New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 49 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1447
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Cataclysm (AD&D Ravenloft -> PF1 Conversion) INC Thread

"Ah, okay-I don't think I've any need for those at the moment," Akla replies to the potions. "But I greatly appreciate your help with the rest of it!"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Supplies, get!

I'm good to move on. :)
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    Maybe we will learn something important from these - she said to her companions.
    "Hopefully we do. If nothing about these lands, maybe I can find a couple good recipes for us to try. You any good at cooking?" Rose asks Helen politely. Thinking further, there is another kind of 'ingredient' she could use--materials to pen a few spells from the spellbook obtained from the last battle to her own book.

Rose will seek out the shop for these materials. Enough for penning two 1st level spells and one 2nd level spells (she'll figure out where to get the time to pen the spells later. That's Future Rose's problem).
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2024-02-25 at 08:46 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grey - HP: 43\43 - Conditions: Dazzled - Active Effects: None

---------------

After the rest of the party is done with shopping, Grey looks at the sky with disdain - sun is up there and he really does not like the idea of traveling under its light. So he approaches the others and nods in a direction "Well, I would like a drink before we leave. I mean, prison time was not that bad but was still stuck there for two days without knowing if that fellow would change into a murderous beast." Grey says with a grimace "Heard there's a club inside a crystal cave here. Since we still have time to reach Skald, I say it wouldn't hurt to spend a little time there. Besides, we could ask around and see if someone knows more about this whole mess we're involved to."
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ogre in the Playground

- I am afraid I am not an expert at cooking - Helen admitted - I tried some easy recipes before, but nothing too fancy...
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

5. - Top - End - #1325

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    - I am afraid I am not an expert at cooking - Helen admitted - I tried some easy recipes before, but nothing too fancy...
    "I see," Rose says, "Then maybe we both could learn something new together on the road."

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Commando View Post
    "Well, I would like a drink before we leave. I mean, prison time was not that bad but was still stuck there for two days without knowing if that fellow would change into a murderous beast." Grey says with a grimace "Heard there's a club inside a crystal cave here. Since we still have time to reach Skald, I say it wouldn't hurt to spend a little time there. Besides, we could ask around and see if someone knows more about this whole mess we're involved to."
    Rose looks interested in joining this excursion. "Count me in on the cave. I'm curious to see how the acoustics sound in there... though if the drinks stain your teeth red, I'll keep my sobriety until the next town."
    Last edited by DigoDragon; 2024-02-28 at 11:04 PM.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted says ”Agreed. Though that beer tasted good to me, it’s a bit disturbing that it did.”

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A huge amphitheater has been carved from the rock of the cliff face along the north-west end of Harmonia. It has five concentric levels and is composed wholly of stone. The first four levels are 5ft higher than the previous ones and 25ft deep. The lowest level is 10ft high and the 40ft high cliff top covers this level like a clam shell. Stairs are carved in both sides that lead up to the fourth level only.

The stone seats of the theater have been worn down by the passing of the years and the patronage of hundred of local citizens. A scent of raw earth and stone lingers in the air, tainted with the odors of a recent crowd. There is a sense of presence here which may be nothing more than the rich culture and heritage of this great structure.

A magnificent cave opens up on the south end of the first level of the amphitheater. The ceiling of the cave is lined with clear white crystals, occasionally dotted with a ruby, emerald, or sapphire colored cluster here and there. The air in this cavern is cool, if somewhat humid, and carries the scent of perfumes and fine wines. Your every footstep echoes softly back from the gleaming walls, causing you to look over your shoulder every so often to make sure that no one is following you.

Fifteen feet in from the mouth of the cave is a 4ft rock wall carved from the stone of the cave itself. Two suits of full plate armor stand near an iron gate set into the living stone. Behind the gate wait two fair maidens. Each of them smiles sweetly at those who enter. As you step nearer to them it becomes clear that the light perfume in the air is theirs.

Beyond the young women, you can see that the passages and side rooms of this small cave complex are filled with dining tables, intricate waterfalls, and other intriguing oddities. Near the back of the main chamber is a large crystal column. Around the front of its base is built a wonderful bar. Many goblets and glasses of pure crystal hang from an overhead false roof. The bar top and underside of the false roof are both lined with mirrors. Everything looks clean, and gleams with soft crisp light.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

8. - Top - End - #1328

Rose looks around as she enters. The sight of the amphitheater impresses her, only distracted momentarily by the odd perfume scent of the two ladies.

