New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Default Re: Wells of Darkness

post hey I have spent real money - pc power supply replaced
    Last edited by samduke; 2023-05-30 at 01:51 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

That sucks, but could have been worse. I had to replace my power supplies on my last two computers. At least it wasn't a CPU, motherboard, or hard drive burnout.

I am in the process of picking new players now, so we can get going again very soon. Thanks for your patience.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    That sucks, but could have been worse. I had to replace my power supplies on my last two computers. At least it wasn't a CPU, motherboard, or hard drive burnout.

I am in the process of picking new players now, so we can get going again very soon. Thanks for your patience.
    yeah well i am extremely knowledgeable, I had this narrowed down to bad power supply or bad cpu, but as I did not have a spare to test with, I had to take the chance on the cheaper power supply.

great to hear on players

4. - Top - End - #94
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I have made my selections. It was tough, there were many high quality apps, and most of them tried to fill the caster slot. I ended up with three casters, as those were the apps I felt best suited to the game.

Please welcome Belgareth, Starmage 21, and Warlawk.

Welcome to the game. Please pick a colour, and you cans tart reading through the IC thread to catch up. You haven't missed a lot. Start posting as soon as you are prepared. You can assume you were with the party the whole time, but kept in the background, so you know all that has been discussed. The link to the IC thread is below:

https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...2#post25709022

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

Checking in, will speak in Orange. Will catch up on the IC thread and do any touch up needed on the character sheet.

@Paradox You indicated in the recruitment thread that we can just set aside some gold as generic "Expensive Material Components" correct?
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Welcome to BelGareth, Starmage21, and Warlawk

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ettin in the Playground

Glad to have y'all!
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Hey all! And thanks for selecting me!

Think I’ll grab bold This

https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2795238
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2023-06-04 at 02:02 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

9. - Top - End - #99

As I'm doing the finishing touches on my character sheet, are there any Wizard (Arcanist) spells that people want to be sure I have either in my book for offtime utility or in daily memory for regular usage?

EDIT: Daily spells can be found on my Character Sheet, while the complete Spellbook can be found here.

EDIT2: A question for P26 regarding stacking of bonuses from Akashic Veils. If I have an insight bonus to Knowledge checks, and I have a veil that allows me to reroll a failed int based skill check with an insight bonus do they stack? I know bonuses of the same type don't stack obviously, but they are bonuses to different things (Int based skill checks and knowledge checks).

The veils in question are these
    https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.co...ourd_of_Wisdom
    https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.co...Akashic_Record

Spoiler: Veil text, for easy access. Relevant portions bolded and highlighted
    Show

Book and Quill of the Akashic Record
    View source

Descriptors: Enhanced (dagger), Enhanced (light shield)

Class: Guru, Kheshig, Nexus, Radiant, Soulforge, Vizier

Slot: Hands

Saving Throw: See text

A steel chained lariat wraps around the veilweaver’s hand. From this chain hangs two charms that depict a book and a quill.

Shaping this veil allows you to conjure a book and quill directly from the akashic record. These objects do not necessarily have to be a book and quill; they take the shape of a writing implement you are most comfortable using, and a book-like object you would write in using that implement (you could conjure a fountain pen, if you know of them, or a chisel and slate).

The quill conjured by this veil can be wielded as a dagger, and can produce its own ink when writing in any color you can imagine, the color of which can be changed as a swift action. A thrown quill dissipates after the attack is resolved.

The book produced by this veil can be wielded as a light shield and contains an infinite amount of pages. Anything you write in the book is retained between shapings of this veil. You may tear a page from the book to permanently remove something you wrote, which causes the page to disintegrate upon being removed. This book also reacts to your will, turning to whichever page you like upon being opened.

The book created by this veil can also be used to draw information directly from the akashic record in a very limited way; whenever you would make a Knowledge check, you may spend a full-round action to flip through the pages of the book to receive a +2 insight bonus to that check. This also applies to Research checks, if using the Research rules.

