New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Feast of Dust

1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Feast of Dust

Just checking to see how many people we still have with us. No one has posted in a while, which is largely the fault of my slow posting. Just want to check who is still here.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by paradox26
    No one has posted in a while, which is largely the fault of my slow posting.
    This has unfortunately been a significant factor. We sometimes go 5-7 days without hearing anything at all. That makes it very difficult to maintain the momentum in combat.

I like my character, like the overall scenario and would like to continue, but it’s been very thin and sporadic. I can understand that life makes it difficult sometimes, but it really helps to check in, even if it’s just to advise that there’s some whitewater involved.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Troll in the Playground

Present....
    Semper ludens.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I am very sorry about that. I thought I always checked in every two to three days. The situation is that my partner has been away for a month, and I tend to get depression when she goes, and I spend all of my free time asleep, so I don't always check my games. She gets back tomorrow though, so hopefully I will go back to a regular schedule and will be more up for posting. I also didn't check my posts every day because it often took two to three days for everyone to get a post in. Hopefully, when I get posting more often, everyone else will too. I don't want the game to die, and I am prepared to run the game to the end, if everyone is prepared to stick with me.

I am hoping more people check in, but if not, do you guys want me to re-recruit of just go on with who we have left? We are still at the very beginning, so there isn't much for people to catch up on.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Titan in the Playground

I don't want the game to die, and I am prepared to run the game to the end, if everyone is prepared to stick with me.
    Still here, still willing to stick with it.

I am hoping more people check in, but if not, do you guys want me to re-recruit of just go on with who we have left?
    Looks like it’s just CasualViking and myself who are still here.

I’d prefer if we re-recruited to add at least a couple more players, so we’ll have a full party.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Okay, I have just posted a re-recruitment thread on the forum. I am sure we will get some bites.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

Alright, are we freezing the fight until it picks back up, and then subbing the new characters into the situation? Nothing wrong with recasting halfway through the pilot episode.
    Semper ludens.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

The fight is over now. You can search the building if you like, or else we can wait for the new players to join in.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Just posted Mahasset's next action. His intention was always to go after the ghoul-woman, so now that the invisible stalker is dealt with, Mahasset is out the door.

He had previously ordered his companion familiar to chase her as soon as she ran out, so between the two of them they should have line of sight on her.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

She teleported away. Don't worry, though, you will get full xp for defeating her. She was clever enough to realise she was outmatched and wasn't suicidal.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

I'll be happy to give Mahasset the journal, but it's going to cost at least an introduction :-)
    Semper ludens.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Heh. As a player, I appreciate the gesture. But Mahasset is a grouchy desert hermit who doesn't like most people he meets these days.

Also, the Playground dice roller $#&%#@!! hates me.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

You can use the map I linked for you previously to decide which other rooms you want to explore and in which order.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Just posted. As a player, I will certainly understand if Esmaeel chooses not to respond, in which case Mahasset will find his way to the printing press described in the previous post.

Also, sorry for the lapse in posting, computer and life issues abundant this week. Should be able to post fairly often this weekend, since it's a major holiday in the US with legendarily bad traffic and I'm sheltering in place.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Not a problem. I am hardly one to be able to complain about sparse posting. Besides, I figured we were largely on pause while we waited for the re-recruitment. I have finished the recruitment now, and have selected five players to join the game. That was all of the applicants I received, so I took them all.

Gunhaven, Paddywagon Man, Athaleon, angelpalm and rypt will be joining us here shortly. Hi guys, welcome to the game. Pick a colour and join in the posting. There isn't a lot of posts to catch up on, so you should be able to read them all fairly quickly if you want to know exactly where we are.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2023-05-28 at 02:14 AM.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Awesome! Really happy to make it in. Will five new people not be too many though, I thought you were looking for 2-3? So long as you can handle it as a GM I'm fine with a large group.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ettin in the Playground

Glad to have made it in! Goldenrod seems a fitting color for Majeed.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

Mistyped my Perception roll, so trying again here. This is for Mahasset in fox-form, trying to pick up any hint of scent from the countertop which might give a clue to where the ghoul-woman has been, and where she might have gone.

Perception
    (1d20+18)[38]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Sick, I’ll throw together a sheet for me conjuration companion tonight. Edar’Kear-Throden and Ossalur will bring up the rear. Let’s go with Dark Red for color.

Edit: Maurg has been tossed together. The other two are unmodified swarms, so catch me cleaning up evidence with them.
    Last edited by Gunhaven; 2023-05-29 at 12:23 AM.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

Hello, everyone! Glad to be joining!

Vesrin will speak in teal.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Bugbear in the Playground

Oh jeez. I gotta lower Aluna's level and spend some gold and she will be ready to go.

That color isn't hard to read is it?
    Last edited by angelpalm; 2023-05-29 at 03:59 AM.
    The Time for Honoring yourself will soon be at an END.

22. - Top - End - #82

So I am a bit lost but are we supposed to know each other?

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

I suppose some of our characters might know each other by reputation, but I didn't post with the expectation that Vesrin had met any of the other PCs before. I can't speak with certainty for anyone else, but it seems like other folks took a similar approach.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Paddywagon Man View Post
    Awesome! Really happy to make it in. Will five new people not be too many though, I thought you were looking for 2-3? So long as you can handle it as a GM I'm fine with a large group.
    I should be able to handle it. Running a module makes it easier. Combat will be difficult, but it is just a bit of extra work, which I can handle.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

Originally Posted by rypt
    I can't speak with certainty for anyone else, but it seems like other folks took a similar approach.
    In the first group of PCs, the others came into town together with the same caravan while Mahasset arrived independently. They all had at least a passing acquaintance with each other, while Mahasset didn't know any of them. Seems like the next round of newcomers are all arriving independently as well.

They say bookstores are a good place to meet people, but this is a little much.

Last edited by Palanan; 2023-05-28 at 11:02 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ettin in the Playground

I had Edar living in the desert and making the odd trip into town for his tie in to the campaign. Others can roll with that or just assume that the insect infested kobold is a weirdo.
    New job, who dis?
    I'll check in the evenings when I get home from work / take a break from whatever game has claimed my soul.

Your understanding is appreciated.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

You can choose to arrive independently if you like, as long as you can come together and can act as a party soon.

28. - Top - End - #88

Quote Originally Posted by paradox26 View Post
    You can choose to arrive independently if you like, as long as you can come together and can act as a party soon.
    I made Aluna a Lion's roar mercenary and expat who lives in Dimayen with her two younger siblings. The youngest, Kaz[younger brother] has a condition that requires the arid environment. The middle aged, Sima[younger sister] is old enough to work and helps take care of the youngest. Although they aren't originally from Dimayen, they do have relatives in town[uncles and aunts].

Edit: What is a good code of honor for a merc?
    Last edited by angelpalm; 2023-05-29 at 03:45 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I will have to throw that question open to the rest of the party. The only merc rule I can think of is "Always fulfill a contract once taken".

EDIT: Oh, and Leon's rule from The Professional: No women, no kids.
    Last edited by paradox26; 2023-05-29 at 04:02 AM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by angelpalm View Post
    Oh jeez. I gotta lower Aluna's level and spend some gold and she will be ready to go.

That color isn't hard to read is it?
    If you don't mind me asking, how are you taking both War Soul and Gifted Blade when both replace Psychic Strike?

And which type are you using to qualify for Altered Life? Going to be very relevant for Vesrin's sanctions.
    Last edited by rypt; 2023-05-29 at 06:10 AM.