New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Default Re: Cataclysm (AD&D Ravenloft -> PF1 Conversion) INC Thread

Cheyenne was able to immediately find a rope available connected to the house, set there with the very purpose of tying a raft to the underside of the house. You are able to secure the raft with no trouble.
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Firbolg in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne ties the raft up and climbs the ladder to observe the room and its occupant suspiciously. After a moment she makes it a point to look around more carefully for anything hidden or oddly out of place...

Spoiler: Perception
    Show
    (1d20+6)[17]

3. - Top - End - #243
    Bugbear in the Playground

Grey - HP: 17\17 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: Cloak of Darkness (2 hrs.)

---------------

Grey runs through the pages of the book he has taken from the man, now that he has realized the book is full of poems (albeit childish ones) he tries to find something, anything that might be related to the phrase Luc (if this is really his name) keeps repeating; he makes sure the others might look at the book while he's doing it, but he now seems quite concentrated on the task of finding some correlation, some hint, something that would remind him of the cursed prophecy that's supposedly the reason they're in this damned place.
    "Rabbit has Brain. That's why he never understands anything."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The young man is no longer repeating the same phrase while Grey is holding his book of poems. As Grey looks through the book, he finds a series of poems that cover a variety of subjects appropriate for children, but there is nothing in this book referencing the hexad, a prophecy, or even the poem he has been repeating.

As you all search and observe you hear a sudden THUNK from beneath the floor boards. A voice calls up.

"Hello? Luc? Do you have visitors?"

They mutters under thier breath

"Don't know why Im asking, your not speaking anything but that cursed poem"
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

5. - Top - End - #245

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne freezes where she is and looks towards the hole in the floor. Then with a shrug she calls out, "Hello! Yes, several of us are up here with...Luc?" She glances at the poem-speaker and sighs. "We don't mean to be rude, but we're a bit lost. Can you help us?"

6. - Top - End - #246
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

An older man sticks his head up through the floor door, his head full of silver hair, he wears priestly robes and from his hefty size, looks to be of realitively good financial status.

"Oh! You've stumbled upon him then. You're not far from town. I can guide you back if you like."

Carrying a sack he pulls himself into the room and walks casually amongst you, depositing food amongst the various barrels.

"Are you hungry? Thirsty? Feel free to eat before leaving."
    Festival of Heroes:

7. - Top - End - #247

BlackDragon

Miss Pendagrast - AC: 17 - HP: 14/14 - Perception: +9

Amelie regards the man shrewdly, but quickly ascertains he poses no immediate help.

"Greetings kind sir," Amelie gives a slight curtsy. " "I am Miss Amelie Pendagrast, and these are my companions. Would you be Marcel?"

8. - Top - End - #248
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

after pondering upon the words of the poem, I think the words of that poem might be out of order, then looking at the older man after he sticks his head up through the floor door, You can guide us to town?, that would be great, what if anything do you know of these poems we found?

9. - Top - End - #249

Grey - HP: 17\17 - Conditions: None - Active Effects: Cloak of Darkness (2 hrs.)

---------------

Grey rests his hand on his dagger, ready to draw it if the old man that suddenly showed up reveals himself to be a threat. But at least for this man does seem friendly, so Grey hands the book to him with an apologetic smile and says "I do am hungry. Swamp has been quite unkind until now." then looks around with a puzzled expression before asking "Isn't dangerous to live here? Especially for him." Grey nods towards Luc "I mean, doesn't look like he can defend himself."

10. - Top - End - #250
    Spamalot in the Playground

Rose quickly brushes off her skirt and does a quickly little bow; her tail tucked away under her clothing.

"I'm Rose. Good to meet you," she chirps in.

Rose nods to Millie's inquiry. "Indeed, if there's anything you can tell us about them."
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

11. - Top - End - #251
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Oh, I'm sorry. I am Brucian, the local shaman and man of faith"

Brucian looked among you with a discerning eye.