The book and quill produced by this veil are enhanced as separate items.

Essence: For each point of essence invested into this veil the bonus granted by the knowledge checks utilizing the book increases by +1, and you gain a +2 insight bonus to damage rolls made using the quill. For every 2 points of essence invested, you gain a +1 insight bonus to attack rolls made using the quill.

Gourd of Wisdom
    View source

Descriptors: None

Class: Fisherking, Guru, Huay, Lunar, Promethean, Radiant, Spellweaver, Vizier, Volur

Slot: Belt

This simple drinking gourd hangs heavily from your waist on a belt of elastic spider silk.

A number times per day equal to 3 + your veilweaving modifier, you can take a drink from the sweet liquid within this gourd as an immediate action in response to failing an Intelligence based skill check. You then reroll the check with a +2 insight bonus.
    Essence: For each point of essence invested in this veil, the insight bonus it grants to rerolled Intelligence based skill checks increases by 1.

EDIT3: P26 I just want to be sure that you're okay with purely fluff based reflavoring of abilities? As an example I would like to change Pestilence Cloak veil from being swarms of bugs surrounding the user to being something more fitting for the character like motes of magical energy. No mechanical changes.

Similarly are you open to very minor mechanical changes to veils? For instance the Lyricists Lament grants bonuses to perform (String), but I would love to have it instead grant bonuses to Perform (Sing). IIRC I don't actually have any features, spells or abilities that rely on that skill check, I just want to pump it up for when he spends some quality time singing with Syra.
    Last edited by Warlawk; 2023-06-04 at 04:57 PM.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Titan in the Playground

Let me know if there are any spells on my list, seeing as you are a wizard base, and I’m a sorcerer based, I can;’t change my spell list like you. Looks like we have a few utility spells in common, but I don’t see an issue with that, stuff like fly, haste, teleport etc.

But I’m happy to change some, assuming that’s ok P26?

I’m mostly a utility caster, with a smidgen of blasting.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Let me know if there are any spells on my list, seeing as you are a wizard base, and I’m a sorcerer based, I can;’t change my spell list like you. Looks like we have a few utility spells in common, but I don’t see an issue with that, stuff like fly, haste, teleport etc.

Hah, same for me in being primarily a support caster. I was VERY tempted when I first started the character to go the same oracle/sorcerer route that you did but decided to switch things up a bit and try out an Akashic class that I thought was neat.

I don't think that doubling up is necessarily bad, I can switch out my active spells for the day so we aren't doubling up too much but still have access through arcanist spell swap shenanigans. I am going to go ahead and swap out (from daily spells, not spellbook) the Teleport/Planar travel stuff since you have it and I can get it back if needed.

Also keep in mind for party suggestions that I have a feat that will let me cast any spell from any list twice per day. So if there is a niche spell that matches up with a situation feel free to suggest it! With a 41 KArcana and 45 Spellcraft my character knows spell lists better than I do, so you guys can be my backup there!

12. - Top - End - #102
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Warlawk View Post
    Hah, same for me in being primarily a support caster. I was VERY tempted when I first started the character to go the same oracle/sorcerer route that you did but decided to switch things up a bit and try out an Akashic class that I thought was neat.

I don't think that doubling up is necessarily bad, I can switch out my active spells for the day so we aren't doubling up too much but still have access through arcanist spell swap shenanigans. I am going to go ahead and swap out (from daily spells, not spellbook) the Teleport/Planar travel stuff since you have it and I can get it back if needed.

Also keep in mind for party suggestions that I have a feat that will let me cast any spell from any list twice per day. So if there is a niche spell that matches up with a situation feel free to suggest it! With a 41 KArcana and 45 Spellcraft my character knows spell lists better than I do, so you guys can be my backup there!
    Nice, works for me. Also of note all my conjuration (teleport) spells are enlarged, so double the range.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

13. - Top - End - #103
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Checking in, will speak in Orange. Will catch up on the IC thread and do any touch up needed on the character sheet.

