New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown OOC XV

Well, that was fun. Can we do another one?

Guess we should all be pleased the Sieghard and co didn't release any Nurglings back in Nath though. That could have been...messy.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    Jarla's acing all these tests to resist Chaos. Are we sure she doesn't have a bit of halfling blood in her?
    That's one tall halfling!

(Come to think of it Adelbert seemed to ace rolls against Chaos too. Maybe it is genetic)

No more rolls - that's 1 successful exorcism (succexorcism?). Over to you guys - I imagine you may want to have a bit of a debrief before moving on from this scene!

Once you're ready, I'll be looking to move on to the following morning, and I'll need a bit of direction about who's going on to Morr's Seat, and who (if anybody) is returning back east.
    Jarla probably should go back home (and she definitely intends to go soon) but I think she'd like to go with Wadim for a bit. She's been through the wringer spiritually and needs to work through a few things godswise.

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Well, that was fun. Can we do another one?

Guess we should all be pleased the Sieghard and co didn't release any Nurglings back in Nath though. That could have been...messy.
    Yikes...
    Last edited by RossN; 2023-05-05 at 01:46 PM.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Well, luckily we were in the other building by the time Nahorek showed up or else we might've. Probably would've been just as hard to get rid of any of the Grandfather's children, but the smell would've been much harder to banish.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Bardhyl will be going to Morr's Seat and bringing his crew with him unless they strongly object.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Well, luckily we were in the other building by the time Nahorek showed up or else we might've. Probably would've been just as hard to get rid of any of the Grandfather's children, but the smell would've been much harder to banish.
    Now this is reasonably in the past I can safely admit that i'm actually pretty glad we got the tzeentchian. Being framed for witchcraft is one thing but we couldn't have talked our way out of a plague.

6. - Top - End - #396

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Now this is reasonably in the past I can safely admit that i'm actually pretty glad we got the tzeentchian. Being framed for witchcraft is one thing but we couldn't have talked our way out of a plague.
    Since it's safely in the past I can safely admit Adelbert definitely saw Tshula (in her human look) through rose tinted spectacles and I doubt he would have felt that way about a Herald of Nurgle!

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

I suspect Jarla is going to need to be wearing gloves from now on. What with having the Mark of Tzeentch burned into her hand and wrist, renewed accusations of witchcraft would certainly seem to be a possibility.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Titan in the Playground

I forgot to do this when I first saw it but: AK Necromancy test to interpret the vision: (1d100)[57] vs 48

I'd like to use my last fortune point today for a +10 on that please.
    Last edited by LeSwordfish; 2023-05-06 at 04:31 PM.

9. - Top - End - #399

BlackDragon

I suspect Jarla is going to need to be wearing gloves from now on. What with having the Mark of Tzeentch burned into her hand and wrist, renewed accusations of witchcraft would certainly seem to be a possibility.
    Especially since she didn't even get any magical powers... uh... not that she was hoping for any. Nope.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Titan in the Playground

Rolling Perception for Sforza against Sieghard's Charm: (1d100)[41]

I forgot to do this when I first saw it but: AK Necromancy test to interpret the vision
    Ludo recognises the mountain in his vision as matching the descriptions he's read of Nagashizzar - the stronghold from which Nagash poisoned the lands of Nehekhara, and enacted his great ritual to enslave their people in death.
    Last edited by LCP; 2023-05-07 at 05:10 AM.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

11. - Top - End - #401

BlackDragon

I know we're on a mission and I'm sure Jarla wasn't looking forward to a fraught conversation but I was hoping for a bit of a personal reaction from her friends (even a 'we'll have to talk about this later'). I mean she even hugged Ludo.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Perhaps her friends are mulling over an appropriate response right now? Or at least working on an IC post for tomorrow?

13. - Top - End - #403
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RossN View Post
    I know we're on a mission and I'm sure Jarla wasn't looking forward to a fraught conversation but I was hoping for a bit of a personal reaction from her friends (even a 'we'll have to talk about this later'). I mean she even hugged Ludo.
    Sorry about that, I've been on vacation and then I fell sick, so I could only do the bare minimum of roleplaying lately. Perhaps we can have a more personal convo after we've climbed down the mountain. Anyway, Elsa feels very bad about not noticing the daemon's presence, given her ability to sense magic.

He looked back to the cooling ashes of the fire, and drew his cloak close around his shoulders. Without its warmth, the mountaintop was bitterly cold.
    Aww, did Tshula put out Elsa's inextinguishable fire? That's not very nice of her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

14. - Top - End - #404

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by -Sentinel- View Post
    Sorry about that, I've been on vacation and then I fell sick, so I could only do the bare minimum of roleplaying lately. Perhaps we can have a more personal convo after we've climbed down the mountain. Anyway, Elsa feels very bad about not noticing the daemon's presence, given her ability to sense magic.