"Okay, this is a pretty impressive setup," Rose admits.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

9. - Top - End - #1329

---------------

Grey nods in agreement with Rose "And here I thought this Plane of Sorrows was all doom and gloom." he says quite awestruck by the club and its crystalline formations "Let's see if the bar is as impressive as the rest." and so he proceeds towards the bar, smiling at whoever greets him behind the counter.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted feels a bit out of place in this fancy venue. He heads to the bar with Grey. He’ll order a normal beer or mead if available, otherwise a hard cider or white wine if available.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    Female Lawful Good Half-Orc Monk/Paladin/Champion of Irori, Level 3/2/0, Init 5, HP 52/52, Speed 40 ft
    AC 23, Touch 18, Flat-footed 15, CMD 25, Fort 16, Ref 13, Will 14, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Sansetsukon +7 (1d10+4, 19-20/x2)
    Double-Chained Kama +7 (1d6+3/1d6+3 or 1d6+4, 20/x2)
    Siangham +7 (1d6+3, 20/x2)
    Bracers of Armor (+2) or Mage Armor, Amulet of Natural Armor +2 (+2 Armor, +2 DEX, +6 CHA +3 Natural AC)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 23
    Condition None
    Cheyanne quietly follows her companions as they shop and explore, untrusting of the locals but trying to be respectful. "I don't think he quite knew what to make of you, Akla," she says with a smirk as they leave the alchemist's shop. "Hopefully you will open their minds a bit on how to treat those who don't look like them..."

At the amphitheater and crystal-bar Cheyanne looks about at the beauty with appreciation. At the bar she orders something light, not intending to get drunk at all. "I think it goes to show that everyone appreciates a bit of color and nature, even in a place like this," she says in response to Grey's words.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As the group arrives there are smiles all around. Groups of dark haired patrons fill most of the alcoves. Behind the bar is a familiar looking dark haired woman who you met a few mornings ago at breakfast.

"Well well well. If it isnt the heros of harmony."

She pours you each your drink. A Red wine that has a strong bouquet for Rose. A Honey Mead for Ted, though she almost hands you a Mekelbrau, which she drinks herself, her teeth stained red. For Grey she pours a clear spirit with sweet honey notes. For Cheyanne she gives a Mead to match Ted. As you stand here you can feel your bodies vibrate with a song you can hear in the distance. You can feel the hum and vibrations that almost make your toes tap.

"Can I arrage a table for your group.... a secluded room? some private entertainment perhaps?"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

13. - Top - End - #1333

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    Female Lawful Good Half-Orc Monk/Paladin/Champion of Irori, Level 3/2/0, Init 5, HP 52/52, Speed 40 ft
    AC 23, Touch 18, Flat-footed 15, CMD 25, Fort 16, Ref 13, Will 14, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Bracers of Armor (+2) or Mage Armor, Amulet of Natural Armor +2 (+2 Armor, +2 DEX, +6 CHA +3 Natural AC)
    Condition None
    Drinking her mead quietly, Cheyanne grimaces a bit at the blood-red stained teeth of the female bartender. "Thank you, but for now I'd like to stay here, enjoy the ambiance," she replies with a smile. "We still haven't had much time to get to know the people of your city. There is so much lore and culture in your music and stories - what does it mean? Is there any truth to the stories of the three grandfathers - Boar, Owl, and Wolf? And what's with the sheep-themed businesses and such? If I were to guess, some of the folks in town see things differently than the others. What do you think?"

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The woman smiles as Cheyanne begins to engage her in conversation.

"The Grandfathers? Well... there are rumors that they represent different groups of people. Some say that the Vistani are the Owls, and Man are the Boars. Who knows who the Wolves could be. Maybe Women?"

She flashed her blood red teeth.

"The Town is actually focused on Sheep herding, almost all of the meat in town is sheep based, all the cloth is woolen for the town. We are a sheep town, and people took that theme and ran with it. Its a fun game if you run with it."
    Festival of Heroes:

15. - Top - End - #1335

---------------

Grey gulps the drink, than shakes his head to clear off his head "Thanks, really needed that. Got out of prison today." he says with a smirk to the bartender who seems aware of what happened to them just a few days ago "And as you might've understood, we're kind of ignorant of this place and its customs. What you mean when you say 'private entertainment'?" Grey then asks, still smiling but with a frown on his forehead - he knows all too well what that phrase might mean in Neverwinter, but he has learned the hard way he can't make too many assumptions on this Ravenloft.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

She visibly takes down what you've all have drunk, as if starting a running tab. The list is labeled "heros of harmonia"

"Let me know if you'd like more."