@Paradox You indicated in the recruitment thread that we can just set aside some gold as generic "Expensive Material Components" correct?
    That is correct, yes.
    As I'm doing the finishing touches on my character sheet, are there any Wizard (Arcanist) spells that people want to be sure I have either in my book for offtime utility or in daily memory for regular usage?

EDIT: Daily spells can be found on my Character Sheet, while the complete Spellbook can be found here.

EDIT2: A question for P26 regarding stacking of bonuses from Akashic Veils. If I have an insight bonus to Knowledge checks, and I have a veil that allows me to reroll a failed int based skill check with an insight bonus do they stack? I know bonuses of the same type don't stack obviously, but they are bonuses to different things (Int based skill checks and knowledge checks).

The veils in question are these
    https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.co...ourd_of_Wisdom
    https://libraryofmetzofitz.fandom.co...Akashic_Record

EDIT3: P26 I just want to be sure that you're okay with purely fluff based reflavoring of abilities? As an example I would like to change Pestilence Cloak veil from being swarms of bugs surrounding the user to being something more fitting for the character like motes of magical energy. No mechanical changes.

Similarly are you open to very minor mechanical changes to veils? For instance the Lyricists Lament grants bonuses to perform (String), but I would love to have it instead grant bonuses to Perform (Sing). IIRC I don't actually have any features, spells or abilities that rely on that skill check, I just want to pump it up for when he spends some quality time singing with Syra.
    They wouldn't stack, as they are both Insight bonuses, but you would still get your reroll, just with a final bonus of +2, not +4.
    Yes, you can make fluff based changes to effects for sure. And you can swap String for Sing without a problem.

That is fine to swap spells, now that you are in the game.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

Jaxon will speak in Bold Dark Grey. His internal monologue will be italicized.

Character sheet as well as any quick reference below. I have a lot of pre-built sphere effects set up as spell cards to make casting them a whole lot easier.

Class A: Incanter 21
    Class B: Sphere Arcanist 15/Spheres Archwizard 6
    Race: Magically Augmented Human
    Ht./Wt.: 6'0"/175 lbs
    Hair/Eyes: Brown/Hazel
    Description: The garb of traditional magicians, a combination of robe and cloak, tends to conceal the fit and wiry frame of Jaxon. His recently shaven face bear a modest nose, and thin lips give Jaxon something of an everyman look which is only interrupted by his hazel eyes. Brown hair shorn short and oiled back away from his face, combined with the dark accommodating colors of his robe and cloak mark Jaxon's sense of style as utilitarian at worst. The shock of red glass contained within his staff draws the eye of an onlooker away as the only brightly colored piece of his gear or accoutrements.
    Personality: Aloof, self-absorbed, and reticent from those outside the circle of close friends around whom he'd let his guard down. Amongst his friends, devilish, fun-loving, garrulous and jovial.
    Jaxon uses a lot of ribs and jibes amongst his friends which would be a horrible way to treat them if they did not know that he lacked any sort of ill intent. He also is absolutely polite and cordial to anyone he does not like, or considers an enemy. This can create the illusion that he treats his friends worse than his adversaries. Something he often jokes about when discussing his introspections with others.
    Step 1: write five things about your character’s concept and background, five things that you think are the most essential parts of your character. You don’t have to stop at five, if you like…this is just a minimum.
    Came from nothing. Jaxon’s parents were day laborers that scraped and saved to pay to have him educated by members of a local artisan’s guild that made use of his father’s labor.aniel
    Natural Talent. Jaxon took to reading and writing as if it was instinctual. Within a year Jaxon had consumed several treatises on politics, history, and magical theory that many would consider advanced subjects.
    Refinement of Natural Ability. Guild members were impressed by Jaxon’s talents, and offered him more and more difficult tasks for training and work. He’d done enough work for the guild to not only ensure not only his own guild membership, but his father’s as well all by the time he was nineteen.
    Notice of the Master. Guild Master Lecheron took notice of Jaxon as a result of his work and talents, and took him as his personal apprentice. He was taught magic in exchange for work in Lecheron’s laboratories. He was also able to utilize the labs for any of his own experiments and learning as a result.
    Violence is not the only solution, but often it is the only achievable solution. Extreme creativity is often required to avoid violence.
    Self-Absorption. If the gods were not plotting the demise of mortal men, I’d be back in my workshop.
    Mutual Self-Interest gets **** done.