Aww, did Tshula put out Elsa's inextinguishable fire? That's not very nice of her.
    It's fine I understand and that would be cool.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Titan in the Playground

Could someone clarify for me what Wadim means by "they called him"? I'm not sure where that fits into the timeline as I understand it.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I tried. Sorry that it may have just made things worse.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

My understanding: In Raven Hills lore, the vrani had been reconquering the Reaches from the Nehekarans, which caused them to summon Nahorek. Elsa and the rest of you are telling Wadim and Bardhyl that he's actually a Nehekaran vampire and not a literal divine agent. So the question is why he heeded their call for aid - what's in it for him and Nagash?

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I tried. Sorry that it may have just made things worse.
    Lying really isn't Sieghard's strong suit!

Hopefully the news that we killed the wyvern will put Sforza in a better mood.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

The news that you went running off into the mountains for reasons you can't explain without making him angrier and (from his perspective) endangered his magical assets by picking a fight with a wyvern will put him in a better mood?

And in Sieghard's defense, if he had just stood by and let him have Sanne's tongue cut out, he would've succeeded in at least getting her out of the dungeon. I just didn't expect him to make the jump from "Rorik has silver? I want silver" to "Elsa is somehow behind all of this" and at that point, I only saw three options. Say she was, which would make him mad; Say she wasn't, which he wouldn't believe; Or play dumb and act like Sieghard has no clue what relevance Elsa had to any of what was discussed, which didn't work, but still seemed like the best choice of the three.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

My understanding: In Raven Hills lore, the vrani had been reconquering the Reaches from the Nehekarans, which caused them to summon Nahorek. Elsa and the rest of you are telling Wadim and Bardhyl that he's actually a Nehekaran vampire and not a literal divine agent. So the question is why he heeded their call for aid - what's in it for him and Nagash?
    Ah, okay - so the first time Nahorek turns up is because he was called by the Nehekarans to defeat the Vrani?

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Also a SL: History or Necromancy test for whatever the answer to my question IC turns out to be: how does the Vrani's timescale work out with Nahorek's claim to be a child-in-darkness of W'soran - i.e. could this have been when Nahorek was first created? (1d100)[24]

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Ah, okay - so the first time Nahorek turns up is because he was called by the Nehekarans to defeat the Vrani?
    That's my understanding of what the vrani think. The background document I'm working from has a time period in the Imperial Calendar for when this happened, but for the vrani it's in the mythical past, so Bardhyl can't easily translate it into IC years.

Actually, re-reading the document, the vrani do believe that Nahorek had his own land "far to the south" but after "he consumed it due to his own greedy and insatiable nature" he came north to take the Raven Hills from Morr (still at the behest of the invading Nehekarans though).

23. - Top - End - #413
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, the Raven Hills legends about the Jackal don't have defined dates assigned to them - they're more like the story of the siege of Troy, it just happened 'a long time ago'.

Ludo knows from his studies that the rough date that Nehekhara fell was around -1200 IC, ~3700 years before the present day.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

The news that you went running off into the mountains for reasons you can't explain without making him angrier and (from his perspective) endangered his magical assets by picking a fight with a wyvern will put him in a better mood?
    He seems to care little what Elsa is up to these days, so long as she doesn't stir up trouble. And at least this time she wasn't "chasing shadows".

I just didn't expect him to make the jump from "Rorik has silver? I want silver" to "Elsa is somehow behind all of this"
    Mauro is Sforza's man. He may have told him that Elsa has visited Sanne before.

Anyway, I do appreciate the attempt to do something about Sanne, even if it failed.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2023-05-11 at 03:31 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Mauro is Sforza's man. He may have told him that Elsa has visited Sanne before.
    He doesn't really need anyone to tell him - he knows Elsa is interested in Sanne because she said so when Sanne was brought in, in front of the whole court. It's why he sent her away from Savonne in the first place.
    Last edited by LCP; 2023-05-12 at 04:22 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry for the lack of updates lately everyone - a combination of my brother getting married, a job application and a bit of a crisis at work. Should be getting back on the GM horse shortly.

I'm figuring there's nothing stopping the main group from moving ahead to Morr's Seat, since it seems everyone now wants to go. What are Sieghard's plans?
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Congrats to your brother.

Sieghard really doesn't have much to do at the moment. He'll probably linger around Savonne another day or two and find a messenger for Elsa's bodyguard like she asked, but then he's heading back to Painford.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

If anyone wants the original IC intro to Morr's Seat to help picture the place, it's here.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

29. - Top - End - #419
    Titan in the Playground

Ludo raised his hat politely, uncertain what an attorney was.
    lol, Elsa didn't actually say that, it was just an OOC joke (hence why I put it under a spoiler tag). Sorry about the confusion!

I'm re-reading Elsa's first visit to Morr's seat, and it turns out there's a local man who's also called Orso. Hopefully we don't meet him again, or things will get confusing.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2023-05-24 at 09:52 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

lol, Elsa didn't actually say that, it was just an OOC joke (hence why I put it under a spoiler tag). Sorry about the confusion!
    Sorry, the non-sequitur stands. Ludo has a rich inner life and a lot of time for his mind to wander