New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1513
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Cataclysm (AD&D Ravenloft -> PF1 Conversion) INC Thread

The man returns a grin to Grey, responding in a friendly manner. When he smiles, his teeth are red, as if stained by blood.

Spoiler: Ted, Helen, Grey, Cheyanne, Linguistics DC 15
    Show

"Oh, for stories and fun rumors you'll likely get free drinks and food from the other patrons. That will surely accommodate you for your tales. But you look like a trustworthy lad, ill get you specifically a silver lyre discount, maybe you could bring some ladies in with that pretty face of yours. If cost is your concern, your group may want to try the Leaping Lamb, they are more accepting of less desirable customers."
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne, obviously distracted and unhappy with the treatment that caliban in general, and goblins in particular, experience does her best to keep her mouth shut with the doorman. Instead she continues to look around the room, trying to determine if what she is feeling is supernatural or just a sign of fatigue and the allure of comfort.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    I'm not sure how to mechanically do this, but figure a d20 roll will help: (1d20)[4]. If Perception is the right skill, that's with +9. If it is something else it may be necessary to look at Cheyanne's character sheet.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ogre in the Playground

Helen just rolled her eyes and shook her head. These people...
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Cheyanne
    Show

While your current fatigue and exhausted state may play into it, you've heard of the effects of bardsong before, and can assume, it is the sounds you are hearing that stir whats deep within you.

Looking around, this entrance area is set up with three performance areas, one is dedicated to auditory performances, and the other two seem to be more visual in nature, acrobatics, and art. There is another doorway you can see which leads to an area where people are eating.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Commando View Post
    "Now fellow says that if you want to be treated normally, it's going to cost double. Insurance in case you start, you know, breathing around other people." Grey keeps translating to Akla what the innkeeper is saying, sarcasm in his voice "The way he says 'goblin' is quite peculiar, though. But hey, let me try something."
    "Well, not the first 'salt-of-the-earth folk we've met," Rose comments, "But if we aren't convincing them, I think we should just pay the fee and keep our heads down."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Colossus in the Playground

Turning to the others for a moment, Akla gives a quick "Sorry for causing trouble..."
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grey - HP: 19\38 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

"Agree." Grey nods to Rose and her suggestion "I mean, I need to rest anyway and I am not going to walk across town to see if there's a less judgmental innkeeper."

That said, he turns to the innkeeper and gestures "three" with his hand "Well, we'll rent three rooms. Locks, also."
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

He pulls out a small pad and a bit of Black lead, he scribbles something you can't immediately read, and then hands you the paper.

Spoiler: DC 20 Linguistics
    Show

This looks like the written version of the 2nd language you've heard spoken in town.

[B]three and a half double rooms, they brought one ofthem goblyns. 24 silver lyres and 5 Copper Cartacles. 3 sets of locks, 6 silver lyres.

I like the look of the dark one, make it an even 30 silver lyres." -Breven

He keeps the Crimson toothed grin on Grey.

Spoiler: Helen, Ted, Grey, Cheyanne, Linguistics DC 15
    Show

Take that in past the Bards corner, into the serving room. You'll see a woman behind the bar, hand her the ticket and 30 silver lyres for the evening plus dinner and breakfast in the morning"
    Festival of Heroes:

9. - Top - End - #1029

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Linguistics: (1d20+7)[13]

"Keeping the sheep fat and happy...?" mutters Cheyanne as she notes the music and makes a mental effort to avoid giving into her feelings of comfort too much. She notes that they appear to have come to an agreement with the doorman, so she waits for her turn to read the note and follows Grey further inside.

"You're worldly enough, but you don't trust these folks, do you?" she asks him as they walk. "I think there is something going on, and I don't trust this place..."

10. - Top - End - #1030

---------------

"Thanks, friend." Grey says to the innkeeper, extending a hand as a polite gesture and introducing himself - always useful to make friends with the people that provide you food and a roof "They call me Grey, by the way."

That said and done, he follows the instructions given and tries to find this woman when Cheyanne shares her doubts "That is how people like me are called nowadays, 'wordly'?" he chuckles at the word used by the monk before turning serious "I could lose half a hand and still have enough fingers to count the people I trust." he says back and nods "And I did not notice anything suspicious, but I am also beaten as it is. If you say there's something fishy going on here, I'll be on my toes." Grey then turns his gaze, searching for something "What should I pay attention to?"