She gives a wink towards Grey, flashing her bloody red grin.

"Oh we have three sorts of entertainers. We have singers, dancers, and gamemasters"
    Festival of Heroes:

17. - Top - End - #1337

---------------

"Sure, I'd like a refill." Grey says while tapping the glass he quickly emptied a moment ago, smiling in return to the bartender "And far from me to act humble, but why you call us 'heroes'? I mean, from what I heard Harmonia and the surrounding lands are quite dangerous. Even heard there's a duchy where a vampire rules openly." he starts with a shrug, fishing for information "Surely there are people rising to the challenge that are far worthier of that title than us. We just put down a rabid dog already stuck in a cell." Grey ends with a chuckle, downplaying the party's deeds to goad the bartender to talk.

But Grey also wants to relax a bit and have some fun, so after whatever answer the bartender might give him he asks "Well, I would like to be entertained. And I also feel a bit adventurous - I could make an educated guess of what choosing 'singer' and 'dancer' might entail but I don't have the slightest idea of what to expect from 'gamemaster'. So book me for one."

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

She notes the additional drink and pours him another drink. She writes down Jagermeister when Grey orders a game master.

"Oh, that murderer was a local pest. He won't be bothering us again, the Duke is.... well let's say he hasn't gotten across the border yet, so the threat on your doorstep versus in the next town over right?

She looks through the crowd until she spots someone.

"Erik, I've got some customers who are interested in some games, you can have table 7"

A dark haired man with excited eyes and a well trimmed mustache and groomed beard approached the group. He sets down a stein of Mekkulbrau as he grins with bloodred teeth.

"Well hello there my players. You are excited for games yes?"
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2024-03-04 at 11:45 AM.
    Festival of Heroes:

19. - Top - End - #1339

---------------

Grey thanks the bartender for the drink, then greets Erik with a shrug "Sure. I mean, I have no idea what games you Harmonians play. But sure, I'm eager to play." the shadowy man then nods to the so-called gamemaster as an invitation to lead him (and whoever else is interested in playing) to table seven "Guess you're going to explain how to play."

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

He will lead anyone who follows to a secluded table in a crystal alcove.

"Well, we have a couple games. There is Speed Fingers, I take this dagger, and let you stab the table between your fingers, and then I go, and then you go. First one to bleed, loses."

Erik Waves a Stylized Silver Dagger in front of you.

"There is also Hot Potatoes."

He pulls out what looks could be a Tin Egg. Its green colors sparkle in the torch light. He holds it up.

"We toss this back and forth, inside there is a mechanical device that will randomly activate and spikes will come out on someone."

He quickly sets it down, before he care move on, Silver blades come out of the egg in a mechanical trap like fashion. He giggles a little as he jumps in anticipation.

"I also have few drinking games, with coin tosses"
    Festival of Heroes:

21. - Top - End - #1341

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    Condition None
    Cheyanne laughs as she raises her drink to her lips. After taking a drink she grins at Grey and says, "You first! Show us how it's done, Mr. Gamer!" Then she laughs again as she shakes her head and looks back towards the bar.

Once her back is to the local man, Cheyanne's expression changes to one of intense thought and concentration. "Nothing they've said makes me want to trust them more..." she mutters, only loud enough for her closest companions to hear as she sips at the mead sullenly...

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ogre in the Playground

- Hm... - Helen was quied so far, mostly because she wasn't really a drinker - All of your games so far seem... both physical and painful? Don't you have something for... more acquired tastes? I dunno, chess, per instance? - she seemed very dubious about the quality of the "entertainment" so far.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2024-03-05 at 08:45 AM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The man gave Cheyenne a smile.

"Alright, ill go first on Speed Fingers, if you go second."

He glanced to Helen.