Step 2: List two goals for the character that you, as a player, think would be cool to see accomplished in-game.
    Prove to The Gods that mortal men are capable of feats even greater than gods could ever hope.
    Find or create an artifact which can be used against the gods, for either use, or as leverage against conflict.

Step 3: List two secrets about your character. One is a secret the character knows, one is a secret that involves him but that he is not actually aware of yet. This will help in creating plots that center around your character.
    The name that Jaxon uses is not his true name. Jaxon wanted to prevent any enemies or the gods from exacting revenge against his family, and so he took on a new name.
    (Unknown) Cursed by power. Jaxon comes from a bloodline that spans multiple worlds, born of the scattered children of a mortal ascended to godhood. An enemy of that god cursed his bloodline that they may always find power, and thus never have peace.

Step 4: Describe three people that are tied to the character through blood, romance or honor. Two of them are friendly to the character, one is hostile. All can do something useful for you, if you can get the situations to line up.
    Guild Master Markus Zurvan
    Archsage Aleksandr Avestrum
    (Hostile) Roxzor, The Rune Smith; A stone giant

Step 5: Describe three memories that your character has. They don't have to be elaborate, but they should provide some context and flavor.
    During the construction of Jaxon’s Warp Staff, Jaxon needed knowledge on rune-crafting to carve the many runes that contain the massive energy of the staff. He stole this information from Roxzor, because Roxzor had unreasonable demands for sharing the information.
    Guild Master Zurvan allowed Jaxon to read advanced texts contained within his library at an age that had an impact on Jaxon. In his interactions with others his own age, he found himself disappointed and sad that the others were not as educated as he was.
    The purchase of his farmland. They had always been day laborers, working for the guild. The transition to owning and operating their own farm was a momentous occasion, which meant that their acquired skills over the years could be put to use for their own ends.
    Commonly Used Sphere Effects
    Spoiler: Enhance Armor
    Show

Enhance Armor
    Action: Standard
    Spell Points: 1
    Range: Medium
    Duration: 21 hours
    Talents & Spheres: Enhancement [Enhance] (Enhance Equipment), Deep Enhancement, Greater Enhance Equipment, Natural Enhancement
    Augment: Mass Enhancement +1 SP
    Effect: +6 Enhancement Bonus to Armor, Shield, or Natural Armor
    Spoiler: Enhance Attribute
    Show

Enhance Attribute
    Talents & Spheres: Enhancement [Enhance] (Enhance Equipment), Deep Enhancement, Greater Enhance Equipment, Physical Enhancement OR Mental Enhancement
    Effect: +8 Enhancement Bonus to one attribute
    Spoiler: Enhance Skill
    Show

Enhance Skill
    Talents & Spheres: Enhancement [Enhance] (Enhance Equipment), Deep Enhancement, Greater Enhance Equipment, Enhance Focus
    Effect: +12 Enhancement Bonus to one skill
    Spoiler: Protective Shield
    Show

Protective Shield
    Range: Close
    Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis] (Deflection)
    Effect: +5 Deflection Bonus to Armor Class
    Spoiler: Force Screen
    Show

Force Screen
    Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis], Ablating
    Effect: Miss Chance 50%. -5% For each attack prevented.
    Spoiler: Mirror Shield
    Show

Mirror Shield
    Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis], Ray Deflection
    Effect: 45% Chance to Reflect Rays
    Spoiler: Spell Resistance
    Show

Spell Resistance
    Spell Points: 2
    Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis], Spell Ward
    Effect: Spell Resistance 36
    Spoiler: Protection From Energy
    Show