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Helen, Ted, Grey, Cheyanne. Linguistics DC15
    Show
    "Hi Grey, my names Breven. I keep the order down here the bards corner, and help people get checked in.
    You, you need something, you can come talk to me, mightbe able to help ya find it."

As you enter inside you can see the room extends upward to the second level of the building, there are seats behind railings up above for patrons to sit and watch the performances of the bards below, they seem to be able to order drinks, and even nibbles to enjoy while they take in the bardsong. Currently there is a fair haired man playing stringed instrument on the center stage. On stage left there is a much smaller stage where a fair haired woman performs a dance to the tune being played on center stage. On stage left there is an artist with dark hair painting as she sings along with the tune, her words seem to be the source of inspiration in the room. She appears to be painting the three performers in their current acts.

As the group moves through, they are able to see the seats on the first floor, drinks are available here as well as nibbles. You gain entery past the bards corner into the serving room, where there are several long tables for communal eating, but no private tables. Several long stretches are available to sit, but the place is far from abandoned. To one far end there is a doorway. On one of the walls is a counter and another doorway which seems to be the source of the bewitching smells. Behind the counter is a middle aged fair haired woman, serving a young man a frothy red drink before looking up to your group.

Spoiler: Helen, Ted, Grey, Cheyanne, Linguistics DC15
    Show

"Yes darlings? I don't see Breven chasing you, so you must be welcome customers. Do you have a ticket slip?"
    Festival of Heroes:

12. - Top - End - #1032

NecromancerGuy

"What should I pay attention to?"
    "I'm not really sure, but this place is unnaturally welcoming. The bard-music, the way we feel coming inside, the bloody-mouthed doorman...I feel like a piece of meat being eyed by hungry animals, and I'm usually the aggressive one!" Cheyanne explains while they walk, being careful not to talk when locals might overhear. "All the talk of wolves outside of town, and sheep inside, makes me feel like we've walked into the sheep pen and have been herded here. And while shepherds can be nice to their sheep, they usually eat them in the end...I don't trust this place."

When she enters the main floor Cheyanne looks around, noting the locals and who seems to be in charge. "Like that - the musician and the dancer are doing their thing, but the singer-painter seems to be the source of the bard song's power. All the people in charge seem to be the dark-haired ones, at least so far. Something is weird about that," she says as she finds a seat along one bench and gets ready to order some food and drink.

13. - Top - End - #1033

Rose - HP: 43/43 - Conditions: Annoyed

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Turning to the others for a moment, Akla gives a quick "Sorry for causing trouble..."
    "You did nothing wrong," Rose assures Akla. "Some folks are just.. intolerant of what's different." She gently tugs on the hat to punctuate what she means.

he follows the instructions given
    "How much you want for my share? I can cover their dumb, extra fee," she asks Grey.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkOne-Rob View Post
    "All the talk of wolves outside of town, and sheep inside, makes me feel like we've walked into the sheep pen and have been herded here. And while shepherds can be nice to their sheep, they usually eat them in the end...I don't trust this place."
    "I will bull-through-a-pottery-shop before anyone thinks of eating me," Rose softly, but firmly comments. She glances around to make sure their new companions, Akla and Helen, are with the group.

Rose raises her dress slightly so she can sit down. "Well if these folk turn into were-sheep, it would explain sooo much."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

14. - Top - End - #1034

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "How much you want for my share? I can cover their dumb, extra fee,"
    "Got a small discount for...reasons." Grey says blushing a bit, one of the few instances where his face shows some colour "30 silver pieces - they call them 'lyres', by the way - for three double rooms with locks. Guess we could split them even, so 5 lyres each."

"I don't trust this place."
    Grey again looks around, trying to notice what Cheyanne has noticed up until now "Did not pay much attention on their appearance, to be honest. I mean, I just assumed those red teeth were a local custom - but when you put it like that..." he mumbles, maybe starting to see the pattern Cheyanne showed them "...better if we do not wander alone, even to just grab a bite. After a rest, we might try to better understand the place we're stuck in for the moment."

That said, he approaches the woman behind the counter and hands over the piece of paper Breven gave him; Grey changes again, from being concerned to friendly and warm when he smiles at the woman "Well, of course. We have walked a long road to be here, we wouldn't want to be thrown out so soon. And I wonder if you would be so kind to share some advice on how to mingle with the locals." he says in the hope to gather some information about the place and its people.
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2023-12-04 at 12:30 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1035

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    "You did nothing wrong," Rose assures Akla. "Some folks are just.. intolerant of what's different." She gently tugs on the hat to punctuate what she means.
    "Thank you. When we get to our rooms, could some of you take the time to educate me on the language here?" she asks.

