New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Giantslayer: The Hill Giant's Pledge [IC]

"Ohh, yes, yes, of course," says Galakhar, now speaking at normal volume again. "The ancient hematomantic art of suppuration."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar looks at Galakhar with a clear look of confusion… ”What do blood or pus have to do with… You’re having me on, aren’t you…”Rolling his eyes he crosses back to Grishnak and looks at him with intensity in his gaze… “Who suggested this to you?”

Spoiler: Technical Information
    Show
    SA: Using his formed veil he attempts to counter the charmed effect.
    Can I have a Mountain Dew? Where are the Cheetos?

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

3. - Top - End - #243

Whatever mystical effect Aasgar was going for ... failed.

But that's okay, the demanding shift and intense gaze of a drake-killing dwarf is too much for the nerve of the half-orc and he says quietly. "There's a stowaway in the pump room. A woman. Maybe she might now? Yes, I think she might now."

"Thank you, Gashnakh, get some sleep now and heal," says Galakhar. Once he guides Aasgar away from the charmed half-orc he says, "Let us check in the morning, not tonight, that Gharmez may enjoy the festivities. Perhaps not tell the captain tonight, either. Captains are ornery and usually more immediate than is tactical when it comes to stowaways."
    11APR2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Demons Revisited (2013, Jacobs).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar nods his agreement to the wisdom of this statement and moves off with Galakhar and leaving Gashedlip to his own devices.

"People should not believe everything they read on the internet." ~ Abraham Lincoln

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." ~ Gandalf the Grey

5. - Top - End - #245

When you get back to the captain and the coxswain, who are barely maintaining consciousness, Galakhar says, "Results inconclusive as someone else might have had an opportunity to poison. We will continue investigation in the morning."

Aasgar, what do you do now?
    Show

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

As they are moving off, Aasgar suggests posting a subtle watch on the pump room.

7. - Top - End - #247

"I'll do it," says Galakhar. "You get some rest. I'll beseech Gharmez to prepare a lesser restoration for me in the morning. The others have already gone to bed, and no need for two of us to be tired."
    Show

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar looks at Gharmez curiously but shrugs. ”Thats very kind of you. I’ll check on Abenor first. You’re quite sure? I’m happy to at least take a shift.”

Show
    Sense Motive on Gharmez.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gharmez, waking from an agonizing slumber, notices the note written in Galakhar's familiar pen... "Lesser Restoration". Suspecting that more than just one will require aid, she prepares the spell as much as she can.

Spoiler: Spell Info
    Show

When able:
    Prepare 4 Lesser Restoration spells in the CL2 slots.
    For the CL1 slots, she prepares Protection From Evil, Detect Evil, Air Bubble, Sanctuary, and Comprehend Languages
    For the RA1 slot, she prepares Longstrider

10. - Top - End - #250

Galakhar waves off Aasgar, and Abenor has entered his sleep for healing purposes, as has most the camp, and Galakhar goes onboard to conduct his watch.

Moonday, 15 Pharast 4715 AR (Waning Crescent)
    Weather: 75 / 55 F. Heavy rain. No wind.

The morning brings misery, because the rain is hammering hard as the group is on the edges of the Ghostlight Marsh. Strangely, the rain is knocking the humidity out of the air, so it shouldn't get to be too stuffy today.

Gharmez woke briefly the night before, then simply rolled over again because she wasn't feeling well. This morning that feeling (sickened) continues. She sees Galakhar's request before he gets a chance to say it, and gets right to prayers to lend succor to the group, taking an hour as needed.

Galakhar will come to her after that time, asking for lesser restoration to overcome his fatigue for keeping watch all night.
    Gharmez, will you give it to him?

Aasgar, time to reshape those veils and discover ....
    Spoiler: Akashic Explorations
    Show
    Feeling a little hotheaded and peevish from what really ended up being an annoyance more than anything significantly dangerous, Aasgar shapes the Gloves of the Lashing Elements as before, but this time with fire.
    Spoiler: Unlock
    Show
    Unlock Fire as an element with these gloves.

He didn't realize there was actually a lower hold, though. He thought he saw everything. Knowing that while he's fine others might have issues with ready light, his mental explorations fashion light chains dotted with glowing motes of light that wrap themselves around his wrists, faintly chiming and glittering as he moves.
    Show
    Unlocked Minor Veil Wrists: Bangles of Roving Light, the akashic version of dancing lights.

He tries to reform that cool tabard that seemed like a Rolodex of several powers, but his own knowledge that he has a "target" that must be hunted affects his meditations. He creates energy about his shoulders, unseen to the naked eye, from which he may transmit that energy to a foe. In doing so, you can sense the area around a creature you "brand" with this ability, though investing energy into it makes them aware of your power.
    Spoiler: Unlocked
    Show
    Unlocked Shoulders: Watchful Spirit.

Finally, from the depths of your heart and soul, you have the power to reach out and crush the minds of your enemies with a cone of disruptive mental energy!
    Show

Aasgar, do you change your guaranteed and/or withheld maneuvers?
    Show

11. - Top - End - #251
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gharmez wakes briefly to cast her healing on Galakhar. "If anyone else needs similar attention, please send them to me," she says weakly, then lies back down attempting to sleep off the sick.

Spoiler: Casting Info
    Show

Cast Restoration, Lesser on Galakhar
    If anyone else comes for help, she will cast the same on them, with the party members getting priority.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by lostsole31 View Post
    Aasgar, do you change your guaranteed and/or withheld maneuvers?

No. Aasgar will not change any maneuvers.

13. - Top - End - #253

Galakhar, now refreshed, "I appreciate the positive energy stimulant, my lady. But we have news, and we may have need of your continued services, if Abadar would approve. Something about a stowaway ... and as stowaways are those who refuse to pay passage for the service of transit, surely that should enliven thee. Let me see you that I may judge your current wellness."