Protection From Energy
    Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis], Energy Resistance
    Effect: Energy Resistance 36 vs 1 Energy Type (Acid, Cold, Electricity, Fire, Sonic)
    Spoiler: Mystic Shell
    Show

Mystic Shell
    Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis], Mystic Shell
    Effect: 4 Layers which are dispelled first. Layers can be sacrificed for Succor talents.
    Spoiler: Temporal Acceleration
    Show

Temporal Acceleration
    Duration: 21 Rounds
    Talents & Spheres: Time [Alter Time] (Haste), Improved Haste, Temporal Haste
    Augment: Mass Enhancement +1 SP, Extend +1 SP
    Effect: +30ft Movement (Enhancement), +3 Attack Rolls, +3 AC (Dodge), +1 Attack on Full Attack, +5 Attacks of Opportunity, +1 Move OR Swift Action.
    Spoiler: Temporal Blur
    Show

Temporal Blur
    Duration: 21 Minutes
    Talents & Spheres: Time, After Image
    Augment: Mass Enhancement +1 SP, Extend +1 SP
    Effect: 50% Miss Chance (Concealment)
    Spoiler: Stoneskin
    Show

Stoneskin
    Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis], Obstruction
    Effect: DR 14/- Capacity 250HP
    Spoiler: Planar Protection
    Show

Planar Protection
    Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis], Breathless [Aegis], Planar Refuge[Aegis]
    Effect: Subject no longer needs to breathe and is protected from harmful planar environment traits.
    Spoiler: Negative Energy Protection
    Show

Negative Energy Protection
    Talents & Spheres: Protection [Aegis], Deathless [Aegis], Undying [Aegis]
    Effect: Subject is immune to Energy Drain and Negative Energy effects including Channel Energy. In addition the subject of Death subtype spells or sphere effects which do not allow a save can negate those effects with a Will save with a +4 Morale bonus.
    Spoiler: Writing Sample 1
    Show
    Aldik Adath, The Archwizard

In the main door of the ziggurat's main chamber stands a humanoid figure of medium height where previously there stood no one. His first step forward into the chamber barely making a sound, as if his body carried no weight. Crimson pinpoints shine from beneath the shadow of the figure's hood. His second step into the room preceded by the metal on stone 'clink' of his staff used was a walking stick, a deep red ruby atop the staff focuses the sunlight from behind him into a red beam that is cast upon the floor ahead of the figure. The figure wears a red cloak, almost as dark as the ruby atop his staff, and brightly colored robes. As he proceeds towards the throne of Ashourina, the figure's features begin to be revealed beneath the shadow of the room, no longer concealed by the contrast from the sunlight outside. He is nothing but a bleached white skeleton, with no flesh about his animated bones to speak of.

The figure confidently approaches the throne, and kneels. Head lowered, he speaks with a raspy whisper of a voice which still carries the inflection of utmost respect

"My Queen...your servant, Archwizard Adath, answers your call. How may I be of service to you?"

Spoiler: Writing Sample 2
    Show
    Daroph sighs. Sitting in a bar like this wasn't going to fill his ever-shrinking purse if he couldnt find someone that could use his fairly rare set of skills. It was supposed to be easier than this to get someone to pay you to use magic that was by and large fun to use and a power trip from hell.

Daroph chuckles at that last thought. "power trip from hell...supposedly literally!" he mutters with a chuckle into his empty tankard.

Daroph is average looking specimen of the human race. He'd still get lost in the crowd with flat blond hair and green eyes looking pretty much like every other human. His clothing is dark and made of heavy cloth and leathers, but seen its fair share of use even if in reasonable condition. A dark brown cloak covers pretty much the rest of his adventuring gear in a heap on the floor next to him. He watches it cautiously as if it may contain something valuable, or it might just be every meager thing he owns.