Show
    Show

Show

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted seemed to relax a little, until Cheyenne sums up some observations he has had trouble bringing to a conscious level. He speaks in a low voice, hoping not to be overheard.

”For sure, Akla.

I think we should talk to a variety of locals, to find out more of what the town is really like. Not just at the inn.”

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The woman eyes the group before looking at the slip. She smiles at Grey.

Spoiler: Helen, Ted, Grey, Cheyanne, Linguistics dc15
    Show

"Oh I see it, Breven has good tastes. That'll be the 30 Silver Lyres. Oh. You wanna make friends, buy a couple rounds of Mekkulbrau for everyone. Its a very popular local drink. It may be too bitter for you outlander, but the locals love the brew and a couple of free rounds would go far to make you a local legend of generosity and benevolence."

The woman grins, waiting to hear a response. While those others in the group that sat at the long tables were able to listen on others conversations.

Spoiler: Helen, Ted, Cheyanne, Grey, Linguistics DC15
    Show

"Did you hear about Navias beat crop, they got too much water from Navia using magic to create water during last months dry weeks, now the crops got wet rot."

"The Goblyns to the east attacked the herd grazing there, killed everyone except a single Sheppard boy, he got back with only a slight maiming from the goblyns teeth."

"Look at the Caliban who've come in, at least some of them are cute."
    Festival of Heroes:

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Ogre in the Playground

- There might be something off. We do not know it for sure. It could just be a coincidence. More observations and research are needed - Helen commented on the state of things - For now, I think, we should just eat something and go to sleep. All the things we wanna partake, we can do tomorrow morning. At least that's my proposal.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

19. - Top - End - #1039

"Got a small discount for...reasons." Grey says blushing a bit, one of the few instances where his face shows some colour "30 silver pieces - they call them 'lyres', by the way - for three double rooms with locks. Guess we could split them even, so 5 lyres each."
    Rose raises an eyebrow when Grey blushes. This is a new trick he's learned. Oh well, Rose reaches into a pouch and pulls out 5 silver coins for him. "Yeah, just wondering if they're liars about something else here," she mutters to her friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Spoiler: Helen, Ted, Cheyanne, Grey, Linguistics DC15
    Show

"Did you hear about Navias beat crop, they got too much water from Navia using magic to create water during last months dry weeks, now the crops got wet rot."

"The Goblyns to the east attacked the herd grazing there, killed everyone except a single Sheppard boy, he got back with only a slight maiming from the goblyns teeth."

"Look at the Caliban who've come in, at least some of them are cute."
    Rose pretends she didn't actually understand any of that, but she does whisper to whoever is sitting near her, "There's that word again. The 'G' one. Wonder if we should talk to the boy and get involved?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    For now, I think, we should just eat something and go to sleep. All the things we wanna partake, we can do tomorrow morning. At least that's my proposal.
    "Best thing I've heard all evening," Rose agrees. "I'm hungry enough to eat a h... err, sheep."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

20. - Top - End - #1040

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne silently gives Grey five silver coins as she begins to observe the common room more closely. There seems to be plenty of time before the party's food and drink arrive to hear several of the other guests talking.

As their food arrives, Cheyanne gets the server's attention and asks, "How much for you to quietly deliver a round of...'Mekkulbrau' to everyone here tonight? I'll pay it, but I'd like it to be subtly done. Can you do that?" Then, after paying the amount and a reasonable tip, Cheyanne excuses herself briefly to find a washroom. "Any other ladies want to come? I want to clean up a moment - see if the locals find us Caliban 'cute' enough to act upon it..." Then she goes and freshens up, making a deliberate effort to primp and look as attractive as possible, given what she has on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaworu View Post
    -There might be something off. We do not know it for sure. It could just be a coincidence. More observations and research are needed - Helen commented on the state of things - For now, I think, we should just eat something and go to sleep. All the things we wanna partake, we can do tomorrow morning. At least that's my proposal.
    "Regardless of what plane we're on, I don't think there is much in the way of coincidence here. Too much seems to be orchestrated by dark powers. You'll see..." responds Cheyanne quietly to her new companion. "That doesn't mean we can't find some joy in things, but I think paranoia is a good idea too."

