New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Helnith: Assault on the Town of Ash (OoC)

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomes2169 View Post
    Also! Updooting the pokemon wishlist, because I can't keep it consistent for more than 4 months. That would be illegal.

• First and foremost: A member of the Rowlet line... which will be replacing my Snivy line slot. While I do love Serperior's design and it's decently tanky, the move list leaves a lot to be desired. Meanwhile the owl can fly around and eventually gets ghost typing and a good selection of moves to choose from.
    • A multi-stage dragon type pocketmanz except for the Deino line. Because dragons are cool, m'kay? But Deino takes so insanely long to evolve that we'll be in our 50's before it even reaches its second stage.
    • Lucario is still actually a really cool pokemon, and apparently they're telepathic... but with aura instead of psychic stuff. So they talk to people's souls/ fighting spirit??? Just a neat pokemon. I know that Mina has a Riolu, but you know what's better than one magic talking dog? Two kung-fu action magic talking dogs. Heck yeah.
    • A shiny Rayquaza would be neat. They have Rayquazas in Helnith, right? Their legends mentioned the Eon pokemon, so at least one Latios and Latias has been in the area. That means it's not a massive stretch that the sky snake dragon would be here too, right? Right. The leader of Bandra has a legendary, so it would only be fair if we got one too, to balance it out.
    The Dungeon Master still calls dibs on Mewtwo.

Re: Riolu, if you guys ever make an arrangement with a Breeder/get a Daycare Center up and running again, I'll arrange for Mina to get Dubba/Tiara back so you can breed some duplicates of the species the party already has if you like. Of course you'd have to hatch the eggs in that case but oh look, the DMPC's Houndoom just got an Ability that halves hatch times in addition to its other perks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ruby34 View Post
    . . . Does this jeep even have a trunk? (Now requesting a picture of something close to our model of jeep.)
    It has a small amount of trunk space (yes you can fit the Stunky in) but it's not closed off from the rest of the vehicle. I've been assuming the gas can is there presently. In a pinch you could fold the rear seats down and have a bit more storage space, but then you're minus the use of the seats.

So, fun pedantic fact! I think it's actually that Bandra number two that has a legendary Pokemon. So far I think the only Pokemon we know Selene has are a Tyranitar and a Bronzong (and I think only Mina knows about the Bronzong?). That's not to say she doesn't have a legendary, just that if she does we don't know about it.
    At some point the party should probably sit down and have a conversation about Selene's Pokémon, yes. Along with Mina's research and many other things.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Soooo, important, if potentially somewhat awkward, question that I feel like needs an answer here sooner or later: Gorman dropped out of the game, but Matt is still an important person in a lot of the current party plans, and he has important items like the (nearly empty but still) time flute. Are we going to treat him like an NPC for now, someone we can contact and work with, or should we just assume he isn't available IC or...?

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ogre in the Playground

Soooo, important, if potentially somewhat awkward, question that I feel like needs an answer here sooner or later: Gorman dropped out of the game, but Matt is still an important person in a lot of the current party plans, and he has important items like the (nearly empty but still) time flute. Are we going to treat him like an NPC for now, someone we can contact and work with, or should we just assume he isn't available IC or...?
    I’ve got a plan to write him out once the party is done with the current mission. I just haven’t addressed it IC yet because everyone is a bit busy there.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Sounds good! Whole thing came up because I was trying to remember who had the time flute, and when I remembered it was Matt I figured I should ask how we're running that before just having Mark shoot a message off to him.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

Ready. Less should do something to take care of himself here, but that's not goung to happen.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Cue Mark throwing water bottles directly at Less' face until he drinks some FREAKING WATER. Gosh darn it Less, falling into the trap of all professional streamers.

Nothing to add on my end, though. Considered sending Sengar with Buck to roar from another direction, but... the dark type isn't as fast so he'd get left behind and, knowing him, it would have ended with Mina needing new rib braces somehow. Why do all of my pokemon hate Mina, Kareeah? What has your poor DMPC done to deserve this fate?

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Why do all of my pokemon hate Mina, Kareeah? What has your poor DMPC done to deserve this fate?
    Because she's the DMPC, that in and of itself is sufficient crime.
    Show

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    Because she's the DMPC, that in and of itself is sufficient crime.
    Well, she can take comfort in the fact that none of Less's Pokemon seen to dislike her. Yet.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, she can take comfort in the fact that none of Less's Pokemon seen to dislike her. Yet.
    I give it until literally the next pokemon you catch.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

I give it until literally the next pokemon you catch.
    That could be only a couple posts away! And shadowed Pokemon don't count. They hate everyone.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

That could be only a couple posts away! And shadowed Pokemon don't count. They hate everyone.
    Even when unshadowed, it will turn out that the pokemon is from Johto and that Mina stepped on its tail when she was like, 5. It's a vendetta that has had time to be nurtured.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

Well in that case, Mark's Ariados doesn't count either! He hates (almost) everyone too!

EDIT: Also, copy and pasted Pinklady's move notes, plus the data for the homebrew moves. Yell if anything looks off!
    Last edited by Kareeah_Indaga; 2023-07-17 at 06:41 PM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariados is filled with exactly as much love and mercy as one would expect from a spider... which is to say, literally none.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariados is filled with exactly as much love and mercy as one would expect from a spider... which is to say, literally none.
    Spoiler: Spoder
    Show

How could you say that about such a sweet and cuddly little creature. You've hurt his feelings.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Show

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Spoder
    Show

How could you say that about such a sweet and cuddly little creature. You've hurt his feelings.
    Those eyes are compounded to focus exclusively on murder. That right there is a jumping spider, and it hunts instead of lurking to make webs.

