New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Helnith: Assault on the Town of Ash (OoC)

Hmm, I just had an idea/question.

What's the ratio of Pokedollars to US dollars, if there is one? Based on the prices at the restaurant it looked like one Pokedollar is about one US cent, but I'm not sure if that holds true in general.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ruby34 View Post
    Hmm, I just had an idea/question.

What's the ratio of Pokedollars to US dollars, if there is one? Based on the prices at the restaurant it looked like one Pokedollar is about one US cent, but I'm not sure if that holds true in general.
    TBH I don’t know if there is one, I’ve just been trying to keep prices in line with the handhelds (mostly) and blaming any cost irregularities for homebrew stuff on war shortages.
    Spoiler: Adventures in Helnith
    Show

3. - Top - End - #183
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
    If you mean the guy with the Naedire that Shadowed half our Pokemon, that guy was just a Taskmaster.

But the one with the Milotic was an Officer, yes.
    What's the difference in power between an officer and a Taskmaster?

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gorman View Post
    Officers are more powerful.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

TBH I don’t know if there is one, I’ve just been trying to keep prices in line with the handhelds (mostly) and blaming any cost irregularities for homebrew stuff on war shortages.
    Fair enough. I was trying to guess based on the prices you gave the others for food and drinks, but I'm not sure that leads to a coherent system either.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm guessing 5-10 levels higher than Taskmasters... maybe 15-20 if Kareeah feels like crushing my hopes and dreams. Which. Saying that. Their pokemon are at least level 80, and we are ALL DOOMED.

7. - Top - End - #187

Suddenly I don't want to play anymore... Though, I am curious how much easier the taskmaster we faced would have been....or the fight in general...had some buffoon remembered the hole in the ceiling for everyone to escape from....

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Though, I am curious how much easier the taskmaster we faced would have been....or the fight in general...had some buffoon remembered the hole in the ceiling for everyone to escape from....
    To be fair, you didn't find the hole until after the fight with the Taskmaster, so that fight wouldn't have gone any differently. The one with the hoards of Grunts after that though...
    Show

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

To be fair, you didn't find the hole until after the fight with the Taskmaster, so that fight wouldn't have gone any differently. The one with the hoards of Grunts after that though...
    *Visions of Vietnam PTSD with 5 gravelers self-destructing and unlimited rollouts*

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

That's a lot of Gravelers.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

It was a lot of very angry grunts. They were, fortunately, stuck in a doorway, so they weren't able to throw out all 30 of their pokemon at the same time, buuuut it made the suicide bomber strat more effective. I think almost all of the party pokemon were bonked by that (well, the 6-7 we could have fighting effectively). My Lapras just barely got KO'd, but the party had an NPC vespiqueen that was too tanky for god themselves to kill just kinda shrugged it off.

Defense boosts are really, really good, btw.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

It sounds like I need to go reread your old threat, because that sounds wild. I didn't realize Vespiqueen had such good defensive stats until I looked it up on Bulbapedia. Honestly, Less probably needs to get a truly tanky Pokemon. Right now my best bet is Buck being tankier than expected.

13. - Top - End - #193

After watching so much Sword Art Online I figured that having the fastest of fast pokemon where they just can't hit you would be ideal. Like.... Rattata, quick attack out of their attacks repeatedly so that they waste their time while everyone else beats them up... I watch too much anime lol I try to use some janky idea and it just doesn't work out as I hope

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, in Pokemon the second part of that is hitting them so hard that they don't get a chance to hit you back. KO'd Pokemon can't hit you back.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

@Lord Ruby34
    Yeah, I'm good concluding it there! Very good convo!

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

...did you guys know there's a character limit of 50000? Because there's a character limit of 50000.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #197
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

...did you guys know there's a character limit of 50000? Because there's a character limit of 50000.
    Oh gosh... I hope it didn't dump your post from trying to post too big

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by essCee View Post
    Oh gosh... I hope it didn't dump your post from trying to post too big
    No we're good; fortunately I write up most of my posts in Word first, both for cases like this and for spell check.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #199
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah. I don't think I've seen the character limit come up other than in the homebrew forum before.

Quick question though, I assume Mina won't be very talkative while you're on vacation. Should we avoid trying to chat with Mina for the next IRL week or so?

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Quick question though, I assume Mina won't be very talkative while you're on vacation. Should we avoid trying to chat with Mina for the next IRL week or so?
    Up to you, she just won’t be responding back until the middle of the week after next.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Up to you, she just won’t be responding back until the middle of the week after next.
    Fair enough

22. - Top - End - #202

I'LL never write that much! LOL Not in a post anyway.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Oh gosh, I didn't intentionally leave Matt off the Pinklady greeting list. (Mark and Matt both beginning with M throws me off especially since I haven't had much scene with both of them at once yet, just one of the other - so my brain ticks off "the M guy" after tackling one and forgets the other)
    gorman, would you prefer if I rolled with it and had her greet him next post, or edit my post to include such a greeting and you'd probably change your post in response?

24. - Top - End - #204

It doesn't matter to me honestly. I just....don't know what to do in character and struggle... Happened yesterday when I was at my once a month LARP event... I hate how socially awkward I am. And messing up at the Shrine of Light has me spooked to say or do anything else less I get face punched by Pellana.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Orc in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

I'm sorry to hear that. I've been there before and know firsthand it sucks aplenty to have that sort of struggle of what you can do.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

It doesn't matter to me honestly. I just....don't know what to do in character and struggle... Happened yesterday when I was at my once a month LARP event... I hate how socially awkward I am. And messing up at the Shrine of Light has me spooked to say or do anything else less I get face punched by Pellana.
    I get it too. I don't know if it'll help you, but for me Roleplaying is a safe way for me to step outside my normal comfort zone. There are no real repercussions for being wrong, or putting your foot in your mouth. I found that very freeing.

27. - Top - End - #207

I get it too. I don't know if it'll help you, but for me Roleplaying is a safe way for me to step outside my normal comfort zone. There are no real repercussions for being wrong, or putting your foot in your mouth. I found that very freeing.
    You say that NOW but you weren't responsible for the deaths of XX amount of pokemon because your doofus character never told the party about a giant hole with which to make a fighting retreat! :P Ya know who DID do that? This guy! lol #roleplayPTSD

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

You say that NOW but you weren't responsible for the deaths of XX amount of pokemon because your doofus character never told the party about a giant hole with which to make a fighting retreat! :P Ya know who DID do that? This guy! lol #roleplayPTSD
    Man, I've really got to read through your previous RPG when I get some extra free time. This sounds wild. You probably have a better story now though than if you had noticed in time. Screw ups are part of what make RPGs fun.

Story time though. I once ended up getting my entire D&D party killed because my character thought it was a good idea to fight a procession of Mushroom people. (I don't even remember why, at this point) instead of retreating. Everyone except the Monk died, and the Monk only lived because he saw the writing on the wall and ran away. Now that was a screw up. It ended up okay though, we all made new characters that got recruited by the survivor to finish the quest and avenge our old party.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

To be fair, I think only the rescued Surskit actually died, and that was in the first (unavoidable) fight.

Edit: Also, Mark thinks of Flotsam as a child... when he's 17. Almost 18 soon! As if he's so mature. Give it a few hours, and Less is going to shake his stick at all these dang kids that are in his lawn.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Akio is supposed to be in his early twenties. I was kind of ambiguous on that. And he acts younger than he really is because he had a sheltered upbringing.
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    Survived Total War: Mandate of Heaven as The Witch-Doctors
    Thrived in Empire! 7 as the Sakura-Jin