"Are any of you injured from your journey? I could heal and bless you to the best of my ability."

Brucian looks to Luc.

"He is a lost one, his mind is gone. I don't wish him to wander the town and someone to hurt him out of malice, so I've brought him here, he knows to stay up and safe, and to drop the ladder when someone is below but not much else. That damn poem is about the only other thing he knows, spouts it day and night."

Brucian mimes

"The on descend shall evil of night the land,
    at near signs of hexad this when hand."

He sighs

"I dont know where he heard it, it makes no sense to me at all."
    Festival of Heroes:

12. - Top - End - #252
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted looks at the man carefully. The old man seems refreshingly friendly, but as the town priest, he must be one of the few people in town who might have the skills necessary to animate the dead, as well as having access to the bodies.

OOC: Sense Motive (1d20)[10]

"Hi, I'm Ted. We recently met the Vistani; do you know of them?

I am curious. How long has Luc been this way?

I must also ask about the situation in town. We heard that there have been murders and that the dead walk. What can you tell us of such matters?"
    Last edited by kinem; 2023-03-03 at 08:11 PM.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Brucian frowns at Ted.

"The vistani? They are homeless wanderers, always asking for money or food. They are not often welcome in town. Luc has been this way.... maybe 2 weeks? The deaths in town? Oh.... thats a touchy subject... people have died. But I don't know about murders, I've heard of people falling over, then.... they get back up. Its frightening. I don't possess the power to fight them, so I cannot help other than to say prayers."

Spoiler: Ted
    Show
    you don't think he's lying
    Festival of Heroes:

14. - Top - End - #254

---------------

Grey helps himself to the food Brucian gracefully shared with them, enough to sustain him for a couple of days "So, people just...die?" he asks while packing the food, a bit puzzled by what the priest is saying "No clear cause of death? I mean, we might be able to help but we do need more information." the shadowy man says with a smile that tries to be reassuring, hopefully enough to loosen Brucian's tongue and make him share more about this damned curse they have to break if they want to have a chance to go back to their home Plane.

Spoiler
    Show
    @Darius Vibrtrar
    Do you need a Diplomacy roll?

15. - Top - End - #255
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Brucian frowns at Greys personable attempts.

"yea, they are just walking around, and suddenly.... dead. Then a few minutes later, back on thier feet, trying to kill the townsfolk, by the time I see the body afterward, its filled with pitchfork, knife, table leg, and various other wounds, that I cannot tell if there is another cause."
    Festival of Heroes:

16. - Top - End - #256

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne shakes her head at the speed with which her allies share everything with a complete stranger, especially in this dark and dismal land. She silently stays near the back, content to watch and listen as the others take up their quest with enthusiasm she doesn't entirely share.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Imp

Ted frowns. ”He’s been like this two weeks? It doesn’t seem like a coincidence with the other things all going on now.

Have you heard of the Vistani being seen in the last few weeks?

Also, how long ago did the first of these undead appear?”

18. - Top - End - #258
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Brucian ponders a moment.

"There was a colorful wagon just outside of town the last three weeks or so. Haven't seen them the last day or so, good riddance."

He glances around the group. Getting a better looking at everyone, he seems to glance over Grey, Ted, and Mrs. Pendergast, but his eyes linger on Cheyanne, Rose, and Millie.

"The undead seem to have appeared within minutes of the first death. The corpse getting up and all."

He moves to luc as he pulls out a clean set of clothes.

"I need to give him a fresh change, if the missus would like to avert thier eyes."

He does wait for any who wish to do so as he begins changing Lucas clothes.
    Festival of Heroes:

19. - Top - End - #259

NecromancerGuy

Cheyanne turns away and asks, "Are the vistani problems? They welcomed us to the safety of their camp last night, unbidden, but we are strangers here. We don't know what to expect from folks...Are they untrustworthy?"

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Brucien makes a sign across himself, before continuing to speak.