That little monster is tripling my energy bill and eating all of my brand-new batteries.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Those eyes are compounded to focus exclusively on murder. That right there is a jumping spider, and it hunts instead of lurking to make webs.
    It hunts all manner of nasty things, like flies and cockroaches. He's keeping you and your house safe, and this is how you thank him. Tsk, tsk.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Those poor poor flies and cockroaches...

Also, I've found that one of the best parts of having a character with a name like Pinklady is a surge of amusement upon seeing their titular food at the supermarket.

Also also, I got an opportunity to drive a jeep, offroad, just yesterday... really good for immersion! (Ignore the fact that Pinklady isn't with the bunch who are with the Jeep. I didn't end up driving through any fire, either!)

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by essCee View Post
    Also, I've found that one of the best parts of having a character with a name like Pinklady is a surge of amusement upon seeing their titular food at the supermarket.
    Your supermarkets must be WAY more exciting than mine!

Also also, I got an opportunity to drive a jeep, offroad, just yesterday...
    Oh cool!

I didn't end up driving through any fire, either!
    And glad to hear it! I hope you didn’t lose any tires either.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Those poor poor flies and cockroaches...
    Their deaths are just and proper, because they are icky.

I'm still deeply looking forward to the day someone manages to successfully ask where the name Pinklady came from.

Also also, I got an opportunity to drive a jeep, offroad, just yesterday... really good for immersion! (Ignore the fact that Pinklady isn't with the bunch who are with the Jeep. I didn't end up driving through any fire, either!)
    Look, if Bandra had taken care of those tires they would have been totally fine!
    Last edited by Lord Ruby34; 2023-07-18 at 08:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, Less and Mark keep thinking about ambushing Bandra from above... but since Jessia is a ghost type, can't she technically sink into the earth and do that creepy "pop out of the ground behind you" thing that ghosts do in literally every horror movie? We could totally make destroying this Bandra patrol into a slasher flick. We just need play the right music on the radio to set the mood and-

Wait. No one in the jeep has a CD for the Nightmare on Elm Street soundtrack. Curses! We could have made it so spooky!

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

You know, Less and Mark keep thinking about ambushing Bandra from above... but since Jessia is a ghost type, can't she technically sink into the earth and do that creepy "pop out of the ground behind you" thing that ghosts do in literally every horror movie? We could totally make destroying this Bandra patrol into a slasher flick. We just need play the right music on the radio to set the mood and-

Wait. No one in the jeep has a CD for the Nightmare on Elm Street soundtrack. Curses! We could have made it so spooky!
    Oooh, that would have been good. Still, it looks like we got them.

Also, Buck!

23. - Top - End - #473
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

I'm still deeply looking forward to the day someone manages to successfully ask where the name Pinklady came from.
    I'm glad you are! I'm looking forward to further opportunities to throw around more bits of her background. :)

AHAH I have no idea how I haven't found out about this drink before, especially since I love to go for pink things.

Fortunately not... but it sure felt like it might lose something at a few points... I got a bit gutsy with the terrain I drove on...

EDIT: Also, lol at the amount of q's I had to dump about battle mechanics. This is Pinklady's first really intense and non-regulated fight, I think!
    Last edited by essCee; 2023-07-19 at 08:01 PM.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Just making sure I understand the houserule stuff correctly; Stef's Anorith was doing the Intercept option, which can be done in addition to a regular action (in this case, item use), right?
    That was actually just the DM fluffing Stef using the Super Potion and using Anorith’s action to do it.

And that, similarly, what I chose for Whirlywhirly - Defense Curl + Intercept for Stef - is perfectly fine? (And that the Defense Curl and the Intercept both have a half chance to fail? (And and that it'll be even worse intercept chance if multiple attacks go after Stef?))
    Yes that’s fine.

Ooone more thing, there's nothing preventing Pinklady from sending out another Pokemon right now, correct? Just that doing so carries the risk that enemy multi-hit moves will have 4 instead of 3 victims, level allowing? If it is fine, Pinklady will also be sending out Croaky. (Poliwhirl)
    Yes you can do that.

AHAH I have no idea how I haven't found out about this drink before, especially since I love to go for pink things.
    If you try it let the rest of us know how it tastes.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #475
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Awesome, thanks for the clarifications! I'll edit my post to add in sending out Croaky!

And will do, re: Pinklady player Pink lady partaking report!

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

... Oh no, Bandra is the one that snuck up upon and spooked US!

And Pinklady... drown them in pokemon. Drown them in ALL of your pokemon.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Haha, it may actually be feasible to send out a couple more, especially with rain compensating for weaknesses to fire... both myself and Pinklady are waiting to see how having just the two out goes!

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

Mark apparently got the easy job.

Though, in unfortunate news: I was looking up when Lairon learns Rock Slide, and discovered that it only naturally learns that in gen 6+, so I'll have to go to a move tutor to get it on Marick (or get a TM, since you could teach it to the Aaron line with that in gen 3-5), but I noticed that Lairon learns Iron Head at level 29. Which I had the opportunity to take, but completely forgot to replace a move for it both in the IC and OoC. I blame both my general inability to read and it being the end of the year, which is two heck weeks in a row at my job.

... I could have replaced Take Down so long ago oh my gawd. And got one of the extra decent steel moves on top of that.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

New post up! As always, let me know if anything looks off/I forgot something.

Mark apparently got the easy job.
    Sure he did.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

Sure he did.
    Poor Tattersail! Is Mark near the location of the last dot that was zigging and zagging about?

(Also, was Less able to recall Buck successfully?)

EDIT: Did one of the goons call out multiple Pokemon? I ask because Mina's Cosmos got one of the goons, but they sent out the same number of Pokemon as they had out before.
    Last edited by Lord Ruby34; 2023-07-23 at 09:16 PM.