Galakhar does a basic check on Gharmez. "Too late to administer soothe syrup, which is a preventative only, not a purgative. Cici? Does your herbalism help? She is no longer poisoned, but her body suffers significant imbalance in the humors from that sedative."

Cici looks over Gharmez as well and says, "Actually, yes. Gharmez, I want you to take this leaf-wrapped herbal mash."

Gharmez, do you take said item that she proffers?
    Show

14. - Top - End - #254
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Nothing like a good salad for breakfast," Gharmez says as she sniffs the small bundle of leaves and half smiles at Cici. "I am thinking that there was a spell that could help these symptoms, but the name escapes me."

She swallows the medicine, then suddenly looks at Galakahr, "Wait... did you say purgative?!?"

15. - Top - End - #255

While there is some GI distress as her stomach is awakened by the mash, and Gharmez DOES need to visit the Little Girl's Shrub, afterwards she feels fine, and is no longer sickened.

Now what?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar goes to find the others after his morning routine and says,"Good morning, my friends. I trust you are all well rested and ready for the day? I was pondering how he’s to resolve this situation and I think that it would be bad to have more than 2 of us to find the stowaway, but not bad to have some for backup nearby as this person obviously wishes harm upon us. That being said, I think myself and Galakhar should go and try to detain them whilst the others be nearby and ready in case they get past us. Sound reasonable?"
    Last edited by BuckGodot; 2023-04-14 at 08:12 AM.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Sensible," replies Gharmez. "I think I was asleep for the part identifying where this zaloo is hiding. How many exits are there to that compartment?"

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

"I believe", says Aasgar, "That we will need the aid of the coxswain in this."

19. - Top - End - #259

As the heroes are having their private confab .... lest we forget what we're about ... the captain calls all hands to station the maneuvering watch, and from the keelboat orders the heroes ... who are lagging behind because of their morning routines ... to hurry aboard and report to him.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #260
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gharmez asks Aasgar, "Is the Captain not aware of the rat hiding in his hold?"

21. - Top - End - #261

Galakhar has his usual grin on him, but as soon as Gharmez asks that, something vital leaves ... and a grin without vital force is either scary, comical, or just plain disturbing. And then he swallows hard.

"Uhhh, you see," he begins to demur, "see, we only have hearsay about a stowaway, no actual proof of one, and I sneaked into a smuggler's hold the captain never showed us and watched all night - that's why I needed the magic this morning. Now, I feel that the cook may be right that there could be a stowaway in this hold, but I didn't want to alarm the captain. Yeah, that. I, uh, I mean, we - right Aasgar? Right. We ... didn't want to alarm the captain with hearsay."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar looks at Galakhar oddly and then back to Gharmez raising his eyebrows and giving a subtle nod in Galakhars direction before speaking.

"We did find that the chef had been charmed but I was able to overcome that, I believe. I trust that Galakhar was thorough. Let's leave it at that for now. Galakhar, why don't you go let the captain know we're preparing to go and we'll take our stations? Gharmez, a word, if I might?"

Show
    Sense motive on Gal followed by Diplomacy.

23. - Top - End - #263

Spoiler: Aasgar
    Show
    It's as simple as Gharmez asked a simple question ... and Galakhar feels - too late, in hindsight - that perhaps first thing this morning the captain should have been notified.
    Galakhar nods and heads off to chat with the skipper while Aasgar speaks to Gharmez.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #264
    Dwarf in the Playground

Gharmez has a puzzled look, which is not uncommon when Galakhar attempts to explain things to her. She watches him leave and then turns her attention to Aasgar, pausing to look around for eavesdroppers. "What is it that you wish to tell me, my friend?"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar leans in close before speaking and says, ”You know him better than I, but… well… I suspect that Galakhar may have succumbed to a charm or control spell. I have no proof of this… but his behaviour in this issue seems… odd? What say you?”

26. - Top - End - #266
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Perhaps," she says quietly back to Aasgar, "or perhaps Galakhar is not looking forward to telling the captain that he not only knows of the smugglers' hold, but broken into it."

After a couple moments of pondering, Gharmez says, "I think I will pay the captain a visit myself, in case Gal needs some moral support."

She puts her hand on Aasgar's shoulder in a reassuring gesture and then starts walking towards the bridge.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

Aasgar shrugs and decides to tag along.

28. - Top - End - #268

The captain is on the forecastle, shouting orders to the coxswain, who in turn is calling commands to the "tenders" on each side with lines going to horses as the gird the horses for pulling the keelboat up the River Esk.

The two of you get to the captain, and Galakhar is standing by.

The captain is actually embarrassed, it seems ... kind of like the time a girallon burst out of a space at the back of the ship and he had to tell you he was smuggling a beast.

"Er, so, yeah," he begins. "I have a hatch below ... one that your funny-hatted feller seems to have found. Mind you, it's perfectly legal ... it goes to a pumproom for bailing water. Every ship has a hold, you know. Anyways, Gilliker tells me the cook was likely charmed by a stowaway that's hiding down there? 'zat right?"
    Show

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

RangerGuy

”That seems to be the case. Although it’s difficult to tell from someone under another’s power. Given that this person attempted to poison us all, how would you like to handle it? It is your boat, after all.” Aasgar replies.

30. - Top - End - #270

"Well, you aren't skylarking here! I put your man Kurst to work since he's really good with the horses. He's my port side supervisor for the puller. I and the coxswain are busy. Girallon just got a fresh dose of tranq so it won't give you no trouble. And, uh, it seems your old valet can show you how to get there ... don't need my help," says the Captain while calling out orders. "Bring that stowaway up here, and we'll find out what's what .... alive, preferably."
    Show