In spite of having no particular moral qualms with banditry, it absolutely wasn't on the list of things he was willing to do, when there was supposedly enough people around willing to pay for legitimate business he was more than capable of carrying out.
    Last edited by Starmage21; 2023-06-14 at 08:44 AM.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Regarding us new people joining the group: Are we to proceed as if we were always there, or did we have a separate meeting with Malcanthet?

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

@starmage21, already grabbed dark red, i can change if you really want it tho?
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

@starmage21, already grabbed dark red, i can change if you really want it tho?
    I'll change. I was gonna do indigo but someone already has purple too :D

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

I havent gotten an answer yet. I'm just gonna post as if I've always been there.

There are two questions I would ask Malcanthet while we were with her:
    1. Are there any who are aware of this plan and will actively try to stop us from completing this objective?
    2. Is this a secret plan? How much discretion would you like us to observe?

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starmage21 View Post
    Regarding us new people joining the group: Are we to proceed as if we were always there, or did we have a separate meeting with Malcanthet?
    Yes, assume you have always been with the group, so you know all that has been discussed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starmage21 View Post
    I havent gotten an answer yet. I'm just gonna post as if I've always been there.

There are two questions I would ask Malcanthet while we were with her:
    1. Are there any who are aware of this plan and will actively try to stop us from completing this objective?
    2. Is this a secret plan? How much discretion would you like us to observe?
    1. No one knows of the plan at this stage, other than the nalfeshnee guard to Red Shroud's throne room, Red Shroud, now that you have told her, and Malcanthet herself. The plans of demon princes are not widely discussed.
    2. It is a secret plan by necessity. Demogorgon will not be happy with the proposed actions, so if he learns of it he will try to stop it by any means necessary. So proceed with caution, telling only as much as you must only to those that you must.

Sorry I have been silent, everyone. For some unknown reason the forum has stopped sending email updates on the latest posts, so I thought no one had responded to my last post.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Titan in the Playground

quick question i thought about, are the demons all speaking in common, or demonic?
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

21. - Top - End - #111
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The demons are all speaking in Common out of courtesy, as they assume mortals don't speak demonic.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2023-06-11 at 04:44 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

The demons are all speaking in Common out of courtesy, as they assume mortals don't speak demonic.
    would they speak infernal or abyssal - do not recall demonic as a language :)

23. - Top - End - #113
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    would they speak infernal or abyssal - do not recall demonic as a language :)
    Yep, you right
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

24. - Top - End - #114
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sorry, Abyssal. I have been reading old Planescape 2E books lately, and they tend to refer to Abyssal as demonic, as demons come from the Abyss. Though they also called them Tanar'ri. A pity the old names were lost in the edition changes.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry, Abyssal. I have been reading old Planescape 2E books lately, and they tend to refer to Abyssal as demonic, as demons come from the Abyss. Though they also called them Tanar'ri. A pity the old names were lost in the edition changes.
    Planescape is my absolute favorite campaign setting. I am miffed at the loss of things like that too, as the Baatezu and Tanar'ri were actually sub groups of devils demons that represented the most numerous groups but not all demons and devils were tanar'ri and Baatezu (respectively).

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

Love tanar'ri and baatezu, soooo much cooler names.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

27. - Top - End - #117
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

@ Warlawk
    a spell that could help us locate our target
    Discern Location
    To find a creature with the spell, you must have seen the creature or have some item that once belonged to it.
    * ? I do not think we have seen, nor possess an item ?

Knowledge Planes (1d20+36)[52]
    Perception (1d20+35)[42]
    Stealth (1d20+35)[50]

28. - Top - End - #118

Hah, I believe you're likely correct. Not sure why I was thinking in my head that we had something belonging to our target but on quick review we likely don't.

29. - Top - End - #119

Double post for a knowledge check.
    Knowledge Planes (1d20+49)[52]

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Anyone know any ways to get around resistance/immunity? I am suddenly realizing I have several kinda unusable spells...which isn't really the worst thing in the world, more annoying
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2023-06-14 at 03:47 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A