"They bring about disease, curses, and trouble. Homeless vagabonds and transients the lot of them. They come around and trouble stirs up not long after. They are always asking for handouts and money instead of doing work and making a living on their own."
    Festival of Heroes:

21. - Top - End - #261

---------------

Grey mulls over who he should believe, given what Brucian is sharing with them about the Vistani the shadowy man wonders if his first instinct (about the carnival being just a elaborate con) was right. Of course it might also be this Brucian is just a judgmental villain...
    ...and that is why he doesn't turn when Brucian starts changing Luc's clothes, better to keep an eye on the old priest to make sure he's not going to try some trick on them and keeps asking Brucian about what's happening in town "So how's the situation now? Is anyone doing anything to find a solution, someone we might talk to?"

22. - Top - End - #262
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Brucian eventually was able to finish changing Luc into fresh clothes, he places the soiled laundry into a sack.

"Do?.... at the moment we are keeping calm to carry on. We have hoped that this is just a.... temporary thing that will pass. But if things do not change.... we may need to seek outside of our town for help. Hire adventurers, professionals.... call for anyone who could assist."

Brucian looks specifically towards Grey, Ms. Pendergast and Ted.

"You could easily speak with the townsfolk... if you would seek to help our town I am sure we could find a way to compensate you for your efforts. They may know things I am not yet aware of."
    Festival of Heroes:

23. - Top - End - #263

Rose listens to the conversation. She can't think of any further questions to ask that haven't already been said.

"Seems like we will find a lot going on at this town," she mentions to her party.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

24. - Top - End - #264

BlackDragon

Miss Pendagrast - AC: 17 - HP: 14/14 - Perception: +9

After she has given Brucian the privacy needed for his chore, Amelie addresses him.
    "You are too kind sir," Amelie says with her usual politeness. "I do not know if we can do anything to help, but as newcomers to this land, it would not be neighborly not to try."Finally, she adds, "Sorry to trouble you further, but you haven't seen a tall blonde man in town, have you? Goes by the name Trystan, Trystan Pendagrast?"

25. - Top - End - #265
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

"Trystan? I'm sorry my child, I've not met this man before, his name sounds foreign to me, so he would be easy to find in town."

He finished up with luc and groomed the man's hair gently.

"Is there anything else before we head back?"
    Festival of Heroes:

26. - Top - End - #266

Rose shakes her head no. She can't think of anything further.
    Digo Dragon - Artist

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

minding her manors, not talking much and observing things as she follows Miss Pendagrast about.

28. - Top - End - #268

---------------

Grey again makes a mental note that this Trystan does seem quite important to Amelie (family bonds are something he has trouble to fully understand, though) but again says nothing, even though he throws a look at the noblewoman that says "We should have a talk about this". He then nods to Brucian "Sure, let's head back. If you could share some information about your town while we travel through this swamp, it would be quite useful. As the lady has said, we're not exactly from around here so customs, faith, politics...anything that could help us understand your people."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Brucian smiles

"Well. I am an anchorite, a follower of the Saint Ezra, guardian of the mists. I came to this town by way of the port from Dementlieu. She saw those lost in the mists as forgotten and abandoned and reaches out to protect those in need."

He begins to head down to the rafts below, waiting for everyone to follow.

"Our town is pretty basic, Inn, bakery, carpenter, general store, blacksmith, church, cemetery, tailor shop, the plantation, candy shop. All pretty normal."

He glances specifically at Grey, Ted, and Miss Pendergast.

"You should be welcome in town"

He thinks looks across to Rose, Millie, and Cheyanne.

"Our constable is in charge of ensuring the safety of the town from... foreigners and other threats. I believe he is trying his best with this mystery, but it may be beyond him."
    Festival of Heroes:

30. - Top - End - #270

Rose follows their gracious host.

"Well we can certainly lend a hand with this. We might be foreigners, but we don't like the dead getting back up either."
    Digo Dragon - Artist