New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Cataclysm (AD&D Ravenloft -> PF1 Conversion) INC Thread

Luc stares into the distance, as he has been doing since you met him, his hands in front of him, slowly clenching and releasing for a book he once held. He does this while idle, not actively seeking.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Dureno looks to Ted, a little disappointed.

"Yea... 10 bullets for a silver serpent, you get a free sling if you want with a purchase of 30 or more bullets. Or you can buy one for a silver serpent."
    Ted replied ”I’ll take that thirty bullet and sling deal for now; thanks. We may do business again before all this is over.”

Outside, he nods in agreement about talking to Tarascon.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The shopkeep accepted the 3 gold worth of coins from Ted, and provided a sling made from crocodile leather, and 30 iron sphere bullets.

He nods to Ted as he leaves.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Luc stares into the distance, as he has been doing since you met him, his hands in front of him, slowly clenching and releasing for a book he once held. He does this while idle, not actively seeking.
    "Hmm. Wonder if we should get him his book back later?" Rose idly asks.

"Anyway, off to to see Tarascon?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

5. - Top - End - #455
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grey - HP: 17\17 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

"People are people everywhere. You have to understand what makes them tick." Grey says to Cheyanne with a shrug, then nods to Rose "And sure, let's head to the townhouse. Doubt all this ruckus would be good for business, so let's hope these Tarascon's fellows are willing to have a chat with us."
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

6. - Top - End - #456
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

You pass through the town, passing an active blacksmith as you walk, working the forge outside is a very large strapping man, hammer in hand working in the heat of his craft. He looks up at your group, pausing, he seems to be assessing you all, at some point he sees one of your group, a look of recognition hits his face. He drops his hammer and his current project and flees inside the house.

When you arrive at the two story townhouse you find that the door is locked, and as an idle check, all the windows seem to have a masterwork quality lock. Peeking inside youd see there is a Parlor, Sitting room, stairs going upward, Dining room, and Kitchen. You knock politely and do not hear a response, even waiting several minutes, and knocking twice more. No one responds from inside.
    Festival of Heroes:

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

well I guess we have the option of opening the door

Millie Checks the door, and its lock

8. - Top - End - #458
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

When the blacksmith displays strange behavior Ted says ”Hold on. We should ask that guy what’s up. I suggest keeping Luc away for now in case that’s who set him off.”

9. - Top - End - #459
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Millie
    Show
    The door seems locked, the door looks to have an expensive lock as part of its latch mechanism.
    Festival of Heroes:

10. - Top - End - #460
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"Yes - who did he see that spooked him? I don't think I recognize him..." says Cheyanne doubtfully.

11. - Top - End - #461

---------------

"I would not try to open this door. Not in broad daylight, at least." Grey shakes his head and looks around to check if someone is paying a little too attention to them "If we really, really want to have a look inside, better to come when everyone's asleep. I am not keen to find out which jails are worse, Neverwinter's or the ones here." he then nods at Cheyanne and Ted "I mean, that fellow do seemed suspicious. Might be wiser to have a chat with him before committing a little breaking and entering."

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

very well Grey, it's locked anyways and its a good lock at that. I do not care for jail myself.

13. - Top - End - #463

Quote Originally Posted by kinem View Post
    When the blacksmith displays strange behavior Ted says ”Hold on. We should ask that guy what’s up. I suggest keeping Luc away for now in case that’s who set him off.”
    "Yeah, that was odd," Rose agrees. "Someone go with Ted. I'll keep Luc away."

Rose will continue to the townhouse.

"We could take a peek out back before we go."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #464
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Rose and Luc hold back while the rest return to the blacksmith. Entering the shop area you find the large man. He looks to have calmed down. But he doesnt seem to want to talk about anything but buisness.

"Are you perhaps looking for Manacles? 15 Golden Frogs for a set with keys. A length of Chain? 30 Golden Frogs. A simple Lock? 20 Golden Frogs. adventurers Tools 30 Golden Frogs...."

With some pressing, he gives up something that might be helpful, that 3 weeks ago Marcel Tarascon died to an attack from undead.
    Festival of Heroes:

15. - Top - End - #465
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted tries to be patient with the odd blacksmith.

"Hello. I'm Ted, and pleased to meet you. What's your name? And, did you see the attack on Marcel?"

16. - Top - End - #466
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Uh.... my name is Jordi, I am the blacksmith. I didn't see it, my son he heard it, up at the Tarascon Plantation. But.... we haven't heard from him in over a week..."

Jordi is interrupted by the sound of a woman sobbing and crying. Jordi pauses, looks toward what you assume are his living quarters and sighs.

"We have a sale on nails and hammers, half off."
    Festival of Heroes:

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted replies ”I am very sorry for your loss.

I know it’s difficult to talk about, but understanding what happened may help us to prevent more tragedy. Did your son say anything else? How did he know the attackers were undead? And, did he lock up the Tarascon place and flee? Would anyone else have locked the door?”