"These are games designed to excite and get the blood flowing. The coin toss is quite tame though, you have two people stand at each end of a table, with a stein at each corner, each filled with alcohol, your goal is to throw a coin, bounce it on the table, and get it to land inside the steins on the other end of the table. If you do, one of the opponents has to empty their stein by drinking the whole thing. Things like board games are.... for people who are.... bored? Boring? For Boars. Come lass, be a she-wolf, not a bore."

He sits down at the table, sitting across from Cheyanne, looking up to her he gives a wink and twirls the silver dagger. He sets his hand on the table and spreads his fingers as he starts very slow. Stabbing the spaces between his fingers. He succeeds going back and forth 3 times before extending the silver dagger towards cheyanne.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    This is a stat check. Current difficulty is a dex check, DC 5.
    Festival of Heroes:

24. - Top - End - #1344

Grey - HP: 43\43 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

Grey grabs the dagger with a grin, clearly amused by the kind of games these people play "Just like home." he says, not a hint of hesitation or fear in his voice - Grey does look at ease, right in his own element now "As you may see, I still have all my fingers." he boasts before starting, clearly not the first time he has risked his body parts just to amuse himself.

When he's done, Grey hands the dagger to whoever wants to play next.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling Sleight of Hand as agreed on Discord.
    (1d20+13)[27]

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

While the game master had started slow, Grey begins playing at dizzying speeds, stabbing the table quickly, missing his own hand each time.
    Festival of Heroes:

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

Helen opened her mouth and raised a finger, as if willing to make a point, but then she thought better of it and just waved her hand dismissively, while at the same time sighing.

- Men... - was all she had to say on this topic.
    Last edited by Kaworu; 2024-03-05 at 05:14 PM.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

27. - Top - End - #1347

Rose was left behind, by choice; these games sure have a theme... like their favored drink... Well now Rose is unable (or maybe unwilling) to put the wine to her lips. Red teeth around her, red wine in her hands, red fingers abound... the tiefling felt a slight touch of nausea about all this. She was much less interested in playing games at the moment as the town's main furry quirk was not letting go of her curiosity. Also, being called the heroes of harmony seemed rather presumptuous. By Grepthar's hammer, is Rose just being paranoid? It is possible that everyone here is just being nice and playing the theme to the hilt in an otherwise quiet and sleepy little town full of homely salt-of-the-earth folk.

You know, morons.

"Well alright, you demon-blooded book nerd, what else do you call the wolves you saw that one night while in jail?"

Have you ever had a debate with yourself and find you are losing? Rose snorts as she put the glass close to her lips. She stops herself as a thought entered her ear. This is an amphitheater, but it is also not unlike a tavern. And taverns are full of loose lips and gossip. Rose decides to mingle about a bit and see if she can pick up anything.

Spoiler: Skill check?
    Show
    I'm used to Gather Info being a thing from 3.5 so what check do you need for Rose to try and get some gossip? (1d20)[1]
    Perception? +7
    Sense Motive? +4
    Stealth? +7
    Digo Dragon - Artist

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

”Impressive, Grey. Perhaps the coin toss is one I would play if there are any takers” Ted says.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As rose and seperates on her own, she begins talking with other patrons, who seem welcoming and friendly. They drink and are telling stories of exploits of town, fending off goblyn attacks, winning drinking matches, winning games with the game master.

Spoiler: rose
    Show
    From the corner of your eyes, from time to time you think you see something off, a hand covered in fur, canine teeth too long to be human, or nails growing out like claws, but when you turn your head to look, there's nothing wrong or out of place.

Ted can find someone to play with, in fact, three people step up to play with you, three dark haired locals. They put four steins of Mekkulbrau on the table and begin the coin toss game.
    Spoiler: Ted
    Show

Because this is a trick of bouncing a coin into a glass, its not a direct attack roll, you can either roll a ranged attack at -4, or roll sleight of hand to manipulate the coin to land into the opponents stein.
    DC 20/AC 15
    [26] vs slight of hand vs teds stein

During the first round, Teds opponent sinks thier coin in teds stein.
    "Drink up, little brother."
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2024-03-07 at 10:12 AM.
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Me and my big mouth …

Ted tosses the coin and it too lands in his opponent’s stein.

As he grabs the cup he must drink, he tells the man

”Right back at you. I’m Ted. What is your favorite game?”

He drinks the stuff. Distasteful though the stuff seems, at least it tastes good to him …
    Last edited by kinem; 2024-03-07 at 06:03 PM.