New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Feast of Dust

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Feast of Dust

Here is the OOC thread for the Feast of Dust game. Please introduce yourselves and finalise any last aspects of your characters while I get the IC thread organised.

Here is the first link, to the recruitment thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...-Feast-of-Dust

Here is the link to the IC thread: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...5#post25709025

Link to the re-recruitment thread for the second round of players: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthre...re-recruitment
    Last edited by paradox26; 2023-05-28 at 02:13 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Feast of Dust

Thanks for the selection, I appreciate it.

Can barely think I'm so sick right now, so may be a little delayed in getting Mahasset finalized, but wanted to check in while I had the energy.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Checking in. I think Becka is complete and ready to go. Probably talk in red if that is okay.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Hi everyone. Can't wait to hit the sand.
    Paradox26, I will pick spells for the day if you will give us a hint where we are.
    Thanks for choosing me.
    How about this color for the golden sands?

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

You will be starting in or near the town of Dimayen, in the Meraz Desert of Qadira in Golarion, the Gateway to the East. The four Herald of Dust, possibly harbingers of the Horsemen of the Apocalypse, destroyed what was a prosperous savannah territory with their cultists. The Black Tower of Abaddon was even drawn onto Golarion by the Four. The forces of good fought back and managed to capture the harbingers souls in four items of power. These Oblivion Keys were guarded by the forces of good, known as the Sentinels of Meraz. Their desert citadel became wealthy and came to be known as Shadun.

However, twin volcanoes erupted nearby, and the four artifacts were divided, with one being entombed there and the others being separated. Three artifacts are now secured or lost, and only the Ravenous Blade remains mobile, held by the Sentinels. But now jackals roam the land, dropping bones at the feet of certain people, who inevitably go mad afterwards. It appears the Feast of Dust has returned, and with it the Jackal Prince of Famine, one of the four harbingers.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

I’ll take dark red for Randa

However, I was wondering something for the rest of the PCs: Randa is a wanted criminal and infamous “witch”. She’s still trying to find a cure for the plague, but does this affect anything?

How did we decide to join forces on this one?
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

As long as you would work to prevent a harbinger of the apocalypse then you are fine.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    As long as you would work to prevent a harbinger of the apocalypse then you are fine.
    Totally. Becka isn't hung up on law and order. She values personal freedom and security (and helping others). She also is a bit of an outcast herself being a tiefling. They could get along like peas in a pod. Looking over Randa's sheet, likely that pod is on fire, along with everything else.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm now picturing that she and Randa are drinking buddies pretending to be wine-snobs, an idea which I insist we at least humor for awhile. :V

Jokes aside, they might have become fast friends leading up to this. Like Conan and Subotai.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Just a heads up. The game is still going ahead. It is just that my houseguest is still here and taking up most of my time. He will probably be gone in a few days, but I will try to get the first IC post up before then.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

I appreciate the update, had been wondering if we'd fizzled.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

No fizzle. I have just been busy with a houseguest. He was meant to stay for a few days, but he has been here for two weeks already, and he won't have a house ready for him now for another two weeks. So I figured bugger it, I will get the game going and he will have to allow for me to leave him for a time every day to post.

The IC thread has gone up, and I have linked to it in the first post of this thread. I will have the first post up within about half an hour. Thanks for your patience, everyone.

13. - Top - End - #13

DwarfClericGuy

Looking forward to it!

14. - Top - End - #14

DwarfClericGuy

I tried to really emphasize my two domains, but bold yellow still doesn't show up well on white background.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Just now noticed the IC was up. Will try to post this weekend.

Are we all traveling together, or brought to Dimayen by different paths?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

That is up to you. The important thing is that you all end up in the town. I figured a caravan together was simplest, but if you want to get there by alternate means then by all means include that into your post.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Still very interested, had a rough couple of weeks.

Now I'm trying to work out an angle of approach. DM, can you tell me a little more about the shrine you mentioned? That would be a more natural place for Mahasset to be, if the rest of the party will be traveling there soon. Otherwise Mahasset would have originally been in the area for the shrine, and later drawn to Dimayen by something else.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Not a problem. The game is going slowly still, but I have no intention of it ending.

I will assume you go to the temple in the IC thread, so the description will be there.

The rest of the party I will assume has gone to the tavern, as discussed.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Nice description of the temple, especially the amateurish modern touching-up.

Mahasset is there now, posted a brief intro.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Thanks. Part of the description comes from the module, some from me. The amateurish touching up was, I fear, not mine, but came from the module.

21. - Top - End - #21

DwarfClericGuy

Mahasset would know that Bazir is a healer.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

At this point Mahasset wouldn’t know any of the other PCs, since he didn’t meet them in town. My understanding is that the Shrine of Overflowing Joys is some distance outside of Dimayen, and Mahasset would have headed to the shrine directly.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

If it will make it easier, you can assume you know each other from arriving on the caravan, and simply split up when you got to town. Up to you. As long as you can bring the team together at some point.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

For now I’d just as soon that Mahasset is here independently and doesn’t know the others yet. He wouldn’t have any reason to be with a caravan, but he would have his reasons for coming to the shrine.

Also, Mahasset was making a Heal check to determine the nature of the sister’s wounds, described as bite marks. Does his Heal check tell him anything about those? And what level of healing spell does he estimate would be necessary to heal them?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Sorry, I have been waiting for everyone to post IC, but as that hasn't happened I will post the answer to your question Palanan. I will send the others DMs to see if they are still interested. If not, I will rerecruit.

The wounds look like a cross between human bites and jackals. You would think that they would be easily healed, but either because the acolytes want to save their magic for the diseased, or because the magic simply doesn't work on the bites, either way they have yet to be healed.

Also, you might want to ask a few more questions, just as OOC knowledge. There is more to learn from the acolyte.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2023-03-12 at 02:19 AM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I am still interested, just thrown a bit with the 'split' party. I guess with only one inn in the town, we'll probably bump into each other naturally.
    Last edited by Ragnarok'n'Roll; 2023-03-13 at 12:54 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am sure everyone will work to get together once the time is right. To be honest, I was a bit surprised at the split party too. But it isn't at all a problem, and it will make it easier to get the ball rolling on the plot. Incidentally, glad we still have you with us.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Standing by for the acolyte's response on what caused the bites on her arm.

Also, does Mahasset's Heal check reveal what level of spell would be required to cure those bites?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

You suspect that even magical healing wouldn't work. It is more like a magical curse attached to it. I just responded IC too. Sorry for the delay, I have been unusually busy this week.

Also, I am in the process of re-recruiting for a player for the warrior role right now. I have sent someone a message to see if they are interested.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Just posted, and once again the Playground dice roller hates me.

Also, I just realized that I never finished filling out Mahasset's languages; I was intending to go through the languages for this part of Golarion and it just slipped past me. I have a preliminary list in my notes, but I'll need to go back and fill that out property.