usually youre both pretty active posters. I use a simple trick to avoid mishaps like this... I open all my active games & ooc's in seperate tabs (This requires a multitab browser. I use Opera, but FF should work just as good.) and then I refresh each one once a day. Oh and... thanks for the enlarge person. ))

The Half-orc looks slightly puzzled as he gets hit by arcane energy sent from Kothrag and his size suddenly doubles. A split secound later though, he refocusses at the zombie(s) threatening him and his companions and rushes toward the undead with his greatclub, letting out a furious scream.
    Spoiler
    Show
    If possible:
    Attack - (1d20+9)[14]+1 (inspire courage) = 15 (3 base, +6 new str mod (23), +1 weapon, -1 size large) Add +2 to the result if a charge is possible.
    Damage - (2d8+10)[18]+1 (inspire courage) = 19 (6 str mod x1,5 = 9, +1 weapon)
    Last edited by #Raptor; 2008-03-06 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Added the bonus from Inspire Courage

29. - Top - End - #119
    Pixie in the Playground

Tinaldomurn
    HP: 18/18 AC: 17/13/15 Int: 15

Not seeing his actual participation as necessary, Tinaldomurn stayed back as he dropped his sword and snapped his fingers to summon a violin. He began to play a quick, and making his music pick up a little in what he hoped was a courageous tune.

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't have the book in front of me, but if I need to make a check:
    (1d20+9)[10]

30. - Top - End - #120
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    sorry for the time I have a lot of work to do...

Initiative other:
    Rhadamanthys
    Zombie!!! (5)
    Kroatan
    Tinaldomurn
    Jérémy
    Kargin

Rhadamanthys attacks one of the animated guard body and injures hit, same a those who burn by the divine power of Kargin. Angry, the dead monsters respond and try to hit Rhadamanthys and the giant half-orc. But the two who attack the kobold miss their target and only two of three touch Kroatan.

The barbarian crushs one of the undead and pulverize him with his darkwood greatclub. Some of dead human skin scatter in the graveyard and on the aventurer, one piece of skin goes on Jérémy nose... and he screams of surprise.

The little red hairs wizard takes one book in his bags and searchs for one spell... "I got it!" He said with fun on his childish voice. "Prepare for the ice ball strike zombies of abyss, same no undead really leave theire... Scare my conjuration magic!" A ice blue ball appears on his finger's extremity with a frost mist around it. He takes a swing and throws the magic sphere on the undead after Kroatan. The orb of cold hit the zomby and freezes him. The frozen undead start to crack and falls on billion of cold dead's piece... Jérémy start to jump on place and sream his victory... "Yey! I kill one of those monsters! Three left! Let's go everyone!

Spoiler
    Show
    Krotan lost 13 hp...