New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Wells of Darkness

Found out on very short notice that I will be moving at the end of the month and there's much to do. I should have enough time for regular posts until we get to the last few days of the month when we are actually moving though. If there's a lapse waiting on me feel free to just assume that Rysn takes reasonable actions to move things forward.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

No worries, Warlawk. Thanks for the heads up. We will run you in the background if you are unable to post.

Also, just a warning. My mother in law is back in hospital again, so I am spending all of my free time there with her. So my posts may be a little more sparse than normal. She should be home in a few days though hopefully.

Bel, did you want your spell to replicate a Disjunction spell? If so, please give me a roll of 1d100, needing to roll below your caster level for success. Because otherwise I will rule that the spell creates a rope that will allow you to climb down into the pit, since that will also bypass the problem. As you say, miracle spells can be unpredictable.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2023-07-09 at 06:20 AM.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    No worries, Warlawk. Thanks for the heads up. We will run you in the background if you are unable to post.

Also, just a warning. My mother in law is back in hospital again, so I am spending all of my free time there with her. So my posts may be a little more sparse than normal. She should be home in a few days though hopefully.

Bel, did you want your spell to replicate a Disjunction spell? If so, please give me a roll of 1d100, needing to roll below your caster level for success. Because otherwise I will rule that the spell creates a rope that will allow you to climb down into the pit, since that will also bypass the problem. As you say, miracle spells can be unpredictable.
    No to the disjunction, I was hoping for something better than a rope as my guy is slow and weak, but if that’s what we get then the multiverse confirmed our thoughts and we’re still good.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Every day I'm learning. Turns out the Spheres of Power system uses a feat chain for Dispel Magic type effects. A feat chain which i do not have even one member of. So, I can counterspell things as theyre cast via the Arcanist Exploit chain, but once a spell like this Anti-Magic Field is in place, there isnt anything I can do.

http://spheresofpower.wikidot.com/co...ell-feats#toc2

DERP

TIL

5. - Top - End - #155
    Titan in the Playground

So if all we get is a Rope, then lets do that. My Liege Deity apparently hates me, and wants me to climb down a rope. lol
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    So if all we get is a Rope, then lets do that. My Liege Deity apparently hates me, and wants me to climb down a rope. lol
    It’s okay, we’ll just tie you to the end of it and slowly lower you into the trees.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gunhaven View Post
    It’s okay, we’ll just tie you to the end of it and slowly lower you into the trees.
    That actual works for me.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

or you could lower Reiza Duneknight, as an alternative

9. - Top - End - #159

...It is as if the Burning One didn't want to waste the spell on such an obvious choice of action.
    Ever feel like we might be overthinking things a bit?

Short on time right this second but will get something up this afternoon.
    A man who dies fighting with his principles intact dies in glory. To expect enemies to follow the same code of honor defiles that honor, reducing it to a set of arbitrary rules.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Warlawk View Post
    Ever feel like we might be overthinking things a bit?

Short on time right this second but will get something up this afternoon.
    yeah, thankfully we have a gracious dm who didn't take my costly spell components. I feel appropriately humbled.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

11. - Top - End - #161

yeah, thankfully we have a gracious dm who didn't take my costly spell components.
    Agreed, well handled.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I couldn't punish you to the tune of thousands of GP worth of wealth for something as simple as overlooking a potential way to descend.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

How far above are we from the 4 armed demons and are we directly above or are they all around the edges ?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

They are about ten feet below you when they stop climbing, and they are around the edges, but close enough that you probably couldn't sneak past them using pure speed.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

*looks at character sheet*
    LOL

ya'll gonna have to help my weak ass down the rope. My climb without magic is +1 :P

Can I take 10?

I'm considering a jump and just eating the fall damage.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starmage21 View Post
    LOL

ya'll gonna have to help my weak ass down the rope. My climb without magic is +1 :P

Can I take 10?

I'm with you on that, my movement is even slower as well, due to my flaw.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

LOL

Can I take 10?

I was considering jump but with weapon drawn and land on them...

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    I was considering jump but with weapon drawn and land on them...
    Do you want to try a diplomatic solution first? Trying to annihilate an entire tribe of demonic girallons in an AMF might prove taxing. It seems like what they want is tribute. We can offer them something, or a service if necessary.

19. - Top - End - #169

As the group starts to tentatively descend into the darkness, You see movement below.
    Just for clarification are we within the the AMZ? Are the creatures within the AMZ? Just want to be sure I have a clear idea.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ettin in the Playground

I’m fine with either take. If a drinking contest solves it then that feels as appropriate as punching.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

Do you want to try a diplomatic solution first? Trying to annihilate an entire tribe of demonic girallons in an AMF might prove taxing. It seems like what they want is tribute. We can offer them something, or a service if necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warlawk View Post
    Just for clarification are we within the the AMZ? Are the creatures within the AMZ? Just want to be sure I have a clear idea.
    well I guess there was no mention of if we were already within the AMZ, because that greatly would alter what Reiza would do/ have done as an AMZ turns off most magic items and spells ect..

@paradox26- can we get this clarified before adjudicating what I posted in IC

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

I think it's something we need to figure out, whoever went down can test, they should know if their items are working or not.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

You stop a couple of feet outside of the AMZ, so yes, you can still use your powers. But Sam's Truestrike spell would fail once she goes into the AMZ field. I will allow you to rejig your last post if you want to take that into consideration and change your actions, Sam.

And you could jump, but I warn you that if you fail your check, you will be considered prone and flat footed as you would land in the branches of the trees and be all over the place.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2023-07-20 at 02:40 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

You stop a couple of feet outside of the AMZ, so yes, you can still use your powers. But Sam's Truestrike spell would fail once she goes into the AMZ field. I will allow you to rejig your last post if you want to take that into consideration and change your actions, Sam.

And you could jump, but I warn you that if you fail your check, you will be considered prone and flat footed as you would land in the branches of the trees and be all over the place.
    So a jump to the bottom, there is a tree to land in and take extra damage from.. is that correct ?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

if that info is relayed, you could theoretically cast Feather fall as it is an immediate action, would help with the prone issue, but then you would have to fight them in the trees, which seems like the way to go, can everyone cast that? I unfortunately do not, lol

EDIT: also curious if we can teleport through it, or DD through it. Technically speaking, that feels like it would work, as you are not traveling through anything, unlike shadowalk and the like.
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2023-07-20 at 04:07 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ettin in the Playground

Shoot if DD works then we could just go on the dragon express. I got Abundant Step, I might as well use it to yeet myself to the bottom.
    New job, who dis?

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

we know we are above the Anti Magic Field at the moment.
    But Anti Magic Field Zone, presuming a standard spell area
    Area 10-ft.-radius emanation, centered on creature

without knowing where it starts/ends, center, actual size, would DD effect actually work, due to range?
    passing through debatable on if anything occurs

Feather fall the moment you enter the field gets turned off and the rest is fall damage, this was discussed when I mentioned it earlier

Teleport could work if we can see the spot where were going otherwise that is a huge risk best left un-taken

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

It stops 10ft through, so like I said, if that can be communicated, then you can use feather fall, hell, even if it’s not.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

PirateWench

It stops 10ft through, so like I said, if that can be communicated, then you can use feather fall, hell, even if it’s not.
    right, well unless someone who noticed where that field is says something in IC, I will give this a RL day or two and then if no one posts reiza will just jump, cuz she would.

30. - Top - End - #180

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    But Anti Magic Field Zone, presuming a standard spell area
    Area 10-ft.-radius emanation, centered on creature
    I was operating under the assumption that it was much larger, as in everything below the line was an AMZ. If it's just standard size that changes things significantly