New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Shattered Star: The Asylum Stone [IC]

R2T17: Akif, clutching Myki looks to the Scribe and nods, "Scream if you need help" he suggests as he carries Myki out, double moving and getting to Iluvar.

R2T13: Sisir, do you delay, waiting for word from The Scribe? If not, what do you do?

Iluvar on deck, The Scribe in the hole ...
    18MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Towns of the Inner Sea (2013, Bauer, Bonner, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: 03-07 JUN 2024.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sisir glances at the Scribe before following Iluvar and his brother up the stairs.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGuy

Iluvar waits until he moves further up the stairs. "I think we should move further until the Scribe has disabled the rune."

Spoiler: Ready
    Show

Iluvar readies an action.
    He will move further up the stairs once there is space

4. - Top - End - #574

R3T29: Iluvar waits until he moves further up the stairs. very long passage back to the entrance. "I think we should move further until the Scribe has disabled the rune."

R3T21: ...

R3T17: Akif, do you drop out of initiative to wait on The Scribe or do something?

Sisir on deck, Iluvar in the hole ...
    18MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Towns of the Inner Sea (2013, Bauer, Bonner, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #575
    Titan in the Playground

Akif nods to Iluvar and moves a bit further away carrying Myki. A bellowed "Shout or scream we will come back for you master Scribe"...

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

He'll move away dropping out initiative until the scribe resolves his Disable attempt

Thanks to Emperor Ing for the nice Avatar

6. - Top - End - #576

Initiative dropped.

Several seconds later, you hear The Scribe call out, "It's done. Come back."

The party briefly returns to that room to be able to see each other properly to discuss what best to do next with Myki and Iluvar as they are (as the passage is just too cramped).
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2023-12-28 at 07:57 AM.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #577
    Titan in the Playground

Akif, at the shout from the scribe heads down to the chamber, still easily carrying the limp Myki. "So, what was this strange creation?" he asks gesturing at the strange pillar and the ooze. Laying Myki down carefully he presses a hand carefully to her chest and channels a spark of divine energy into her seeking to restore some of her strength

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Cast lesser restoration on Myki for (1d4)[3] stat damage back

8. - Top - End - #578

"Magical rune trap with an effect I've never seen or heard of before. Quite powerful," answers The Scribe.

Akif's spell provides 3 STR healing. Myki awakens, but she is still so weak she can barely move ... definitely not ambulatory.

"I'm surprised at the strength and will of the group that came before us. Even if someone was affected, they obviously continued on instead of falling back," remarks The Scribe. "Speaking of, we might just need to pull back for the day. That was a hell of a hit Iluvar and Myki took. Unless you have a whole lot more lesser restorations, this was just the opening act. They're not ready for the floor show."
    Show

9. - Top - End - #579

MonkGuy

Iluvar agrees, "I have never felt so weak in my life."

10. - Top - End - #580
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sisir nods, "Very well, we will return tomorrow, more prepared than we were today. Clearly this expedition below will be more difficult than we had perhaps hoped. Iluvar, if you need assistance I can certainly carry you back."
    Last edited by Qazgir; 2023-12-29 at 12:31 AM.

11. - Top - End - #581

Iluvar will need to be carried to go up that long rocky passage back to the exit.

The Scribe makes sure to call out well early so the party isn't hit by multiple magic wands, staves, and rods from the librarians camped there.

Iluvar can be set down now, but still needs to be helped (carried better), and Myki absolutely has to be carried.

Myki whispers to the party weakly. "I'm too weak to deal, but there is somebody I know who has magics that may help me and Iluvar. It won't be cheap. They'll demand to know where we went, and then they'll demand to come along for a share. That sounds like a good deal at first, but they are .... an acquired taste. They also aren't as powerful as the rest of you."
    Show

12. - Top - End - #582
    Titan in the Playground

Akif shrugs slightly, "I had no need for the jewels and magics from the alchemist's. if you associate can accept them as payment that will be fine Myki. It will not do to miss you and Iluvar fighting at our sides.". he'll happily carry Myki wherever she needs until she can get patched up more as he's out fo lesser restorative magic for the day

13. - Top - End - #583

It's all the way back to the Sorry Excuse for today, then. At that point, Myki writes something down and gives it to The Scribe and whispers something in his ear, and with his super-speed that is as yet unexplained, he zooms off back into the city, leaving Iluvar to convalesce in his room and Akif and Sisir to either keep him company or sit in the common room.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #584

Several hours later, The Scribe returns with a man ... definitely Kellid in ethnicity. His hair is wild and unkempt, and his beard looks like it might get shears to even it once a month or so. Yet, he has crisp blue and white tattoos and wears blue war paint on face, much of which does little to obscure a wide scar on the left side of his face. His clothes are unkempt and ratty, and his scythe appears to be both well made but also well-worn. The smell of decay and compost wafts around him, making him altogether unpleasant to be around. Otherwise, he is average height and of top-heavy build (5'10", 210 lbs).

