New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1511
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cataclysm (AD&D Ravenloft -> PF1 Conversion) INC Thread

- I'm sorry - interrupted Helen - but I do not get the prophecy or whatever it is. Could somebody enlighten me?
    LGBTinP 🏳️*🌈, Furry 🐾, European 🇪🇺 & Schizophreniac ♿, possibly a Weirdo 😜
    Fursona by Sirodbcollie from Twitter

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grey - HP: 43\43 - Conditions: Dazzled - Active Effects: None

---------------

"That's...complicated." Grey answers to Helen "We have met these people, the Vistani; it's important you know we had no idea who these people were before. And - I am not kidding - they claimed to have met us three years ago for the first time, but for us that was the second time." the grey-skinned man grimaces, having troubles trying to explain so that he would make some sense "Anyway. Fellows said we're here because of some prophecy. That one, I would guess." Grey points towards the book "Murderer we killed in Marais D'Tarascon was part of the prophecy - he was some sort of undead. And now that we are here...well, guess we have to keep our eyes peeled for the second sign."
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Spamalot in the Playground

"He was wanting a scroll that had the prophesy written down on it, but I destroyed that copy," Rose added. "I guess he was betting everything that the prophesy was for him... although..."

Rose looks at the passage again. She runs a finger over the words, then looks up, as if thinking hard about something.

"Hmm, I want to say this version is a little bit different. I think the copy D'Tarascon had switched the 5th and 6th verses. And is the last verse new? I don't remember it on the scroll. Well... I guess you just can't trust a prophesy these days. Though why was it in the back inner cover? I have questions for Liam later."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

During the night you become aware of some motion in the alley next to this building. You can hear a soft conversation between a man and woman. You cannot see either of them or make out what they are saying, but the woman's voice nearly charms you with its beauty. Soon the conversation ends as mysteriously as it began.
    From across the alley a slender young woman steps from a gap between two buildings and begins cautiously walking down the alley. She wears a hooded cloak that she keeps pulled up to hide her face. She seems frightened, for she constantly looks behind her. There is no sign of the other individual. Suddenly, from out of the darkness, a harsh voice breaks the silence of the night.

"You have defied me for the last time, Akriel!"

The voice snaps. The tone is so ominous and the voice so cruel that the hair on the back of your necks stands up. Evil seems to drift like mist into the alley and wash against you like the stagnant water of a forgotten swamp. Slowly, a man flanked by two pony-sized wolves steps into view. There is a gleam in his eye akin to hunger and the wolves begin to leer at the beautiful young woman. As he steps between your vantage point and the girl, you see him raise a cruel looking whip over his head. With each strike of the lash, she screams in pain and sobs for mercy. Throughout this ordeal, the dark man releases a stream of hissing words at Akriel. Although the majority of it is lost under her screams and protests, the words "change" and "vampire" are discernable.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

5. - Top - End - #1235

Grey - HP: 43\43 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: None

---------------

It's night, so of course Grey is well awake - he still has troubles adjusting to stay up during the day - and so he has little difficulty hearing the ruckus happening outside the prison. He looks outside through the bars and frowns at the scene "Hey!" he bellows at the man whipping the woman now on the ground "Stop now. Or else." Grey tries to look threatening, even though he's acutely aware being locked in a prison won't be helpful; but the night is his domain, the shadows are everywhere and so he starts silently asking for their help if the man does not stop in his assault.

Spoiler
    Show
    Grey readies Boneshaker (Fortitude vs. DC 16) if the man keeps attacking Akriel.
    Damage (5d6)[21] and 5ft. movement away from the woman, if the man succeeds he takes half damage and negates the movement.

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    Female Lawful Good Half-Orc Monk/Paladin/Champion of Irori, Level 3/2/0, Init 5, HP 52/52, Speed 40 ft
    AC 23, Touch 18, Flat-footed 15, CMD 25, Fort 16, Ref 13, Will 14, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Sansetsukon +7 (1d10+4, 19-20/x2)
    Double-Chained Kama +7 (1d6+3/1d6+3 or 1d6+4, 20/x2)
    Siangham +7 (1d6+3, 20/x2)
    Bracers of Armor (+2) or Mage Armor, Amulet of Natural Armor +2 (+2 Armor, +2 DEX, +6 CHA +3 Natural AC)
    Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 10, Cha 23
    Condition None
    "Ted! Get us out of here, now!" demands Cheyanne as she sees Grey cast a spell on the man outside the jail. "We can deal with the legal consequences after we save her life!" Then the Iroran uses a blanket, wrapped around one of the bars, to pull and help the bigger rager bend the bars to make room for the party to get out! (See roll in OoC thread.)

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted has multiple misgivings but attempts to break out of the cell with Cheyanne’s help.

OOC: (1d20+9)[16] vs DC 22, includes aid & rage

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

He’ll try again next round.