21. - Top - End - #1041

---------------

Grey pays his share of five lyres and nods to the woman "Appreciate the advice, thanks." and points at the table where some of the group are already seated "Anyway, we're starved. And I would like to try the local cuisine. Your favourite dish?" he asks, always the friendly one - besides, the more people talk the more they reveal about themselves and if Cheyanne is right, they need information.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A server stops to listen to Cheyanne.

Show
    "Oh.... um... everyone? Three gold Canticle would cover it, but... how do you mean? You want me to tell everyone that a mysterious woman has paid for a drink for them?"

Spoiler: Cheyanne
    Show
    how much do you tip

Back at the counter Grey talks to the woman.

Show

"Oh me? I like simple things, some roasted boar, some radishes, and a tall stein of Mekkulbrau. And it just so happens thats on the menu tonight!"

She gives Grey a grin.
    Festival of Heroes:

23. - Top - End - #1043

NecromancerGuy

"Just bring everyone a round. If they ask, you can say one of the newcomers did it, trying to be friendly but not wanting to make a scene. Here," says Cheyanne as she gives the server three gold coins and five silver. "Thank you."

24. - Top - End - #1044

When the food arrives, Akla pokes at it with a little hesitancy. But she does sample it, and enjoys the strong flavors.

Show
    Show

Show

25. - Top - End - #1045

Cheyanne excuses herself briefly to find a washroom. "Any other ladies want to come? I want to clean up a moment - see if the locals find us Caliban 'cute' enough to act upon it..."
    "Sure. Might be a good idea around here," Rose says, getting up to follow Chey.

She watches Cheyanne but the bar a round and is curious to understand why. "You have a plan, or just fishing to see what kind of attention you get?"
    Digo Dragon - Artist

26. - Top - End - #1046

---------------

"Thanks, going to try that." Grey says to the woman in her language, a nod and then takes his leave to sit with the others when Cheyanne and Rose are about to stand up and go freshen themselves "Mh, I mean, back in Marais d'Tarascon it was quite obvious what the problem was. Why the mists have brought us here?" he speaks back in the common language, then turns to Akla and Helen "Well, now that we're relatively safe - do you have any questions? Anything you want to share?"

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Once everyone has paid their 5 silver pieces, the group is given 3 locks with keys, you go upstairs to find three rooms that you've been assigned, none of which are together.

When everyone is ready for it, a meal of roasted Boar with cooked radishes is served, there is not alot of seasoning, but just enough to add subtle flavors. You are each also served two large steins of a red beer. If you taste the beer it is very bitter, certainly an acquired taste, but when you look at someone who has had a taste, you see their teeth are already staining bright red like blood.

The waitress is starting to bring out the red drinks to everyone you can see. And those back in the bards corner. From the other room you can hear the songs have ended, but now a story is being told. Something about Grandfather Boar, Grandfather Owl, and Grandfather Wolf
    Festival of Heroes:

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

- I am not saying whether it is for sure a coincidence, or something more dark and meaningful. It could be either way given the data we have now. More rigorous studies and awareness of facts is necessary for me to form an opinion. Just saying. - Helen explained herself.

She moved closer, eager to hear the tale about animal grandfathers. She likes stories and she liked literature. A lot, actually.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

29. - Top - End - #1049

---------------

Grey throws a glance at the red teeth some of the customers show and so stays away from the beer - a bit colour on his discoloured self couldn't hurt, but not that. He certainly partakes to the food, though, something that gets him in a good mood to listen to the stories told in this place just for the sake of it and not as another way to gather information.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

For those who listen, the bards tell a many story.

Show

The stories consist of three characters.

Grandfather Boar - a Huge Boar whose fur has begun to Grey but his muscles are still strong, and his tusks are still sharp. He is quick to judge and quick to run, and can easily be fooled.

Grandfather Owl - a great owl whose colorful wings identify him easily. He can move about and fly upon the winds where ever he goes, but he is wise, and often crafty. He is not concerned with the problems of others, but his attention and aid can be bought.

Grandfather Wolf - The wolf is massive and swift. His fur is Grey and black. His teeth can tear through whole trees, and knock down buildings. He is smart in the ways that only a predator can be. But his hunger is constant and can be used to trick him.

The storys are told almost as parables. Lessons and warnings. Grandfather Boar is often tricked by Grandfather Owl and Grandfather Wolf. Sometimes he can get away, sometimes he survives. Grandfather wolf is never able to trick Grandfather owl, but he can rob him of a victory to the point of a standstill.

In general, the tales pit Boar versus wolf, with owl watching over. And taking advantage.

Festival of Heroes: