New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: Defenders of the District (MSH) IC

Lisa's breath is almost her last as she takes in more poison than she breathes out. With very little oxygen left in her system, Fury moves past Bolt and impacts the sealed door. It caves in a large amount and there is a sudden hiss of escaping air as the seal is broken. One more punch will likely destroy the door.

Bolt, on the verge of passing out, dangles from the ladder, too weak to move and not daring to take a breath. He sees pinpoints of light above, either freedom or the angels coming to take him to Heaven.

Spoiler: Mutant Dragon only
    Show
    AGR gets a better response as the 911 call center is flooded with desperate callers relaying the situation. There is still zero communication with the drone or his teammates in WV and the villains successfully batter down the door and back the van up to it. "Unplug everything and load the hardware in the van. Then we open the gas valve and torch the place," says a scrawny man in an accent that AGR can't quite place.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lisa/Fury

Fury's vision is half-clouded with frustration and rage, the burning poison seeping across her skin and into her lungs only serving to piss her off even more, as the towering, red-skinned...'woman', gripped the ladder with one large fist, roared her defiance and brought her other one up to smash the door off its hinges, her shoulder and back behind her blow to reinforce its power.
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Bolt is on the verge of passing out, which he knows will likely be the end of him, when Fury blasts past and hammers at the exit. As the door buckles, Bolt tries to get up to the top of the ladder again so that he can get a bit of clean air before he dies. He stays out of Fury's way, though, so that she can continue to break the party out of the now evident trap.

4. - Top - End - #154

DwarfClericGuy

As Bolt and Fury lie in the snow gasping for fresh, clean, mountain air, AGR-01 starts to move again.
    "Signal reacquired. Determining location and situation." It begins scanning the area. "How are we above ground now? Are you ill? There is a situation at headquarters. Armed men are inside and appear to be stealing my hardware."

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lisa/Fury

Fury's towering, ruby-figure grunted and spat out a lugnful of burning vapor. Rolling over onto her knee's and standing up swiftly, her head spun about with a murderous expression in search of some unseen enemy, only to find none were available.

Panting.

Exhaling.

Fury's towering figure slowly rescinded, drawing in upon itself as the features shifted and changed back into Lisa's, leaving her standing there, clothes' torn, panting heavily.

Swallowing, "...armed men? Back home?" she asked, eyes widening.

"How do we get back quickly enough?!"
    "Of all the words by tongue and pen, by far the saddest are "I could have been...""

"The first rule of success is to have a vision. You see if you don’t have a vision of where you are going, if you don’t have a goal for where to go, you’ll drift around and never end up anywhere...can you imagine a majority of people don't know where they are going? I knew where I was going!” – Arnold Schwarzenegger

6. - Top - End - #156

DwarfClericGuy

We can fly back the way we came, offers Bolt.
    "I have called the police multiple times and they are arriving shortly, but their response is not what it normally is, statistically." - AGR

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lisa/Fury

Lisa could nothing but wait for the flight to get her to their HQ. She couldn't fly, she couldn't drop down to the ground and run, she couldn't hitch another ride - all she could do was wait impatiently, looking about as best she could and stay up to date with her phone.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Lisa/Fury

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Genius View Post
    Bolt and AGR scoop up Lisa as before and fly as quickly as possible back toward DC. AGR gives a play-by-play of the events at the "secret hideout" as they fly.

"Multiple people have entered the headquarters. MPD is on the scene, but are receiving instructions to fall back despite being fired upon. Now they are being told to return to base, but they are hesitating because no one else has arrived to secure the situation. Lisa, if they leave, the thieves will take everything and possibly I will fall from the sky. What should we do?"

You are still 30 minutes away.

Lisa could only stare at her phone in utter frustration. A deep-seated part of her wanted to transform into Fury and simply bound recklessly across the landscape, leaping and catapulting herself up and over any obstacle and clearing vast swathes of land at a time. But she knew that should she enter the city perimeter in such an...aggravated state of mind, there was no telling how easily she would become distracted.

And so, she simply had to be patient.

"Told to return to base? What the - ?!?!"

Lisa's next set of words were drowned out by the howling wind and the speed with which the trio passed through the atmosphere.

"Set up a perimeter at least so they cannot escape you useless f - !!!!"

That damn wind again swooped by once more to render Lisa as mouthing furiously, but with no sound to her words.

9. - Top - End - #159

DwarfClericGuy

AGR tries to relay Lisa's suggestion, but seems to get nothing but static. Clearly something suspicious is going on technologically.

A few minutes later, AGR seems to turn off entirely and falls from the sky. Bolt manages to hang on to Lisa, but your progress is definitely slowed even if you leave the drone behind.

Lisa, do you want to choose the next action?