18. - Top - End - #468

---------------

"We were at the Townhouse, Ted. I believe the Plantation is outside town." Grey says to clarify matters, then speaks directly to Jordi "Have you heard about anyone who was at the Plantation recently?" and to put this Jordi in a better mood, he tries to sweeten his words with the promise of a purchase "We are adventurers for sure, but we need information. Share what you know with us and we might need to buy gear - and we might do so from you."

19. - Top - End - #469
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Jordi looked between Ted and Grey, their charismatic pleas only just swaying him to share a touch more.

"He said he overheard it from the Tarascon brothers. Jean Tarascon isn't in the Townhouse? Then he'd be on the plantation, or out on a task. There are usually maids, manservants, butlers, and other aids at the plantation when the fields are not being tended. We actually haven't seen anyone from the plantation other than Jean Tarascon recently."
    Festival of Heroes:

20. - Top - End - #470

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne decides not to upset the blacksmith or his family further and stays back, mostly out of sight. She's not slinking, but she's not forcing herself into the man's space either.

While the others talk she considers what they have discovered so far - not much - but thinks about this plantation. "If it's on the edge of town lots of bad things could happen and not everyone would know...probably important that we check it out..." she says to anyone else waiting with her.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted nods. "Sounds like our next stop."

22. - Top - End - #472

---------------

"Might be." Grey just says a bit annoyed to Cheyanne and Ted, not really keen in letting anyone outside the party to know where they are going before going back to Jordi "Might be useful to know the name of your son and a brief description." he then points at the manacles and nods, keeping good of his promise "Those might come in handy. And what are...uh, 'adventurer's tools'?" he asks and rolls his eyes, betting with himself that they are just a set of lockpicks and this fellow just assumed they are thieves - which, at least in Grey's case, is certainly true.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grey pays the fifteen golds for the manacles, let's see if these tools are interesting enough to buy.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Jordi pulled down the manacles for Grey and pulls out a set of thieves tools, placing them on the counter.

"Adventurers Tools, great for dungeons, traps, and other such dangers."

Jordi's face is quite stoic.

"His name is Collins, he had blonde hair as a child, but it turned brownish the last few years, you can see the blonde still in the sunlight, though it looks brown inside. He's lanky, but he's gonna fill out as he gets older."
    Festival of Heroes:

24. - Top - End - #474

---------------

As expected, the so-called "adventurer's tools" are just tools to open locks in search of valuables but Grey does not feel like correcting Jordi - his son is probably dead, so he just pays for manacles and the tools and nods at the smith; Grey does not make any kind of promise, believing they would be quite lucky if they even find a body. That done, he takes the stuff he just bought and goes out to wait for the others and keep the investigation going.

25. - Top - End - #475

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Commando View Post
    That done, he takes the stuff he just bought and goes out to wait for the others and keep the investigation going.
    Rose and Luc greet him outside. Mostly Rose. Luc is probably just doing his thousand-yard stare.

"Hey there. Did anyone find out what was up with his reaction earlier when he saw Luc?" she asks.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #476

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne notices the set of lockpicks in Grey's hands as he leaves the blacksmith's shop and raises one eyebrow curiously. "Do you know how to use those? I do...I'm a bit embarrassed to say, if you don't...I can pay you back..."

27. - Top - End - #477

---------------

"You do?" Grey asks Cheyanne with quite the surprised look, but he then chuckles amused by the unexpected revelation "Sure, take them. Just don't get caught." he says while handing the "adventurer's tools" to Cheyanne with a smirk, probably happy he's not the only one that treats laws more as guidelines "So. Should we go to the Plantation?"

28. - Top - End - #478

NecromancerGuy

"Yeah...it was tough figuring out how to eat in Sigil. Even though I hated it, I figured out how to open locks and disable the odd snare while I was there. Strange times in a stranger place..." Cheyanne explains with a noticeable blush of embarrassment. It's clear she isn't proud of the skills she had to develop, but isn't opposed to using them if needed, either.

She nods at the suggestion of the plantation and gestures to Grey for him to lead the way.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

As discussion of going to the plantation comes up Luc gently shakes his head. He turns and heads North, away from the direction of the plantation.

Spoiler: If you follow Luc
    Show
    Luc slowly but determined not to go to the plantation, returns to the inn and sits in the common room, gently swaying, repeating the longer stanza.

"The on descend shall evil of night the land,
    at near are signs of hexad this when hand
    In sorcerer the Daegon house the born,
    Though shall unliving, unlife, life scorn
    The mother stern of child lifeless found
    Heralds evil of night a time unbound"

Spoiler: If you Proceed to the plantation
    Show

The manor house and servant quarters beside it are in excellent repair. The stately manor house is a white, two-story building with tall columns at the front. The servants house has only one floor. When you examine, the two buildings are locked up tight, the locks look as masterful as the locks at the townhouse. The fields look to be plentiful.... if not starting to look overgrown slightly.
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #480

NecromancerGuy

When Luc doesn't want to follow the party to the plantation Cheyanne actually smiles in excitement. "Alright! Something gets a response from him! That probably means that there is something he knows is bad there, even in his broken state...now if we could only get him to warn us about it..." she says, at first animatedly and then more thoughtfully as she puts her thoughts to words out loud.