The Scribe introduces him, "This is a 'composter' named Tunak. He will do what he can for Iluvar and Myki today, but the payment is that he is to go with us underneath on our foray below the Therassic Spire to see what is to be seen."
    Show

15. - Top - End - #585
    Titan in the Playground

Akif looks with interest at the man and then offers a massive meaty hand in greeting. "Well met. I am Akif, this is my brother Sisir." Glancing at the scythe and the unkempt appearance he appears slightly curious and asks, "Company of most sorts will be welcome in the depths here, they have proved treacherous for many it seems. But I would know, what does a "composter" do? Is it a job title or honourific of some kind"

16. - Top - End - #586

"Like, you want what I can do or you don't, but I don't care to know you, nor to answer the questions for you to know me. This is a job, not a social club," answers Tunak.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #587

MonkGuy

Iluvar stares at the man for a long while and says nothing.

Spoiler: crunch
    Show

Iluvar will detect the alignments of the man. He will detect law, chaos, good and evil.

Last edited by Tippnick; 2024-01-30 at 11:18 AM.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sisir raises an eyebrow, "very well, perhaps you would be willing to disclose how you fight, as we will certainly see combat before our job is done. We will of course reciprocate."

19. - Top - End - #589
    Titan in the Playground

Akif looks slightly insulted at the abrupt response from the stranger, "We must get to know each other if we are to fight togther" he glances at his brother and shrugs switching to the giant tongue, [So brother, this one is not as friendly as the others]. Then switching back to the others "Fine, if we are ready you can show us the way."

20. - Top - End - #590

"Show you the way .... where?" asks the man, annoyed. "I came here to heal two friends, and it looks that you," and here he points to Iluvar, "definitely needs that as well just looking at him, as he can barely stand. That's stuff I can do. I have magic, lots of it, but it I will spending so much on the two of them. So, that's what I can do."
    Show

21. - Top - End - #591
    Titan in the Playground

Akif

Akif breathes a heavy sigh and nods. "As you say. I apologise for the sharpness of my words. I am frustrated by the delay before heading back into the depths to investigate the ruins" . He'll wait for their allies to be healed before they can head back into the depths

22. - Top - End - #592

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    Akif - He'll wait for their allies to be healed before they can head back into the depths
    Which, given that The Scribe made the deal with Tunuak, who in turn exhausted a significant amount of fortifying and spells, won't be until tomorrow.

Anyone else?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #593

MonkGuy

Iluvar says, "Thanks for your efforts, I am pleased to make your acquaintance."

24. - Top - End - #594
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sisir will watch the newcomer tend to Iluvar before moving to the common room to relax.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Titan in the Playground

Akif

Seeing the healing going well Akif nods and joins his brother in the common room. "So brother, another day resting in an Inn. These depths seem treacherous. They have lost comrades and traps abound it seems. But it will be interesting" He'll then see to ordering a platter of food and some drinks for his brother their companions

26. - Top - End - #596

Even with healing, Iluvar will want to rest after the ordeal.

Is this the functional end-of-day for Sisir and Akif?
    Show

27. - Top - End - #597
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sisir will nod slowly before speaking, "certainly, if the first trap we encounter puts us out of commission, I shudder to think what other dangers lie ahead of us. Never the less, I expect things will go better our second time down."

Spoiler: Action!
    Show

End of Sisir's day
    Last edited by Qazgir; 2024-03-09 at 11:55 PM.

28. - Top - End - #598

Starday, 4 Gozran 4714 AR

Time to prepare for the morning.

Does anyone change anything about their daily lineups (spells, maneuvers prepared, etc.) and/or leave any equipment behind in their room?
    Show

29. - Top - End - #599

The party wakes, does morning routine, has dinner, and makes their way to the Therassic Spire.

Outside the Therassic Spire, you meet up with Tunuak who is waiting for you. As you get close to the man, the rich, pungent, cloying, almost burning scent of compost, rot, fungus, and decay overwhelms your noses.

Everyone, roll a Fort save!
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sisir wrinkles his nose, endeavoring to not pull a face at the smell.

Spoiler: Action!
    Show

Fort Save: [roll]1d20+22[/roll]
    Last edited by Qazgir; 2024-03-14 at 10:57 PM.