OOC: Assuming same modifiers (1d20+9)[16]

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ted struggles and grunts and groans as he calls upon his ancestors to give him strength. Close up with him Cheyanne, you can see his eyes are no longer human, but Lupin.... the eyes of a Wolf stare back at you as both fail to bend the bars.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

10. - Top - End - #1240

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    Female Lawful Good Half-Orc Monk/Paladin/Champion of Irori, Level 3/2/0, Init 5, HP 52/52, Speed 40 ft
    AC 23, Touch 18, Flat-footed 15, CMD 25, Fort 16, Ref 13, Will 14, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 4
    Bracers of Armor (+2) or Mage Armor, Amulet of Natural Armor +2 (+2 Armor, +2 DEX, +6 CHA +3 Natural AC)
    Condition None
    Cheyanne does her best to (momentarily) ignore Ted's changing eyes as she continues to strain at the bars...

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Aid Another attempts vs DC 10: (1d20+3)[8], (1d20+3)[10].

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Colossus in the Playground

Akla looks. "I could try to wriggle out, but I don't know what I could do on my own. But there's definitely enough space to throw bombs!"
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The bars of the window scream in protest as they are bent open enough to allow the prisoners a way out into the back alley. Greys spell hits as the man holding the whip noticeably ignored the group, he is dragged away from the woman and towards the prisoners.

With a growl under his breath, he takes off to the Left and down a side alley, the two wolves turn toward our heros, ready to attack should they leap put of the window. The woman remains in tears on the ground.
    Festival of Heroes:

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ogre in the Playground

Helen was really weirded out. Was the man the vampire? Most possibly... but what if not? - A suspicion has risen inside of her, looking at the woman.

Do not be stupid - she thought to herself, and prepared a spell to cast at the man. Another one of her Acid Splashes - just in case.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

14. - Top - End - #1244

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne Julus
    Unarmed Strike +7 (1d6+3, 20/x2)
    Condition None
    1/1 Smite Evil used today
    0/7 Lay on Hands used today
    With a grunt of effort, Cheyanne leaps up and slips through the bars, landing in a defensive stance and moving around the wolf on the right to try and avoid being flanked. "I'll try to draw them from the window - come on!"

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show
    Move to the square diagonally down and right from the right-most wolf. Acrobatics (to avoid AoOs, vs the wolf's CMD): (1d20+10)[29].

15. - Top - End - #1245

Rose wakes up from all the commotion. "Whzzat? Pancakes?" she mutters, sitting up and pulling her hat up off her eyes.

She observes her companions breaking out. Standing up, she sees the tail end of a woman abused by someone... and two more tails of wolves pressing as a wall against her companions. "Oh good. Here I was worried my stay would get boring. Well, in for a penny..."

Rose cracks her knuckles as her tail dips into a pouch and pulls out a piece of licorice root. She casts a Haste spell, then attempts to touch Cheyanne before she fully leaves the cell. Rose then touches Grey, Ted, Helen, and Akla. "You got 30 seconds. Go!"

Spoiler: Haste (Spell)
    Show
    Haste
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Components: V, S, M (a shaving of licorice root)
    Range: close (35 ft.)
    Targets: five creatures, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart
    Duration: 5 rounds
    Saving Throw Fortitude negates (harmless); Spell Resistance yes (harmless)

The transmuted creatures move and act more quickly than normal. This extra speed has several effects.

When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with one natural or manufactured weapon. The attack is made using the creature’s full base attack bonus, plus any modifiers appropriate to the situation. (This effect is not cumulative with similar effects, such as that provided by a speed weapon, nor does it actually grant an extra action, so you can’t use it to cast a second spell or otherwise take an extra action in the round.)

A hasted creature gains a +1 bonus on attack rolls and a +1 dodge bonus to AC and Reflex saves. Any condition that makes you lose your Dexterity bonus to Armor Class (if any) also makes you lose dodge bonuses.

All of the hasted creature’s modes of movement (including land movement, burrow, climb, fly, and swim) increase by 30 feet, to a maximum of twice the subject’s normal speed using that form of movement. This increase counts as an enhancement bonus, and it affects the creature’s jumping distance as normal for increased speed. Multiple haste effects don’t stack. Haste dispels and counters slow.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

16. - Top - End - #1246

Akla doesn't really have time to explain that the spell is probably better spent on someone else.

But she does have time to ready a bomb. She chucks it at whichever wolf looks less injured.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+8)[20]vs. Touch AC
    (3d6+5)[19] cold damage
    DC 17 Fort save to avoid staggered.

Show
    Show

Show

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

With Cheyannes exit. And sudden explosives from akla, both wolves move towards the left, backing away from the scene. They growl and snap if you make any motion to follow them. The woman is still on the ground crying.
    Festival of Heroes:

18. - Top - End - #1248

---------------

The shadows viciously grip the assaulting man, but Grey does not seem interested in pursuing him or his wolves. He jumps out the jail and draws his bone-hilted dagger (the aggressors are running away, but better safe than sorry) and approaches the woman and checks her conditions - if she looks wounded, Grey spares some healing to get her on her feet; that done, he says to this Akriel "Better move, I am not really in the mood to scuffle with some oversized pup - again." trying to sound both relaxed and in control, the intent to comfort the woman enough so that she would follow them back inside.

Spoiler
    Show
    If the woman looks wounded, Grey casts CLW for (1d8+5)[12] HPs healed; Grey anyway puts himself between the woman and the wolves that are running away.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

After the excitement dies down, there is a change in the atmosphere. With the departure of the dark and ominous stranger, an oppressive presence seems to have left the area. As you step toward her and your shadow falls
    across her body she raises her hands as if to ward off more blows from the whip. As she does so, her hood falls back to reveal a strikingly beautiful young lady. Her hair is long and wavy, with the dark color of a
    raven, and her eyes a soft and timid brown. Beneath her cloak, she is wearing a white blouse under a short sleeveless open jacket of gold brocade. Tears stream down her cheeks, but she seems to have suffered no lasting damage from the whip.

"Please, no more!" she cries. "I will marry you as you desire. I will be an obedient wife, just don't beat me any more!"

She slowly opens her eyes as you speak to her, seeing you are not the dark strangers she begins to wipe away her tears.

"Move? W-where are you taking me?"
    Festival of Heroes:

20. - Top - End - #1250

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    "Please, no more!" she cries. "I will marry you as you desire. I will be an obedient wife, just don't beat me any more!"
    "Well that reveals a whole lot about the guy who got away..." Rose comments.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Ogre in the Playground

Apparently, things were as they were looking at the first moment - which made Helen kinda happy (in this weird realm she got a lot of anxiety about traitors and double meanings).

- Easy. easy - she knelled by the lady - My name is Helen, I am a priest and a healer. Are you hurt? Do you feel pain? Shall I help you somehow? - she said in a kind tone of voice.

Polter.pl RPG editor

My long signature

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

She flinched from your arrival.

"Injured? No... no he never leaves marks or bruises.... just pain."

She begins to look more at your group.

"Where... did you all come from?"
    Festival of Heroes:

23. - Top - End - #1253

Akla, from her perch at the barred window, scans for any other hostiles.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    (1d20+9)[18] Perception

Show
    Show

Show

24. - Top - End - #1254

---------------

"Move? W-where are you taking me?"
    "I am not taking you anywhere." Grey quickly answers to the woman "Merely suggesting that it would be wiser to put a solid wall between you and your violent suitor." he then points towards the now unbarred jail window "It so happens the closest one is right there. And the answer to your question - where we come from - is definitely better told in front of a pint, something that we have in abundance." that said, he extends his hand to help the woman stand up with a reassuring smile.
    Last edited by Bunny Commando; 2024-02-07 at 08:46 AM.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

She blinks, looking confused.

"You.... broke.... out of prison, in order to sneak me into prison?"

She looks around, almost in a dazed or confused manner. Not seeing her violent suitor she accepts greys hand. Her manners are lady-like and timid, needing assistance to make her way into the prison cell. Once inside she takes stock of her surroundings, seeing Akla she is taken aback and retreats to the opposing wall from Akla. Looking around, seeing who else is present.
    Festival of Heroes:

26. - Top - End - #1256

seeing Akla she is taken aback and retreats to the opposing wall from Akla. Looking around, seeing who else is present.
    Rose waves. " That's Akla; she's cool, I'd vouch for her. My name's Rose."
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #1257

Akla holds her hands up, showing she's not currently armed. "I'm a friend. I helped them get your attackers away."

Show
    Show

Show

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

She seems to calm a bit the calming words from Rose, and the non-violent greetings from Akla.

"My name is Akriel, thank you for intervening. Not everyone would do that."

She gestures off towards the direction the suitor ran.

"He is a wandering bard and woodsman of these parts who has been seeking my hand in marriage. As you have seen, he has a violent temper and cannot cope with my rejection of him."

For a second, she seems to falter and looks as if she is about to begin crying again. Her thoughts, however, seem to turn in a more pleasant direction and a bit of color returns to her face. With a dreamy, far away look in her eyes she speaks again in the hushed voice of someone sharing a deep secret.

"You see, I love another. My heart is pledged to the good and kind Dr. Dominiani. He lives in a neighboring land known as Gundarak and works day and night to cure others of their ills. I was just speaking to one of his servants before I was discovered and beaten."
    Last edited by Darius Vibrtrar; 2024-02-07 at 12:31 PM.
    Festival of Heroes:

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted can’t help but be suspicious.

”Hi. I’m Ted. We heard part of what was said. It sounded like a quarrel about more than marriage. Please explain it.”
    Last edited by kinem; 2024-02-07 at 12:50 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

She nods, sniffling.

"There is another force in play, a terrible vampire, Duke Gundar, the ruler of the neighboring land that my love lives within. He has his eyes on using Dr. Dominiani in his own schemes, and will not allow him any time for love or affections of any sort. He's just a monster!"

She sobs again into her hands.
    Festival of Heroes: